PDA

View Full Version : Tips for lvl 7 pvper

Silverpain
05-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi all! My name's Silverpain. I'm PL and SL pvper. 2 days ago I started playing DL. I was exited! But there were a lot of difference in gameplay: no auto-attack and no range weapon. All pvp games in DL are FFA(no rules) and 90% of players are rushers. He are some tips for players:
1) Camera:
Zoom out your camera view to min lvl.
2)Weapon:
You need plat pack weapon or lvl 7 pink. You can buy pinks in auction or farm them. I use Night Butchers of Onslaught. I farmed it in "The Rotting Baron" level( first mission in Kains Crest campaign). If you don't drop it, you should try again! I tried 5 times!
3) Skills:
Use Shadow dance skill to get close to target. Use power attack(hold attack button) to make counter(if rival used shadow dance on you). Try to make combo( combos will be posted later).
4) Other tips:
If your hp is low pick up "heart" buff. If you need to run from your rivals pick "speed" buff. To make "ambush" hide behind the wall(in CTF mode hide near your flag) And last: good always win fights! So don't go alone vs 3 players.
If you have some questions ask Silverfangs and Evergreen in DL.
Was glad to help. Have fun and win!!!
P.S Are there any pvp/twink guilds in DL? PM me name of guild and leader's nick if you know some of them.

Blaquehaaart
05-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Get 21

Silverpain
05-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Yes 21 is good but it's boring to lvl up-.-

Range
05-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Get 21

Wth Blaq!?!?
He gets "get 21"
I get "get 21 noob!"
I see how it is man :P

Apostel
05-09-2012, 01:42 PM
How about "get 21" AND keep twinking? Much more a solution to me haha

Blaquehaaart
05-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Wth Blaq!?!?
He gets "get 21"
I get "get 21 noob!"
I see how it is man :P

Get over it...

birdmasta
05-09-2012, 11:07 PM
blaq all u post in threads about twinks. "get 21" or "blah twinking is unsporting and uncompetitve" cmon we have our own opinions. no offense :)

HunterSLAYER
05-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Agreed at 21 ONLY the rich plat users own pvp.

Although i've seen non-plat users killing lv 21 plat users over and over again, it just ain't common.

Blaquehaaart
05-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Twinks are uncompetitive. You park your toon at a low level with the maximum full pvp spec and max gear, with the intent of competing with people with lvling gear and specs, and no experience.

Especially at lvl 5-7. I mean most of the people are brand new to the game, don't understand it, and/or have no intent streamlining their toon for that level of play. It's like a grown man playing basketball with a bunch of 10 year-olds and feeling like a champ because you can beat them in a 1 on 5 in half court match.

Most especially for a game this early in it's infancy, it's not like there is a huge leveling hump. I mean, it's not like there is an overwhelming number of 21s right now. The vast majority are still 20.

It's the same in every MMO. Twinks are for people that don't want to compete in endgame, because they want that discernible advantage of always out gearing, having the best pvp spec for that lvl, and being the most experienced person pvp in that bracket of play.

Come on man, stop picking on the noobs and get to the end game and play with the rest of the serious pvpers, where there is real competition.

Darkfader
05-10-2012, 04:39 AM
Twinks are uncompetitive. You park your toon at a low level with the maximum full pvp spec and max gear, with the intent of competing with people with lvling gear and specs, and no experience.

Especially at lvl 5-7. I mean most of the people are brand new to the game, don't understand it, and/or have no intent streamlining their toon for that level of play. It's like a grown man playing basketball with a bunch of 10 year-olds and feeling like a champ because you can beat them in a 1 on 5 in half court match.

Most especially for a game this early in it's infancy, it's not like there is a huge leveling hump. I mean, it's not like there is an overwhelming number of 21s right now. The vast majority are still 20.

It's the same in every MMO. Twinks are for people that don't want to compete in endgame, because they want that discernible advantage of always out gearing, having the best pvp spec for that lvl, and being the most experienced person pvp in that bracket of play.

Come on man, stop picking on the noobs and get to the end game and play with the rest of the serious pvpers, where there is real competition.

So wrong...
Twinking is in every mmo games very competitive. If you think it doesn't take skill to be best of each level then you better try twinking yourself. Different builds, skills and combos makes pvp fresh after smashing head on wall at endgame. Killing new players, not problem in my opinion because it's pvp and players know it when they join because screen say it when you walk trough the portal.

I would say there never twinks without endgame character. Twinking is just whole other scene if you don't like it, least let us twinkers be and do what we do.

Blaquehaaart
05-10-2012, 05:18 AM
So wrong...
Twinking is in every mmo games very competitive. If you think it doesn't take skill to be best of each level then you better try twinking yourself. Different builds, skills and combos makes pvp fresh after smashing head on wall at endgame. Killing new players, not problem in my opinion because it's pvp and players know it when they join because screen say it when you walk trough the portal.

I would say there never twinks without endgame character. Twinking is just whole other scene if you don't like it, least let us twinkers be and do what we do.

So you don't run around and slaughter players that have inferior gear and spec, and less knowledge of the game?

Are you guys really racking up a 10:1 kill ratio against other twinks?

A player knows what they are getting into when the go through the portal? Seriously? I mean, seriously? A lvl 5 that has about 3 hours of play time with starter lvl gear and his toon set on auto spec zoning into a ctf match against another lvl 5 with full pinks (maybe even $100 spent on plat gear), a tailored spec, and 3000 kills...and you think is completely fair and sporting? Lawlz...

I mean, the end game isn't even developed yet...I still haven't play a 5v5 match with all 21s, so how can you say you hit a wall with it? I mean, the games are getting harder every day...hell, every match they are getting a little harder. The real competition in the 21 bracket is just starting.

DM is still new, and more people are getting an idea of the strat. It isn't like there is only a handfull of 21s running around pwning any more.

I mean, considering you guys played mmos previously, and are even spending the time, effort, and potentially real money twinking this early in the game...I dare to say over your endgame toon...is simply because you know how easy it is to gain a superior advantage, rack up a high kdr, and it is vastly less competitive in a low lvl bracket, and you'll be far more dominant by twinking a toon.

Seriously, how many twinks are there right now like 7? Are you guys playing with each other or against each other?

Let's speak purely in terms of this game. The competition with a twink against a non-twink at level 5, considering probably 95% of the people at that lvl are brand new to the game, is vastly lower than the current state of competition in the 20-21 bracket, which is getting more competitive everyday.

In the 20-21 no one is getting a 10:1 kdr...not even the kill farmers.

Twinking is unsporting. Everyone that's played seriously in any other mmo knows that, and end game guys always look down on twinkers because it's an easy way to pick on noobs...which is something not as common at endgame pvp because the majority of people are much more aware of how to play the game.

Let's be real, how are you even trying to justify this?

Just get to 21 and pick on people your own size.

Cahaun
05-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Reading this, I believe the twinkers should have the freedom to pvp the way they want to at any lvl. They are pvping for strategy, not farm kills.

Darkfader
05-10-2012, 06:37 AM
So you don't run around and slaughter players that have inferior gear and spec, and less knowledge of the game?

Are you guys really racking up a 10:1 kill ratio against other twinks?

A player knows what they are getting into when the go through the portal? Seriously? I mean, seriously? A lvl 5 that has about 3 hours of play time with starter lvl gear and his toon set on auto spec zoning into a ctf match against another lvl 5 with full pinks (maybe even $100 spent on plat gear), a tailored spec, and 3000 kills...and you think is completely fair and sporting? Lawlz...

I mean, the end game isn't even developed yet...I still haven't play a 5v5 match with all 21s, so how can you say you hit a wall with it? I mean, the games are getting harder every day...hell, every match they are getting a little harder. The real competition in the 21 bracket is just starting.

DM is still new, and more people are getting an idea of the strat. It isn't like there is only a handfull of 21s running around pwning any more.

I mean, considering you guys played mmos previously, and are even spending the time, effort, and potentially real money twinking this early in the game...I dare to say over your endgame toon...is simply because you know how easy it is to gain a superior advantage, rack up a high kdr, and it is vastly less competitive in a low lvl bracket, and you'll be far more dominant by twinking a toon.

Seriously, how many twinks are there right now like 7? Are you guys playing with each other or against each other?

Let's speak purely in terms of this game. The competition with a twink against a non-twink at level 5, considering probably 95% of the people at that lvl are brand new to the game, is vastly lower than the current state of competition in the 20-21 bracket, which is getting more competitive everyday.

In the 20-21 no one is getting a 10:1 kdr...not even the kill farmers.

Twinking is unsporting. Everyone that's played seriously in any other mmo knows that, and end game guys always look down on twinkers because it's an easy way to pick on noobs...which is something not as common at endgame pvp because the majority of people are much more aware of how to play the game.

Let's be real, how are you even trying to justify this?

Just get to 21 and pick on people your own size.

Touch with pinky and it exploded............
I won't need to answer this post LOL, I have 21 and have hammer blown you down enough many times to make endgame pvp already boring because of not much supply of new endgame players. Wonder why?

Apostel
05-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I am limited by my english speaking skills but I can for sure say that this guy -> Blaquehaaart sure is some annoying [censored] who is unsatisfyd in his real life and so is trying dump his bad mood on other people in this forum. Thats all I have to say for this.

Blaquehaaart
05-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Touch with pinky and it exploded............
I won't need to answer this post LOL, I have 21 and have hammer blown you down enough many times to make endgame pvp already boring because of not much supply of new endgame players. Wonder why?

Hammer blow some more, instead of picking on new players then. The competion in end game is ramping up so know one is overly dominant.

Who's your 21? I'lll keep a look out.

Blaquehaaart
05-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I am limited by my english speaking skills but I can for sure say that this guy -> Blaquehaaart sure is some annoying [censored] who is unsatisfyd in his real life and so is trying dump his bad mood on other people in this forum. Thats all I have to say for this.

Lawlz...you wanna make this personal. Well your just a [censored] that takes pride on winning against those that are severly disadvantaged, and uses a buffed character in a beginner enviornment to get a faux stat in an uncompetitive league.

Yeah, I have thankless high stress job in which I manage lots of money and lots of resposibility. Your right about that.

What do you do beside pick on people at a serious disadvantage to you?

Apostel
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I do play this game to hang around with frieds and not to fk up people like you do. Don't think the whole community cares just about you. I ain't big but you are just a small fish.

Blaquehaaart
05-10-2012, 01:57 PM
I do play this game to hang around with frieds and not to fk up people like you do. Don't think the whole community cares just about you. I ain't big but you are just a small fish.

Huh? The whole point of twinking is to gain an unfair advantage in a non-competitive level of play specifically to fk people up.

All I talk about about is balancing specs and making the acquisition of gear a merit based system rather than a pay-to-win, in hopes of fostering a competive enviornment with an equal playing field.

I don't intentionally team stack (I often switch sides to get games started, even if it means going against a dominant force) and I bought plat gear to make be viable in pvp, I didn't go nuts to get a full legendary set.

I certainly think you are projecting.

Apostel
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Huh? The whole point of twinking is to gain an unfair advantage in a non-competitive level of play specifically to fk people up.

You sure have no clue of the whole thing. You have no clue about what you are talking because you get the whole thing wrong.

Twinking is not to get an advantage in a non-competitive level of play. Twinks are models for new players to fire them up to keep the game playing so that they create a twink themself and to keep the whole thing going. Twink pvp is as much fun as endgame pvp and you can raise a twink in less time but you can experience same fun you would in endgame pvp.

There are plenty of ways to create a powerful twink with C H E A P gear with a good guide. I did actually tryd out a L12 twink with green gear and did pwn. Its not about gear, its about a clear guide how to play your char.

Darkfader
05-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Oh god.... Better just use some ignore around here....

Apostel
05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Oh god.... Better just use some ignore around here....

Yeah you may be right. (:

Blaquehaaart
05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
You sure have no clue of the whole thing. You have no clue about what you are talking because you get the whole thing wrong.

Twinking is not to get an advantage in a non-competitive level of play. Twinks are models for new players to fire them up to keep the game playing so that they create a twink themself and to keep the whole thing going. Twink pvp is as much fun as endgame pvp and you can raise a twink in less time but you can experience same fun you would in endgame pvp.

There are plenty of ways to create a powerful twink with C H E A P gear with a good guide. I did actually tryd out a L12 twink with green gear and did pwn. Its not about gear, its about a clear guide how to play your char.

Lawlz right so wtfpwing at a level that is vastly undergeared and inexperienced is helping them?

OMG, that's like saying you beat your wife and kids because you love them and trying to toughen them up.

Apostel
05-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Lawlz right so wtfpwing at a level that is vastly undergeared and inexperienced is helping them?

OMG, that's like saying you beat your wife and kids because you love them and trying to toughen them up.

Your comments and examples are sick and show a bit of your sick personality. Leave people here alone. I feel really bad that my english is not that skilled, otherwise you would hear more. Thats it, I am done with you. ;)

Dynastu
05-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Twinking is uncompetitive in every MMO?

Try Lv30-35 twinking in PL...

Blaquehaaart
05-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Your comments and examples are sick and show a bit of your sick personality. Leave people here alone. I feel really bad that my english is not that skilled, otherwise you would hear more. Thats it, I am done with you. ;)

No I'm putting things into context and putting it out there that twinking is looked at as being unsporting in every MMO.

It's fun because you have massive advantage over the majority of others in that level, with the exceptions of other twinks.

It's even worse when twinks band together to wtfpwn low level players, which happens more often than twinks competing against each other.

It' absurd how you justify it like you are helping other players. Seriously, helping other players to stay at level 5-7? Lawlz!

If you want to be a shining example of pvp prowess pwn at the 21 bracket where the playing field is more equal and competition is more fierce.

birdmasta
05-11-2012, 01:01 AM
@blaq i can no longer hold in the sh*t ur saying bro. shut the f*** up leave twinking alone. u dont like it then dont worry about it. u always post negative comments. ur a great forumer :) best one ive seen u a**hole. alright im done with u too. later noob

Blaquehaaart
05-11-2012, 01:13 AM
@blaq i can no longer hold in the sh*t ur saying bro. shut the f*** up leave twinking alone. u dont like it then dont worry about it. u always post negative comments. ur a great forumer :) best one ive seen u a**hole. alright im done with u too. later noob

Twinking's lame. Stop picking on noobs, get 21, and play with the real pvpers.

It is pathetic to even pride yourself for being good at it. It's like thinking you're a tough guy because you dominate 10 year olds at arm wrestling matches.

Lawlz, they are called twinks because the whole practice of it is...well...ghey.

birdmasta
05-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Twinking's lame. Stop picking on noobs, get 21, and play with the real pvpers.

It is pathetic to even pride yourself for being good at it. It's like thinking you're a tough guy because you dominate 10 year olds at arm wrestling matches.

Lawlz, they are called twinks because the whole practice of it is...well...ghey.

we have our own opinions bro. u cant change others by these lame reasons :P picking on noobs? they chose to join the game. its ffa kill whoever u see lmfao

Blaquehaaart
05-11-2012, 02:16 AM
we have our own opinions bro. u cant change others by these lame reasons :P picking on noobs? they chose to join the game. its ffa kill whoever u see lmfao

Oh, I'm not trying to change anyone. I know people some can't handle endgame, and can only feel good and win only by have a serious advantage.

I just find is hilarious how much you guys try to justify and defend it like it's some leet lvl of play, when really you are just gearing up and picking on people that don't know how to play the game.

It's quite pathetic really.

birdmasta
05-11-2012, 08:11 AM
who said were picking? they join game and want to pvp me and friends. there fault. learn that :)

Ripper McGee
05-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Twinking is a subject that evokes a lot of feeling in almost every game where it's possible. All of the attacks in this thread demonstrate that. Generally speaking, I agree with Blaquehaaart. There isn't any real skill in twinking if you're fighting same or lower level characters. It's basically a way of gearing out lower level alts to provide them with an advantage. In a game like the original EQ it was a way to powerlevel lower level alts in PvE or to win duels, in PvP games it's a way to give you an advantage over those other lower level players that just aren't geared out as well.

Does twinking automatically = win? Not necessarily, but it does give a significant advantage and that's really the point of it. Players may twink out for various other reasons, too, but the primary reason is to give them an advantage. Unfortunately, if twinking is common, then it can tend to overshadow regular PvP. For example, twinking may become so prevalent in certain level ranges that the only players who have any chance to compete have to be twinked and regular players basically avoid PvP. Instead of PvP being fun for everybody it then becomes relegated to a specific subset of players, which is a bad thing, in general.

Is twinking fun? Sure. Who wouldn't want to have their alts maxed out? Is it truly competitive? Only if you play against other players in your "power" range. I really liked how Dungeon Runners handled PvP. Instead of players being matched by level, they were matched by power level calculations based on their gear, skills, attributes, etc... It was entirely possible for a lower level player to outmatch a higher level player. That effectively let players twink out all they wanted, but still allowed matches to be competitive.

birdmasta
05-11-2012, 08:53 AM
ripper i agree with ur view. but pretty soon 7 pvp will only be 7 twinks. many ppl r making one.

Ripper McGee
05-11-2012, 09:46 AM
ripper i agree with ur view. but pretty soon 7 pvp will only be 7 twinks. many ppl r making one.

That's my point and I think the point Blaque was trying to make, too. When it becomes level 7 twinks only it basically ruins it for all the truly new players. That's a problem, from a developer's perspective, because it ostracizes players from a significant aspect of the game.

Blaquehaaart
05-11-2012, 11:13 AM
That's my point and I think the point Blaque was trying to make, too. When it becomes level 7 twinks only it basically ruins it for all the truly new players. That's a problem, from a developer's perspective, because it ostracizes players from a significant aspect of the game.

Yes this is part of my overall point.

Twinking ruins pvp at the lower lvls for everyone other than twinks. It puts the advantage so far greater in the hands of a twink team, that it isn't worth playing unless you're a twink yourself.

Frankly, that's selfish and unsporting especially in a game this early in its stage of development where max level is easily attainable.

Range
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM

Wrong

Yes this is part of my overall point.

Twinking ruins pvp at the lower lvls for everyone other than twinks. It puts the advantage so far greater in the hands of a twink team, that it isn't worth playing unless you're a twink yourself.

Frankly, that's selfish and unsporting especially in a game this early in its stage of development where max level is easily attainable.

And wrong.

Twinking inspires others to beg for builds, remake chars, & to become better pvp players themselves. The players I fight with and against get better every round if they don't rage quit. I'm like a open book in pvp. I answere any questions players throw at me. Health & speed buffs, how to score goals, how to charge the right skills, ect.! Noobs have questions and I teach them everything I know about the lvl bracket and even what i know about end game pvp. Yes some give up ez but the same ones would probably do the same if they were 21 getting owned by u Blaq and many other pro players. No diff.

Tbh I think your anti (low lvl pvp) arguments are a little biast & irrelevant.

Just seems like u have never ran with many twinks on any mmo.

Blaquehaaart
05-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Wrong

And wrong.

Twinking inspires others to beg for builds, remake chars, & to become better pvp players themselves. The players I fight with and against get better every round if they don't rage quit. I'm like a open book in pvp. I answere any questions players throw at me. Health & speed buffs, how to score goals, how to charge the right skills, ect.! Noobs have questions and I teach them everything I know about the lvl bracket and even what i know about end game pvp. Yes some give up ez but the same ones would probably do the same if they were 21 getting owned by u Blaq and many other pro players. No diff.

Tbh I think your anti (low lvl pvp) arguments are a little biast & irrelevant.

Just seems like u have never ran with many twinks on any mmo.

That is such a diluted and warped justification that is only true for the vastly small (like 1%) of the general population that make a twink.

Otherwise, the vast majority of the time it's ruthlessly slaughtering inexperienced players with vastly inferior gear.

Twink authority lawlz! Get to the end game and pwn in pvp then you can have some credibility. There's a huge difference competing in the end game pvp, people generally are much more experienced with their toon, have more abilities to utilize, the gear gap isn't as crazy, and the teams are much more soild.

There's nothing wrong with low lvl pvp, it's good training. What's wrong is the people park their toons at a low lvl with every intention of max specing, gearing, and leaving that toon at that level specifically to wtfpwn, terrorize and grief low lvl inexperienced players so they can make themselves feel dominant...because this is what twinking boils down too.

Lawlz, twinks are for people people that can't handle getting pwnned in the endgame and have to use their superior toon to wtfpwn some innocent noob to make them feel better.

Helping noobs, lawlz, that's like kicking your dog in the ribcage as hard as you can to teach it not to bark.

birdmasta
05-11-2012, 10:33 PM
i help noobs. it gives good karma :)

Apostel
05-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Well - can we end this nonsense discussion and leave all that blaqu guy alone. He is trying to project his view of the game with force to other people.

A solution to end this: just hit the "ignore button" on that guy. Thanks.

Cahaun
05-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Wow this was still going on? Ignore is now our best friend.

Range
05-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Get over it...

Haha missed this one. Nothing to get over , I was simply playing with u cuz u called me noob. idc what u say to me, u disrespect everyone even devs in a almost tolerable way.

Can't lie u are amusing blaq its all good man

rinzler
05-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Hey guys, just a reminder to keep your posts as nice as possible! Thanks!
-Rinzler

aniybo
05-19-2012, 03:26 PM
all blaq is saying is that twinking means u stay along for a long time in a low level to fight people with a lower aspect of the game that is genuinely right. But anyway the game is still new meaning they have an evenly balanced aspect of the game.

YYZ????
06-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Using a Twink has been awesome for me. I have a lower level twink that I decked out with all Pink gear. This has not however provided me with much of a real advantage. I'll be honest and say I totally suck at PVP. With the good gear I can hold my own against toons my level. It has proven to be a great learning experience. Being that I am so bad I don't think I would keep trying if I had 0 kills 100 deaths. With my Twink i have about 1-1 kdr. This keeps me motivated to learn. Some of us are slow learners and need good gear to stay competitive. Having a positive PVP experience is the only way it will grow.

Flowman
06-03-2012, 06:27 PM
LOL @ everyone teaming up on Blaq when in reality he's almost completely right.

You can sit here and say that twink pvp is for "strategy and playing against other twinks" all you want, but you can't honestly tell me that's true. I have a lvl 12 DL pvp account. It's an absolute joke. I think the only deaths I have are from when I kill myself fighting 3 vs 1 with the flag, or when I join a game and people are 3-4 lvls higher than me and tag team me. I've barely even played PVP at this lvl and have waaaaay more kills then deaths. Half of the kids I attack don't even have time to retaliate or even know what hit them because I kill them so fast. Unless you're playing against a team of people your own level with better than average gear and an idea of what they're doing (aka other 'twinks') you're going to run rampant. I mean I have what, 6 skill points at lvl 12? How many can you possibly have at 7? Like 3 points? It comes down entirely to equipment at these levels. Equipment and luck. No DOT skills...no strategy...just luck and gear. Maybe in other games that's different (say SL maybe) but in DL at low levels, if you know what you're doing and the people who you're against don't...it's a bloodbath. Do I feel bad slaughtering noobs? Sure I do, but you don't know these people are bad or new until the game actually starts. I have no idea what level my opponents are until after the game. I'm sure some day people will figure out lvl 12 is a fun lvl to be at, but until then, I'll be fighting regular players just playing the game. Most of them have pmed me asking how I killed them so fast...to which case I say to add my AoC account and ask me questions whenever I'm online. No friends allowed on a pvp account :D

You people jumped on the defensive bandwagon and attacked a kid who was correct, and then it turned into a HUGE flame war. In a game as new as DL, there is no such thing as competitive low lvl PVPing. Once again, it's a matter of who knows what skills to use, who's attacks actually hit, and who has better gear. If you guys want strategic PVP games, go play at the cap.

nz_tonyjin88
06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
I dont actually care of twinkers farming noobs.. But I do care of them messing up the leaderboard.. I mean.. 1st k/d ratio person got over 100:1 last time I checked. This makes impossible for players who have not been twinking and reached lvl 21 to be in top 5 on the list.

I really hope DL figures this one out. Ruins whole purpose of leaderboard. lolz