PDA

View Full Version : Solo as a Warrior Class - It's possible

Hatchet
04-18-2010, 02:07 PM
For those of you that say the warrior class is weak and can't solo. At level 16, I have managed to solo the entire first level of the Dark Forest campaign using nothing but an iron claymore two handed sword, stomp, and about 8-10 health potions.

At level 16, was my first attempt to solo the Dark Forest campaign. While not exactly easy, it can be done. I approach and kill them one at a time, and soon as I get surrounded by more than one, I used stomp before they can do any damage. The trick is to not let yourself get surrounded by too many at once. When I start to take on damage, I use health potions. Who needs a healer when you got health potions?

Plus, I have no problem staying alive. Currently, I now have 1549 kills and 9 deaths at level 19. I still solo from time to time in the Forest Haven and Dark Forest campaign, but now that I have Iron Blood, it is a bit easier. Adding Rage when encountering the bosses, makes it possible to solo as well.

Leyeh88
04-18-2010, 02:13 PM
why are u still in dark forest when u are level 19? and gain no xp.

and why waste so much time solo-ing when the other classes are breezing thru it?

I rather take it on with a party. thats what mmorpg is all abt.

just my 2 cents

Hatchet
04-18-2010, 02:24 PM
My point is that I don't think the warrior class is as weak as some say they are. I have read in other posts that you can't solo as a warrior class. I don't find that to be true, I managed.

If I enter a campaign, and I'm the only one there, I will solo. I don't chose to exit or wait for someone else to join the campaign. If someone else enters later, I welcome them.

I'm playing mostly the Balefort Castle campaign at the moment........ and enjoying my warrior class.

Ihealudps
04-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Wait til you hit the crypts and lost expedition. My warrior can easily soli the first three using a dagger. In crypts and expedition you will get destroyed solo. Unless you plan on spending thousands and thousands on health pots every mission, solo warrior is not the way to go. Sorry

Hatchet
04-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah, the crypts and lost expedition. It's true for any class.

I'm not saying to play your warrior class as a solo warrior. Since I managed to solo in some areas and even entire levels, I'm just saying, I don't think the warrior class is as weak as some say they are.

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah, the crypts and lost expedition. It's true for any class.

I'm not saying to play your warrior class as a solo warrior. Since I managed to solo in some areas and even entire levels, I'm just saying, I don't think the warrior class is as weak as some say they are.

The warrior class is definitely as weak as some say they are. If you have a lot of pots you can easily stay alive but this isn't true for all people (4253 kills, 15 deaths). One of the main problems I find with the warrior class is the ability to hold aggro.

Synozeer
04-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Bears start off with 50 more health than birds do. Make a dex warrior - use daggers for group adventuring, bows when soloing and kite your way. You'll certainly have to use some pots, but no more than a bird archer.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1001/img0235.png

(yes, this is him fully buffed with Evade, Iron Blood, and Rage) ;)

Splurd
04-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Bears start off with 50 more health than birds do. Make a dex warrior - use daggers for group adventuring, bows when soloing and kite your way. You'll certainly have to use some pots, but no more than a bird archer.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1001/img0235.png

(yes, this is him fully buffed with Evade, Iron Blood, and Rage) ;)

Curiosity: Why 16 int?

Synozeer
04-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I increased my INT until my mana regen went up to 1 (16 is the magic number for bears), then I stopped. As a result, now I get some natural regen, some more mana points, and my damage even went up (INT does increase damage).

helmethead
04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I've got a question too, why 51 strength as well? some sort of magic number?

IcyChaos
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM
I've got a question too, why 51 strength as well? some sort of magic number?

While I am not the author of this thread. I figure the STR number was chosen as the minimum STR required to equip the gear he is using.

Synozeer
04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
I put points into DEX to get the minimum needed to use level 30 equipment, points into INT to get the minimum needed for +1 Mana Regen, and then dumped the rest into STR for more Health and Health Regen (I was expecting STR to have more an effect on damage with the latest changes but that's not the case).

All my equipment is DEX based:

Jeweled Thief's Thin Dagger (pink)
Wing Shield of Legends (pink)
Assassin's Frosty Leathers (green)
Burglar's Penguin Snowcap (yellow)

With the latest Warrior and weapon tweaks, I think the best build is with more typical warrior weapons and a STR build, but I expect weapon speeds to be tweaked some more. Doesn't make sense to have crossbows, swords, scimitars, 2-h swords, all faster than daggers.

Hurs
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
It's not that hard to one man Lost Expedition with a Warrior x.x Two is more fun though.

Azrael
04-22-2010, 04:45 AM
I increased my INT until my mana regen went up to 1 (16 is the magic number for bears), then I stopped. As a result, now I get some natural regen, some more mana points, and my damage even went up (INT does increase damage).

i may do that next map pack, 0 mana regen is rough!