PDA

View Full Version : DL vs PL pvp

wvhills
05-14-2012, 09:54 AM
hi all!
Have any of you guys tried pvp in DL? It's a blast! I've tried pvp in PL and didn't like it. In DL as soon as the game starts it's ffa and anything goes! In PL whenever you spawn you have to chit chat with everyone in there, then everyone has to say Go then you have to call out your specific target and wait for them to say go then after the fight everyone says GF and you have to say Go, etc all over again. I don't know if I'll ever go back to pvp in PL but if I do whenever you see me assume I've already said go because I'm going to be playing DL style! :)

ghost.mw
05-14-2012, 10:17 AM
That's because players made them not devs and they might do it in DL too,for me honestly I don't like fighting 2 at the same time cuz I will die for sure.

Sryyoulose
05-14-2012, 10:19 AM
I hate being double + teamed in both games. End of story.

wvhills
05-14-2012, 10:23 AM
i don't see anyway that death match or ctf in DL will ever change to PL style. Lol. I got 2 deaths in DM the first time by waiting and saying go. haha. After that I was like "yeah, this is more my kinda style!". Seriously though, there are some things you can do in DL to avoid getting double teamed. Zoom all the way out so you can see the whole map and watch the arrows, you can see where everyone is at. Also, rotate your map so you're always going up, that seems to give the widest field of vision. :)

StompArtist
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
I vote that anyone who tries to wait and say "GO" or any other unwritten rule following in DL shall be lynched mobbed by the community.

trixie
05-14-2012, 03:26 PM
I vote that anyone who tries to wait and say "GO" or any other unwritten rule following in DL shall be lynched mobbed by the community.

One of my favorite things about DL pvp is that it truly feels like pvp. The health pots around the board eliminate the need to call games. I love that these are truly all out brawls! I am so pleased with the whole set up of it in this game. This is my favorite part of DL.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

XghostzX
05-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Dark Legends PvP is easily the best kind of PvP for those who are tired of the same old PvP in PL. Whenever I get bored on PL, I just run into DL as my side game.

Appleisaac
05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
How did the "go" start in pvp? I dont understand how it could have possibly evolved from the FFA we usually play...

StompArtist
05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
How did the "go" start in pvp? I dont understand how it could have possibly evolved from the FFA we usually play...

I suspect people gave in to the argument "I was not ready, no fair!" and it went downhill from there.

Noodleleg
05-14-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't know about you, but I like Pocket Legends better. The "go" thing also could determine who's the better pvper. With DL and FFA, it's who has the most health and who has the fastest rush... Wait 'til you guys try Runescape... Dragon claws -Shift eyes-

StompArtist
05-14-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't know about you, but I like Pocket Legends better. The "go" thing also could determine who's the better pvper. With DL and FFA, it's who has the most health and who has the fastest rush... Wait 'til you guys try Runescape... Dragon claws -Shift eyes-

I disagree, health helps but I am attack/dps based and successful.

Otukura
05-14-2012, 08:47 PM
I hate being double + teamed in both games. End of story.

It's a team game bro.

birdmasta
05-14-2012, 08:49 PM
if u read the descriptions for every pvp map, youll know its a team game :) so... DL FTW

Livemau
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
IMO DL you like DL pvp because you are ot yet good enough for PL pvp and no one is really "amazing" yet in DL
I hated pvp when I started
Now its all I do because I learned that Shattering Scream Blast shot does nothing by itself heres a pic of my old skill setup10824

There is no logic in the way I arranged this

birdmasta
05-14-2012, 09:09 PM
IMO DL you like DL pvp because you are ot yet good enough for PL pvp and no one is really "amazing" yet in DL
I hated pvp when I started
Now its all I do because I learned that Shattering Scream Blast shot does nothing by itself heres a pic of my old skill setup10824

There is no logic in the way I arranged this

are u saying i aint good? i own in the 30-33 bird pvp division. u aint even famous for endgame. MOST FAMOUS ENDGAMERS: kanital, imkelly, cosmicxghost, etc.

Noodleleg
05-14-2012, 09:22 PM
are u saying i aint good? i own in the 30-33 bird pvp division. u aint even famous for endgame. MOST FAMOUS ENDGAMERS: kanital, imkelly, cosmicxghost, etc.

Adam, Kelly, Will...
Wtf Matt's always supposed to be on that list!1!1!1!!!!!!!1!!!1!1!1111!!!

StompArtist
05-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh the PL "elite" is telling us we have to play until we are.good enough to enjoy it... lol Call me crazy but if it ain't fun the first 5 minutes I ain't playin'.

birdmasta
05-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Adam, Kelly, Will...
Wtf Matt's always supposed to be on that list!1!1!1!!!!!!!1!!!1!1!1111!!!

Matt? idk any irl names from this game... im guessing thats u :banana:

Kanitall
05-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Matt? idk any irl names from this game... im guessing thats u :banana:

Nah matt is xazic

wvhills
05-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Idk why but I've always associated pvp with paintball, haha. Maybe it's because I've played ctf in paintball, idk? When I play paintball I don't point out a target and say "Go", wait for him to say "Go" then start. If he runs out of paint or his gun jams I don't give him a timeout (much the same as waiting for the person to buff). As soon as the game starts I run and hide, try to sneak up behind whoever I can and then blast the crap out of them. If they are out of paint or their gun has jammed that's even better because I can then take them out without any danger to myself.

And to whoever said I like playing this way because I'm not skilled enough to play PL then I say this- maybe part of my skill is sneaking up on people indian style. Others just need to develop their awareness skill and they won't be able to be rushed or snuck up on.

Livemau
05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
I wasnt exactly insulting you but just saying that you pvp is something you have to be good at to enjoy.
I first pvped at lvl 13 the cap was 55
Didnt return till 66

StompArtist
05-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Idk why but I've always associated pvp with paintball, haha. Maybe it's because I've played ctf in paintball, idk? When I play paintball I don't point out a target and say "Go", wait for him to say "Go" then start. If he runs out of paint or his gun jams I don't give him a timeout (much the same as waiting for the person to buff). As soon as the game starts I run and hide, try to sneak up behind whoever I can and then blast the crap out of them. If they are out of paint or their gun has jammed that's even better because I can then take them out without any danger to myself.

And to whoever said I like playing this way because I'm not skilled enough to play PL then I say this- maybe part of my skill is sneaking up on people indian style. Others just need to develop their awareness skill and they won't be able to be rushed or snuck up on.

I would LOVE to play paintball with folks that yell go and wait there for someone to reply. :-D

birdmasta
05-16-2012, 10:05 PM
I wasnt exactly insulting you but just saying that you pvp is something you have to be good at to enjoy.
I first pvped at lvl 13 the cap was 55
Didnt return till 66

i do enjoy it -.- or else y would i play... can u think then talk??? i mean to play a game for a long time u have to enjoy it...-.-