PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Mother's Day Bouquet - Support Breast Cancer Research!

Samhayne
05-10-2012, 09:12 AM

We have introduced a special off-hand vanity item for this Mother's Day Weekend: a beautiful bouquet of pink flowers. While you wear it, you will gain a smashing 4.5X damage bonus! Plus, you'll feel great inside knowing that 50% of sales go to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation's (http://www.bcrfcure.org/) mission to achieve breast cancer prevention and a cure in our lifetime.

The damage bonus only lasts during this weekend - but you will keep the bouquet to show off.

Don't wait! You can only get this bouquet from now through mid-day Monday, May 14th.

Ixillicus
05-10-2012, 12:15 PM

We have introduced a special off-hand vanity item for this Mother's Day Weekend: a beautiful bouquet of pink flowers. While you wear it, you will gain a smashing 4.5X damage bonus! Plus, you'll feel great inside knowing that 50% of sales go to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (http://www.bcrfcure.org/) mission to achieve breast cancer prevention and a cure in our lifetime.

The damage bonus only lasts during this weekend - but you will keep the bouquet to show off.

Don't wait! You can only get this bouquet from now through mid-day Monday, May 14th.

Love the item and the idea.

The bonus is also being applied in pvp. I think that will cause problems :(

Beanmachine
05-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Is this effect supposed to work in PvP? Or is it a glitch?

Walkhardd
05-10-2012, 12:18 PM
We better get a big screen t.v pet for fathers day.

octavos
05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I supported in both PL and SL...wuv it :D
"Ill advertise in game...this a wonderful cause...thz devs"

Bekalyn
05-10-2012, 12:24 PM
We better get a big screen t.v pet for fathers day.

LOL - this just made me laugh :) thank you!!

Abaron Yo-Si
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
You guys ruined this game when you apllied that **** damage bounus into pvp, only cash whores now will own in pvp for 3 days, i thought you guys are smarter than that.

Hankomachos
05-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Lulz at debby downer ^

Sweet, ima get it :D

Lightningspeed
05-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Also, for 2h weapons such as bows and staffs, the effect is applied as long as it is equipped in the vanity section, and flowers will bloom from your character =P

Walkhardd
05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
You guys ruined this game when you apllied that **** damage bounus into pvp, only cash whores now will own in pvp for 3 days, i thought you guys are smarter than that.

It will be ok. Turn the game off, take some deep breaths, and count to ten.....yw

Samhayne
05-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Hi Abaron,

We can understand your feelings. We don't like it when we make mistakes either. However, we are human and they do happen. We'd appreciate it if you posted in a friendly manner, whether it's talking about Spacetime or about other posters. If you can't manage that, then we'll remove your posts.

Thanks!

octavos
05-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I would like to add to Sams post

Our apologies that the 4.5X damage bonus of the Mother's Day Bouquet is working in PvP. Since the buff is tied to an item and not an elixir, it works - just like set bonuses work in PvP. The team is looking into a way to circumvent that and limit the Bouquet's effect only to PvE. Thanks in advance for your understanding while we work on it.

Unacel
05-10-2012, 12:56 PM
does it stack with elixirs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Popular
05-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Aw pretty pretty

Siejo
05-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Sam thank you so much for this! I hope we can work something out for my 2nd annual BCA event in October. If not I understand but this really made my day today. ^_^

Alienvet
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Plz off this vanity on pvp we cant play!:(( i always die omg

topskillz
05-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Take the buff out of pvp please of you don't own the shield its no fun, your killed instantly :/

CrimsonTider
05-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I haven't posted in forever (yes, I am a lurker!! lol), but this is the BEST idea STS has had in a long time. I would like to think Siejo had a great deal of input on this considering he couldn't get something worked out for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So a great deal of thanks goes out for STS and Siejo.

Samhayne
05-10-2012, 01:53 PM
The team is testing a fix to the bouquet buff working in PvP now. Hopefully all goes well with it and the fix can be patched out this evening.

Alienvet
05-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Ty admin and then we can play normally :) <3

Techno Email
05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Oooh! That's a pretty great idea. :D

Swimmingstar
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Nice!

Lamah
05-10-2012, 03:04 PM
This was a great idea, I bought it just to donate but I do have to say the 4.5 damage is AWESOME!!
Just a thought though maybe after mothers day those who bought it still get like 2.5x damage for being awesome and donating =-D

Swampy
05-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Aww I don't have plat or iTunes money. :(

Samhayne
05-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks all for your support! We're really looking forward to a good donation to the BCRF!

Siejo
05-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks all for your support! We're really looking forward to a good donation to the BCRF!

I bought 5 of them. Words cannot express my appreciation for this. Come on folks it's for a good cause! ^_^

Sryyoulose
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Gr8 idea guys :)

Piosidon
05-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Super Mom Charity Bouquet aka Ultimate rusher tool :)

LwMark
05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Nice vanity
Nice cause
Nicely done wen equipd with items
I love how no matter what wep equipd it stil has flowers
Nice u gave us damage
And thx to tapjoy
I sat done for 30 mins and got 25 free plats
Love it

Lamah
05-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Nice vanity
Nice cause
Nicely done wen equipd with items
I love how no matter what wep equipd it stil has flowers
Nice u gave us damage
And thx to tapjoy
I sat done for 30 mins and got 25 free plats
Love it

I also used 25 of my 26 plat I got doing the tapjoy deals, was waiting for a cool vanity to come around to spend it and this popped up and I had to.
It's for an excellent cause.

Livemau
05-10-2012, 05:19 PM
whats not a good cause is my KDR being destroyed

Techno Email
05-10-2012, 05:27 PM
You can use a regular or multi elixir on top of the bouquet and get all the XP, Armor and Speed buffs. Your damage stat will remain at 4.5x, which is higher than any elixir you can buy. So, damage stats will not go any higher than 4.5x.

Abaron Yo-Si
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
jaaaa

Siejo
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
I haven't posted in forever (yes, I am a lurker!! lol), but this is the BEST idea STS has had in a long time. I would like to think Siejo had a great deal of input on this considering he couldn't get something worked out for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So a great deal of thanks goes out for STS and Siejo.

Thanks to you as well. This is all part of your teamwork as well and I really look forward to kicking of this year's event with you.

Luvaria
05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Awesome I'm gonna go level my twink and so some pwning lol...

LwMark
05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
If it ruins yur kdr..y fight..if u know it will effect yu

dingermtb
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Got mine to support a good cause...damage bonus is only an extra plus.

Sent from my FusedEvil-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Mothwing
05-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I personally like the PVP glitch P:

Everyone'sFavMage
05-11-2012, 02:12 AM
It's pretty darn fun in pvp :/

Stompy
05-11-2012, 09:47 AM

We have introduced a special off-hand vanity item for this Mother's Day Weekend: a beautiful bouquet of pink flowers. While you wear it, you will gain a smashing 4.5X damage bonus! Plus, you'll feel great inside knowing that 50% of sales go to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (http://www.bcrfcure.org/) mission to achieve breast cancer prevention and a cure in our lifetime.

Wow! That is an amazing idea, since this has never happened on Pocket Legends before? Good Job there STS! :D

Samhayne
05-11-2012, 12:20 PM
We've changed up the bouquet so that the damage bonus is not applied in PvP areas. Patch Notes at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?57726-1-7-6-Content-Update-(88200)

byserk
05-14-2012, 02:35 AM

Indeed last BCA Month it was the pink cowbow hat. So I'm wearing them both!! So also for me thank u STS and Siejo!! (maybe next time a pink viking helmet, so I can replace my purple one, lol)

Grtz to all!

byserk
05-14-2012, 02:37 AM
I bought 5 of them. Words cannot express my appreciation for this. Come on folks it's for a good cause! ^_^

That is the spirit!!

Chopper
05-14-2012, 11:35 AM

Yes, good cause. But, um, wouldn't it be more efficient after the first one to just donate that money to the Charity directly? :)

Siejo
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
I did that too. I donated $100 on behalf of my guild ;)

Mothwing
05-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Im sad its over. It was a fun and supportive weekend. Side note: I think the flowers should still show up (the floating ones) even though the event is over. Im wearing them on my bird (with a bow) and the flowers dont "bloom" as if i had them.

Lamah
05-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Im sad its over. It was a fun and supportive weekend. Side note: I think the flowers should still show up (the floating ones) even though the event is over. Im wearing them on my bird (with a bow) and the flowers dont "bloom" as if i had them.

Hmm that'a odd mine still do just like they did when I bough them

n00b13st
05-21-2012, 04:12 PM
This is a decent idea with a great cause. I would gently submit however that the execution and follow through could have been better.

It is a very important cause - couldn't you have advertised it more in advance? We have been playing DL and basically nothing else since it launched and rarely visiting the forums - so we didn't see this was coming and lost the chance to support the cause through your games.
Couldn't you have had it in all three games? That would certainly have gotten our attention and even without following the forums we'd have gone looking for it in PL and SL - we'd have bought them in every game, at least for our mains, so that would have been at least six of them.
Even having missed out on the damage buff - did you have to pull the item? Is breast cancer research something that should only be available to support for a few days, one time only don't blink or you'll miss it?

I don't normally support causes through retail establishments - I donate directly because I don't want Safeway and QFC taking credit for giving my money to the cause. However in the case of STS games, and slightly due to the fact I'd get a vanity as a souvenir, I'm willing to give money to causes I care about through you.

So for the future I implore you - announce it further in advance, do it in all games and don't pull special cause vanities from being sold, please!

One further question that's more about how much STS supports the cause(s) themselves and without knowing what your overhead expense/margin levels are - is giving only 50% of sales to the cause a fair amount? Dedicated charities make it a serious point to have 100% of proceeds after expenses go to the cause and to keep those expenses low so the cause gets as much as possible. Is breast cancer a cause or a profit opportunity? Not making an accusation either way - I don't know your books - just asking.

Thank you for your time.

byserk
05-22-2012, 04:40 AM

Hi Moth,

They never showed on two-handed weapons. Only one handed.

Cya later