PDA

View Full Version : A question about gear names and bonuses

ohokyea
05-13-2012, 02:04 AM
I have searched the forums/google for some information on this. Unfortunately, PL doesn't have very many guides that are detailed or up to date enough, which means hours and hours of searching before all the information you are looking for is pieced together. So, I come to you all with a question about gear names.

I read in a post earlier that ''Blaster'' in the name of a weapon means it has an AOE splash effect. If this is true, could anyone tell me what the other specifications there are in regards to how an item is named/

P.S. My shift keys are broken so slashes are question marks ;]

JaytB
05-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Whether a weapon is AOE or not, is difficult to determine by its name alone, or you would get a huge list of names. Other properties of weapons are so called 'weapon procs'. For more info on weapon procs, look here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=96973

LwMark
05-13-2012, 03:22 AM
What is aoe mean :)

Also jaytb

Hiiiii

TANKKAAR
05-13-2012, 03:35 AM
What is aoe mean :)

Also jaytb

Hiiiii

aoe = area of effect

Simply put it means the effect are not confined to the single target that you are locked onto but can also effects surrounding mobs/enemies :)

Appleisaac
05-13-2012, 07:18 AM
It's hard to determine if a weapon has aoe by its name. All of the "fire blasters" have aoe damage, and all of the "blast staffs" in the sewer have it too. I'm fairly sure that all of the "fire staffs" in the game have aoe except for the newby "firebolt" staffs in the early levels.