PDA

View Full Version : Level 56 bird guide part 1 (Kiting)

SuperGotenks
05-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Ok. People have been asking for a level 56 bird guide. I will do one for you right now.

Tip #1: The Kiting Strategy
NOTE: This strategy may or may not work best with mages. It definetly works best with pallys.
Ok. I use this strategy maybe half of the time with my crossbow.
RECOMMENDED: Either a crossbow that can hit good crits, or a bagmans gemstone auto-bow if you can't afford it.
So you are versing someone, let's say an archer, what should you do?
Well. You should start off either 10-13 meters from your target. Now, do as I say: your opponent gets close to you, stay within your crossbow range, and repulse. (If you miss, run farther back and try again) This is very important to repulse first because it will deal at least 100-200 damage to your opponent. (I recommend you have 6 heal for this strategy) Now, your opponent will likely root, or blast you first. Repulse, heal, and avian scream if needed. I highly recommend healing because you will most likely be full. Then, your opponent comes back into your kiting range, blast, blind, and repulse. (I would recommend using level 56 glyph crossbows or level 55 custom auto-bow sets) You will most likely kill them. This strategy also works best with bears. Kite them into your range, don't worry if the beckon hits you, just repulse and heal. Get them into your bows range (about 13 meters) and root them. Heal and avian scream. (you can't root at 13m so you might want to get closer)
Kiters vs Kiters:
Now, this will be an unusually LONG battle...consisting of 30-60 seconds. Now, you will decide to die or to end it. Do NOT rush in or you will die. Dont lose your patience during the fight. (I've had this happen to me before) stay calm, repulse, heal if necessary, and keep getting your blasts or blinds onto them. Eventually you will find a position where you know your opponent is dead.
My build for kiting: 6 focus, 5 avian scream, 6 evasion, 6 blind, 6 blast, 6 heal, 6 break, 6 repulse 1 shattering scream, 6 thorn root, 1 thorn wall.

I did this late at night so part two is coming soon. Hope you all enjoyed.
Cheers :)

fuzzylazer
05-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Ok. People have been asking for a level 56 bird guide. I will do one for you right now.

Tip #1: The Kiting Strategy
NOTE: This strategy may or may not work best with mages. It definetly works best with pallys.
Ok. I use this strategy maybe half of the time with my crossbow.
RECOMMENDED: Either a crossbow that can hit good crits, or a bagmans gemstone auto-bow if you can't afford it.
So you are versing someone, let's say an archer, what should you do?
Well. You should start off either 8-10 meters from your target. Now, do as I say: your opponent gets close to you, stay within your crossbow range, and repulse. (If you miss, run farther back and try again) This is very important to repulse first because it will deal at least 100-200 damage to your opponent. (I recommend you have 6 heal for this strategy) Now, your opponent will likely root, or blast you first. Repulse, heal, and avian scream if needed. I highly recommend healing because you will most likely be full. Then, your opponent comes back into your kiting range, blast, blind, and repulse. (I would recommend using level 56 glyph crossbows or level 55 custom auto-bow sets) You will most likely kill them. This strategy also works best with bears. Kite them into your range, don't worry if the beckon hits you, just repulse and heal. Get them into your bows range (about 9 meters) and root them. Heal and avian scream.
Kiters vs Kiters:
Now, this will be an unusually LONG battle...consisting of 30-60 seconds. Now, you will decide to die or to end it. Do NOT rush in or you will die. Dont lose your patience during the fight. (I've had this happen to me before) stay calm, repulse, heal if necessary, and keep getting your blasts or blinds onto them. Eventually you will find a position where you know your opponent is dead.
My build for kiting: 6 focus, 5 avian scream, 6 evasion, 6 blind, 6 blast, 6 heal, 6 break, 6 repulse 1 shattering scream, 6 thorn root, 1 thorn wall.

I did this late at night so part two is coming soon. Hope you all enjoyed.
Cheers :)

You do know the archer's restore is a 15sec cool down right...?

SuperGotenks
05-15-2012, 01:19 AM
You do know the archer's restore is a 15sec cool down right...?
That's why I mentioned keeping back In your range.

Gaunab
05-15-2012, 03:18 AM
Actually, the art of kiting is to nail a 13m kite with an xbow. Greater range then any skill.

Try to get them at 13m, let them waste a few skills and then combo yourself.

fuzzylazer
05-15-2012, 06:48 AM
That's why I mentioned keeping back In your range.
15 seconds would go past that quick...

SuperGotenks
05-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Actually, the art of kiting is to nail a 13m kite with an xbow. Greater range then any skill.

Try to get them at 13m, let them waste a few skills and then combo yourself.

You can only get that range with a glyph auto-crossbow. I use it. Works for me. I would just repulse if they got to close to me, so it would most likely be repulse+auto with (fire proc) would do an additionally 250-300 damage.

Gaunab
05-15-2012, 09:53 AM
You can only get that range with a glyph auto-crossbow. I use it. Works for me. I would just repulse if they got to close to me, so it would most likely be repulse+auto with (fire proc) would do an additionally 250-300 damage.

All the cross-/auto-bows have 13m range. ;)

Sryyoulose
05-15-2012, 10:58 AM
All the cross-/auto-bows have 13m range. ;)

Yeah, no offense gottenks your gr8 at all lvls of pvp but your guide writing skills are lacking :/

Elitephonix
05-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Lol @sryyoulose

Super your Repusle will not likely kill another archer when you run back the opponent runs at you and then he has advantage of 1st skill launch bc of your cool down which then ofc they will be range lags and what you see is maybe 13 m but they see it as 10 m and they root you. Then it's bye bye birdie from thete

Elitephonix
05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Instead of using blast shot I would use break blind Repusle. I Do so because if my Repusle misses I can root which causing -30 dodge then cruel combo them or just use blast shot if you want it over wih fast

Noodleleg
05-15-2012, 04:19 PM
If I get my hands on a few glyph items I'll make a guide =p

SuperGotenks
05-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Lol @sryyoulose

Super your Repusle will not likely kill another archer when you run back the opponent runs at you and then he has advantage of 1st skill launch bc of your cool down which then ofc they will be range lags and what you see is maybe 13 m but they see it as 10 m and they root you. Then it's bye bye birdie from thete that's why you run, wait for cool down of repulse, and repulse again, heal, and avian scream

SuperGotenks
05-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Sorry guys if this didn't help :/. Its my first guide, but I'll try to remake it :)

Elitephonix
05-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Have you thought that the other person can run also? And I'm sorry if I was to harsh didn't know this was your first guild

SuperGotenks
05-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Have you thought that the other person can run also? And I'm sorry if I was to harsh didn't know this was your first guild

Hehe np bro :)

Buffedbear Pl
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Try adding some pictures :)

SuperGotenks
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Try adding some pictures :)

Idk how I'm barely on forums

birdmasta
05-15-2012, 11:19 PM
overall pretty good. tips: the high heal not always necessary if u have 20-24 hp regen and up. i use 1 since my mana regen is bad, but thats my choice :D.
try some titles and make them in bold or underline or colorful. (this is what i do. intro of guide in bold, underline titles each different section, make words inside section colorful to let it appeal the reader's eyes)

SuperGotenks
05-16-2012, 12:54 AM
overall pretty good. tips: the high heal not always necessary if u have 20-24 hp regen and up. i use 1 since my mana regen is bad, but thats my choice :D.
try some titles and make them in bold or underline or colorful. (this is what i do. intro of guide in bold, underline titles each different section, make words inside section colorful to let it appeal the reader's eyes)

Yes but 6 heal will get you from half to full. The cool down is not very long as well.

fuzzylazer
05-16-2012, 12:59 AM
If I get my hands on a few glyph items I'll make a guide =p
lol.

birdmasta
05-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Yes but 6 heal will get you from half to full. The cool down is not very long as well.

i dont think u need that much heal considering ur 13m range away so u got time on ur side :) well just my idea

Buffedbear Pl
05-16-2012, 09:22 PM

My fights last around 1 second when I vs. a bird. 5 seconds tops if either of us kite. But that's just me.

Mothwing
05-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I got what i needed out of it. :) Thanks for the guide.

SuperGotenks
05-16-2012, 11:48 PM
I got what i needed out of it. :) Thanks for the guide.