PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Lag

mikemethadone
05-13-2012, 11:24 AM
I've done a search but can't find any help for dealing with lag, I know I'm not the only one with this problem and I apologize if a thread for this exists already, but lately I swear it's getting worse.
I have an htc sensation ics 4.0.3 unrooted and would appreciate any advice, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps you can't play with people using pc, as sometimes particularly in pvp attackers don't even appear on my screen until they've hit me ,I go flying across the screen, sometimes back to where I started and die, yet they seem to be moving fine. It doesn't seem to be this bad playing starlegends.

HunterSLAYER
05-13-2012, 01:47 PM
All players on Android,iOs and Chrome play on the same server.

In this case, it would be better to play on Wifi if your data connection is not at least EDGE/4G to avoid HIGH PING AND LAG.

mikemethadone
05-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the reply, your right it's fine on wifi, it's weird though that it never used to be as bad as it's been last week or so, and I've always used 3g in the past thanks anyway.

Mrsberry
05-13-2012, 03:52 PM
OMG LAGGGG! Yes lag is so bad for me here on DL I use 4g and wifi its constantly pining very high. If you knew me from SL you would know I love pvp but here I find it very hard too pvp the lag is the worst in pvp for me this prevents me from even bothering to enter the ring. Im not sure what it is but I never had this problem on any of the previouse sts game.

HunterSLAYER
05-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Sometimes there are "PING SPIKES".
However, most of the time connection is speedy, only when i'm playing pvp that's when it lags more often

Anyway, it does happens in all three sts games so its normal

My solution for you two is to play on Chrome as based on my friend's experiences(I NEVER PLAY ON CHROME SO I CAN'T BE ACCUSED OF USING MACROS IN PVP), he say "PING SPIKES" occur rarely when he is playing on Chrome as compared to when he is playing on his mobile.

-----
Sent from my LT26i powered by DOOMKernel.

Bigtokes
05-27-2012, 04:23 AM
I've also been having bad spikes that leave my ping at a constatnt 230+ on wifi with my iPad and higher on 3G. Yet when I play through chrome on the same wifi with my desktop I have a ping of only 75. Even tried disconecting all my wifi devices from my network and still no dice on getting a better ping with my iPad. Any ideas on how to fix?

adis
05-27-2012, 10:44 AM
What I do is I play on chrome and I use a cable. Because a computer processes faster than a tablet(I think).

mikemethadone
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
I've actually found that a lot of my problems where with the phone, I use an htc sensation and ,more so since ics update, I've found I have to reboot my phone a lot. If I play regularly at least every other day, sometimes I do it before every game. it definitely has helped me.