PDA

View Full Version : So ur opinion....

Rauekat
05-11-2012, 11:04 AM
So i have a lvl 55 bear and I don't know if i should go strength or dexterity. Could u guys give me some pros and cons of each and if my role would change as a lead taking bear?

Noelx
05-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Pure strength

Pros: good for tanking, strong, high hp, good for grouping

Cons: No long range attacks, its all close combat

Pure dex

Pros: Long range attacks, High damage

Cons: Much weaker(less hp) and more chance of scattering mobs, cant tank as well

hope it helped lol

Zamu
05-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Both have pros and cons like Noelx has stated. If you want to be a good bear in a group then pure str is highly advisable, it allows you to pull the mobs together and then the mages and birds can destroy them quickly, you wont be as weak as you would as a dex bear.

If you are a solo-ist or you dont like tanking (Use a different class :P) then go as dex bear, Experiment with both and see which you like :)

TANKKAAR
05-11-2012, 12:49 PM
LMFAO.... Sorry but I implore you never go pure strength.... EVER!

If you want some great advice on bears check out these guides.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45323-Int-Bear-Guide
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20759-Level-55-Warrior-Gear-List&highlight=gear+list
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22198-Bow-Bear-Guide

And there is plenty more on Ursan class If you go here and scroll to section 8

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20352-Guides-Indexes-Helpsheets-amp-all-other-wonderful-stuff-in-one-place

Hope this helps

Sky../
05-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Pure strength con: attacks and skills (including beckon) misses much more often

I disagree with dex bear scattering mobs more. They can be as effective as pure strength in corraling the mob, maybe even better since your beckon hardly misses and you pull more enemies.

I also think that the part about dex bears being "much weaker (less hp)" is slightly exaggerated. If you put in like 150 dex instead of strength, that's only about 75hp. Not really that much weaker.

Swampy
05-11-2012, 11:06 PM
If you want to solo, be a tank bear with 120 str for a fortified/fury set and the rest dex. You'll have a decent hit % of around 90. If you want to solo with a bow, you'll probably die a lot from mobs.

Then move to int bear.

kiitz
05-14-2012, 03:28 PM
As Tankkaar said, full strength is NEVER a good option. Pure strength is NOT a good option. EVER. If you insist on wearing strength gear, put just enough strength to put on strength gear and the rest in Dex. You need hit% to land your skills. Pure strength is not good for grouping because it has low hit%, abysmally low actually.

Also, the above posters are forgetting about a little thing called "AGGRO" which determines which character the mobs attack. If the bear has low attack, low hit and doesn't do much damage, the mobs won't attack the bear, so even if you CAN take a lot of hits with all your health and dodge and armor, the monsters will be focused on killing the bird or mage that is actually getting their attention.

If you are new lvl 65 bear, go 150 strength, rest in dex. Wear strength gear when you are facing difficult mobs or find you are dying a lot. As you get better at rotating your defensive cooldowns, chaining together your stuns and knowing which enemies hit hard so you know when to spam pots, then you can slowly switch to dex gear. As you play more, you will notice that some of the best "tanking" bears don't ever really do all that much "tanking" in terms of taking hits. They group and stun with beckon, stun with stomp and then mini stun with hellscream. When you time them correctly, you can get a few seconds of stuns on the entire group of mobs, which is more than enough for a decent group burn them all down.

At some point you will realize you don't want anymore strength at all. The difference as stated above is only about 75 HP and a few points in armor and dodge. Then you can give int/dex a shot. Its about knowing how to survive well enough so you can focus on offense, which not only helps kill the mobs more quickly, but you also generate more aggro which will keep the boss or mobs off your teammates and on you.

Rauekat
05-17-2012, 09:30 AM
ok well he is 65 now and sjould i stay dex with lbow or dagger? OR should i use orloks? Please give me some reasons and why?