PDA

View Full Version : I just wanna say

Lamah
05-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I have come to notice in my recent venture into the land of pvp that alot of you who do this regularly are very rude and cocky to new comers.
To the point of flamming about skill or armor choice, and to someone new to the game or just to pvping this could totally steer them away from the game or pvping entirely. Your job as a veteran pvper is to help newbies and point them in the correct direction, for example. Instead of making fun of my armor choice how about telling me what a better choice would be or maybe give a hit in better tactics.
All in all remember it's a game, let's all have fun and help each other, not flame and heckle like children, I really expected more trying out pvping but sad to say
after my experience today I won't be trying it again for a long time. Think Ill stick to pve and helping out newcomers, thanks.

Phoenixking
05-07-2012, 07:41 PM
As a veteran pvper, it's not their job to help newbies, they don't have a job to say, they just pvp for fun, why do they have to be forced to steer someone to the direction I disagree on that point, but I do agree with the don't bother the other players.

Lamah
05-07-2012, 07:50 PM
My real point is that if you can put time into flaming a newb you can put time into being helping a newb. Productive vs Destructive
In no way do I feel someone should be forced into helping anyone.

Walkhardd
05-07-2012, 08:18 PM
I agree that some of the better pvprs are complete jerks to newbies. My first time trying pvp was at level 25, when I was still a new player. I was called "trash" "retard" "noob" etc. you get the point. It was not fun, and I didn't try it again for a long time. Now, it's basically all I do.

So, I'd be more than happy to help you out, because pvp is actually very fun, once you get the hang of it. add me in game.

Ign: walkhardd

AbsolutePally
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I do believe older, more experienced pvpers do have an obligation and responsibility to help. I apologize on behalf of the community and advise you to keep trying! It is very competitive and people will be rude and ugly, sorry.
I'm at endgame pvp so if you are as well send me a pm! I'll be pretty busy training with my guild for th tournie so if I am unresponsive please do not take it personal :)
Ign: Absoluteboss

Since you found/use forums, take some time to read up! There is a lot of very good and insighful info here.

Mothwing
05-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Guys, look, its PVP, not dress-up, a tea party, or a play date at your bff's house. If you don't like the environment, don't play. The people that play PVP are PL's competitive players who don't like losing. It's not our job to give everyone a tour of the game. Experience is earned by playing, like in any other game. You won't get anywhere if you rely on others to do the work for you.

Cursing, trolling, and flaming aren't cool however, and I do side on you for this. RUSHING is a whole different story. Show me a book of rules that say you can't attack others when you enter a game, and i'll change my tone. I guess it isn't really relevant to this topic, but it seems to be a common problem in most cases.

Nick41324
05-07-2012, 09:05 PM
tell me what lvl you pvp at. I'll help you out with skills and ill buy you some decent gear.

readtitle
04-06-2013, 02:51 PM
I would also like to throw in i bes

MightyMicah
04-06-2013, 02:58 PM
I have come to notice in my recent venture into the land of pvp that alot of you who do this regularly are very rude and cocky to new comers.
To the point of flamming about skill or armor choice, and to someone new to the game or just to pvping this could totally steer them away from the game or pvping entirely. Your job as a veteran pvper is to help newbies and point them in the correct direction, for example. Instead of making fun of my armor choice how about telling me what a better choice would be or maybe give a hit in better tactics.
All in all remember it's a game, let's all have fun and help each other, not flame and heckle like children, I really expected more trying out pvping but sad to say
after my experience today I won't be trying it again for a long time. Think Ill stick to pve and helping out newcomers, thanks.

I think you are slightly mistaken. These so called "veteran" pvpers are not the veterans at all. KDR is very misleading. Every "veteran" pvper I've ever known was very polite to newcomers. It's the guys in between. The guys who have pvped for awhile and begin to get fairly good. they begin to let it go to their head and start making fun of others.

While I disagree with what you said about it being a veteran's "job" to be courteous, I do think that that is a great idea. Shoot, if everyone would be more courteous in general things would be much better.

Yich
04-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Guys, look, its PVP, not dress-up, a tea party, or a play date at your bff's house. If you don't like the environment, don't play. The people that play PVP are PL's competitive players who don't like losing. It's not our job to give everyone a tour of the game. Experience is earned by playing, like in any other game. You won't get anywhere if you rely on others to do the work for you.

Cursing, trolling, and flaming aren't cool however, and I do side on you for this. RUSHING is a whole different story. Show me a book of rules that say you can't attack others when you enter a game, and i'll change my tone. I guess it isn't really relevant to this topic, but it seems to be a common problem in most cases.

All out FFA is only plausible in endgame. Try that in twinking and you'll have a problem.

@OP - most have to be broken into PvP. If you cant handle a little trash talk, then you probably arent cut out for it. Maybe you should stick to killing those friendly monsters in PvE. Im nice to anyone who is nice to me without showing even a hint of stupidity. Seriously, 1 question mark after I rush you and it's over.

@MM- Entertaining is a veteran an he hates new players just as much as i do. Has nothing to do with how long youve played or kills youve gotten.

Randomguy
04-06-2013, 05:30 PM
tell me what lvl you pvp at. I'll help you out with skills and ill buy you some decent gear.

if its endgame... GL with the gear

Reunegade
04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Look at the date of OP.

MightyMicah
04-06-2013, 06:58 PM
All out FFA is only plausible in endgame. Try that in twinking and you'll have a problem.

@MM- Entertaining is a veteran an he hates new players just as much as i do. Has nothing to do with how long youve played or kills youve gotten.

I guess I should have said "most."

Yich
04-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Look at the date of OP.

Couple months old, big deal. Who cares.

Reunegade
04-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Yeah, 9 months ago, no biggie :)

Walkhardd
04-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Aw. Back when I attempted to post useful posts.

Ujustgotnuked
04-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Halp meh ai herd deth set waz gud at fifteh i hav eh fifteh soh cn uh get meh deth set plox <3

Ujustgotnuked
04-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Bump, preferably shotty

Promagin
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Lol. U funny

pakayolo
04-11-2013, 10:29 AM

This post is really ignorant. I have spent lots of time gold and money to figure out the best gear classes builds and tactics. Their are plenty of guides out their already. In any other game in pvp their isnt even calling. The game doesnt not have a 3 2 1 count down so why should we play as if we have to. STS made the game like this and i think they did great. Just because you are either to lazy to spend the time to learn the skills or to stupid to understand how the game works doesnt mean they should change the game. I dont ever pve i spend all my time in pvp maybe if u put your time to want you want to play you will get better. This is a waste of a post. GROW UP!!!!!!

Yich
04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
This post is really ignorant. I have spent lots of time gold and money to figure out the best gear classes builds and tactics. Their are plenty of guides out their already. In any other game in pvp their isnt even calling. The game doesnt not have a 3 2 1 count down so why should we play as if we have to. STS made the game like this and i think they did great. Just because you are either to lazy to spend the time to learn the skills or to stupid to understand how the game works doesnt mean they should change the game. I dont ever pve i spend all my time in pvp maybe if u put your time to want you want to play you will get better. This is a waste of a post. GROW UP!!!!!!

Fe - E. That's fancy chemist speek for irony. Speaking of irony, this post was full of it^^. I'd go on but I don't think you deserve to be graced with my knowledge. Enjoy the blessing of ignorance, my friend.

pakayolo
04-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Fe - E. That's fancy chemist speek for irony. Speaking of irony, this post was full of it^^. I'd go on but I don't think you deserve to be graced with my knowledge. Enjoy the blessing of ignorance, my friend.

I bet you're fat and ugly.

Zeus
04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I bet you're fat and ugly.

Before you accuse me of the same...

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/htrap_2294/46FBAAAB-6CC0-4BDA-8C6F-54FA66FA3882-1465-00000162DA76CCF8_zps15351e9c.jpg

Your insults are really childish and insulting. Do you really have to stoop that low, dude? I know most people have a better moral fiber than that.

pakayolo
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Before you accuse me of the same...

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/htrap_2294/46FBAAAB-6CC0-4BDA-8C6F-54FA66FA3882-1465-00000162DA76CCF8_zps15351e9c.jpg

Your insults are really childish and insulting. Do you really have to stoop that low, dude? I know most people have a better moral fiber than that.

Oh Apollo i want to troll you about how tall you are. But so far you have been one of my more rational haters. So i will leave you with this. I will be on the forums tomorrow with some times we can make that video. K Bye.

Zeus
04-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh Apollo i want to troll you about how tall you are. But so far you have been one of my more rational haters. So i will leave you with this. I will be on the forums tomorrow with some times we can make that video. K Bye.

I expect it to be 1v1. I'm not going to be a burden to anyone's team by being the weakest link.

I'm average height, btw: 5' 11''

pakayolo
04-11-2013, 12:28 PM

Im not even gunna read what u just wrote in this quote.

pakayolo
04-11-2013, 12:30 PM
I expect it to be 1v1. I'm not going to be a burden to anyone's team by being the weakest link.

We will see.

Yich
04-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Any bets on how long it takes Sam/g/delph to come along an review his posts and ban him? I bet he's gone before the weekend.

pakayolo
04-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Any bets on how long it takes Sam/g/delph to come along an review his posts and ban him? I bet he's gone before the weekend.

Yea they will bann all of you for trolling me.

Yich
04-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Yea they will bann all of you for trolling me.

That wasnt trolling. That was my way of asking people to report your posts because I dont have the time to report each one.

pakayolo
04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
That wasnt trolling. That was my way of asking people to report your posts because I dont have the time to report each one.

I am so done with you yich you no longer exist to me

Delphina
04-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Please do not necro threads.