PDA

View Full Version : Paying Gold for Pvp Kills

The Untamed
06-09-2021, 12:12 PM
Since I've seen people paying for rare bosses, I'm wondering if it's illegal to buy pvp kills. Can a developer answer please?

P.S. I don't want drama, I just want an answer

Thank you in advance

-[emoji195]

𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 ℕ𝔸𝕊𝔸 𝕓𝕪 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕟 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕣

Encryptions
06-09-2021, 12:14 PM
Shouldn't be illegal to do since bosses are exactly the same just killing a player instead of a boss.
Its better to make an alt and kill it just don't bot/macro it.

The Untamed
06-09-2021, 12:17 PM
Shouldn't be illegal to do since bosses are exactly the same just killing a player instead of a boss.
Its better to make an alt and kill it just don't bot/macro it.Thank you for your answer. And I don't have any account that's worth ruining for kills[emoji23]

𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 ℕ𝔸𝕊𝔸 𝕓𝕪 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕟 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕣

Kolpertis_333
06-09-2021, 12:22 PM
Its not against TOS, but the problem is finding People, hardly anyone would agree to ruin their kdr and spend weeks of their life for a couple million, its Best to make an alt and kill it over and over again, seems like a lot of work but when you think about it you can get to 76 in like 3-4 days if you start on double xp

Poslano sa mog VOG-L29 koristeći Tapatalk

Ilove_Poopoo
06-09-2021, 12:25 PM
Does that make name selling legal then? A genuine question.

Since neither name selling and boss/pvp kills fit in the trade window, and both are susceptible to scams.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Saint Jaffo
06-09-2021, 12:40 PM

Since neither name selling and boss/pvp kills fit in the trade window, and both are susceptible to scams.

Good question. I’ve never seen people selling names for gold, which is the case for bosses.

Switchback
06-09-2021, 01:04 PM
I doubt anyone would get banned for it although im sure its technically "illegal".

Oakmaiden
06-09-2021, 03:58 PM
It’s the saddest story I’ve read today.....

QuaseT
06-09-2021, 04:35 PM
It’s the saddest story I’ve read today.....He might asked bc he saw people offering it in town and doesnt know if a report is appropriate.

Idk if its allowed.

Spooked
06-09-2021, 06:21 PM

As former friend of several “name traders” i can say very certainly say yes, it is bannable

Ilove_Poopoo
06-09-2021, 06:47 PM
As former friend of several “name traders” i can say very certainly say yes, it is bannableI can see why since it clearly states in their terms of service.

But since they don't ban other means.. such as boss/pvp sellers, which share the same principle as name selling (don't fit the trade window, thus prone in being scammed) then it contradicts their own regulations - making it less credible, increasing uncertainty amongst everyone until everyone follows through since it is not enforced.

I guess it can be rooted from how broad their regulations are.

Undershooting
06-09-2021, 06:50 PM
I mean most players I’ve met with 10k have farmed their way up there, so I doubt it, don’t even know why it’s part of aps

Nocturnus
06-09-2021, 11:44 PM
The question would be why this 10k of pvp is still 1 aps?
Most players don't do pvp, you can check by going to their totally empty maps.
Already before the pvp was dead, then they took honor pvp with lb, and on top of it their kills do not count. It is almost impossible to do this aps without paying, look for friends who let themselves be killed, or look for another device with another account to kill oneself, the last thing seems a little illegal.
Anyway +1 to eliminate these pvp aps or revive the pvp with one normal pvp lb.
Thanks anyway.

Spooked
06-10-2021, 04:15 AM
I can see why since it clearly states in their terms of service.

But since they don't ban other means.. such as boss/pvp sellers, which share the same principle as name selling (don't fit the trade window, thus prone in being scammed) then it contradicts their own regulations - making it less credible, increasing uncertainty amongst everyone until everyone follows through since it is not enforced.

I guess it can be rooted from how broad their regulations are.

I agree, but personally i believe selling names is a whole new caliber.
Ive seen many names go for 40-100M which is a world of difference compared to 10k for 3 pvp deaths
It does seem StS has alot of double standards but i can also see why in alot of cases.

Avaree
06-10-2021, 05:28 AM
I agree, but personally i believe selling names is a whole new caliber.
Ive seen many names go for 40-100M which is a world of difference compared to 10k for 3 pvp deaths
It does seem StS has alot of double standards but i can also see why in alot of cases.

The cost difference should not make or break a ban, maybe STS should re-write their ToS for better understanding maybe …

Oakmaiden
06-10-2021, 06:41 AM
He might asked bc he saw people offering it in town and doesnt know if a report is appropriate.

Idk if its allowed.

Wether or not it’s allowed wasn’t my point. Paying for kills or getting paid to die is simply pathetic.....

Spooked
06-10-2021, 07:12 AM
The cost difference should not make or break a ban, maybe STS should re-write their ToS for better understanding maybe …

Thats why i agreed with him…
All im saying is i dont blame them for having these double standards, wether its right or wrong is not for us to decide.
Personally i do not see both offenses in the same light.
I could think of some lame analogy but id rather leave it as it is, my point has been made i feel like.

I do disagree on the “pathetic” part.
Pvp kills are still counting toward APS, which people run each season.
if this wasnt the case, i would have shared the same opinion but legitimately earning 10K pvp kills in a single season while also grinding your balls off running elite aps? Not possible unless you bot since pvp is not that popping anymore