PDA

View Full Version : paladin

Raxie
08-17-2010, 12:04 AM
imo, i think paladins are the best race for pvp.
they can heal whenever and have great spells. however, in pve, they aren't that good. can someone give me a logical answer for this? on my warrior, i can solo djinn without taking potion but on my paladin, i have to consistently heal and drink potions even when i debuffed djinn and buffed myself.
anyone know why? i think it has something to do with the djinn having lots of hp but i can't understand it.

DawnInfinity
08-17-2010, 12:36 AM
I don't have that problem when I fight djinn that often. Do you use 3 thoth / 1 isis or another build?

FluffNStuff
08-17-2010, 12:40 AM
I don't have that problem when I fight djinn that often. Do you use 3 thoth / 1 isis or another build?

Do you solo the Djinn with your paladin?

Raxie
08-17-2010, 02:05 AM
no, i prefer all thoth. should i try 3 thoth and 1 isis?

Raxie
08-17-2010, 02:43 AM
is it better than all thoth?
also, the weapon should be the isis one, right?

Snakespeare
08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
You know, I was told it would be unwise to level as a paladin. I suppose it is true, but I am having a great time! My 11th level paladin has done one set of quests and is off one the next set. It doesn't die much. Only 4 times so far.

So, I think, in PvE, they are good, but you have to develop your technique on the fly, since there's no strategy discussed on the messageboard. What's to discuss, really? Just make sure to get your self-combo working ASAP and your Restore as high as possible.

I think it's what one values. I am inclined to odd things, so for me levelling a pally is fun. Maybe it's a bit of a challenge, too, but mostly it's fun.

I mean, seriously, since I can do anything an Enchantress can do, except use her weapon, and I get better armor, a shield, and fast sword, my pally does actually take out more NPCs than other characters at the same level.

FluffNStuff
08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
You know, I was told it would be unwise to level as a paladin. I suppose it is true, but I am having a great time! My 11th level paladin has done one set of quests and is off one the next set. It doesn't die much. Only 4 times so far.

So, I think, in PvE, they are good, but you have to develop your technique on the fly, since there's no strategy discussed on the messageboard. What's to discuss, really? Just make sure to get your self-combo working ASAP and your Restore as high as possible.

I think it's what one values. I am inclined to odd things, so for me levelling a pally is fun. Maybe it's a bit of a challenge, too, but mostly it's fun.

I mean, seriously, since I can do anything an Enchantress can do, except use her weapon, and I get better armor, a shield, and fast sword, my pally does actually take out more NPCs than other characters at the same level.

Leveling a paladin is definitely fun and they are quite powerful, but it is still considered unwise. The reason for this is it will get SUPER expensive in LE on up, especially the swamps. The reason is you are burning spells at the same rate as a mage but don't even have their measly 3 m/s base, and there is no good m/s equipment till 35. If you don't mind the expense, then it should be fun. Personally I had to quit the paladin because I can't stand a melee weapon with out becon. I am far to lazy to walk over to what I want to kill.

DawnInfinity
08-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Do you solo the Djinn with your paladin?

Not often. But I find myself the only person fighting the Djinn at times when I'm with a bad farming team who target fails.

Snakespeare
08-17-2010, 04:45 PM
offtopic, but,

Hey Fluff! Sorry my iPad ran outa juice just when we started PvE together. Another time? :)

on topic... Emorin wil be a twink, so I will stop levelling him at 19th, so, of course, no mired-in-swamps problem for him.

Raxie
08-17-2010, 08:37 PM
this is partly true because in lower levels bosses aren't that hard but once you get to alien oasis bosses they are quite hard to take down by yourself. also there are no debuffs in the lower stages of the game, unlike mummies in alien oasis. they 'poison' you which makes your health and mana decrease.

Not often. But I find myself the only person fighting the Djinn at times when I'm with a bad farming team who target fails.
i know exactly what you mean...

Kingofhurtz
08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Leveling a paladin is definitely fun and they are quite powerful, but it is still considered unwise. The reason for this is it will get SUPER expensive in LE on up, especially the swamps. The reason is you are burning spells at the same rate as a mage but don't even have their measly 3 m/s base, and there is no good m/s equipment till 35. If you don't mind the expense, then it should be fun. Personally I had to quit the paladin because I can't stand a melee weapon with out becon. I am far to lazy to walk over to what I want to kill.

I definitely see where you're coming from with expenses. I mustve spent at least 10k on potionsp lvls 1-35, probably more...
Also, goXu, I also have that problem with my paladin dying a lot more than I think it should. Almost as much as my archer! The only reason I can think of is that a warrior starts off the game with more of a strength base...but I'm not sure