PDA

View Full Version : Is Demonic overpriced? Vote in the poll above!

Skeletonlord
05-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Demonic. Crafted in Nuri Hallows. A popular and expensive set. I do not know why this is, but it is extremely overpriced. I think and I am sure a lot of you agree with me on this one. I think we should tone down the price of the items. This includes the helm, armour, crossbow, and shield.

Tell me in the comments what you think about the demonic set. Do you think it is overpriced? What are your thoughts? Please vote in the poll above voicing your opinion. Together we can tone the price!

Swampy
05-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Supply and demand. I'm pretty sure no ones gonna "tone down" the prices. I still regret selling my demonic mace set earlier. Plus there are barely any nuri drops and no ones farming there.

xbabybugszx
05-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Ofoarse its overpriced. It went from 1mil to 5mil or so, but you cant change that. This game is all about gold, you need it to have a good time in pve/pvp. People want more gold, so they hold onto their demonic for prices to go over the roof. STS cant do anything about it because its not their decision. Gold and prices is up to us, and if the people that have demonic dont want to lower their prices then they wont. Its sad i know, but what can we do..

Walkhardd
05-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Supply and demand.....

Cahaun
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Still overpriced. Supply and Demand doesn't determine the price in the end. Greed is also a major factor along with many other numorous things that need to be taken in account. Demonic is overpriced.

Fncrazy
05-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Guess u don't own a set? :p

NECROREAPER
05-13-2012, 12:39 PM
The whole PL economy is over priced.

I remember when the most expensive things were shock lances at a little over 100k

Livemau
05-13-2012, 12:44 PM
It sucks compared to the Crafted Sets but pinks in Nuris rarely drop. So if you are baseing its value of effectivness its overpriced. If its off rareness than its fairly priced as is.Also the lgyph steel is pretty rare as well

Darkfader
05-13-2012, 12:50 PM
The whole PL economy is over priced.

I remember when the most expensive things were shock lances at a little over 100k

or roll back more and when most expensive item was zombie voodoo fire staff with huge price of 125 k :o

Rawrimafish
05-13-2012, 12:54 PM
sorta... there is no poll bro

Skeletonlord
05-13-2012, 01:00 PM
sorta... there is no poll bro

Airrie told me that you cannot add polls when the thread has been created. Sorry! I guess we can comment!

Gluttony
05-13-2012, 01:11 PM
The statement about supply and demand holds merit: the supply is limited due to players not really wanting to farm the area, items such as the glyph steel are uber rare so crafting takes dedication and time (both of which players listing the item want to be compensated for); the items are in fairly high demand due to they're effectiveness, you cannot beat the stats at that level.

I don't merch or buy things much so I cannot comment on the market price of these items, but I will say that there are always players with plenty of gold and they'll buy anything if it is fairly rare and listed low so they can monopolize the market. With cs the way it is there is really no combating this, all you can do is earn massive amounts of gold so that you can afford whatever you want... whenever you want. Besides that just take advantage or opportunities when they arise; for instance, whenever a cap increase is coming there is always a mad rush to sell off the out of date end gear. Just watch the market at pivotal moments and you can get items you want for pretty cheap.

Polls need to be created in the Off-Topic section of the forums. Sorry, but the option isn't available here in PL general.

Edit: Why don't you edit this guide here (since it's yours) How to: Create a Poll for posts (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51046), maybe change step 1 to "make sure to post in the Off-Topic Discussion section."

Zeus
05-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Selling Ferrari Enzo, $.01

Selling Demonic Dex set, $10,000,000.00.

PM me if you're interested.

razerfingers
05-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Im not greedy id sell a demonic set if i jad one for enough to buy a crafted lvl 65 set which isnt too terribky bad maybe in the 1mil range but then people would be like ohh you're stupid right?

Sent front my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk 2

Skeletonlord
05-13-2012, 01:43 PM
The statement about supply and demand holds merit: the supply is limited due to players not really wanting to farm the area, items such as the glyph steel are uber rare so crafting takes dedication and time (both of which players listing the item want to be compensated for); the items are in fairly high demand due to they're effectiveness, you cannot beat the stats at that level.

I don't merch or buy things much so I cannot comment on the market price of these items, but I will say that there are always players with plenty of gold and they'll buy anything if it is fairly rare and listed low so they can monopolize the market. With cs the way it is there is really no combating this, all you can do is earn massive amounts of gold so that you can afford whatever you want... whenever you want. Besides that just take advantage or opportunities when they arise; for instance, whenever a cap increase is coming there is always a mad rush to sell off the out of date end gear. Just watch the market at pivotal moments and you can get items you want for pretty cheap.

Polls need to be created in the Off-Topic section of the forums. Sorry, but the option isn't available here in PL general.

Edit: Why don't you edit this guide here (since it's yours) How to: Create a Poll for posts (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51046), maybe change step 1 to "make sure to post in the Off-Topic Discussion section."

I have edited the thread Gluttony, thanks for the tip! Now all I need is the title of the thread changed from "Vote-in-the-poll-above!" to "Tell me your thoughts here"

Appleisaac
05-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Still overpriced. Supply and Demand doesn't determine the price in the end.

>_< yes it does. Lv 56-60 twinks have become very popular, and prices have gone up by so much because STS has practically discontinued the pinks in nuris... STS, if your reading this, by making glyph items so rare you have ruined the nuri campaign. It's not fun to go through at all. No pinks drop, and the bosses drop the exact same things that mobs drop... Mobs are OP, and trash things you pick up are so underpowered....

Walkhardd
05-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Im not greedy id sell a demonic set if i jad one for enough to buy a crafted lvl 65 set which isnt too terribky bad maybe in the 1mil range but then people would be like ohh you're stupid right?

Yes. :)

Iphoneington
05-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Extremely overpriced yet a unique design with fabulous looks. Overall it's a bit high but worth the buy!:)

razerfingers
05-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Yes. :)

Atleast you were honest xD but yet again if i had one i wouldnt sell unless i had too since its a set i want mkre badly than a lvl 65 crafted longbow set lol

Suntv
05-13-2012, 03:05 PM
S) Demonic Wand Set 8.250.000

:rugby:

NotYoCookiez
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Lol demonic and L60 set prices has gone threw the roof!

Lol it's not overpriced.... Actually if it would be cheaper it wouldn't be worth is high value!

People are gonna complain, but this sets goal for people, so they can farm like crazy and eventually have enough to buy it!

How boring would it be to have a awesome set in looks and skills for cheap?

Mothwing
05-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Overpriced. It's more expensive than the end game sets. How?? Because it looks cool? They're not even that much better than the regular sets. Besides the looks, idk why everybody likes them. I'd go with lilith any day.

Matutd
05-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Expensive? Yes. Overpriced? Not at all. Lvl 60 twinking is becoming popular, and seeing as they are hardly being farmed and also have high drop rates, plus crafting components are so rare, the set is expensive. However, people are willing to pay this price, so people sell it at this price. Imagine a car like a Bugatti veyron, they're very expensive, some reaching prices of over a million pounds/dollars, the Audi r8 is also a nice supercar and that only costs around 150,000 pounds/dollars. That doesn't make the veyron overpriced, just very expensive, as your getting what you pay for

MightyMicah
05-13-2012, 05:14 PM
I think it is yeah. Honestly I feel all sets from 56+ are a bit pricy. I'd love to see the pinks' drop rate increase. That seems to be the only way to solve this problem in my mind.

CodyBearr
05-13-2012, 07:34 PM
The whole nuri map & drop rate needs to be fixed (or atleast the crafting drop rate & mob strength)

Cahaun
05-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't think the price should not go up any higher than it should just because someone likes using it in pvp or "twinking". The "It's good for twinkers" quote is just an excuse to raise the price.

PownagePlus
05-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Too high by far. I mean I saw that it costs more than Crafted Lilith. 1 mil might be reasonable

XghostzX
05-13-2012, 09:03 PM
The CS is just like the stock market. Whenever there's a double damage weekend, or for instance the flower bouquet that provided 4x damage, that's when more items will come in. I remember when the classes were very unbalanced back when level 50 was the cap; you'd see all of these mages items listed in the CS and none from the bears. People would make mages so they could have the benefit of farming.

So basically what I'm saying is, sometimes it's the events that are going on other than supply and demand.

NotYoCookiez
05-13-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure if everyone that farm fang, farm nuris now for a couple days we will be seeing more drops.

But still doesn't change the fact that it's worth that price for a reason.

What else are merchants or people with 5mil plus suppose to buy?

What's the point of having a lot of money if every set in game is on 1mil or cheaper?

RedRyder
05-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Ofoarse its overpriced. It went from 1mil to 5mil or so, but you cant change that. This game is all about gold, you need it to have a good time in pve/pvp. People want more gold, so they hold onto their demonic for prices to go over the roof. STS cant do anything about it because its not their decision. Gold and prices is up to us, and if the people that have demonic dont want to lower their prices then they wont. Its sad i know, but what can we do..

They could change that. Place a cap on the amount of gold that you can price an item in the CS. However, that'll get a lot of people like this:

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/Grisett/The%20Avengers/TheHulk.jpg

fuzzylazer
05-14-2012, 06:30 AM
Definitely overpriced... Was cheaper when nuri just came out...

Zeus
05-14-2012, 10:14 AM
If y'all are complaining about it being overpriced, it's time to start learning the trends. Demonic will likely drop when new campaign comes out, as people will need money for the new gear and realize the amount of money they're sitting on, so thus, many will sell demonic, especially if the new gear is BAMF.

Comprehende? :) Just wait for the right time to buy. Most of you probably won't end up buying it anyway when it drops because you don't want to lose money. Remember, a lot of the desire of demonic originates from its high value.

Cheers,

~Parth

kiitz
05-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Anyone complaining that it is overpriced does not fully understand supply and demand. There is no "greed" in the market. There is just a market price that people are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay that price, then it is worth that much. I don't care if its an amazing piece of gear that has great stats, great looks, or is hard to farm, or an old picture of your hot mom. If people are willing to pay for it, then its worth that much. Some people are also bringing out the "Its too expensive compared to how good it is" argument. Clearly, you cannot just focus on how good a piece of gear is for you to determine its value, otherwise why would a discontinued l2 grey/white be worth so much?

It's so low level! You use it for all of like 10 minutes before you are way past its level and can find something wayyyy better than it!! L2 discontinued items are overpriced!! Those greedy people with the L2 discontinued items should sell them to me for like 100 gold because its really not even that good. Quit being so greedy folks, cuz I don't have the money to buy what I want and so I'm going to blame you for increasing the price due to greed.

slaveleia
05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
People still want it bad so its not overpriced. The sets are really good looking and terribly hard to drop or craft. There is still some hope tho....I just finished a Demonic Mace set just this week, it took me like a month I believe. So it takes some time to do. The main problem like ppl have said are the drop rate of Glyphic blade steels...it was frustrating when Nuris first came out...now its like a miracle when one drops! I did drop 2 out of dumb luck in the last month in the Lions Den...mainly you have to depend others to farm them & buy them out of the CS. It gets to be really expensive...Steels range from 300,000 (cheaper) to 400,000(about going rate) to outrageous 800,000! (don't think anyone purchased those :-/)

I did buy one dirt cheap when somebody listed one for 100,000!!! I was shocked seeing that...had to grab that quick. I don't believe its overpriced cause just the Imbued glyph setting takes 5 steels to create which is about 1.5 million gold right there. I actually sold one Imbued settings for 1.6 million...you never see those listed in the store. I bought 2 pieces of the mace set with that gold, the armor & helm both already crafted. Its actually cheaper to buy crafted demonic if its listed at a good price than trying to make one yourself.
But just saying that its still possible, takes patience...not easy lololz

Mothwing
05-14-2012, 05:57 PM
So increase the drop rate of glyphic blade steel. Problem solved.

Walkhardd
05-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Drops in nuri are EXTREMLY rare. Plus, nuris is a hard campaign. Thats why the prices are what they are. It's not greed, or anything else. Again, supply and demand.

slaveleia
05-14-2012, 06:09 PM
So increase the drop rate of glyphic blade steel. Problem solved.

That would be nice, but like most of these campaigns...the drop rate never gets increased that much. See...shadow caves, Mt. Fang for level 66s
Even when they sell big luck or bigger luck or luck elixirs, it doesn't really rain pinks

Mothwing
05-14-2012, 06:11 PM
That would be nice, but like most of these campaigns...the drop rate never gets increased that much. See...shadow caves, Mt. Fang for level 66s
Even when they sell big luck or bigger luck or luck elixirs, it doesn't really rain pinks

Crush the Keeper :D

Luvaria
05-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Overpriced. It's more expensive than the end game sets. How?? Because it looks cool? They're not even that much better than the regular sets. Besides the looks, idk why everybody likes them. I'd go with lilith any day.

Looks, yes. Also merchs probably merch them because its next to impossible to craft them without spending an insane amount of time farming glyph steel Dx
Also, I'm not holding onto mine because I'm greedy, I am because my 61 twink pvps... I have considered offers b4 but always much lower than what ik I can get, they're probably merchs. Again.

The whole nuri map & drop rate needs to be fixed (or atleast the crafting drop rate & mob strength)

I agree. I leveled two twinks there, and saw one drop. I think it was a 60 mimi wing .-.
My mage gets owned soloing Nuri more than Fang, and dies 99/100 of the time when dancing with Panto.

Noobified
05-15-2012, 03:02 AM
Here's the bottom line:

From the seller's perspective: The best price is the highest price the buyers willing to pay.

If Demonics are selling at the current prices, they are obviously not overpriced.

springtime
05-15-2012, 03:10 PM
If more dropped there, especially steel and it was easier to craft, then price would lower. So sts can do something...

Elitephonix
05-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Who says demonic is overpriced? That's your "OPINION" I think you learned that in 2nd grade?

All I need to do is this (puts on troll glasses)

1: Go naked

2: Go to C.S.

3: Say "Trading 3 66 accounts for a demonic glyph set"

4: Wait

5: Wait some more

6: Then when that one "knows it all" comes and says "report him he's a scammer"
You just say you want my account? To him

7: Once he gives you the glyph Give him well..."nothing"

8: Turn your device off

9: Go to forums and sell demonic for 9 mil

10: Next day demonic goes to 10 mil and you will be in the corner crying :p

~ Thank you for reading this useless thread for scamming a demonic set

(Takes troll glasses off)

The Flash
05-16-2012, 03:40 AM
There is lot of reasons why it priced so high. Also none of the items should be more then 1.5mil reguardless of anything as its only a normal campaign. Would be understanable if it was or is a elite campaign.

1. The campaign was out for less time then Sewers and Fang(only 2 other end game campaigns that can craft end game gear).
2. Low drop rate of Premium Pinks.
3. Campaign doesnt have quest to give material for free.
4. Sets look badazz (only Shadow Cave can compare to it).
5. Some people are greedy and hold them(not that big of a reason but still is).
6. Supply(low) and Demand(high).
7. Overhyped (like Lebron James and Jermy Lin).

Swords
05-16-2012, 07:59 AM
i thought that crafted stuff should be less expensive after new map came but instead, it kinda went higher! BTW: i see no poll?