PDA

View Full Version : Made a new character

Snakespeare
08-16-2010, 03:08 PM
like my 5th, so far, and I haven't got a one to cap yet...

I guess I just like the lower levels. If I got this game when it came out, I would have capped at 25th, then 30th, then whined about Swamps (LOL!), then played like crazy when AO1 and Skeller came out. And I would be about where I am right now. So, I'm like, still back in May or early June compared to the oldies.

So here was the fun...

I made it about 5 times. First I made three versions of Snakesnoob, one of each, and experienced the entrance areas with the noob quests. It was fun. I could get someone up to 4th with zero deaths quite easily, and have reasonable weapons and armor before ever starting the real quests.

Then I made an experimental "leech". It was named Kickme, or some such, and I put it at a leech point where it cooked for 45 minutes to 9th level, zero kills and zero deaths. But it was only funny for a while, up to about the point where it had 7 kills and 9 deaths. Thing is, while I was doing that, a pink dropped on me that I sold immediately for 40K! Well, I deleted that character, but not until I stashed the cash. It was seriously NOT fun.

But it showed me what I really wanted to do.

I really wanted to play the new content!

So I made Emorin, a pally, and followed the quests. By the time I had 19/19 at Forest haven, he was 10th level. It took me one day of play, and boy was it fun! The story in the new content is humorous and very entertaining. Even my wife liked it, and she doesn't usually go for this stuff.

I recommend that anyone, especially the oldies, who has been waiting for AO3, start a new character exclusively for questing. The devs did a lot to 1.3, and this is the best way to appreciate the new content!!!

Emorin will stop developing at 19, and I have the pinks for his armor and sword, but not the shield, yet. And I do want to find a purple helm, since there is no pink helm for any class. But there's time... there's time... He may never become the game's greatest twink, but I am having fun, and that's all that matters.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-16-2010, 03:24 PM
:cool: sweet!

Snakespeare
08-16-2010, 03:32 PM
If anyone else has a new character just for enjoying the new quests, add Emorin. We'll hunt together. He's got a rich uncle who lets him stock up on mana and heal pots... hehehe it beats leeching ;0

Kurlz
08-28-2010, 02:04 AM
If anyone else has a new character just for enjoying the new quests, add Emorin. We'll hunt together. He's got a rich uncle who lets him stock up on mana and heal pots... hehehe it beats leeching ;0

lmao...ill have to add him next time i play my newest noob

p.s. im guessing youre done with your break now?

Nugget
08-28-2010, 03:12 AM
I started my 2nd char and created the third but havnt played yet tonight :).