PDA

View Full Version : Making Signatures...for FREE

Flowman
05-11-2012, 08:17 PM
But there's a catch. I am making signatures for free, it's true. I am making them for anyone. No one get's special treatment, no one get's faster results. But like I said, there is a catch.

I will only make signatures if the requests intrigue me. I will make signatures if I am allowed artistic freedom. I will make signatures that challenge me, but not to the point that the final product will suffer and look forced.

There is no limit to what you can ask me to do. I will also do things for outside of this forum if you need bigger sizes. However, there are some things I will ignore and not do:

- a stock photo with a name on it.
- a bunch of pictures smashed together in a cluster of artistic vomit.
- a request with a render, a stock, a color, and font, and a style.
- something with horribly clashing colors
- "outer space nebula signatures" (not saying I won't use space designs, but I will not use just a nebula)
- anything that I do not think will look good as a finished product.

Those are vague guidelines. I am not glorifying myself as a fantastic signature artist, in fact I am quite out of practice and am doing these for free because I haven't worked with signature techniques in months now. I am putting these guidelines out because I see lots of signature artists these days who just kind of throw things together in 20 minutes. My signatures take hours, sometimes days (mostly in part because I'm slow lol :p).

Again, don't take this as me being conceited. I know I am good, but I know there are people who are lightyears better than me.

Make a request, if I like it, I'll begin working on it in my free time. Do not ask me when it will be finished or how it's going...I'll let you know. My past clients know that I am very vocal when I'm working on a project. If you post a request and I ignore it or tell you to try again, please feel free to do so, but please also wait at least a day if other people are showing interest. Thanks!

Let's get started.

Flowman
05-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Please also give me SOME direction. Even just 1 thing, like a theme, or a color scheme. I will gladly make it up from scratch, but don't be upset if you don't like it in the end :p

Reserved for uploads.

Examples of my work...within the tiny sts sig limits :(

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg835/scaled.php?server=835&filename=hitmansig.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg856/scaled.php?server=856&filename=bodn.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg829/scaled.php?server=829&filename=snippetm.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg52/scaled.php?server=52&filename=delphsig2.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg441/scaled.php?server=441&filename=silentfinalmix.jpg&res=landing

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/231/pearsigbright2copy.jpg

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/551/lowly.png

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?u=62120&type=sigpic&dateline=1320226922

xfrzen
05-11-2012, 09:57 PM
My name in game is FrzenDeath. Colors black red and blue, other then that do as you like just wishing ice death and bloodis all I need in it
How is up to you. I'd love a surprise.

Flowman
05-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I have an idea in mind. Give me a few hours to plan it out and I'll let you know if I can make it happen

Lowlyspy
05-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Hehe here's a challenge for ya Flow. Kirby (from the video game) in the Michael Jackson smooth criminal white suit. Everything else you have complete freedom with ^_^

PL Playa
05-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Name is ubernova colors hopefully just darker, and with explosions :D

Cahaun
05-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Dang it I frogot what I wanted last year... :rolleyes:

Flowman
05-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Lowly - I'm not much of a drawer, so if I were to do this I'd use renders and mash them up...but I'll consider it. I have an awesome idea for this, but I don't think I'd be able to draw it. Would look awesome as a pixelated MS paint signature. (Old school sig artists will know what I mean.)

PL Playa - Not really something I'd do, Explosions themselves are too vague to be a main theme. Maybe if I were Michael Bay...maybe. Try to think of something more specific...without getting too specific.

Cahaun - My thread from last year should still be on the forums. I want to say it was something with a spider?

Flowman
05-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Hehe here's a challenge for ya Flow. Kirby (from the video game) in the Michael Jackson smooth criminal white suit. Everything else you have complete freedom with ^_^

check this idea, it came to me right away:

Background: Jack the Ripper era city streets...jack the ripper themed setting. Foggy, narrow alley, but the although the alleyway get brighter as you move back further into the background, it also gets a litte clearer. Tall buildings on either side of the alley, but at the focal point near the end, the skyline in just barely visible. The left side wall extends all the way to the back of the sig. The right side wall stops a little before, allowing the skyline to continue to the right, as well as the street where the alley would intersect, showing that you can make a right hand turn here.

Foreground: Some form of crime...bloody dagger and an outstretched hand...a body...doesn't matter, just has to be a crime.

Main focal: Your white suited MJ Kirby, slightly ducking around that right turn, but not enough to hide the eyes, with the eyes darting towards the viewer with a menacing, yet vivid stare. The kind of stare that says "what're you going to do about it." Kirby would have a cape, though not part of the original outfit, the cape would be used to show movement, as the character is meant to be escaping around the corner.

If you can picture that in your head, then my work is done. If anyone (cough Redryder cough) with artistic ability in freehand drawing and pixel drawing would like to collab with me on this, feel free to sketch it out and we'll go from there.

PS - this is the kind of thinking I put in to every signature people :D

ArtStar
05-12-2012, 01:11 AM

Otukura
05-12-2012, 01:14 AM

A thanks for every time you post that.

Lowlyspy
05-12-2012, 01:40 AM
check this idea, it came to me right away:

Background: Jack the Ripper era city streets...jack the ripper themed setting. Foggy, narrow alley, but the although the alleyway get brighter as you move back further into the background, it also gets a litte clearer. Tall buildings on either side of the alley, but at the focal point near the end, the skyline in just barely visible. The left side wall extends all the way to the back of the sig. The right side wall stops a little before, allowing the skyline to continue to the right, as well as the street where the alley would intersect, showing that you can make a right hand turn here.

Foreground: Some form of crime...bloody dagger and an outstretched hand...a body...doesn't matter, just has to be a crime.

Main focal: Your white suited MJ Kirby, slightly ducking around that right turn, but not enough to hide the eyes, with the eyes darting towards the viewer with a menacing, yet vivid stare. The kind of stare that says "what're you going to do about it." Kirby would have a cape, though not part of the original outfit, the cape would be used to show movement, as the character is meant to be escaping around the corner.

If you can picture that in your head, then my work is done. If anyone (cough Redryder cough) with artistic ability in freehand drawing and pixel drawing would like to collab with me on this, feel free to sketch it out and we'll go from there.

PS - this is the kind of thinking I put in to every signature people :D
Hmm, interesting. Go for it bud ;)

ArtStar
05-12-2012, 01:53 AM
A thanks for every time you post that.

Yeahh it is my sentiments exactly on both of these threads.
Not very nice to mess with a long time business, this early in the DL forums.
Ha ha it is okay though I like the competition, and we all have different flavors of signatures.
So all of us should be getting business still I'm sure.

Otukura
05-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Ha ha it is okay though I like the competition, and we all have different flavors of signatures.

idk what about it, but I just love the colors+expression on that guy's face!

Mrsberry
05-12-2012, 02:31 AM
0.o

Lowlyspy
05-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Ladies, Flow is an oooold friend and he is good at what he does, as are the both of you. There is no reason to put him down simply because he acknowledges his own skill at sigs, that's like badmouthing people who say "yeah i'm decent at pvp" when they really are good at pvp.

I can assure you with the utmost confidence that Flow, in no way, meant to disrespect the two of you. He simply gave people a bit more variety to chose from when having someone make a sig for them. Let's all let bygons be bygons and be friends here ^_^

xfrzen
05-12-2012, 03:05 AM
Can't wait man

Mrsberry
05-12-2012, 03:28 AM
0.o

ArtStar
05-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Ladies, Flow is an oooold friend and he is good at what he does, as are the both of you. There is no reason to put him down simply because he acknowledges his own skill at sigs, that's like badmouthing people who say "yeah i'm decent at pvp" when they really are good at pvp.

I can assure you with the utmost confidence that Flow, in no way, meant to disrespect the two of you. He simply gave people a bit more variety to chose from when having someone make a sig for them. Let's all let bygons be bygons and be friends here ^_^

No one is badmouthing anyone.
Calm down Lowl, let's not make it sound like something that it's not.

There is nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.

idk what about it, but I just love the colors+expression on that guy's face!

I know right? Mrsberry did a really good job on making this signature.

Flowman
05-12-2012, 06:54 AM

I've been making signatures here since the SL Beta days.

ArtStar
05-12-2012, 07:06 AM
I've been making signatures here since the SL Beta days.

I know this. I was there, I've seen your old thread and all your work and it was great.
Just forget it I don't wanna sound like a brat or anything lol.
Lowl's post just got me flustered talking to us like we are lil kiddies.

Flowman
05-12-2012, 07:21 AM
I know this. I was there, I've seen your old thread and all your work and it was great.

"More of a variety" ?
ha ha with the signature limits STS has on our signatures there isn't a whole lot more that you can do than us.

I never mentioned any names when I said "some sig artists throw together work in 20 minutes" so if you all took offense to that, those are your insecurities, not mine.
I'm just saying that anyone can follow a tutorial on PSDtuts or throw text on a page over a image...I spend a lot of time on my work...ask Silentarrow and Lowly...I think they waited like 2 weeks for their sigs.

As for variety....yeah, I've got that. Some of these are stemmed off tutorials, some are done completely out of the depths of my mind.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg835/scaled.php?server=835&filename=hitmansig.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg856/scaled.php?server=856&filename=bodn.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg829/scaled.php?server=829&filename=snippetm.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg52/scaled.php?server=52&filename=delphsig2.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg441/scaled.php?server=441&filename=silentfinalmix.jpg&res=landing

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/231/pearsigbright2copy.jpg

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/551/lowly.png

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?u=62120&type=sigpic&dateline=1320226922

Flowman
05-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Hate to double post (not really) but I almost forget my best sig yet....the masterpiece I made for Theseus.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2512/theseus.jpg

Took me like 30 minutes to convince him this wasn't the real sig....oh lordy lord.

Mrsberry
05-12-2012, 08:23 AM
0.o

Ashuri
05-12-2012, 08:36 AM
I have a request... um I'm not sure you'll like this idea but how about classic fairytales with a creepy/ gothic spin to it as a theme?

ArtStar
05-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Backing off<3

Sorry flow. Like I said in the PM I totally didn't realize who you were till after you replied, and that it was mostly Lowl's comment that got me flustered. Give your sister my love<3

But still:
;]

Flowman
05-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I have a request... um I'm not sure you'll like this idea but how about classic fairytales with a creepy/ gothic spin to it as a theme?

I have an idea for this.
After I finish the first request, I'll do some searching/sketching. If I can make it work,I'll do it.

Mrsberry - lol you need to relax girl, you're taking every thing I say as a personal attack. You're right, 2 weeks was because I was kind of lazy. But I was also a full time college student working a part time job...which then transitioned into a college graduate with a full time job. I spend time searching for the right background...or even making my own backgrounds. Searching for the right render(s). Finding the right font that fits. Then I do a paper prototype. Then I rearrange. Then I do a final sketch. Then I start placing things in photoshop. Then I spend a few hours in photoshop. My signature I did for Snippet...I had 3 "failed" signatures that I actually uploaded when I posted the original post months ago. Just showing people it's not all done in 1 go. Just relax, I never attacked you and I never will.

Art - cheers love <3. No hard feelings, I get very upset when people attack my work, so I know how you felt. I'll never attack people who put time into their work. As long as they're happy with it and the effort shows, it's art(Star). See what I did there?

edit:

I'm stealing that Come At Me Pwnie lol

ArtStar
05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Art - cheers love <3. No hard feelings, I get very upset when people attack my work, so I know how you felt. I'll never attack people who put time into their work. As long as they're happy with it and the effort shows, it's art(Star). See what I did there?

Ha ha no worries then my bad, maybe you can teach me a thing or two sometime like Kahlua wanted!

By the way, about mine and Mrsberry's signatures we have equipped. In case you were wondering, lol no we aren't advertising each others shops because of you. We had been planning this for a couple days now, because of Mitch's competition people thought we didn't like each other. So we wanted to show that we are in fact friends and aren't competing.

Mrsberry
05-12-2012, 09:00 AM
K is cool my first impression was that u were attacking my work and arts work I see now I missunderstood.
Btw your sigs kick ars! :P

ArtStar
05-12-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm stealing that Come At Me Pwnie lol

lololol isn't it sad that, in the midst of all this, I was so excited to use that?
I'm a dork >.<

Flowman
05-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Lol I didn't even think anything of it, I'm making sigs for practice because honestly...I missed doing them.
It's the reason for all my guidelines and all my nonsense...I know what I'm capable of doing and I like challenges. I don't want to pump out name sigs because I already know I can do that. If these 2 requests I get are the only ones...so be it, I have 2 great ideas for them and I'm excited to see what I can come up with...or if I break my macbook or not...heh.

As for pointers, if you have any questions or want to do a collaborative effort on a sig (as in you do the main stuff and I do the font and dont details, or vise versa, or whatever...) hit me up. I'd love to work with you.

Aculeas
05-12-2012, 09:31 AM
You must be kahlua's infamous brother I have heard so much about back now that finals are over?

Anyways I have a request.

My color scheme is- red (prefer thick and dark bloody tones), black, and bone (and or grittier shades of each)

My theme is- Carnage, Body Parts, and my little pony. (pinky pie would be great!)

For the Font I would like something stylishly contemporary.

Here is the background I made for a personal sig in the past. Hopefully, this will help depict more of my style and get your muse juices Flowing.(pun completely intended)

This is what I would like to have as the focal image. Just pinkiepie in the foreground I could careless about the background the guts are also very important to me. Could you possibly make the outiline co outside the sig square a little bit?

I forgot to mention the text I want included: My name (Aculeas) My Guilds Name: SparklingPwnes the initials AoC and Officer

No one has been able to create this for me yet :(

Flowman
05-12-2012, 01:15 PM
lololol isn't it sad that, in the midst of all this, I was so excited to use that?
I'm a dork >.<

haha nothing like a good 'come at me' moment.

Aculeas - I think you missed the whole "I'd like some freedom, please don't request every aspect of the sig" part of my original post lol :p But since you say no one else could do this, I'll see what I can do. It'll have to be background reliant since the foreground and focal points are already completely defined (more or less). Gonna be hard to fit that into a 100 pixel height...but I'll see what I can think up.

Mitchturbo
05-12-2012, 01:45 PM
You must be kahlua's infamous brother I have heard so much about back now that finals are over?

Anyways I have a request.

My color scheme is- red (prefer thick and dark bloody tones), black, and bone (and or grittier shades of each)

My theme is- Carnage, Body Parts, and my little pony. (pinky pie would be great!)

For the Font I would like something stylishly contemporary.

Here is the background I made for a personal sig in the past. Hopefully, this will help depict more of my style and get your muse juices Flowing.(pun completely intended)

This is what I would like to have as the focal image. Just pinkiepie in the foreground I could careless about the background the guts are also very important to me. Could you possibly make the outiline co outside the sig square a little bit?

I forgot to mention the text I want included: My name (Aculeas) My Guilds Name: SparklingPwnes the initials AoC and Officer

No one has been able to create this for me yet :(

Yo Yo, Aculeas... I am shocked you haven't asked me?! Lolz this is completely my field. Give me a chance to impress you :-)

ArtStar
05-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Yo Yo, Aculeas... I am shocked you haven't asked me?! Lolz this is completely my field. Give me a chance to impress you :-)

He may just have to lol, looks like Flow will be busy :]

Flowman
05-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Mitch, by all means, take a stab at Acu's sig. I have 2 in front of me right now, just getting some ideas down on paper for the first one for xfrzen. If I can pull this off without it looking fake....it's going to be sofa king cool.

Aculeas
05-12-2012, 02:38 PM
No, offense mitch but I don't like your style.

This is just for a general Idea.

Flowman
05-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Xfrzen - I'll try contacting you here, otherwise we'll move to PMs.

I have the idea I want completely drawn out in my head. I know exactly what I want to do...only it's not exactly what you wanted. This is the artistic freedom I was talking about. I can give you ice. I can give you blues, reds, and blacks. But I cannot give you gore.

If this is ok with you, then I'll begin collecting my materials.

Give me a few days to complete this one, since the renders I want to use have to be very specific in order for them to layer well.

Mitchturbo
05-12-2012, 03:02 PM

No offense taken my friend ^_^

Lowlyspy
05-12-2012, 03:15 PM
I know this little spat is done with but i need to chime in. I was not talking to you like you were kids, i was attempting to diffuse a potential argument between some people i consider friends before it happened. Pardon me if you took it like that. Pm me if you want, save the excessive unrelated posts from clogging Flow's thread.

Otukura
05-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I know right? Mrsberry did a really good job on making this signature.

The pony, silly!

Mitchturbo
05-12-2012, 04:07 PM

This is just for a general Idea.

Well this IS my Style mate. This is what I've come up with as a simple Draft.

Enough said. Have an Excellent Day :-)

Otukura
05-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Well this IS my Style mate. This is what I've come up with as a simple Draft.

Enough said. Have an Excellent Day :-)

If you do a bit of smudging and play with blending options, you can get rid of all that pixelization around things(in this case the pony).

Flowman
05-12-2012, 04:25 PM
If you do a bit of smudging and play with blending options, you can get rid of all that pixelization around things(in this case the pony).

yeah what he said.

Either do a cleaner cut with the pen tool, or make a few layers of the pony, smudge one out a bit and change the blend mode, layer over it with another with neater smudging on the edges and then layer over it with an overlay of the sam image...should look the same, only without the rough edges.

sky8er
05-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Names moderater and I want a assasinz creedish background with the word league of assasinz, but a pumpkin head from sl in the background too

Deathpunch
05-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey, flow, when ya can, an idea for a sig for me. Old school 8-bit engi, as my main is an engi.

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

Flowman
05-12-2012, 05:36 PM
By 8 bit engi...you mean like a Sprite? Stuff like this?

http://www.web2generators.com/application/img/sprite-sample.png

Deathpunch
05-12-2012, 05:37 PM
By 8 bit engi...you mean like a Sprite? Stuff like this?

http://www.web2generators.com/application/img/sprite-sample.png

Yes, sir.

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

Flowman
05-12-2012, 05:40 PM
hmm ok. Like I said earlier, this is one area I'm a little....rough?...in. I wish I was good with 8 bit, sprites, pixel sigs, that whole genre. I love those pastel looking cel shaded sigs. I'll definitely give this one a shot, thanks for the challenge.

I feel like Redryder would be good at this, I've seen some of his drawings. I'll see if I can work something out with him to help me with this one.

Mitchturbo
05-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Hmmm... So you all prefer blurry images to pixel sharp images? I can see why no one likes my Style now.
Thanks. I won't be troubling you Signature makers again. After I finish a few more sharp looking Signatures I won't grace my ugly work on these forums again.

Thanks again so much and well I don't need to wish you luck. Your already the Bawz.
Peace. Hugs and Kisses. Much Respect.
Enjoy. I will have more free time to myself :-)

Flowman
05-12-2012, 05:49 PM
It's not that people don't enjoy pixel sharp images, it's that when images are cut from backgrounds, it's almost impossible to get the exact curves and angles cut out. It takes a real professional to make clean cut renders. It's the main reason why I usually search for pre-cut renders, because cutting them out is such a pain.

The reason people prefer the "blurry" edges is because it's more visually fluid. When an object with very sharply defined edges is placed over another image that takes up the entire background, or even over just another render, the two compete from focal attention. The reason you blur the edges of an image is to give it the appearance that it is not just an image placed over another image, but rather part of the entire picture. You blend it in so it becomes a seamless transition. Do you understand?

You also blend the backgrounds of images to add depth to your pictures. If you have 2 sharp images next to each other, say, a man standing in front of a house, it gives the appearance that the man and the house are at the same focal distance from the viewer, and that the man is basically one with the house. However, should you blur the house a little bit...get rid of some of that focus, it gives the appearance of distance. A blurred house with a finely focused man in front makes us think the man is close to us, but the house is in the distance. It draws our attention to the man, but lets us notice that there is in fact a house BEHIND him.

We're not insulting you bro, we're just helping you out.

Mitchturbo
05-12-2012, 06:22 PM
We're not insulting you bro, we're just helping you out.

Thank you, Thats very nice :-) Honestly, I can't thank you enough right now.
*big hug* you see, my emotions have been all over the place right now, I've been taking anti depression tablets for over a year, but I recently had to stop em, due to them making me fall asleep while Driving.
Right now I'm having a lot of trouble controling my emotions due to the side effects of coming off em.

Sorry to go off topic, but I just feel like telling you all. Seeing your quote above has made me feel really happy (even have tears of happiness)

Thanks again and I really understand now.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your signatures. They are really good <3

Flowman
05-12-2012, 06:31 PM
You'll get through it man, my dad suffers from the same thing and it's sad to see. I've gone through withdrawals of prescription meds before (was actually prescribed them, not abusing) and it made me very bipolar as well, so don't worry about it :).

But I agree, let's keep the talk about signatures here. If you need someone to talk to when you're feeling bad/sad/weird/upset/whatever, shoot me a message, I know all about what's going on chemically up in that brain of yours, so we can talk it out.

Anyways, back to the signatures! Thanks for the interest people, I have a relatively free week coming up so expect to see a few of these done by Friday :D

Illuminate
05-12-2012, 07:15 PM
My IGN is Illuminate. I like the colors red and black. Mabye like a vague shadow behind the words "Illuminate"

Otukura
05-12-2012, 09:31 PM
@mitch
I wouldn't say its so much blurry vs sharp as smooth vs grainy. Found an example of where I did it to a person. Bit hard to see with the background, but:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76414288/pics/text.jpg
Like a half finished project, but I think it's a OK example of doing it to hair. With people, if you don't do it, generally it ends up with blotches of background stuck to their hair(or chucks of hair missing). So it's not as necessary on other things, but for people or things with tiny amounts of detail, I think its a very nice touch.

Looking forward to seeing all of your guys' work!

Flowman
05-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Picture

Good example. The left side looks good, right side near the ear is a little fuzzed/orange and stands out against the bridge (I know you said half finished). Otherwise, good blend. His facial tone matches the background nice as well.

Is that for this forum? Because if it is...it's waaaaaay too big lol.

Otukura
05-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Good example. The left side looks good, right side near the ear is a little fuzzed/orange and stands out against the bridge (I know you said half finished). Otherwise, good blend. His facial tone matches the background nice as well.

Is that for this forum? Because if it is...it's waaaaaay too big lol.

Had done it a while ago for fun, got bored, said it was finished, lol. I generally work with images much bigger, and downsize later, just so I can see what I'm doing.

I think this (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wGn83D6Rmj8/S-2vxjedI1I/AAAAAAAAAzc/eg2smbVIQvw/s1600/liam-hemsworth-yh-awards-02.jpg)was the original.

Flowman
05-12-2012, 11:09 PM
I tried starting big and going small...didn't work well for me. I wish I could have a 500 x 200/250...hell even 300 pixel limit with 100-200kb size limit....oh lord the things I could do.

Otukura
05-12-2012, 11:13 PM
I tried starting big and going small...didn't work well for me. I wish I could have a 500 x 200/250...hell even 300 pixel limit with 100-200kb size limit....oh lord the things I could do.

Can't agree more. Also actually wanted animated gifs, but that could so easily be abused. PM'd the devs once about size, and got something like "spacetime encourages users to make all the modification they want, as long as their signature image is still under 15kb in size".

Gave this (bit.ly/forparth) to Parth earlier(its a shocker, be warned. loud and flashy), and people could easily do stuff like that to their sigs.

Flowman
05-12-2012, 11:26 PM
yeah I brought it up to Sam a long long time ago. Had to scrap a bunch of sigs I made because converting them from PSD files to 15kb Jpeg was just murdering the quality, especially around the fonts. I think he said something about stretching the forum length and bandwidth or something. But it's not all that bad I guess, at least we get to have signatures...just gonna have a lot of face renders lol.

I'm terrible with animation. I have photoshop, C4D, and illustrator...but I won't touch animation. Just can't get the hang of it.

Flowman
05-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Ok just an update.

I have all the materials I need for Frzen's sig. I am also working on one for myself since mine is...outdated. Talked with Illuminate in game, worked out a sig for him. Have a decent amount on my plate atm, will try to work faster/harder than I usually do.

Thank you all for the interest and for allowing me interesting themes to practice with. I won't let you down.

Lostpop21
05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
I would like to see you do a dark, horror style sig, with some blood splatters, maybe a dagger or red eyes with "Black Platinum" my guild, written in the middle in a dark font of your choosing :D

xfrzen
05-14-2012, 12:39 AM
I excitedly await your work

Roc
05-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Can't agree more. Also actually wanted animated gifs, but that could so easily be abused. PM'd the devs once about size, and got something like "spacetime encourages users to make all the modification they want, as long as their signature image is still under 15kb in size".

Gave this (bit.ly/forparth) to Parth earlier(its a shocker, be warned. loud and flashy), and people could easily do stuff like that to their sigs.

I will never trust your links again o.O

Otukura
05-14-2012, 10:49 PM
I will never trust your links again o.O

I gave a warning. Didn't to Parth :3

razerfingers
05-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Flowman, heres some sort of a challenge you know my sig i got right now? I want a freddy kruegar with his claws hanging out but a little more menacing than this one the rest is up to you you can choose background or if its too vague umm do something like the one on the top of your sample post in thread :)

Sent front my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk 2

Aculeas
05-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Flowman, heres some sort of a challenge you know my sig i got right now? I want a freddy kruegar with his claws hanging out but a little more menacing than this one the rest is up to you you can choose background or if its too vague umm do something like the one on the top of your sample post in thread :)

I would like to begin working on this for you but first tell me what you think of this render. If you like it I shall move forward with my plan if not I won't move forward with the project. Unless you can find me a render you like... it's up to you really. This is right up my alley sooo the offers on the table :)

Zaltiar
05-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Good to see you back Flow missed the many good artists who've left here
Keep making them sigs!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

BodMaster
05-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Bet you thought I wouldn't pop on right? (;

Good to see you getting back in the business!

Who can say no to a sig made by Flow? Gonna think something up and get back to you bro-hoof.

razerfingers
05-15-2012, 11:32 AM
I would like to begin working on this for you but first tell me what you think of this render. If you like it I shall move forward with my plan if not I won't move forward with the project. Unless you can find me a render you like... it's up to you really. This is right up my alley sooo the offers on the table :)

Yeah yeah i like it :D

Flowman
05-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Almost done Frzen.
Expect a finished product by tomorrow :D.

Been playing Diablo 3 though...so if I can't finish it tomorrow, I'm gone all weekend, so it'll be done by Sunday at the latest.
Sorry for the wait, restarted it a few times because I didn't like some parts.

Cahaun
05-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Is it me, or did I see Bodmasta post? O.o
I thought of something, Flow. Lately I fell in love with some Resident Evil characters:
Barry Burton and his quotes
The Merchant
It'd be great to see Barry or The Merchant on my signature. I know you like to think of a design so have at it! :D

xfrzen
05-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Almost done Frzen.
Expect a finished product by tomorrow :D.

Been playing Diablo 3 though...so if I can't finish it tomorrow, I'm gone all weekend, so it'll be done by Sunday at the latest.
Sorry for the wait, restarted it a few times because I didn't like some parts. no worries, I bet its worth the wait

xfrzen
05-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Diablo is winning, sorry how many times you get to say that about graphic design. Lol

Ghosti
05-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey Flowman, Mars here. I am willing to pay you for your services (in-game) if you are still doing this. Oh and Btw you can do whatever the hell you want with the sig. My only opinion is to make it somewhat outerwordly/cosmos like. That is all :)

Matutd
05-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey! :)
I'm looking for a new sig, and from what I've seen, yours are the best around. So anyway, on to my request:
I'd like a pwnie, but with vampire features? I'd like it to be based solely around dark legends, so it has to be dark, but I'd also like it to be colourful like pwnies. I'm not very creative, so exact things for me are way too hard for me to think of. Maybe just text that says vampyr and sparkling pwnies in a Vampire-ish font.
Hope your interested :D

EDIT: maybe put this image in it if you decide to make it
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff497/matutd/2697101c.jpg

vintus
05-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Hey (¿;). I got an idea for one that says MEN OF HONOR with AT LEAST one vampire wearing a Russian spetznaz uniform but I also have a cache it has to look more epic than a battle in transformers 3

Aculeas
05-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Razergfingers sig

as you can see I scrapped the original render and went with something else. The original render just couldn't be made to look right.

razerfingers
05-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Razergfingers sig

as you can see I scrapped the original render and went with something else. The original render just couldn't be made to look right.

Hah! I love it!

Mitchturbo
05-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Razergfingers sig

That is Amazing! Skills Aculeas skills *gives respect*

SexyIsland
05-24-2012, 02:49 AM
Razergfingers sig

HOT HOT HOT!!! Can't wait to see how the one for me is gonna look!!! Awesome Acu <3

Floating
05-24-2012, 11:34 AM
I private messaged you with my idea. I hope you accept to make it :)

Flowman
05-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Update:

Well as some of you may recall I was gone all weekend at the Electric Diasy Carnival Music Festival in New Jersey. Took me like 3 days to recover physically and mentally from the face melting music. However, when I returned, I was offered a deal to make a shirt design for my friends clothing company. Unfortunately this means I haven't had time to work on any sigs really. However, Frzen's is more or less 100% done...just need to do the final edits and color corrections.

That will be online by the end of the week. My shirt design needs to be done by Monday, so after that I have nothing on my plate.
Thank you Frzen for being patient, I promise I haven't forgotten about you lol.

xfrzen
05-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm patient :)

v for Vendetta
05-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Can up send the,
olz v for vendetta plz thx

Flowman
05-25-2012, 03:09 AM
Can up send the,
olz v for vendetta plz thx

What was that?
I'm assuming you want Olz's sig?

Floating
05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
What was that?
I'm assuming you want Olz's sig?

Flow will you be able to make me the sig afterall? Sorry to bug you

(meant this picture in my private message: http://www.fearlessgamer.com/wp-content/gallery/harrowing-skinsss/attachment-14-php.jpg )

Flowman
05-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes I can. And I can definitely use that picture, he has perfect positioning for editing.
But like I said...my work week goes:

T Shirt.
DJ Setlist.
Frzen's edits.
Other sigs.

Flowman
05-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Made a new thread for my Tshirt design progress. Making pretty decent time, expect to be done on schedule. Check it out. Has some details about how I do some of the stuff I do in photoshop too. Thanks :D

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58873-My-first-T-Shirt-Design-Spaceman&p=657663#post657663

v for Vendetta
05-26-2012, 12:46 AM
The ve for vendetta sig send me that :D

Cahaun
05-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Made a new thread for my Tshirt design progress. Making pretty decent time, expect to be done on schedule. Check it out. Has some details about how I do some of the stuff I do in photoshop too. Thanks :D

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58873-My-first-T-Shirt-Design-Spaceman&p=657663#post657663
Nice work there

iAmPain
05-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Hi flowman!i would like to request a sig, so here are something i would like to have in my sig:
-A phoenix in the main background, just hovering in the darkness.
-put my ign "Raozuzacil" and "Phoenix anywhere you feel like putting it (maybe right under my ign?)
i very much appreciate it. if you want to add more or do less on it just to make it look right, im ok with that.

ancestor
05-30-2012, 09:30 PM
The gates of heaven with God smiling. In the background with rays of sunlight and flowers everywhere.

Heraklez
12-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Here's a challenge for you

Background - Arcane Legends
Foreground - King Leonida's Face from 300 (Face of Berserk, if you know what I mean)
Details - Just insert my IG name "Heraclez" and IG guild "Philippines Finest"
The rest is in your hands.

Thank you in advance.

WinterKate
12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I am afraid Flowman cannot make new signatures. :(

xroxinex
06-26-2013, 11:49 AM
My name is xroxinex.the colors I want is purple and balcony.the rest is up to you do whatever u want surprise me B)

Blazndragn
06-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Since Flowman is not going to make signatures anymore...is anyone else available to do them? Since Flowman isn't doing it anymore this thread should probably be archived so it can't be bumped anymore.