PDA

View Full Version : Calling all expert merchers :-)

Nick41324
05-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Now I need a few merching tips. Im not saying i dont know how to merch... but i dont know how to merch, if that makes sense :-D

I am fairly good at buying low and selling high, but i dont understand how people can stand in cs for 1+hours merching. Within about 5 mins, i cant find anything to buy, so i run off and go pvp.

What exactly are the steps you follow when you go to cs and merch for more than 15mins (if you even have a ritual).

Sryyoulose
05-15-2012, 02:19 PM
first i go check cs for up to 2k. People switch items through accounts for around 2k. Ive made maybe 700k off this and doesnt take long.

Next i find my items of the week. i buy them out and sell them.

And just check offers on other people around bfc.

Elitephonix
05-15-2012, 02:21 PM
That first one is a good idea.

LwMark
05-15-2012, 02:39 PM
What do u mean about switch accounts for 2k i dnt understand

The Flash
05-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow you dont know it really good for making money.

Swimmingstar
05-15-2012, 02:55 PM

I don't understand either...

I usually stay for around 10-15 minutes, taking in sales buying some stuff reselling, finding deals.

LwMark
05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
well then can you explain it please

Walkhardd
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Everyone has their own style. Mine depends on how much time I have.

If I have lots of time, my normal routine is to start with searching endgame gear (crafted then the non set items) and work my way down all the way to level 5 armors.

Something like :

-Filter crafted min level 65
-only 63
-only 61
-60 glyph obe,strongman, charmin
-55 sets
-death, shadow, hate
-45-47 fate, fortune, destiny
-41-43
-37-39
-voodoo,copper, swamp
-30-34
-25 sets
-15 armors
-doom weapons
-5 armors

Also, specific items like winter, fiend, etc.

You can see how you can spend lots of time, as this is not all I do..lol

kiitz
05-15-2012, 05:07 PM
What you do is buy a giant server for a couple hundred thousand dollars, then you program a self-aware AI to automatically search the CS for good deals. It will probably take about 1000 man hours of programming to put together a good algorithm to check all prices, forecast how many players are currently farming these items and also crunch the data to see when the new expansion is coming out based on twitter feeds, forum posts and facebook posts. After that its easy, you just let your self-aware AI automatically buy at good deals, calculate the optimal sales price and relist. Just be careful if the AI starts wanting to build other merching machines, because its probably secretly trying to build up an army of robots to take over the world. If a beefy Austrian guy shows up at your door naked telling you he needs to protect you and that he will return shortly, all is probably lost.

imaddictedtoPL
05-15-2012, 05:19 PM
well then can you explain it please

Ok say u have 2 accs and only 1 eletroniv thingy to play pl and u want an item on one of the accs to the other one. So lets say u have the item on acc 1 an want it on acc 2. You list the item u want in cs for around 1-5k or somthin so u can go on acc 2 and buy it so acc 2 ends up with the item. But its too ilate because i bought it.

EDIT: i think >.>.......right?

kiitz
05-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Ok say u have 2 accs and only 1 eletroniv thingy to play pl and u want an item on one of the accs to the other one. So lets say u have the item on acc 1 an want it on acc 2. You list the item u want in cs for around 1-5k or somthin so u can go on acc 2 and buy it so acc 2 ends up with the item. But its too ilate because i bought it.

EDIT: i think >.>.......right?

Thats an awful way to transfer items. Almost everyone has a computer. Just open 2 instances of PL on chrome and you are good to go. I would be surprised if you have an iphone, android phone, ipad or whatever and do not have a computer.

Swimmingstar
05-15-2012, 06:01 PM
What you do is buy a giant server for a couple hundred thousand dollars, then you program a self-aware AI to automatically search the CS for good deals. It will probably take about 1000 man hours of programming to put together a good algorithm to check all prices, forecast how many players are currently farming these items and also crunch the data to see when the new expansion is coming out based on twitter feeds, forum posts and facebook posts. After that its easy, you just let your self-aware AI automatically buy at good deals, calculate the optimal sales price and relist. Just be careful if the AI starts wanting to build other merching machines, because its probably secretly trying to build up an army of robots to take over the world. If a beefy Austrian guy shows up at your door naked telling you he needs to protect you and that he will return shortly, all is probably lost.

Then you buy a zillion auction slots. And you make a bunch of money after all that. No more spending on merching! Just have to claim gold. You could make a billion in an hour once everything is set, transfer gold to other accounts, etc. How do you make all that money back and get more to spend more? Take the algorithms and edit them but use them for high frequency trading on the stock market. Viola! Rich in game and in real life! Sounds easy eh?

Swimmingstar
05-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh. Now I get it, he meant check cs items with prices of under 2k.

PL_Keaton96
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
These are the steps i usually make to success:

1. You will need to have about 500k-1Mil.
2. Spam chat saying i'm buying all Winterfest and level 5-10 twink gear for 50% off. (say that it is quick cash)
3. When i get the items, if i do, i either put them in cs or spam the chat.
4. Just continue this process until you stack up a great amount of gold.

Hope this helps yhu out bro :)

Swimmingstar
05-15-2012, 06:13 PM
How do you put pictures in chat? Or food?

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=spam&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1CHMO_enUS482US482&biw=1024&bih=705&tbm=isch&tbnid=_n-hXxPvyJSFWM:&imgrefurl=http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/spam.html&docid=QywJCzM8vhnGAM&imgurl=http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/gifs/spam.gif&w=284&h=288&ei=dOOyT9CON4T-8ASE8qzSCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=94&vpy=174&dur=1564&hovh=226&hovw=223&tx=117&ty=143&sig=115911793762205672436&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=130&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:153

kiitz
05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Then you buy a zillion auction slots. And you make a bunch of money after all that. No more spending on merching! Just have to claim gold. You could make a billion in an hour once everything is set, transfer gold to other accounts, etc. How do you make all that money back and get more to spend more? Take the algorithms and edit them but use them for high frequency trading on the stock market. Viola! Rich in game and in real life! Sounds easy eh?

Just remember to stop the AI from taking over the world

Swimmingstar
05-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Just remember to stop the AI from taking over the world

Lol, yep, this too, it could get pricey in game also since you have to buy so many auction slots, and get plat, and make new characters, and transfer gold...

TEOKILLO
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
ok the steps to merching...

1. You need about 9999999 gold
2. Only buy from cs
3. Make it so it's listed for most expensive on top
4. Buy the most expensive item
5. Resell at cheapest price!!

Hope this helped!!!:triumphant:

Nick41324
05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Everyone has their own style. Mine depends on how much time I have.

If I have lots of time, my normal routine is to start with searching endgame gear (crafted then the non set items) and work my way down all the way to level 5 armors.

Something like :

-Filter crafted min level 65
-only 63
-only 61
-60 glyph obe,strongman, charmin
-55 sets
-death, shadow, hate
-45-47 fate, fortune, destiny
-41-43
-37-39
-voodoo,copper, swamp
-30-34
-25 sets
-15 armors
-doom weapons
-5 armors

Also, specific items like winter, fiend, etc.

You can see how you can spend lots of time, as this is not all I do..lol
mehh.. most L45 AO3 pinks are trash now. I'm finding it hard to sell a wand that sold for 80k before the farming up date, for only 10k. i still remember the prices of items when i was a merch back around halloween :D
most fate L45 sold for around 75-90k, Doom bows sold for like 170k all day, cosmos wand sets were around 300k....

Entertaining
05-16-2012, 04:15 PM
If your goal is to find players who are skilled at merchanting, perhaps have the title say calling all expert merchants. Im not sure what a mercher is. In all seriousness though these are all pretty good tips. Except teokillos. When it comes to holiday items go for low levels, steer clear of rabbit ears, and farm between big merches when you fill up alot of CS slots and have no items or money.