PDA

View Full Version : Wrong side of town Tournie?? (idea)

AbsolutePally
05-15-2012, 11:58 AM
We all have seen how the brackets work, they are separated into quarters. Usually you play one person to advance, then winner of the one next to you. with that said you can get lucky and potentially avoid certain players.
Well what I propose is having to play every person in your area (quarter) the player with the most wins advances after having played everyone once. For example if there are 8 people in your quarter you play then at any available time, in no particular order. If you 7/8 matches (say you just couldn't beat that one guy) and that is the highest percentage, you go one to play the guy who did the same on your side. But best of 3.
Final 4 get prizes, winner of all gets the most.
All classes would be allowed.

Suggestions, questions, additions please comment.

Zeus
05-15-2012, 01:24 PM
This tourney would be heavily advantaged to birds and elves, just an observation.

Elitephonix
05-15-2012, 02:01 PM
I agree with the Greek god it would be a BIG "NO NO FOR BEARS"

Ixillicus
05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
The idea of a tourney that follows something closer to a round-robin format does mean that the winner is less likely to be based on luck, but I feel that it also means the tournament would take a while to complete. It's an interesting idea, but I personally think this kind of system is best for ladders.

AbsolutePally
05-15-2012, 02:16 PM
There is round robin style :) I could utilize that.

Some classes do have an advantage over others, but you can choose the style and build you use.
It may take a while to complete but 1/1s from experience they go off wout a hitch.

Zeus
05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Crap, misunderstood the tourney entirely, was reading quickly during my AP test since I finished, haha.

Umm, reconsidering... I actually like the idea!

Swimmingstar
05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Good idea but sounds like it takes a while.

AbsolutePally
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Good idea but sounds like it takes a while.

It won't take awhile. Reason things do is BC some matches hold up others. If the incentive is most wins then highest % people will get in matches.

Otukura
05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
It won't take awhile. Reason things do is BC some matches hold up others. If the incentive is most wins then highest % people will get in matches.

Sounds like this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29193-DTF-s-1-on-1-down-to-fight-point-based-lvl-50-and-up-tournament!

Actually really liked that idea, because it wasn't just wins there, but also losses iirc.

AbsolutePally
05-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Sounds like this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29193-DTF-s-1-on-1-down-to-fight-point-based-lvl-50-and-up-tournament!

Actually really liked that idea, because it wasn't just wins there, but also losses iirc.

This was an early ambitious attempt (failed ha) but ty :)

the main issue i'm trying to avoid is people signing up and not following through. That effects everyone.

Swimmingstar
05-15-2012, 06:34 PM
This was an early ambitious attempt (failed ha) but ty :)

the main issue i'm trying to avoid is people signing up and not following through. That effects everyone.

That's why I said it could take a long time. :)

Walkhardd
05-15-2012, 06:41 PM

Wth were you guys talking about the expansion of blackstar? Isn't that sl? O.o..I'm confused.

AbsolutePally
05-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Wth were you guys talking about the expansion of blackstar? Isn't that sl? O.o..I'm confused.

Ok confused too now, thanks Walk