View Full Version : My issue with Rev(revival)

kellylita
05-09-2012, 09:06 AM
i have some major issues with a mage skill that i feel devs should look into. I am up for different opinions so feel free to post yours, just please keep the hate to a minimum.

My main issue is a mages revival skill. Just by the click of a button, a mage can revive fallen commrades at full health, fresh buffs, fresh skills, and fully armored. This is a huge issue because I feel the revival skill should be used in a more tactical way. Say for instance, reviving teamates at a further distance away from the enemy, or at a corner and away from enemy fire. I find it unfair a mage can revive someone in the midst of battle with no tactics used at all and the revival brings back the person with all the above mentioned attributes. This pretty much makes a team of three tanks(pally, int mages, bears) virtually unstopable and prolongs a long unfair battles.

I think devs should look into this issue. some suggestions are, if you are revived make it so you dont revive with full health(maybe just half, 1/4, or 1hp). OR maybe make it so when you are revived, your buffs are in cool-down. I honestly think, there needs to be more tatics involved when using the revive skill and more penalties issued to the person who is revived. When i asked around about other mmos, i was told that they have penalties for when a individual is revived such as(lower health,prolonged cooldown wait, etc).

Please feel free to post all opinions. Everyones involvment in this is much appreciated. As a mage i like to find ways to make this game more fun and more fair for all classes.

-Imkelly

prouzi
05-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Then it will be easy to farm kills :P

kellylita
05-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Then it will be easy to farm kills :P

Honestly, if a mage uses revival away from the enemy, or uses revival and then starts tanking damage, it wouldnt be easier kills. The whole point is for a mage to decide on a better alternative then reviving in the middle of battle, and instead be more tactical. right now as it is, a mage that is revived can just buff quickly and aoe everyone to death instantly, because that mages will have full buffs. the whole point here isnt easier kills, but more fair battles in which four pallies or int mages cant just run around the map reviving each other all day long.

Im not asking for a huge nerf to the skill, just maybe a small tweak that it is desperately in need of.

JaytB
05-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Actually, when you are resurrected, you'll only have part of your health left, and not full health as you mention here.

It could appear like full health, but that's only achieved after either using a health pot (or 2) or when a mage uses heal right after you got back up on your feet.

Long cooldowns for this spell would really suck IMO. Especially at a hard boss with lots of squishy birds dying left and right. And in your scenario, with some tanks and a pally (str mage), boss battles would take an eternity. On top of that, if you're going only with tanks, who needs a mage for resurrecting anyway LOL :)

kellylita
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I was talking about pvp, not pve. Are you certain that you only get part of your health when you die in pvp and are revived? Pretty sure you get full health. If im right then they need to make reevival like it is in pve for pvp!!

kellylita
05-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Actually, when you are resurrected, you'll only have part of your health left, and not full health as you mention here.

It could appear like full health, but that's only achieved after either using a health pot (or 2) or when a mage uses heal right after you got back up on your feet.

Long cooldowns for this spell would really suck IMO. Especially at a hard boss with lots of squishy birds dying left and right. And in your scenario, with some tanks and a pally (str mage), boss battles would take an eternity. On top of that, if you're going only with tanks, who needs a mage for resurrecting anyway LOL :)

Just tested. In pvp you are revived with full health. In pve you are not revived with full health only like 10percent. this may be an overlooked glitch or devs could have implemented this on purpose. if this is so then who am i to go against a dev decision:( Never have i noticed this tho lol

Seminole
05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Just tested. In pvp you are revived with full health. In pve you are not revived with full health only like 10percent. this may be an overlooked glitch or devs could have implemented this on purpose. if this is so then who am i to go against a dev decision:( Never have i noticed this tho lol

Yes i noticed this other day. I will have to agree with you guys. Revival should be in pvp like it is in pve. maybe glitch?

Gaunab
05-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Speaking of "glitches", when double blast still existed, it was the ultimate rev killer if used at the right time...

Ever since it was removed a group of good mages is nearly unstoppable, due to high armor heals shields and ofc revs. :/

kellylita
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Speaking of "glitches", when double blast still existed, it was the ultimate rev killer if used at the right time...

Ever since it was removed a group of good mages is nearly unstoppable, due to high armor heals shields and ofc revs. :/

Yes i am hoping with this thread, mages will have to use better tatics rather then spamming rev, die, rev when reborn....upon rev .....upon rev.... all battle long. Its just an unpleasant and unskillful way to play, especially in ctf. I hope devs will make pvp revival like it is in pve. or at the very least tweak it slightly so the hardcore mages wont be to upset.

Imsebastiaanl
05-09-2012, 12:22 PM
To be fair, I dont agree with this... When I spawn if someone revives me im dead 1 out of 4 immediatelly, and, if devs make something new for pvp I think it should be something else like a new 3 v 3 CTF map... Sorry:/

But on the other hand your right. I had a 5 v 5 match, I was the only mage, we had a fight, I kept rev my whole team 5 minutes long (until a bear beckoned a bird and he used his combo:/). So, maybe 2/3 of your health in begin? Idk... Of spawn exactly where someone revived you (so it could be in ur enemy's range)??

Elitephonix
05-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Hmmm come to think of it your right kelly. I like the idea that When revived the skills are still on cool down. And wouldn't this go into the suggestion part of the forums?

Cahaun
05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't agree. If you really don't like fighting a group that actually works like a team, then get your own mage to revive you in battle.

Gaunab
05-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't agree. If you really don't like fighting a group that actually works like a team, then get your own mage to revive you in battle.

This thread is not directed against teamwork... duh. It's just the endless revives that don't require much skill at all. If you would be PvPing at endgame you would know how hard it is to get down a group of three Wandmages/Pallies.

lich294
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
unless its ctf / your getting rushed revs dont matter

Walkhardd
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
unless its ctf / your getting rushed revs dont matter

Huh? More detail plz.

@kelly I agree. Ususlly when I get revd, I just shield, bom, and nuke the whole team. Lol

Swimmingstar
05-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Anyone can be a mage. Anyone can have a mage on their team. Anyone can be a good mage. Respawning gives you full health in pvp. Why not rev? Everyone has freedom to unleash the power of mages. Reviving with 1 hp is ridiculous. 1/4 is unfair. 1/2 is reasonable. Even full hp is ok. Why? Because you can still one hit all of these. Or two hit. In the heat of battle you may noticing mages reving. Nerfing rev would make PvE harder, especially harder in Nuris. If you're fast enough, right after someone is revived, you target them and use skills. If it's a tank then you might not kill them but you should be heading to kill mages first if there are many. Mages do a lot of stuff, they heal, they rev, the nuke, they debuff, they buff, but they can't possibly do it all at once. And since they can do so much stuff, they should be a logical first target you try to kill. That's a reason why mages need all this stuff so they can survive.

kellylita
05-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Huh? More detail plz.

@kelly I agree. Ususlly when I get revd, I just shield, bom, and nuke the whole team. Lol

Yes and this is usually what i do as well. sometimes i just waste out enemies buff and die on purpose, so i can be reved with full buffs and ar that time ill just nuke the entire team to death lol

kellylita
05-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone can be a mage. Anyone can have a mage on their team. Anyone can be a good mage. Respawning gives you full health in pvp. Why not rev? Everyone has freedom to unleash the power of mages. Reviving with 1 hp is ridiculous. 1/4 is unfair. 1/2 is reasonable. Even full hp is ok. Why? Because you can still one hit all of these. Or two hit. In the heat of battle you may noticing mages reving. Nerfing rev would make PvE harder, especially harder in Nuris. If you're fast enough, right after someone is revived, you target them and use skills. If it's a tank then you might not kill them but you should be heading to kill mages first if there are many. Mages do a lot of stuff, they heal, they rev, the nuke, they debuff, they buff, but they can't possibly do it all at once. And since they can do so much stuff, they should be a logical first target you try to kill. That's a reason why mages need all this stuff so they can survive.
good points, but if anyone can be a mage, and anyone can be a good mage, then dont you think its time to make it a little more skillful and tactical for mages in the heat of battle?

XghostzX
05-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Good idea Kell, I think that everyone in PvP that is revived should have half of their health back. I also liked your other idea -> mages get half health, birds 3/4 of health, bears 1/4, would be neat. Only problem is that birds with Str gears would be invincible with a revive if it was like this... just suggesting some ideas.

Livemau
05-09-2012, 05:28 PM
how bout this for a rev to work a mage must stay within rev range for 5 seconds after the skill is used. When they player gets up they are at full health full mana

Everyone'sFavMage
05-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Ok what about this... Say someone dies in mid battle perhaps a bird who just used buffs and did a combo, when he is revived his buffs and and other skills are on cool down say since a birds buffs last 30 seconds if he buffed and died then was revived 10 seconds later his buffs would have to cool down 20 seconds more just like if he had stayed alive except it would have the affect of being alive it would make him unbuffed until his buffs came back after cool down

Swimmingstar
05-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I found out accept revive button disappears after awhile.

Otukura
05-09-2012, 08:16 PM
I found out accept revive button disappears after awhile.

It disappears when the buff wears off.

Cahaun
05-09-2012, 08:56 PM

This thread is not directed against teamwork... duh. It's just the endless revives that don't require much skill at all. If you would be PvPing at endgame you would know how hard it is to get down a group of three Wandmages/Pallies.
I'm not saying it's against teamwork, and I know perfectly well what this thread is wanting.

P.s. None of the skills require much skill. All a bear has to do is beckon/stomp and birds Blastshot/Repulse after after doing a scream. From what I'm reading from that, those three mages are actually putting some strategy in their revives.