PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Mother's Day Bouquet - Support Breast Cancer Research!

Samhayne
05-10-2012, 09:13 AM

We have introduced a special off-hand vanity item for this Mother's Day Weekend: a beautiful bouquet of pink flowers. While you wear it, you will gain a smashing 4.5X damage bonus! Plus, you'll feel great inside knowing that 50% of sales go to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation's (http://www.bcrfcure.org/) mission to achieve breast cancer prevention and a cure in our lifetime.

The damage bonus only lasts during this weekend - but you will keep the bouquet to show off.

Don't wait! You can only get this bouquet from now through mid-day Monday, May 14th.

octavos
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
ill post here too, just because I play more SL

I supported in both PL and SL...wuv it :D
"Ill advertise in game...this a wonderful cause...thz devs"

Staryknight
05-10-2012, 12:36 PM
It appears as if the bonus also applies to PvP. I really hope that this is a glitch and it will be patched shortly. If it is not then as a plat buyer I am deeply offended and will not be buying any. You simply can not give a 4.5x bonus in PvP. This is vastly unfair to everyone in the community.

If this bonus is working as intended it will do nothing but ruin an entire weekend of PvP. I have no desire to fight anyone when I have a 4.5x damage advantage. It simply wouldn't be any fun. I also won't enter a public game without wearing a bouquet because I'm sure I will be rushed.

I would like to emphasize that I am raising these objections as a plat buyer who would buy a bouquet if the bonus was only applied to PvE. Even for just 1 weekend 4.5X is too large of an advantage. If this bonus must carry over than it needs to be set around 10%.

For now I will give STS the benefit of the doubt and assume this is an honest mistake. Bonuses have never carried over into PvP before. Hopefully there will be a patch coming soon. In the mean time an explanation from a dev would be greatly appreciated. Is this working as intended or not?

Edit: Nevermind :) Sam posted in another thread that this is a bug and they are working on a fix. I'm glad, its a cool looking vanity with part of the profits going to a great cause. Now I can buy some and enjoy the damage bonus while leveling some more alts. ^^

octavos
05-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Our apologies that the 4.5X damage bonus of the Mother's Day Bouquet is working in PvP. Since the buff is tied to an item and not an elixir, it works - just like set bonuses work in PvP. The team is looking into a way to circumvent that and limit the Bouquet's effect only to PvE. Thanks in advance for your understanding while we work on it.

YW :p

Popular
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
love the idea for supporting cancer research foundation :D

but.. its working in pvp

tearacan
05-11-2012, 03:18 AM
sweet, flower power!

Will there be an announcement at the end on how much we all raised for the The Breast Cancer Research Foundation?

flashbackflip
05-11-2012, 08:34 AM
sorry, i don't trust all and any medical or pharmatheuticals 'researchers' as i positively assured by several russian academics that lots of cures for many illnesses (including cancer) is found long ago, but not distributed as it interferes with the global course of the 'Golden Billion' anty-human project which is actively going on (look at modern wars, gene modified products, smoking and alcohol distribution and advertising and so on)

no offence... just stating my point of view

thanx STS for making more vanities

P.S.
if u r interested in those cures u'd be surprised to know that key element is water and its correct consumtion..

Dragonrider023
05-11-2012, 09:08 AM
WOW great Idea!

Rittik
05-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks STS for doing this :) i told all my friends ( of course who plays SL) to buy plats and Buy the Vanity!! i <3 my MoM!! and i am happy to feel that even a lil portion of my money is being donated for Breast Cancer Foundation!
Thanks Spacetime Studios!

-Rik(Rittik)

Samhayne
05-11-2012, 12:21 PM
We've updated the bouquet so it no longer applies its damage bonus to PvP settings. Patch Notes at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?57725-1-1-2-Content-Update-(88209)

tearacan
05-14-2012, 03:53 AM
Is it me or was this the worst mothers gift ever? 4.5x dmg, also dmg's urself 4.5x on grenade impact...