PDA

View Full Version : damage and attack questions

birdmasta
05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
what are the differences? what does attack boost? what does damage boost? and how will it affect pvp?
heh heh im a real noob xD

Blaquehaaart
05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I think attack is hit and crit chance, and damage is damage.

Baocak
05-07-2012, 12:51 AM
It would be nice if there were definitive stats...Do levels matter for hit percentage? How much attack increases hit? Is there a hard cap, soft cap? I'm level 21 with 110 attack...is it beneficial for me to get more? Should I loose attack in favor of defensive stats? Should I keep it the same?

I've also wondered if attack has to do with a non-charged swing whereas damage affects spells as well. Also, is dps merely the damage from non-charged swings?

Does anyone know the effectiveness of defense vs. health? I've been going off of percentage of what I currently have, but it would be nice to know how stats actually affect game play...

sun light
05-07-2012, 07:37 AM
attack is crit
but in PL if u have more than 100 every hit is double.
in DL its not! idk the math here but i tried full attack gear,full defence gear and full health gear.
my best is keep my attack and defence over 100 and the rest on health
but that is individualm.... depends how ure playing.
u can also have full attack and kill me lol
so in fact ull have to try all gear balance or not and figure out what is the best gear for u

Blaquehaaart
05-07-2012, 02:08 PM
attack is crit
but in PL if u have more than 100 every hit is double.
in DL its not! idk the math here but i tried full attack gear,full defence gear and full health gear.
my best is keep my attack and defence over 100 and the rest on health
but that is individualm.... depends how ure playing.
u can also have full attack and kill me lol
so in fact ull have to try all gear balance or not and figure out what is the best gear for u

Yeah, this is about what I see too. I didn't notice a huge difference going from full attack to full defense gear. The only thing I noticed that made a substatial difference was health.

Although, some people still insta kill me with the fb/vs/stomp combo...although, I still insta kill with it once and a while too.

FluffNStuff
05-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Attack is like Dex in PL, where each point gives you some damage, hit percentage and crit. What the actual numbers for the relationship are we don't know, but it is definitely less then one.

birdmasta
05-07-2012, 11:14 PM
ty guys. but whats FB, VS, stomp combo? its from blaqque post. and are there combos in DL. i do them but idk how

Blaquehaaart
05-08-2012, 02:21 AM
You just charge fb, hit vermin swarm, then stomp...if the person isn't geared they die.

Vermin swarm is a pretty op skill, even after they nerfed it. It has a knock back, snare, and a high damage dot...and it cost little blood and has a short cool down.

If I see someone take some damage I just hit VS while I run past them, and they die a few seconds later.

birdmasta
05-08-2012, 07:40 AM
ahhh pretty neat. but whats the stomp?

wvhills
05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
i'm level 15 and I put points in shadow dance and hell blade and was going to put a point in leap when I get to 20. Should I respec to get vermin swarm instead? (for pvp purposes).

Lady_Pebbles
05-08-2012, 08:51 AM
As ai said in another thread...

Considering a dev posted the info on another thread regarding the difference between damage and attack, the following should be correct or close to it:

Attack = Critical hit chance, some damage and some aim/hit chance.
Defense = Some dodge, hp regen, and def.
Health = Mana, health & some def (makes you harder to kill).
Damage = Makes your skills -a lot- stronger & your weapon a lil stronger calculated by attack.
DPS = Straight DPS (the old dmg #) of weapon & possibly skills as well.

Key is to have a balance between them. Otherwise you could potentially killl yourself or contribute to it in the process of a pvp match. For example, high hp takes longer to kill but if the player with high hp is using skills at level 2 and spamming them, they are going to drain their own hp quickly so it won't take much to kill them. However, some def helps them dodge the incoming attacks & regens their hp. The hp regens faster if your toon is standing still so in PvP def is mostly used for dodge purposes where as hp acts like a shield (perse) on top of hp and mana attributes.

Would love some dev feedback on this to see if Im on the right track here or if I missed something. x.X

SIDE NOTE: Sorry if this is posted multiple times. The app is giving me issues. >__<

Staryknight
05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
You will want both vermin and leap for pvp. Save two points for when you get to 20.

FluffNStuff
05-08-2012, 09:41 AM

I think people are referring to Leap as Stomp. Should ask LeapArtist.

XchilangopwnX
05-08-2012, 09:59 AM

I think people are referring to Leap as Stomp. Should ask LeapArtist.

Off-topic. I dislike how ppl are bringing over the PL skill name to DL :(

DL has its own skills and they should be referred to as their proper name to avoid possible confusion

The jumpy skill in DL is LEAP, not stomp. :)

birdmasta
05-08-2012, 11:28 PM
ty all. I get it very clearly now. helped me a lot. especially LADY_PEBBLES (off topic: y did u ignore me in game? im feared. or were u afk? I just like talking to pros especially pros in sparkling pwnies) :)

Lady_Pebbles
05-09-2012, 01:13 AM
ty all. I get it very clearly now. helped me a lot. especially LADY_PEBBLES (off topic: y did u ignore me in game? im feared. or were u afk? I just like talking to pros especially pros in sparkling pwnies) :)

I was probably afk, sorry! >__< Do that often in the main maps. Hit me up with a friend request! Glad I could help ya out. <3 Im about to get on DL in a few to see whats up. :-)

birdmasta
05-09-2012, 01:19 AM
I was probably afk, sorry! >__< Do that often in the main maps. Hit me up with a friend request! Glad I could help ya out. <3 Im about to get on DL in a few to see whats up. :-)

im offline lol. ill add u soon!