PDA

View Full Version : Nerf mephisto in pvp

Wap
06-14-2021, 10:22 PM
Can you guys please run some tests on mephisto arcane ability and possibly nerf it? It literally makes a rogue survive 4 combos then 1 shot the other rogue. It takes all skill out of the game you just press a button and turn into superman. Not only that it’s pretty much a necessity and costs like 80m how will this encourage players to pvp at all? Please at least just run some tests on the ability in pvp and decide whether it’s balanced. Procs are annoying at 76 but meph and push pets basically ruin pvp at every other zone too.

swoutttt
06-14-2021, 11:02 PM
Mephisto exists for so long and now u want to nerf it? It's not that anything changed. Used to cost around 5m so every player could have bought one.

Wap
06-14-2021, 11:03 PM
Mephisto exists for so long and now u want to nerf it? It's not that anything changed. Used to cost around 5m so every player could have bought one.

Doesn’t matter how long it’s existed or how much it used to cost the pet is broken and needs a nerf lol. Have you tried it in pvp? No way you think it’s balanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldous
06-14-2021, 11:18 PM
Another day, another complaint towards mephisto rogues how fancy! why is no one ever complaining about dozer axe's 100% proc "chance" in 1 single attack mhmmm but that's besides the point,

Why even bother doing pvp at all if you don't have the "necessities" then when u lose u head straight to the forums asking for a nerf towards a pet that apparently everyone's been sleeping on for years? Get yourself one! Eye for an eye sheeeesh simple as that.

Tchrwitch
06-14-2021, 11:30 PM
+1 The Detail on Aa Skill Effect is not that Accurate or give the exact information on the effect it could gives.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Wap
06-14-2021, 11:35 PM
Another day, another complaint towards mephisto rogues how fancy! why is no one ever complaining about dozer axe's 100% proc "chance" in 1 single attack mhmmm but that's besides the point,

Why even bother doing pvp at all if you don't have the "necessities" then when u lose u head straight to the forums asking for a nerf towards a pet that apparently everyone's been sleeping on for years? Get yourself one! Eye for an eye sheeeesh simple as that.

Lol i have meph its just broken and needs a nerf. Don’t reply if you don’t pvp thx

Aldous
06-14-2021, 11:38 PM
Lol i have meph its just broken and needs a nerf. Don’t reply if you don’t pvp thx

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOh I pvp too, and is using a mephisto :0 and I don't see anything broken with it. Seriously ya'll gotta stop crying over a cat.

Wap
06-14-2021, 11:38 PM
Oh I pvp too, and is using a mephisto :0 and I don't see anything broken with it. Seriously ya'll gotta stop crying over a cat.

No one is crying, theres something broken in a game i play and im giving feedback. Am i not allowed to?

Pulaxgang
06-15-2021, 01:53 AM
Oh I pvp too, and is using a mephisto :0 and I don't see anything broken with it. Seriously ya'll gotta stop crying over a cat.

You most likely PvP in 76. And for that you have no idea how op it is in lower pvp zones. It 110% broken. So you shouldn’t be so close minded on what other people complain about. The guy who made this post will absolutely destroy you in clash, and have you posting the same thing.

I’ve test and recorded, in 61. To where I had 0 armor with only meph buff. Surviving a full combo from a mage with 2.9k dmg with 40% hp left.
I also survive a tank with 4.2k dmg, 15% hp left with only 700 armor.

tonyxstark
06-15-2021, 01:53 AM
Nothing will be nerfed.. if u can't get a mephisto then go honor pvp.. best for u

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

sellbuy
06-15-2021, 02:05 AM
Can you guys please run some tests on mephisto arcane ability and possibly nerf it? It literally makes a rogue survive 4 combos then 1 shot the other rogue. It takes all skill out of the game you just press a button and turn into superman. Not only that it’s pretty much a necessity and costs like 80m how will this encourage players to pvp at all? Please at least just run some tests on the ability in pvp and decide whether it’s balanced. Procs are annoying at 76 but meph and push pets basically ruin pvp at every other zone too.

Just wondering why purge's youtube channels full of videos farming precise and useless Wap cant tank :D I guess problem is not about mephisto, try learn game, "PVP" player... if you played (sucked) long time in pvp it means nothing about your knowledge and expierence in pvp, good luck and have fun :)

Nothing will be nerfed.. if u can't get a mephisto then go honor pvp.. best for u

The best advice for useless "pvp" players who cant afford good pets or gears, wish poor Wap will learn something :(

Wap
06-15-2021, 02:08 AM

Ironic, thx 4 ur advice tho pro! Maybe i should try this honor out. Who said i didn’t have meph? I simply said its broken & needs a nerf

Wap
06-15-2021, 02:11 AM
Just wondering why purge's youtube channels full of videos farming precise and useless Wap cant tank :D I guess problem is not about mephisto, try learn game, "PVP" player... if you played (sucked) long time in pvp it means nothing about your knowledge and expierence in pvp, good luck and have fun :)

You’re speaking on a topic you know nothing of. In some cases it’s simply better to just stay quiet, but if you really want this discussion I’d be happy to have it :)

Wap
06-15-2021, 02:15 AM
You most likely PvP in 76. And for that you have no idea how op it is in lower pvp zones. It 110% broken. So you shouldn’t be so close minded on what other people complain about. The guy who made this post will absolutely destroy you in clash, and have you posting the same thing.

I’ve test and recorded, in 61. To where I had 0 armor with only meph buff. Surviving a full combo from a mage with 2.9k dmg with 40% hp left.
I also survive a tank with 4.2k dmg, 15% hp left with only 700 armor.

Exactly this. A 5 year old kid could tell that meph is completely broken and needs a nerf, but these “pvp” players who can’t provide a name think that an ability that allows a rogue to live 4 combos then one shot the opponent is balanced. Funny tbh lmao

Encryptions
06-15-2021, 02:19 AM
I usually don't mind meph in pvp but it really just makes pvp a paintball game. First rog to hit wins, had many cases in 76 pvp I have jugger on + glow aa and I am still one shot by a 35k+ crit.
If you think I am bad in pvp feel free to send me a duel invite.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Wap
06-15-2021, 02:23 AM
I usually don't mind meph in pvp but it really just makes pvp a paintball game. First rog to hit wins, had many cases in 76 pvp I have jugger on + glow aa and I am still one shot by a 35k+ crit.
If you think I am bad in pvp feel free to send me a duel invite.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Duels really prove nothing. Anyways, if meph is doing that in endgame where there are other broken procs that also counteract it such as the weapon and armor procs, imagine a zone where those don’t exist. Broken, no? Idk about you but if I join pvp I’d want to clash, not have a meph paintball game.

sellbuy
06-15-2021, 02:38 AM
LOL, warriors can't use mephisto too to get buff... no no no... it ONLY ROGUE'S pet!!! ROGUES SO OP with mephisto and warrior's have to use nekro or glow

Kakashis
06-15-2021, 02:44 AM
I will briefly chime in here my two cents. Over the years, what I've learned is there always has been some disparity between ultra equipped players who can afford OP gears and pets and those who have basic gears. That gap was still somewhat close. I recently learned that legendary sets, mythic sets, endless and tainted sets don't even come close to arcane proc proc on 71 gears, and then swap to a 76/ different weapon set to tripple/quad stack procs to one shot kill bosses and mobs. If you can't stack a lot of things, I don't see why that's allowed to stack like that by design. It seems to have taken care of just about all the damage required in the game if you're rich, but to survive PVP and waves maps now requires this special magic black cat.

It's almost as if without this cat, you're surely going to lose the fight in pvp or in pve waves which is quite the disadvantage for people who don't own one or can't afford one. Way back when, with the right skills you could still with pink gears and well planned out pet combos accomplish things. I would like to see the gap between reg players and ultra wealthy players to come back a little closer starting with looking at this cat's AA. Was a one time event pet really supposed to change the course of the way the games played? If it's really meant to function as it currently is, maybe have a legendary cat that can offer somewhat of the same ability? You can't have an end all game changing 100m golden cat that gives others no chance as OP stated. From what I hear it's like having glowstick max shielding throughout the enitre AA duration.

Adity
06-15-2021, 02:51 AM
for me totally yeah, its give immortal bug i think even in evg

Wap
06-15-2021, 02:51 AM
LOL, warriors can't use mephisto too to get buff... no no no... it ONLY ROGUE'S pet!!! ROGUES SO OP with mephisto and warrior's have to use nekro or glow

I really don’t understand why you want to involve yourself in this conversation as you clearly don’t pvp, but I’ll just explain it to you. I’m speaking about this ability in terms of clashes and 2v2s at the lvl 61 zone, and I’m sure many other zones would agree as well. It is so broken because it allows a rogue to literally tank 3-5 combos from the other rogue and then one shot them. A rogue on meph will be able to 1v2 a tank and a rogue that has heal bubble as well as nekro. No one has mentioned anything about a warrior being able to use the ability or not lol, I’m literally looking at this from a rogue point of view because thats the class I’m playing at 61 so I have no idea why you’re invested in some weird narrative of a warrior complaining about rogues. Maybe if you could use your head and actually read instead of butting into a conversation you know nothing about and acting like a primitive caveman.

Wap
06-15-2021, 02:58 AM
I will briefly chime in here my two cents. Over the years, what I've learned is there always has been some disparity between ultra equipped players who can afford OP gears and pets and those who have basic gears. That gap was still somewhat close. I recently learned that legendary sets, mythic sets, endless and tainted sets don't even come close to arcane proc proc on 71 gears, and then swap to a 76/ different weapon set to tripple/quad stack procs to one shot kill bosses and mobs. If you can't stack a lot of things, I don't see why that's allowed to stack like that by design. It seems to have taken care of just about all the damage required in the game if you're rich, but to survive PVP and waves maps now requires this special magic black cat.

It's almost as if without this cat, you're surely going to lose the fight in pvp or in pve waves which is quite the disadvantage for people who don't own one or can't afford one. Way back when, with the right skills you could still with pink gears and well planned out pet combos accomplish things. I would like to see the gap between reg players and ultra wealthy players to come back a little closer starting with looking at this cat's AA. Was a one time event pet really supposed to change the course of the way the games played? If it's really meant to function as it currently is, maybe have a legendary cat that can offer somewhat of the same ability? You can't have an end all game changing 100m golden cat that gives others no chance as OP stated.

Thanks for being constructive and professional instead of talking like a caveman like some other individuals. I agree with what you said, the pet is just so broken in pvp modes and theres no way to counter it, you click a button and turn into clark kent. Abilities like glow can be countered by say a tank heal and it gives the 100% damage reduction for just like 2 seconds. If you use it a second late you’ll get hit hard and if you use it too early it isn’t as effective. Meph on the other hand provides 6 seconds of damage reduction making a player basically immortal and even gives a huge damage buff. The pet is just over powered and I’d say anyone who actually pvps can agree it needs a nerf

sellbuy
06-15-2021, 03:07 AM
I really don’t understand why you want to involve yourself in this conversation as you clearly don’t pvp, but I’ll just explain it to you. I’m speaking about this ability in terms of clashes and 2v2s at the lvl 61 zone, and I’m sure many other zones would agree as well. It is so broken because it allows a rogue to literally tank 3-5 combos from the other rogue and then one shot them. A rogue on meph will be able to 1v2 a tank and a rogue that has heal bubble as well as nekro. No one has mentioned anything about a warrior being able to use the ability or not lol, I’m literally looking at this from a rogue point of view because thats the class I’m playing at 61 so I have no idea why you’re invested in some weird narrative of a warrior complaining about rogues. Maybe if you could use your head and actually read instead of butting into a conversation you know nothing about and acting like a primitive caveman.

Who cares about your 61, bracket for merchants and scammers, its not even pvp. But anyways, your 1v2 rogue vs rogue+tank, whats problem to get 2 mephisto for that tank+rogue team? it doesnt even have cd on using (like nekro/glow have), can use next mephisto immideately when previous buff gone. Why do you ever use nekro instead mephisto as tank and telling how mephisto op? theres 3 ways: 1) can't afford mephisto? cant afford - go honor 2) Nekro still gives some advantage? if yes - use it and dont cry so much, you looking pathetic 3) you are used to old pets and cant handle new ones? while normal players will adapt for mephisto ability...
Why did u ever mentioned heal bubble? does mephisto aa break it? NO. Try use your head just sometimes...

... it needs a nerf

Try nerf your crying and learn something new, you suck...

Wap
06-15-2021, 03:09 AM
Who cares about your 61, bracket for merchants and scammers, its not even pvp. But anyways, your 1v2 rogue vs rogue+tank, whats problem to get 2 mephisto for that tank+rogue team? it doesnt even have cd on using (like nekro/glow have), can use next mephisto immideately when previous buff gone. Why do you ever use nekro instead mephisto as tank and telling how mephisto op? theres 3 ways: 1) can't afford mephisto? cant afford - go honor 2) Nekro still gives some advantage? if yes - use it and dont cry so much, you looking pathetic 3) you are used to old pets and cant handle new ones? while normal players will adapt for mephisto ability...
Why did u ever mentioned heal bubble? does mephisto aa break it? NO. Try use your head just sometimes...

Did you even read my message? Matter fact did you even read your own? You know you can read through your message and use your brain to think before you hit the send button. My point still stands lol

gilsooon
06-15-2021, 04:23 AM
Used it, seen it and clash with it many times in pvp 76 endgame. Never heared any problems on both sides. my 2 cents...

Pulaxgang
06-15-2021, 04:57 AM
That’s the thing, you’ve used it in 76 pvp. So you don’t know how broken it is in other zones. I’m level 61 and when I used full arc set I reach 8.5k dmg with 2k dex with meph buff. Now there’s no way in hell that’s normal for 61...

gilsooon
06-15-2021, 05:03 AM
That’s the thing, you’ve used it in 76 pvp. So you don’t know how broken it is in other zones. I’m level 61 and when I used full arc set I reach 8.5k dmg with 2k dex with meph buff. Now there’s no way in hell that’s normal for 61...

I think the moot on meph is the damage reduction, the damage buff is not much because guen gives way more. Is guenivere subject to be nerfed too? just asking.

Ilove_Poopoo
06-15-2021, 05:11 AM
Lets talk numbers, to really grasp why rogs are surviving like what the OP had stated.

Max armor with Meph + 25% SDR (Stacking Damage Reduction HB) - Your damage reduction is increased to an immense 95% for 6s, not to mention Mephisto's ~50% damage and rapid cooldown of 20s.

It is essentially an enchanced glowstick that you don't have to time.

Now, If you think that sustaining 95% damage inflicted from all sources for a prolonged 6second time is balanced, then no wonder why pvp had regressed over the times.

Now, I can argue that this pet needs a nerf in PvE as well, why? Because 100% damage reduction for 6s can be achieved by the additional use of either Baby Blizz AA or lv76 arcane belt proc.

I can already visualize how stupidly long the temple event runs would go for.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

swoutttt
06-15-2021, 05:12 AM
I think the moot on meph is the damage reduction, the damage buff is not much because guen gives way more. Is guenivere subject to be nerfed too? just asking.

Meph has better damage then Guen.. just use it in combo with %dmg (stacking) hb bonus and you can see yourself.

gilsooon
06-15-2021, 05:34 AM
Meph has better damage then Guen.. just use it in combo with %dmg (stacking) hb bonus and you can see yourself.

Yes I see myself, tried it both ofc guen and meph. Why would I see myself anyway.

Alghost
06-15-2021, 06:20 AM
Mephisto is not broken, it’s meant for endgame pvp not Twink… So if you can’t play regular pvp play honor instead. Or make a group of friends and secretly play Hardcore pvp.

Aldous
06-15-2021, 08:14 AM
That’s the thing, you’ve used it in 76 pvp. So you don’t know how broken it is in other zones. I’m level 61 and when I used full arc set I reach 8.5k dmg with 2k dex with meph buff. Now there’s no way in hell that’s normal for 61...Why should they care for your long dead bracket anyway? If you can't tell already, STS have been encouraging everyone to go endgame, hence the honor PvP.

Majority of people I know who use this pet seems contented and is happy as to what it is now, so tell me why would STS ruin this pet for the sake of minority? by that I mean 10-20 players tops maybe less

As for someone asking for a PvE nerf, why is this even needed? Isn't this a good thing? You can survive higher waves in EVG, more competitive temple events and etc. The thing with Mephisto is that the ability of being invincible is offered to all classes, not just tanks so I don't really understand the need for this.

Farmieeve
06-15-2021, 08:21 AM
^^ nerf mephisto B)

capeo
06-15-2021, 09:13 AM
I learned to adjust to meph at 76. It's an advantage but not an insurmountable one. Still takes some skill to kill even if you have meph. A little timing and teamwork can neutralize it on offense at least. Encryptions is correct, just nekro isn't enough to avoid a 1 hit. Glow either if not in first 2 seconds. Meph and arc love make an impressive shield so defensively it's op. If both sides have meph it's not a big deal. At least at end game. Idk about twinks.

Kystone
06-15-2021, 10:37 AM
Why should they care for your long dead bracket anyway? If you can't tell already, STS have been encouraging everyone to go endgame, hence the honor PvP.

Majority of people I know who use this pet seems contented and is happy as to what it is now, so tell me why would STS ruin this pet for the sake of minority? by that I mean 10-20 players tops maybe less

As for someone asking for a PvE nerf, why is this even needed? Isn't this a good thing? You can survive higher waves in EVG, more competitive temple events and etc. The thing with Mephisto is that the ability of being invincible is offered to all classes, not just tanks so I don't really understand the need for this.

More competitive doesn’t equal long runs. I had a window of 5s with glow to clear what I could and run last temple event, and the whole map was almost clear??? This time, u have a window of 9s, who can’t clear a map in 9s? What part of this isn’t broken? Do u really want runs to last hours that usually last 45mins? 100% damage reduction shouldn’t even be a thing. Just my opinion

Kystone
06-15-2021, 10:39 AM
And to add to that, warriors already have an invincibility ult. Just cycle ult and meph and you’re going to run endlessly while the mage/rogues stand below to get carried. Whoever makes a mistake wins!

Wap
06-15-2021, 11:58 AM
Why should they care for your long dead bracket anyway? If you can't tell already, STS have been encouraging everyone to go endgame, hence the honor PvP.

Just because people are happy doesn’t mean the pet isn’t broken. Shouldn’t a goal be to keep a game balanced?

Wap
06-15-2021, 12:09 PM
Lets talk numbers, to really grasp why rogs are surviving like what the OP had stated.

Max armor with Meph + 25% SDR (Stacking Damage Reduction HB) - Your damage reduction is increased to an immense 95% for 6s, not to mention Mephisto's ~50% damage and rapid cooldown of 20s.

It is essentially an enchanced glowstick that you don't have to time.

Now, If you think that sustaining 95% damage inflicted from all sources for a prolonged 6second time is balanced, then no wonder why pvp had regressed over the times.

Now, I can argue that this pet needs a nerf in PvE as well, why? Because 100% damage reduction for 6s can be achieved by the additional use of either Baby Blizz AA or lv76 arcane belt proc.

I can already visualize how stupidly long the temple event runs would go for.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Exactly!

fajaratulnaj
06-15-2021, 04:19 PM
Cryyyyyy

11char

CouchPass
06-15-2021, 05:27 PM
Anyone saying "cry" is either ignorant or too dumb to even be considered ignorant. Any pets that allow you to 1 combo a tank in PVP, especially with such a short cooldown, seem in need of a rework for me. And anyone who's gonna reply to me and tells me to go honor, I've already tried honor :). To be fair, if meph only granted the insane damage buff that it gives, it would be bearable and allow for counterplay, but it also grants insane damage reduction which makes you a literal immortal for the duration of your aa against players who do not have the meph aa buff.

I'm a firm believer that pets and gear should be aides to someone's skill in PVP, not the other way around. With the way meph and 76 arc weapons(a whole nother issue) work, the whole game is reliant on arcane abilities and procs. 61 is one of the few brackets where procs didn't use to matter at all, but meph has made it just as bad as the others.

FYI: A rog with meph aa is able to 2v1 both an enemy tank and enemy rog quite easily. Doesn't that seem like meph aa overrides everything else that matters? Gameplay basically revolves around having your aa up, and as any 61 rogue player can attest to, 1v1's at 61, which used to be largely skill-based, are now hide and seek games where an enemy rogue is basically just waiting for their meph aa before even attempting to fight. This might not be an issue if meph aa wasn't so short! There's very little counterplay and it's harmful to the game.

-promise

Wap
06-15-2021, 05:42 PM
Anyone saying "cry" is either ignorant or too dumb to even be considered ignorant. Any pets that allow you to 1 combo a tank in PVP, especially with such a short cooldown, seem in need of a rework for me. And anyone who's gonna reply to me and tells me to go honor, I've already tried honor :). To be fair, if meph only granted the insane damage buff that it gives, it would be bearable and allow for counterplay, but it also grants insane damage reduction which makes you a literal immortal for the duration of your aa against players who do not have the meph aa buff.

I'm a firm believer that pets and gear should be aides to someone's skill in PVP, not the other way around. With the way meph and 76 arc weapons(a whole nother issue) work, the whole game is reliant on arcane abilities and procs. 61 is one of the few brackets where procs didn't use to matter at all, but meph has made it just as bad as the others.

FYI: A rog with meph aa is able to 2v1 both an enemy tank and enemy rog quite easily. Doesn't that seem like meph aa overrides everything else that matters? Gameplay basically revolves around having your aa up, and as any 61 rogue player can attest to, 1v1's at 61, which used to be largely skill-based, are now hide and seek games where an enemy rogue is basically just waiting for their meph aa before even attempting to fight. This might not be an issue if meph aa wasn't so short! There's very little counterplay and it's harmful to the game.

-promise

Agreed, you can somewhat counter the damage buff it provides with glow and heals etc but it also provides 6 seconds of insane damage reduction as well, theres no way of countering it besides using it yourself. Doesn’t that sound a bit broken?

krishckkr
06-21-2021, 12:07 PM
man meph so op there i reached 110 wave without much effort ez carry by war