PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

MightyMicah
05-07-2012, 03:42 PM
I am quite frustrated with the whole pvp system :\ Apparently there is some special combo to kill enemies very quickly and I can't for the life of me find out what that combo is. (get it? For the >life< of me XD)

So far I've pretty much done nothing but die and kill steal. I am only level 14 so I'm thinking that may have something to do with my bad experience...

Is there anyone willing to offer some advice or teach me a little bit in game?

~MM

Late
05-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Mighty add me (lucnchtwo) i could help u!

Lowlyspy
05-07-2012, 03:55 PM
I use charged Vermin swarm > hellblade > curse > leap. Pretty sure that is the common combo people use, it has served me well though, I take down most people including those with plat gear with ease.

Blaquehaaart
05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
It's gear and a fb/stomp spec...at least in the end game.

The common combo is charged fb/swarm/stomp. However, it's a gear based spec. If someone is rocking full plat gear and you are not, you will most likely die from the combo.

If you don't have have the gear it's not a good spec. Someone with UB can cleans or SD through your VS and pwn you, and someone with a VS/Stomp will out damage and outlast you.

Late
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
It's gear and a fb/stomp spec...at least in the end game.

The common combo is charged fb/swarm/stomp. However, it's a gear based spec. If someone is rocking full plat gear and you are not, you will most likely die from the combo.

If you don't have have the gear it's not a good spec. Someone with UB can cleans or SD through your VS and pwn you, and someone with a VS/Stomp will out damage and outlast you.
Plat gear aren't always good, u can reverse it if you wear all pinks and balance ur attack and armor

Ripper McGee
05-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Plat gear aren't always good, u can reverse it if you wear all pinks and balance ur attack and armor

Don't forget, there was a patch that made pinks as good as plat gear...

Sryyoulose
05-07-2012, 05:49 PM
I get more kills in my whites then some ppl do with pinks XD

Blaquehaaart
05-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I get more kills in my whites then some ppl do with pinks XD

...and there are skilled guys rocking full plat that will wtfpwn you. I don't think that hoping the guy you are fighting in good gear sucks is a good strategy.

More often then not, they have some idea what they are doing.

...come to think of it. There is no way someone it whites could beat someone in full plat. A single uncharged vermin swarm from someone in maxed out plat gear would kill you. There is no skill in that, all someone would have to do is press a button within 12 meters and you will die in 5 seconds.

Blaquehaaart
05-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Don't forget, there was a patch that made pinks as good as plat gear...

There is no lvl 21 pinks. You can only farm lvl 20 gear that is on par with plat.

In the endgame, plat gear is still vastly dominant.

Nassar
05-07-2012, 07:05 PM
There is no lvl 21 pinks. You can only farm lvl 20 gear that is on par with plat.

In the endgame, plat gear is still vastly dominant.

You can buy level 21 plat gear.

Blaquehaaart
05-07-2012, 07:12 PM
You can buy level 21 plat gear.

Yeah, that's what I mean. The only way to get 21 pinks is with plat.

MightyMicah
05-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Uhm guys let's not start an argument about whether plat pinks or non-plat pinks are better or whether they affect the gameplay. I just wanted some tips is all. And thank you to those who gave them!

Snuffshow
05-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Yhu think that's bad??? I just turned 17 and every frickn time I join a pvp match... I get stuck with you level 21 dudes... FRUSTRATING I mean I dunno Bout you guys but that is stuffn up my k/d ratio big time YO space time change the Frickn level for us low levels it's not funny gettin pwnd from someone that's 3 to 4 levels in front of you. And a hell of a lot more frustrating fighting... I mean rolling over and dying against these plat gear punks. Got nothing against just Balance the frickn level requirements why don't you.

Skeokateva
05-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Apparently there is some special combo to kill enemies very quickly... (get it? For the >life< of me XD)
~MM

Don't worry the devs r working on balance. The last update nerfed the combo u r talking about, to my knowledge. Also the damage was lowered on higher lvl skills to cause less dam. I respec often to try other skills and this past update evened the skill damage out to where skills other than FB+ VS+ Leap isn't an "instant kill". Unless, of course u have so little hp that doing your combo and getting hit by thiers kills you.

In my opinion its better to choose VS and what ever other skills u like using ( i always use FB too) , make sure that when balancing your hp u can at least survive the combo u r using either w/ gems or passive skills. After that its all luck and warfare, but thats just my approach :D

As for the 17, it doesn't take long to lvl to 20 if you stay on top of your energy use. Until then stay with the herd and kite the rooms for buffs.

~Atti

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Sryyoulose
05-15-2012, 10:54 AM
i got from lvl 1-20 in 3.5 days... no plat

Skeokateva
05-15-2012, 11:07 AM
i got from lvl 1-20 in 3.5 days... no plat

BAM! :D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Kaytar
05-15-2012, 11:14 AM
I usually start out with charged FB, leap, vermin swarm, then blades.

MightyMicah
05-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Thanks for all the help guys I've gotten way better!

Range
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I am quite frustrated with the whole pvp system :\ Apparently there is some special combo to kill enemies very quickly and I can't for the life of me find out what that combo is. (get it? For the >life< of me XD)

So far I've pretty much done nothing but die and kill steal. I am only level 14 so I'm thinking that may have something to do with my bad experience...

Is there anyone willing to offer some advice or teach me a little bit in game?

~MM

Take your time and study skills charged an uncharged. Do different combo's charge and uncharged. Also read each skill on skill page very careful. Don't add two point to any skill besides passive ones.
Do u have a buddy to test with?

Hullukko
05-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Yhu think that's bad??? I just turned 17 and every frickn time I join a pvp match... I get stuck with you level 21 dudes... FRUSTRATING I mean I dunno Bout you guys but that is stuffn up my k/d ratio big time YO space time change the Frickn level for us low levels it's not funny gettin pwnd from someone that's 3 to 4 levels in front of you. And a hell of a lot more frustrating fighting... I mean rolling over and dying against these plat gear punks. Got nothing against just Balance the frickn level requirements why don't you.

Boo hoo. Level up and fight. That's what everybody else did.

I can assure that the 21s aren't exactly thrilled with you joining their team with your negative contribution either.