PDA

View Full Version : Why and what?

adis
05-12-2012, 06:59 PM
What are alien oasis pinks? I can't seem to get a clear definition of it lol. And since they are pinks and purples, why are they worthless?
And what should I do when I have a lot of them in posession?

RedRyder
05-12-2012, 07:03 PM
From which alien oasis? 1,2 or 3? I think the 1 and 2 pinks are expensive, since some do Lv 40-45 twinking, but no one really 50 twinks (alien oasis 3) so they're not worth as much. Only the shadow caves pinks are worth a decent amount.

adis
05-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Do you mean alien oasis 1 and 2 pinks are good but AO3 pinks are bad because people choose Shadow caves pinks instead?

WoundedEagle
05-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Do you mean alien oasis 1 and 2 pinks are good but AO3 pinks are bad because people choose Shadow caves pinks instead?

Kinda. The thing is, Alien Oasis 1 & 2 pinks are good because, like Red said, they are used for 37-45 twinking (basically just sticking around at that level and not moving). But Alien Oasis 3 pinks have a high drop rate, and level 50 isn't a very popular level for locking XP. Shadow caves pinks are also stronger and have better set bonuses. I think the only gear you could gain a little bit of money off in Alien Oasis 3 are Rift, Cosmos, and Void.

Crunchee
05-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Wow. You should be lucky that I've taught someone about this in a pm. :3 I'll copy and paste it here for you!

- Every lvl45 pink ends with horus, osiris, thoth, isis are considered common pinks as they drop a lot in ao2. Some rare pinks like Apep Sunkiller Staff, Dark Matter Staff, red scarabs etc worth a lot more. Lvl 40, 41&43 versions of these pinks are rarer and lvl40 ao2 pinks usually worth around 55k. You have to do a bit research on this if you want to know more ;) Check out the pricing guides written by Hunzzz in Trader's Market section. You can also have a look at those "how to become a merchant" guides, they have tons of detailed information about pinks and rare items.
- Lvl 50 Fate, Destiny and Fortune pinks of ao3 are worthless as there are superior lvl50 sets like Sentinel set, Hate set, Cosmos set, Rift set, Void set etc which are in high demand and worth much more. BUT if you're lucky enough to obtain a lvl 45 ao3 pink, especially the lvl45 trueshot bow of fortune, you may sell it for 40-60k. Actually, you can find that usually the common equips can be found every 5 lvls. The equips in between these five lvls with the same names as the common equips are scaled drops.More information about scaled drops can be found in the merchants' guides as well.

adis
05-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Haha I have cosmo gear I wanna use

LwMark
05-12-2012, 11:58 PM
There are some thoth, mynas,isis, horus lvl 46,47,48,50 also out there but they dnt drop no more