PDA

View Full Version : Alien blaster and plasma effect

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I recently noticed plasma swords have a lightning effect on the opponent. It seems cool, but why doesn't an alien blaster have that effect?

It shoots lightning really fast, so it deserves a lightning effect as well. don't you think?

KingFu
08-16-2010, 02:59 PM
That thing you observed is lightning proc, and is weakens armor. Dex usually doesn't have any procs outside of fire and ice proc, but I would enjoy to see a lightning proc on bows, or, better yet, a nightmare proc! Although it may be overpowered unless they think of a way to set a balance with them.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-16-2010, 03:00 PM
That thing you observed is lightning proc, and is weakens armor. Dex usually doesn't have any procs outside of fire and ice proc, but I would enjoy to see a lightning proc on bows, or, better yet, a nightmare proc! Although it may be overpowered unless they think of a way to set a balance with them.

ah I see...wait a minute...the lightning proc on the plasma sword weakens the enemy's armor?

KingFu
08-16-2010, 03:02 PM
ah I see...wait a minute...the lightning proc on the plasma sword weakens the enemy's armor?

Yes, but I have found spears with their break armor effect to be much more trustworthy.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes, but I have found spears with their break armor effect to be much more trustworthy.

Oh kk.

/10chars.

Royce
08-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Blasters have a proc too, but it's not lightning ;)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Blasters have a proc too, but it's not lightning ;)

What is it?

Royce
08-16-2010, 03:41 PM
What is it?

Sort of a microstun. Try going up against an enemy with a scarab bow or something, and watch how fast it advances on you. Then do the same with a blaster. It's not huge, but is still useful, yet most people overlook it completely...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Sort of a microstun. Try going up against an enemy with a scarab bow or something, and watch how fast it advances on you. Then do the same with a blaster. It's not huge, but is still useful, yet most people overlook it completely...

Hmm....I'll have a look into that...thx royce ;)