PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me how player versus player is supposed to be enjoyable.

Storms
05-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I've been playing this game for 2 years and got board so I figured I'd try pvp lvl 15 on my new Dex/Bear and in the last 3 days no less then 2-3 players attack me at once, it almost seems like friends wait for somebody like me to come in because my own teammates stand and do nothing and watch me die repeatedly, is this how you get on the leader boards?
They fart and throw up on my dead body. I think this is the worst part of pocket legends! It was the most unenjoyable experience I've had in a long time.
And if by chance I kill them all the sudden I rushed. How can any strategy be applied and how is this using skill?
It's borderline abusive it is on a par with cyber bullying and has to go against the terms of service some how!
These immature belligerent players should be reprimanded for the ungamesmen like attitudes and expression.
Explain to me the ethics, the rules on how this is supposed to be fun because I will never play that again!
:suspicion:

Blind
05-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Twinks are all noobs. Lvl up to the cap and go to ctf. Not arena(all noobs r there too). In my 23000 kills i've never had a problem in ctf. Pure fun, and pure skill. Don't listen to noobs who say u'll get spawned in ctf. They r just noobs who come and start crying, that's why the get spawned. Otherwise go to ctf, be respectful, have fun and learn some real skill. And remember endgame. Not even 55-61.

Storms
05-12-2012, 01:15 AM
I had never really played pvp in my two years and I don't know the difference between ctf but maybe I'll give it a try.
I just wanted to have fun and that is not what I experienced at all!

Wthlite
05-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Its just because your a 15 bird. 15 bird cant do much in pvp, you need bears mosty at 10-21, at 22+ other classes work well, and its also about social placement and such and such...

Storms
05-12-2012, 01:40 AM
I'm actually a dexterity bear, so archers should be treated like crap

Storms
05-12-2012, 01:47 AM
I just wanted the powers that be to be aware of this behavior I'm hoping that it it is an isolated incident but over 3 days and numerous games it was pretty consistent

Blind
05-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Listen to what i say and lvl to 66 and become a str bear. 150 str rest dex with full crafted orlok set. And go to ctf. 3vs3/5vs5 game and start tanking( taking damage, and stunning enemies)for your teammates. U r gonna love it. Remember don't even go into any kid of pvp or ctf unless u r 65-66. All noobs and trolls r there.

Appleisaac
05-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Twinks are all noobs. Lvl up to the cap and go to ctf. Not arena(all noobs r there too). In my 23000 kills i've never had a problem in ctf. Pure fun, and pure skill. Don't listen to noobs who say u'll get spawned in ctf. They r just noobs who come and start crying, that's why the get spawned. Otherwise go to ctf, be respectful, have fun and learn some real skill. And remember endgame. Not even 55-61.

Ctf turned into that too... There is no escaping it.

STS, you need to do something about low lv twinks rushing newbies. It's really aweful. People rush just for their kdrs (kill death ratio), and they ruin pvp for new players. I suggest you either lock pvp for players who do not have a character above lv 50, or give players who do not have characters above lv fifty their own pvp areanas that twinks cannot join.

DanielRH
05-12-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm very sorry you had a terrible twinking experience... I twin in those levels and yes alot of people are a noxious, but their also mostly just people who's mouths are bigger than their skills.

Hit me up (danielrh, twinkking, hostilian, crimsonelf, jadetwink) won't list em all, but contact me and I'll introduce you to the great side of pvp :-)

XghostzX
05-12-2012, 09:15 AM

Noobs, noobs, noobs, noobs... lol :D

Back
05-12-2012, 09:26 AM
PvP is fun you're just at the wrong lvl range.. Level to 30, 35 or 50 if you can't go to 66

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Late
05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
All u need is good friends that u can trust

Appleisaac
05-12-2012, 09:49 AM
All u need is good friends that u can trust

O_o?

plmafiaboss
05-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Add my dexbear truebadd and ill help u out

Storms
05-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Thank you everybody for the positive feedback I didn't know if I would get a lashing from the the community.
:triumphant:

Apocolypze
05-12-2012, 10:49 AM
they should just make the chat only work for the team you're on so you can't hear their stupid trash talk, or "rusher", or any of that bs.

Jugernugetx
05-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Or u can join your pvp friends... and dont worry about this.

Zamu
05-12-2012, 11:28 AM
I didnt manage to pvp till i had hit lvl 66 haha, but yeah i agree with the others, pvp under lvl 50 is pretty rude. Its not worth the hassle. Pvp at different lvls until you find a lvl range you're happy with :)

Otukura
05-12-2012, 12:42 PM
they should just make the chat only work for the team you're on so you can't hear their stupid trash talk, or "rusher", or any of that bs.

Ya, suggested it a while back. It would also restore FFA, because you wouldn't be able to say "go."

Register
05-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Don't give up on pvp, the general twinking public is filled with jerks. Low level pvp isn't very civilized but you can fix this by battling with friends or with people in your guild. Not everybody in that range are noobs, friend the people who you can trust to have a fair battle with and join their games, your bound to have one less jerk in the game and you socialize as well.

XghostzX
05-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Ya, suggested it a while back. It would also restore FFA, because you wouldn't be able to say "go."

That should at least be an option before you make a PvP or CTF game. There should be a little box that says, "Enable Team Chat Only" and you would check it. Or team chat should simply be for certain maps... the one vs. one map wouldn't need it.

PL_Keaton96
05-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Ok, my first suggestion is not to add Truebadd( I know this idiot from the same experience you're having about 4 months ago) , he rushes peoples like you all the time. My next suggestion is to not quit pvp , just go out and buy these items as follows:

Lvl 5 Expert, 4-pack for Archer's from plat store, and add Almightypanda, i will give you the required build and skills you need to twink at this level.

Appleisaac
05-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok, my first suggestion is not to add Truebadd( I know this idiot from the same experience you're having about 4 months ago) , he rushes peoples like you all the time. My next suggestion is to not quit pvp , just go out and buy these items as follows:

Lvl 5 Expert, 4-pack for Archer's from plat store, and add Almightypanda, i will give you the required build and skills you need to twink at this level.

or you could just wait till your lv 40ish... you probably dont want to spend 5$ on gear, and there is no way you have 200k to spend on expert o.o

Bebsi
05-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah, my lvl 17 bird just got owned by a lvl22 bear with winter festival stuff.
He killed me in a sec or two xD
Lying to me he would be lvl17, but using pull (lvl22 skill) *booh*

Anyway, I got bored just like u and try pvp in different lvl ranges.
I might join u in the next days, the more the merrier, right?

JTZ
05-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Sorry PvP didn't work out for you..
But for the original question, PvP is enjoyable to many because it's a place where you can have fun with your friends or fight others and have a good time.
And since you keep getting rushed, just leave and find a different game with nicer players. When your there you can make friends and have them help you against those who had rushed you recently. :)

mackjack
05-13-2012, 05:24 AM
Some other games that I play give you a small invincibility window when you join or respawn. You can't attack, but can move and put some space between yourself and others. Seems to help cut down rushing and spawning killing.

STS should put something similar into place, but somehow I doubt that they'd bother...

nazgulking
05-13-2012, 07:04 AM
PvP is trash. Just stick to PvE and you will preserve your sanity and nerves.

Late
05-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Twinkyyyyyy!

razerfingers
05-13-2012, 05:14 PM

Is that whzt the mute button on peoples profile when you click on them is for? ;) i do it a lot and some pvp arenas are so quiet i can pvp in peace

Sent front my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk 2

Swimmingstar
05-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Ignore and mute everyone who's being mean, create your own games, boot mean people, report them, mute them, ignore them, fight them back, if you lose it doesn't matter.

Cahaun
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Ignore and mute everyone who's being mean, create your own games, boot mean people, report them, mute them, ignore them, fight them back, if you lose it doesn't matter.
Swimmingstar gives the best advice. Here's your cookie <(^_^)>©

Entertaining
05-13-2012, 09:52 PM
New twinks always need breaking in. If you're still playing, i am sure you made it. If you are any good then you wont be rushed as much. You probably came in with a random name no one has met, most likely bad gear, no guild or a nobodies guild, and a small amount of skill. So as to balance out the large amounts of sitting in pvp games talking, they kill you many times. They see no consequence in doing so and therefore see no reason not to.