PDA

View Full Version : A Proposal to Nerf Meph AA (PVE)

Deathlyreaper
06-15-2021, 11:01 PM
Please hear me out:
This thread is about nerfing mephisto’s Arcane Ability in PVE. I do not do PVP so I don’t know if meph needs to be changed there as well.

For those unaware of meph AA, it gives 50% Stacking Damage Reduction (SDR); it is currently the most powerful defensive pet in game. When it was first released, meph AA was good but not overpowered, most people preferred Glowstik AA over it. The issue came when pets with % SDR were introduced into the game (Arcanite Precious, Arcanite Loveling, Legendary and Heroic Bevo, etc.). Currently, most pve players (myself included) who want to focus on defense have meph slotted in AA and an Arcanite Precious or Arcanite Loveling (both give 25% SDR) in Happiness Bonus. This combination gives me a 75% SDR; if I open a 25% Damage Reduction Elixir, I have a total of 81.25% Damage Reduction. 81.25% Damage Reduction for 6s is a lot, other defensive pets pale in comparison. Warrior and Sorcerer classes get the most benefit: Warriors with Jugg active will receive a total of 91.25% DR, while a mage with shield will receive 88.75%DR. These percentages doesn’t even take armor into account!

The problem gets worse with the release of Baby Blizzerax, BB’s AA includes a 25% SDR for 7s. This means that if I have the previously mentioned pet combo, and someone else in my party has the same combo (but with BB AA instead of meph) me and that person can receive 100% SDR for 6s. In fact, the whole party can receive the benefits as long as they have Arc Percious or Arc Loveling as a happiness bonus. This is overpowered because it completely negates all attacks done to me and my party for 6s. Now, 6s might not be a lot, but factor in a Warrior’s heal shield (which gives invincibility for 3s) or a mage shield (invincibility for 2s), a party can have invincibility for 9s (11s for the mages if they time their skill correctly). 6-9s of invincibility is more than enough time to proc all the weapons/armors and clear all the mobs in a wave or eliminate a dangerous target. For context, a single warrior can clear all the mobs in evg in about 6-7s…now imagine if he had help from other classes. This has been tried before and it is extremely op; evg waves are cleared in 15-18s, but because boss dies too fast, it is not ideal for gold farming.

This a problem that will extend into other aspects of PVE. This strategy can be used in future expansions (which could take the challenge and fun out of it), or future events that are supposed to be challenging. The Devs can make the expansion mobs do crazy damage but that will not do anything if the party has invincibility for 9s. Right now, it is very likely that in the upcoming temple event, those in top 10 Group LB may not be people with the best strategy/skill/gears, but rather people who can play for the longest without a break. Do you really want to participate in an event where you have to run and be attentive for 5+ hours non-stop to get into lb? Temple is possibly the only event where you don’t have to grind non-stop for hours to get in lb; with the right gears and skills, anyone can make it. Not nerfing meph aa would result in the temple event being grindy on an extreme level, which is dreadful.

Evidently, Meph AA is too strong and presents a huge problem in pve. Nerfing Meph AA is a logical solution to this problem. The Devs should not nerf Arcanite Precious or Arcanite Loveling because those pets were bought for the sole purpose of getting the stacking happiness bonus (those features were “advertised” and it is the pet’s main selling point). Nerfing those HBs would be a kick in the face and anger those that spent the 1.7K plat to get the pet. Baby Blizz AA should also not be nerfed because the %SDR that it gives is already low enough, and again the 25% SDR was explicitly said and “advertised”. Nerfing Meph AA is the only solution because its potential was not discovered until these other pets came, Meph AA’s description does not even include the words %SDR so nobody can say that STS tricked players into spending plat to buy Meph AA.

Advocacies
06-15-2021, 11:11 PM
Agree on meph being OP +1 I don't know but probably needs lil nerf for the sdr just for pvp and stay same for pve Just my opinion i think every pvp player knows that this pet is overpowered and will come and say "cant afford don't complain" or "just use the pet why complain" anyways waiting for those comments to come

snakeeyes
06-15-2021, 11:20 PM
Make mephisto as a free pet to coming event i think no ones ganna request to nerf it, or need to make a new pet that can give 50% damage reduse stack. But for me nerf all need to nerf to balance the class need to a change to need each other class like" we need a war to survive" we need a rogue to kill boss fast" and we need a mage to suport the life/mana and damage".

Advocacies
06-15-2021, 11:22 PM
Make mephisto as a free pet to coming event i think no ones ganna request to nerf it, or need to make a new pet that can give 50% damage reduse stack. But for me nerf all need to nerf to balance the class need to a change to need each other class like" we need a war to survive" we need a rogue to kill boss fast" and we need a mage to suport the life/mana and damage".

Probably best choice 🤣 like how they put Heroic fatima for free probably best thing ever happened to pet related in vendors

Kystone
06-15-2021, 11:28 PM
A nerf by making it multiplicative instead of additive would be nice, 100% dmg reduction shouldn’t be a thing. Or even make it 25% dmg reduction non stacking. The only skill with this is not missing meph lol

Advocacies
06-15-2021, 11:36 PM
I've played PvP 76 as a mage all i can say is that this is a game changing pet before i couldn't last longer than 15sec vs rog with 1.8k dex+ later i acquired meph + arc love lol 1.8k dex rog isn't that much rog with 1.8k dex with 6k arm is easy farm , %sdr along side with 68 stats and dmg% is Overpowered AA and because of it's description ppl missed out this pet and didn't even know this pet's existence in pvp/pve I've seen many players asking what was that "meow" sound lol anyways +1 for nerf +1 for not nerf 🤣🤣 as a mage this is probably one of the best AA for us idk that's why im up for both nerf and not nerf at the same time 🤣🤣

Deathlyreaper
06-15-2021, 11:37 PM

As a meph owner, I am asking for its nerf. And I am not the only one. I have talked to other owners/users and they want a nerf too. Everyone else getting a meph doesn’t change that. Asking for another pet that gives 50% SDR makes me think you didn’t read the original post lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint Jaffo
06-16-2021, 01:15 AM
I had no idea of Mephisto’s AA as I’m not into endgame, pvp or running maps. By what I’ve read, they do need to nerf this pet. I always wondered why it was so expensive and now I got the answer. Thank you for pointing out this things and explaining the current situation and how it will affect future events/maps.
+1 for a nerf.

flashio
06-16-2021, 02:42 AM
A nerf on Mephisto's AA is very much needed, maybe reduce its SDR to 25%-30% would be enough to balance it out, having the possibility of having 100% immunity for 6 seconds (that alone with pet combo) should never be a thing, it's nowhere close to be balanced.
Leaving Mephisto as it is just kills the challenge of endgame and makes it an irl problem where if u want to compete for a lb (evg/temple for now) you would need to run nonstop for several hrs, and when I say several it's way more than 5hrs,couple days ago a score of 80m+ was made on evg, how many hours do you think it took the party to reach that score?
Clearly things are going out of hand.

snakeeyes
06-16-2021, 03:35 AM
+1 nerf mephisto now pls.

swoutttt
06-16-2021, 03:37 AM
Just put a cap on damage reduction. Tbh I thought there already was a cap for this. Also everyone mention the dmg reduction, but no one gonna mention the op damage mephisto has? If it gets a nerf, nerf it from both ends.

-Rogue-
06-16-2021, 04:32 AM
Just put a cap on damage reduction. Tbh I thought there already was a cap for this. Also everyone mention the dmg reduction, but no one gonna mention the op damage mephisto has? If it gets a nerf, nerf it from both ends.

In pve mephisto doesnt give 'op damage' because not stacking type .... (elixir +30% dmg, arcane armor proc +200%dmg)
I would suggest change mephisto aa:
- for pve give it 25-30% damage reduce instead 50% (without changing %damage because its not that good)
- for pvp give it 25-30% damage instead 50% (without changing %damage reduce... dont want go back using glowstik)

swoutttt
06-16-2021, 04:46 AM
It does give op damage.. just dont use the 30%lix since it take of 30%, dmg from the aa. The 25% one works nicely with it. Like this my 8k dmg turns into 13k+ dmg

Dasey
06-16-2021, 04:51 AM
+1 There isn't any challenge anymore if you have this.

swoutttt
06-16-2021, 04:57 AM
In pve mephisto doesnt give 'op damage' because not stacking type .... (elixir +30% dmg, arcane armor proc +200%dmg)
I would suggest change mephisto aa:
- for pve give it 25-30% damage reduce instead 50% (without changing %damage because its not that good)
- for pvp give it 25-30% damage instead 50% (without changing %damage reduce... dont want go back using glowstik)

Meph gives more then 50%dmg..also if wanna nerf mephisto dmg in pvp they might aswell nerf gueni aa and make all aa 25-30% max since meph dont have an armor boost

-Rogue-
06-16-2021, 05:03 AM
Meph gives more then 50%dmg
Mephisto gives 50%dmg + 50 str dex int (which makes you think that its more than 50%), idc about gueni but i'm sure its weak for pvp, didn't really see that somebody using it, also gueni type of %dmg is worse than mefisto (gives less real dmg in many situations in pvp), and mephisto gives %dmgreduce instead gueni's armor buff, which is more usefull ofc

Hope devs could come to pvp sometimes to check and test how things are going....

Justbadwolf
06-16-2021, 05:07 AM
First of all thanks the creator of this post, he so eloquently put all the facts.
Secondly I totally agree with this even though i myself like to farm in evg but the thing is this not a challenge or a test of skill anymore.
We have so many other pets who can be used easily so nerfing meph wd only be logical.
With the temple event coming, i think it ll discourage most players esp when they cant run 5+ hrs. Ppl have busy jobs and stuff and the game shud stay competitive in terms of skills only.

Shimada
06-16-2021, 05:40 AM
+1

This pet really needs a nerf, is already 90m+ which is already out of hand. It discourages players that don't have mephisto egg durinng e.g. temple event because anyways the party that has mephisto will surely win the lb.

Why buff this old pet anyways, I remember in the past that guenivere = meph + seirian.

Luckycharmx
06-16-2021, 05:42 AM
Or why not make another pet that closely resembles the aa of meph, kinda like arc precious and arc loveling’s HB’s besides some ppl spend a lot of gold and money just to get ahold of that pet, I get the point about the skill-wise, i'd probably say revise some for the PVP part and leave the PvE alone.

papas
06-16-2021, 05:52 AM
I'm just gonna say my opinion from hardcore player side. Some ppl really spent time and lot of plats to get this pet cause of its AA, since can't just buy from cs. For hardcore players mephisto is the most needed pet or else some maps and aps would be almost impossible to accomplish/run. It's a really small account of players if you compare to normal mode community, but since there is this mode, it's a part of same game.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

CharmjerricPenaranda
06-16-2021, 06:03 AM

Avaree
06-16-2021, 06:06 AM
Looking at aspects of the game, events, EVG, and players LB . Anyone party/team has meph AA can unfairly dominate. Meph needs to be needed or offered as a store or token pet so all players can easily obtain this pet.
+1 on op.

papas
06-16-2021, 06:08 AM
Looking at aspects of the game, events, EVG, and players LB . Anyone party/team has meph AA can unfairly dominate. Meph needs to be needed or offered as a store or token pet so all players can easily obtain this pet.
+1 on op.+1 for be easier obtained. But not nerf :)

swoutttt
06-16-2021, 06:09 AM
+1 on op.

Wasnt Mephisto a vendor pet last eggzavier?

papas
06-16-2021, 06:17 AM
Wasnt Mephisto a vendor pet last eggzavier?Yes for 1700plats I think. But ppl propose be available like hero fatima was in vendor during goblin event

Luckycharmx
06-16-2021, 06:17 AM
I hate to say it but if this pet was easy to obtain this thread wouldnt exist at all.

swoutttt
06-16-2021, 06:31 AM
I hate to say it but if this pet was easy to obtain this thread wouldnt exist at all.

Your right, the complainers are never the owners, although they say they own it (lies ofc). It's the people that want the pet but who have been sleeping for a long time. Mephisto from 5m to 30m to 55m and now 90m. Yes it expensive now... I cant get it, let's nerf xD

papas
06-16-2021, 06:34 AM
Your right, the complainers are never the owners, although they say they own it (lies ofc). It's the people that want the pet but who have been sleeping for a long time. Mephisto from 5m to 30m to 55m and now 90m. Yes it expensive now... I cant get it, let's nerf xDI think gold isn't issue, here. It's a rare egg. Ur lucky if u get one seller. Ppl can farm that gold in a week i think. Some ppl need less than a week maybe

Avaree
06-16-2021, 06:41 AM
Looking at aspects of the game, events, EVG, and players LB . Anyone party/team has meph AA can unfairly dominate, especially if it’s 1 tank 3 mages. Meph needs to be nerfed. Meph’s aa has also is an unfair disadvantage to rogues. Rogues can’t use his aa like the other 2 classes.
(And before any one says make a mage, I have.)
+1 on OP

flashio
06-16-2021, 06:43 AM

The threads asking for a nerf on this pet are made mostly by players who already own the pet and realize how much bad it does to the actual gameplay, both in pvp and in pve, which results on dull zombie gaming which many don't like, when facing endgame content it's supposed to be challenging and when going in pvp a single pet shouldn't make such a difference.
Pets are simple support items to ease the farm, a pet alone shouldn't have such impact on the game up to the point where if you don't have this pet u can't compete, and people being fine with this is quite impressive and depressing.

Justbadwolf
06-16-2021, 06:50 AM
The threads asking for a nerf on this pet are made mostly by players who already own the pet and realize how much bad it does to the actual gameplay, both in pvp and in pve, which results on dull zombie gaming which many don't like, when facing endgame content it's supposed to be challenging and when going in pvp a single pet shouldn't make such a difference.
Pets are simple support items to ease the farm, a pet alone shouldn't have such impact on the game up to the point where if you don't have this pet u can't compete, and people being fine with this is quite impressive and depressing.
I agree…i have 2 meph eggs and i dnt care if it ll cost me loss in terms of investment, the gameplay shud stay lively esp for the end game maps.

Atoa
06-16-2021, 06:51 AM
Yea mephisto so expensive and too op in pvp hey have to nerf.
+1

Enviado de meu LG-K430 usando o Tapatalk

Shimada
06-16-2021, 06:51 AM
Your right, the complainers are never the owners, although they say they own it (lies ofc). It's the people that want the pet but who have been sleeping for a long time. Mephisto from 5m to 30m to 55m and now 90m. Yes it expensive now... I cant get it, let's nerf xD

Some players doesn't mind anymore the gold, it can be farm in gates for couple of days. WE just needed balance in the game that were playing. You should be the owner of the pet not the other way around just like what is happening rn.

snakeeyes
06-16-2021, 06:55 AM
+1000 nerf this pet mephisto for the fair/excitement play, the majority win 10/1 so pls. Sts hear the request of many player.

Shake
06-16-2021, 07:11 AM
1+ definitely needs a nerf. I’ve tried it and honestly just got rid of it because it takes the challenge out of the game. Whats the point if all you do is kill kill kill and not have anyone put up a proper fight?

swoutttt
06-16-2021, 07:28 AM
1+ definitely needs a nerf. I’ve tried it and honestly just got rid of it because it takes the challenge out of the game. Whats the point if all you do is kill kill kill and not have anyone put up a proper fight?

Haha you better sell your arcane gears to then.. will take challenge out of game to..

Aldous
06-16-2021, 07:47 AM
If this has been the case for quite a while, why only come clean now especially that Temple is approaching? Is it because everyone found out about this now and you're done abusing the pet for your own gain?

Dont even get me started with Baby Blizzerax... it's been 6 months since it came out and none of yall are saying anything until now. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE PLEASE.

Shake
06-16-2021, 07:53 AM
Haha you better sell your arcane gears to then.. will take challenge out of game to..

Not exactly, i still enjoy the game with the items we currently have. What i meant previously is receiving no damage at all as opposed to dealing it is not fun, for me.

Other’s opinions could be different

Formature
06-16-2021, 08:48 AM
I would like to understand what is the problem of players who ask for nerf on something that helps in pve , it makes no sense , if you do not like mephisto then do not use it is simple and this is also valid for many things that complain. ( Thats is my opinion ).

Enviado de meu SM-J260M usando o Tapatalk

Kystone
06-16-2021, 09:01 AM
I would like to understand what is the problem of players who ask for nerf on something that helps in pve , it makes no sense , if you do not like mephisto then do not use it is simple and this is also valid for many things that complain. ( Thats is my opinion ).

This isn’t the point. If we do not use mephisto, we stand 0 chance against the people who do.

Shimada
06-16-2021, 09:01 AM

Stacking tank/mage in temple party, this will make you invicible. Tank using jugg/heal and mage using heal/shield then where does that lead to rog class?

Ilove_Poopoo
06-16-2021, 09:07 AM

Enviado de meu SM-J260M usando o TapatalkSo, you're contented with everything put on the table regardless whether it is unbalanced or broken?

To help enhance the game, developers heavily rely on or evaluate constructive feedbacks like this. Not everything released is flawless.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Formature
06-16-2021, 09:31 AM
This isn’t the point. If we do not use mephisto, we stand 0 chance against the people who do.just buy a Mephisto and use it like the others, this is a logical solution and it's not that difficult I think.

sanya
06-16-2021, 09:32 AM
A nerf by making it multiplicative instead of additive would be nice, 100% dmg reduction shouldn’t be a thing. Or even make it 25% dmg reduction non stacking.

I guess this would be most correct to do now (and it should be like that from start).

Kystone
06-16-2021, 09:34 AM
just buy a Mephisto and use it like the others, this is a logical solution and it's not that difficult I think.

I do have one and that’s still not the point…..

Formature
06-16-2021, 09:37 AM
Stacking tank/mage in temple party, this will make you invicible. Tank using jugg/heal and mage using heal/shield then where does that lead to rog class?there is the possibility to make your own pt and play the way you want, when warriors were just support nobody complained about rogue not having shield and jugg.
have you ever thought that instead of asking to nerf something it would be more viable to ask to boost a rogue?

Kakashis
06-16-2021, 09:39 AM
If not nerfed, then just have another affordable legendary pet available to all. This one pet makes all the others on the back burner

Formature
06-16-2021, 09:41 AM
So, you're contented with everything put on the table regardless whether it is unbalanced or broken?

To help enhance the game, developers heavily rely on or evaluate constructive feedbacks like this. Not everything released is flawless.

Sent from my SM-N975F using TapatalkI don't see any imbalance if it's a pet in pve, something that even if it was about a specific class wouldn't make sense for the simple fact of being pve and that helps everyone.

sanya
06-16-2021, 09:54 AM
I don't see any imbalance if it's a pet in pve, something that even if it was about a specific class wouldn't make sense for the simple fact of being pve and that helps everyone.

Using mephisto + baby blizerax abilities + HB with stacking 25%dmg reduce (arc loveling/arc precious) gives you 100%dmg resist, both abilities lasts ~7sec with ~20 sec cd, imagine party of 4 players (2 of them should be warriors) + 2 mephisto aa and 2 blizerax aa... Rotating pair of those 2 abilities with warriors' heals gives permanent immortality. Maybe you still don't see imbalance... but how many hours (or days) it will take to get into temple group LB with those pets :D Thats not fun at all. Imbalance is not about mephisto, its about how all %dmg reduce(stacking) works together, it should stack same as %haste (never reach 100%)...

snakeeyes
06-16-2021, 09:56 AM
+2000 poits for nerf mephisto, Majority win pls. hear/read the request sts nerf mephisto like you nerf all pet that need to nerf like eterno.

Shimada
06-16-2021, 09:58 AM
there is the possibility to make your own pt and play the way you want, when warriors were just support nobody complained about rogue not having shield and jugg.
have you ever thought that instead of asking to nerf something it would be more viable to ask to boost a rogue?

Have you also think how much time and effort needed if even need to boost class? Cmon lmao, being a game developer is not easy at all.

Aldous
06-16-2021, 10:03 AM
none of you wants to answer my question so I guess I'm right.

a solid -1 to Mephisto nerf
+ 1 to %dmg reduction cap

Formature
06-16-2021, 10:17 AM
Have you also think how much time and effort needed if even need to boost class? Cmon lmao, being a game developer is not easy at all.I know very well how difficult it is, it took 7 years for war to get a boost and it's not even 2 years old and the rogues that have been good since the beginning complain about him being "op".
but anyway continuous without understanding why players want to nerf something in PvE if it helps everyone but that's ok.
I respect your opinion even though it doesn't make sense for me.

Wap
06-16-2021, 10:24 AM
Please hear me out:
This thread is about nerfing mephisto’s Arcane Ability in PVE. I do not do PVP so I don’t know if meph needs to be changed there as well.

For those unaware of meph AA, it gives 50% Stacking Damage Reduction (SDR); it is currently the most powerful defensive pet in game. When it was first released, meph AA was good but not overpowered, most people preferred Glowstik AA over it. The issue came when pets with % SDR were introduced into the game (Arcanite Precious, Arcanite Loveling, Legendary and Heroic Bevo, etc.). Currently, most pve players (myself included) who want to focus on defense have meph slotted in AA and an Arcanite Precious or Arcanite Loveling (both give 25% SDR) in Happiness Bonus. This combination gives me a 75% SDR; if I open a 25% Damage Reduction Elixir, I have a total of 81.25% Damage Reduction. 81.25% Damage Reduction for 6s is a lot, other defensive pets pale in comparison. Warrior and Sorcerer classes get the most benefit: Warriors with Jugg active will receive a total of 91.25% DR, while a mage with shield will receive 88.75%DR. These percentages doesn’t even take armor into account!

The problem gets worse with the release of Baby Blizzerax, BB’s AA includes a 25% SDR for 7s. This means that if I have the previously mentioned pet combo, and someone else in my party has the same combo (but with BB AA instead of meph) me and that person can receive 100% SDR for 6s. In fact, the whole party can receive the benefits as long as they have Arc Percious or Arc Loveling as a happiness bonus. This is overpowered because it completely negates all attacks done to me and my party for 6s. Now, 6s might not be a lot, but factor in a Warrior’s heal shield (which gives invincibility for 3s) or a mage shield (invincibility for 2s), a party can have invincibility for 9s (11s for the mages if they time their skill correctly). 6-9s of invincibility is more than enough time to proc all the weapons/armors and clear all the mobs in a wave or eliminate a dangerous target. For context, a single warrior can clear all the mobs in evg in about 6-7s…now imagine if he had help from other classes. This has been tried before and it is extremely op; evg waves are cleared in 15-18s, but because boss dies too fast, it is not ideal for gold farming.

This a problem that will extend into other aspects of PVE. This strategy can be used in future expansions (which could take the challenge and fun out of it), or future events that are supposed to be challenging. The Devs can make the expansion mobs do crazy damage but that will not do anything if the party has invincibility for 9s. Right now, it is very likely that in the upcoming temple event, those in top 10 Group LB may not be people with the best strategy/skill/gears, but rather people who can play for the longest without a break. Do you really want to participate in an event where you have to run and be attentive for 5+ hours non-stop to get into lb? Temple is possibly the only event where you don’t have to grind non-stop for hours to get in lb; with the right gears and skills, anyone can make it. Not nerfing meph aa would result in the temple event being grindy on an extreme level, which is dreadful.

Evidently, Meph AA is too strong and presents a huge problem in pve. Nerfing Meph AA is a logical solution to this problem. The Devs should not nerf Arcanite Precious or Arcanite Loveling because those pets were bought for the sole purpose of getting the stacking happiness bonus (those features were “advertised” and it is the pet’s main selling point). Nerfing those HBs would be a kick in the face and anger those that spent the 1.7K plat to get the pet. Baby Blizz AA should also not be nerfed because the %SDR that it gives is already low enough, and again the 25% SDR was explicitly said and “advertised”. Nerfing Meph AA is the only solution because its potential was not discovered until these other pets came, Meph AA’s description does not even include the words %SDR so nobody can say that STS tricked players into spending plat to buy Meph AA.

Yes this pet is broken in pvp as well, the only skill required is to not miss the aa. You literally turn into superman at the click of a button and can easily 2v1 a tank and a rogue if they aren’t on meph

Wap
06-16-2021, 10:27 AM
If this has been the case for quite a while, why only come clean now especially that Temple is approaching? Is it because everyone found out about this now and you're done abusing the pet for your own gain?

Dont even get me started with Baby Blizzerax... it's been 6 months since it came out and none of yall are saying anything until now. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE PLEASE.

This is such a subjective statement lol… meph is broken in pvp and according to the feedback in this thread I guess its op in pve as well. If something isn’t balanced and is broken, then it needs a…. you guessed it… a nerf

Deathlyreaper
06-16-2021, 10:37 AM

Yes, I was aware of the percentages of damage reduction that I would get with Meph AA. However, I did not realize just how op this pet is until a few weeks ago. When %SDR pets in HB first came out, barely anybody was using Meph AA. I didn’t even use it because I thought it was not worth buying immediately and I had other priorities. Those that did use it (including me when I finally bought) believed that it wasn’t that op or broken. As a Rogue, 6s of 81.25% Damage Reduction did not seem like a big deal to me; when I was doing EVG solo, the shield I get felt like a glow shield, I didn’t realize that it was much better. Even when Blizz AA was released I thought it would not be that op. Again, I was looking at this from the perspective of a solo rogue player. It wasn’t until I started seeing incredibly high points in EVG, and when a group actually tested Meph+Blizz combo in EVG that I was alarmed.

I am not going to lie to you, part of the reason I did not come forward is because I thought there was only few of us who wanted a nerf and that we would get berated by the community. But after talking to a few more people who owned meph, I found that they agreed with us too. Wap’s post asking for meph nerf in pvp actually inspired me to finally write this and start talking about how meph makes pve broken.

And I heard from people that they have asked for a nerf in the past. But they did it through messaging the devs instead of making the post. Since the devs never replied I figured it’s time to make a post.

Deathlyreaper
06-16-2021, 10:50 AM

I have this pet lmfao. The other players in this thread asking for a nerf are people who have it too. Justbadwolf, Kystone, Ilovepoopoo etc. If you want proof, pm me in game and I'll show. IGN: Issult. I am unable to post pictures in forum for some reason.

Deathlyreaper
06-16-2021, 11:05 AM
I know very well how difficult it is, it took 7 years for war to get a boost and it's not even 2 years old and the rogues that have been good since the beginning complain about him being "op".
but anyway continuous without understanding why players want to nerf something in PvE if it helps everyone but that's ok.
I respect your opinion even though it doesn't make sense for me.

So you are fine with having a broken pet as long as "it helps everyone out". By that logic why dont we have another pet released that insta-kills all the mobs in pve! that helps every one out. No more wasting time forming a party to run when you can conveniently go into a solo map and insta-kill everything!.

Meph makes endgame content braindead easy. I do not want an expansion that Devs worked hard to make only to be completed and boring in a few days or a week.

Even in temple! I do not want a group lb where you have to grind non-stop for hours just to hold a spot.

Gtkevinn
06-16-2021, 11:39 AM
+1 nerf aa or a reduction cap in pve

capeo
06-16-2021, 02:31 PM
Lmao, nerf a pet in PvE. Wow, this is one of the most pointless things I've read here ever. Why does anyone care about pets in PvE? If it's to easy for you use a different pet or try hardcore mode. I use gold loot and luck pets in PvE. None of the content is so hard you need meph and arc love. If it's a personal affront to you then do something different. Let other people run however they want to.

Luckycharmx
06-16-2021, 02:40 PM
Lmao, nerf a pet in PvE. Wow, this is one of the most pointless things I've read here ever. Why does anyone care about pets in PvE? If it's to easy for you use a different pet or try hardcore mode. I use gold loot and luck pets in PvE. None of the content is so hard you need meph and arc love. If it's a personal affront to you then do something different. Let other people run however they want to.

Thank you

Kystone
06-16-2021, 02:48 PM

Literally not the point again, read the thread

firebelt & crystalkiller
06-16-2021, 03:56 PM
50% is too strong ramp it down a little.
+1

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Susanne
06-16-2021, 04:36 PM
Even when I read back it doesn't make sense. I've never seen a thread asking for a pet to be nerfed for pve.
What is wrong with it staying as it is?
By the way, I don't have that pet so there is no reason apart from curiosity that's motivated me to ask.
Just want to know how it affects the players who are complaining.

Justbadwolf
06-16-2021, 05:14 PM
Lol how quickly some ppl go off topic here.
Pls read the the original post and remember no one here is asking the aa to be removed altogether but instead a balancing…like instead of 50%SDR , it can give 25% ….or DR caps at 75% …otherwise the end game maps mean just going thru motions like a braindead zombie.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that doesn’t mean they are right as well.
If you can’t understand the difference or situation then read the post again.
Seriously are u willing to play in an event or a map where one pet decides it all out of 200+ pets, i think some ppl shud reconsider.

Luckycharmx
06-16-2021, 05:21 PM
Lol how quickly some ppl go off topic here.
Pls read the the original post and remember no one here is asking the aa to be removed altogether but instead a balancing…like instead of 50%SDR , it can give 25% ….or DR caps at 75% …otherwise the end game maps mean just going thru motions like a braindead zombie.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that doesn’t mean they are right as well.
If you can’t understand the difference or situation then read the post again.
Seriously are u willing to play in an event or a map where one pet decides it all out of 200+ pets, i think some ppl shud reconsider.

I dont think so, because the weaps lvl 76 itself makes all the mobs look like braindead zombies already. With or without mephisto, so if this pet needs to be nerf on the pvp side of it then im with you but on the pve? Leave that part alone.

Deathlyreaper
06-16-2021, 05:35 PM
Even when I read back it doesn't make sense. I've never seen a thread asking for a pet to be nerfed for pve.
What is wrong with it staying as it is?
By the way, I don't have that pet so there is no reason apart from curiosity that's motivated me to ask.
Just want to know how it affects the players who are complaining.

I have literally provided so many reasons as to why it shouldn’t stay the way it is.

The players who are complaining are the players who have it. We have ran with it and we have tested it. All we are asking is some sort of balancing because the pet is overpowered. Ask yourself, do you want the new pve meta to be brain dead and spamming meph AA or a combo of Meph and Blizzard AA. A meta where if you have these pets combos you can run for endless hours?

Future expansions could potentially just be breeze for the people that have meph AA. (and for those thinking it, everyone getting a meph AA would not solve this problem because then EVERYONE would blast through the expansion then complain about how it’s too easy and no fun). Meph AA is THAT op. It complicates future pve content.

The current scores in evg waves is proof of how strong meph AAs are.

sanya
06-16-2021, 05:48 PM
Idk why you talk about mephisto here instead talking about %stacking dmg reduce in general and why u call it 'nerf', %haste has been fixed and can't be reached 100% atm (even if it was hard to get, and just for 3-4sec); 100% dmg reduce is easy to get in full party and almost permanent... ofc it should stack same as %haste stacking now (without reaching 100%), its bug which should be fixed, hope devs would care more about it

Deathlyreaper
06-16-2021, 05:48 PM
I dont think so, because the weaps lvl 76 itself makes all the mobs look like braindead zombies already. With or without mephisto, so if this pet needs to be nerf on the pvp side of it then im with you but on the pve? Leave that part alone.

I agree with you to a certain extent that level 76 weps are op. In the past, I have voiced my concerns about the power creep in this game and how evident it was in the weapon procs. Unfortunately new weapons/gears are always needed and incentivized people to spend platinum. It is unrealistic to ask STS to nerf all the op arcane weapons. That being said, there are pvp maps where even having these weapons make the runs tough (such as Evg and Temple). That’s because it is possible to die even with all the proc’s active. With Meph AA and Blizz AA combo, you are literally invincible.
Sts can make the mobs hits as hard as they want but that WONT DO ANYTHING if you have 100% damage reduction!!
You are op in both offense and defense, it is unrealistic to ask STS to heavily nerf the offensive side (76 weps) because so many people have those weps and an expansion is about to come. Therefore a solution is to balance the defensive side of pve, while so few people have the pet! As I’ve implied before, I am willing to take a loss if it means meph will get balanced.

Deathlyreaper
06-16-2021, 05:56 PM
Idk why you talk about mephisto here instead talking about %stacking dmg reduce in general and why u call it 'nerf', %haste has been fixed and can't be reached 100% atm (even if it was hard to get, and just for 3-4sec); 100% dmg reduce is easy to get in full party and almost permanent... ofc it should stack same as %haste stacking now (without reaching 100%), its bug which should be fixed, hope devs would care more about it

That is a solution. The reason I hesitated calling it a bug is because this has been brought to the Dev’s attention through messages. If 100% SDR is unintentional they would have fixed already.

Luckycharmx
06-16-2021, 06:13 PM
I agree with you to a certain extent that level 76 weps are op. In the past, I have voiced my concerns about the power creep in this game and how evident it was in the weapon procs. Unfortunately new weapons/gears are always needed and incentivized people to spend platinum. It is unrealistic to ask STS to nerf all the op arcane weapons. That being said, there are pvp maps where even having these weapons make the runs tough (such as Evg and Temple). That’s because it is possible to die even with all the proc’s active. With Meph AA and Blizz AA combo, you are literally invincible.
Sts can make the mobs hits as hard as they want but that WONT DO ANYTHING if you have 100% damage reduction!!
You are op in both offense and defense, it is unrealistic to ask STS to heavily nerf the offensive side (76 weps) because so many people have those weps and an expansion is about to come. Therefore a solution is to balance the defensive side of pve, while so few people have the pet! As I’ve implied before, I am willing to take a loss if it means meph will get balanced.

Well not everybody is willing to take a loss. And also you are specifically pointing out evg and temple, do u realize that the mobs and the boss gets stronger every wave. So i think those pets are made for those endless wave maps.

sanya
06-16-2021, 06:16 PM
do u realize that the mobs and the boss gets stronger every wave.
have you even read his comment? lol

Luckycharmx
06-16-2021, 06:22 PM
have you even read his comment? lol

Have you use glint aegis and arc arie’s AA at the same time? Or blizz AA ? Why only nerf meph? [emoji23] might aswell nerf those two too. Oh wait the other 2 pets are easy to obtain and doesn’t cost 90m+ to get one. Thats why nobody talks about nerfing them.

Kystone
06-16-2021, 06:34 PM
Have you use glint aegis and arc arie’s AA at the same time? Or blizz AA ? Why only nerf meph? [emoji23] might aswell nerf those two too. Oh wait the other 2 pets are easy to obtain and doesn’t cost 90m+ to get one. Thats why nobody talks about nerfing them.

Do they allow u to reach 100% damage reduction? No? Ok. And we already have mentioned baby blizz aa

sanya
06-16-2021, 06:37 PM
Have you use glint aegis and arc arie’s AA at the same time? Or blizz AA ? Why nerf meph? [emoji23] might aswell nerf those two too. Oh wait the other 2 pets are easy to obtain and doesn’t cost 90m+ to get one. Thats why nobody talks about nerfing them.

aegis gives any damage reduce? no... how it related to this thread?
blizz aa? arc arie? this thread about fix %damage reduce in general, not only mephisto, so this "nerf" (fix) will touch blizz and arc arie abilities too
I have 2 mephisto and not going sell even if damage reduce going be less, most of people in this thread (those who talking about fix stacking dmg reduce) are same as me. Its not about price, for me its only about temple event and I'm not going sit 10 hours in one run because its easy to get permament 100% dmg reduce just until somebody fail with timings
Btw i checked your posts and seen your char, for example here... https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?581039-Sell-ebon-aegis
hahahaah, sorry no more questions for you, good luck at your adventure through Arlor, newbie

Luckycharmx
06-16-2021, 06:53 PM
Welll go ahead stalk me. Idgaf. I have a life outside this. And i am not a shame of what i got in my inventory, i play this game to have fun, even ive been playing this for years im still learning something new each day. So go ahead keep stalking. Must be nice to have a lot of free time [emoji6]

swoutttt
06-16-2021, 07:02 PM

They should have nerfed the glint aegis long time ago. Hope they consider that one to.

snakeeyes
06-16-2021, 07:22 PM
thought the dev clarified that like the armor cap, there is also a damage reduce cap? so why have 100% damage reduce lol
please +200 nerf for mephisto aa damage reduce

Oawaoebi
06-16-2021, 07:26 PM
thought the dev clarified that like the armor cap, there is also a damage reduce cap? so why have 100% damage reduce lol
please +200 nerf for mephisto aa damage reduce

If I am right its 81.25% but correct me if I am wrong.

snakeeyes
06-16-2021, 07:44 PM
If I am right its 81.25% but correct me if I am wrong.

Right i think i read it to encryption's post armor cap.

snakeeyes
06-16-2021, 07:50 PM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?492558-Armor-past-9k-is-useless-on-characters

flashio
06-17-2021, 01:46 AM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?492558-Armor-past-9k-is-useless-on-characters

What's being said in this thread is that armor can absorb a 80% when having cap armor, nothing about damage reduction itself.
I fact it's been tested several times by players in game that 100%dr is achievable, as well as its been specified on the thread.

Formature
06-17-2021, 01:52 AM
So you are fine with having a broken pet as long as "it helps everyone out". By that logic why dont we have another pet released that insta-kills all the mobs in pve! that helps every one out. No more wasting time forming a party to run when you can conveniently go into a solo map and insta-kill everything!.

Meph makes endgame content braindead easy. I do not want an expansion that Devs worked hard to make only to be completed and boring in a few days or a week.

Even in temple! I do not want a group lb where you have to grind non-stop for hours just to hold a spot.anything that helps pve players is already valid and doesn't make sense to be nerfed, as I said above if you don't like the pet just don't use it is the simplest way to solve this.

You don't want an expansion that will be boring in a few days, but I don't know if you're playing the same game as me because it already exists and is the current one where you have to kill the same boss and mob during 19283882929 waves and still have people like you who complain about nerfing things that help players in these monotonous waves.

Susanne
06-17-2021, 02:22 AM
Do people actually go to maps and "test" pets and gears now?
I think we should have a caption on pets and gears then..the caption being, "clinically and scientifically proven to cause too much or too little damage in evg". Words to that effect depending on what gets tested.
What about an Arlorian Government health warning? "This pet may seriously damage your toon!"
Then we can all make an informed decision on whether or not to take the risk.

Deathlyreaper
06-17-2021, 02:25 AM
anything that helps pve players is already valid and doesn't make sense to be nerfed, as I said above if you don't like the pet just don't use it is the simplest way to solve this.

You don't want an expansion that will be boring in a few days, but I don't know if you're playing the same game as me because it already exists and is the current one where you have to kill the same boss and mob during 19283882929 waves and still have people like you who complain about nerfing things that help players in these monotonous waves.

Glad to see that we established that you do not care about balancing the game at all :).

Formature
06-17-2021, 02:45 AM
Glad to see that we established that you do not care about balancing the game at all :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkif you say that modifying a pet in pve is "balancing" the classes I really don't want a "balancing" even though it doesn't make much sense since it's a pet and not something in the class specifically
But I respect your point even if I don't agree, I'm just defending my point that I don't think it makes any sense to nerf a pet in pve.

Alghost
06-17-2021, 06:26 AM
Okay, they Nerf meph, now what? What huge impact will this have?

61 pvp, rogues would still 1combo. Only difference there is, rogues will use glow instead of meph,

Endgame? No change players in temple would still get massive points meph or not.

Also I’m 100% sure if this pet was less than 10m this thread would not exist.

Still I question, what game-breaking quality would this make by nerfing 1 pet that would soon get dethroned by a newer stronger pet?

Deathlyreaper
06-17-2021, 06:54 AM

61 pvp, rogues would still 1combo. Only difference there is, rogues will use glow instead of meph,

Endgame? No change players in temple would still get massive points meph or not.

Still I question, what game-breaking quality would this make by nerfing 1 pet that would soon get dethroned by a newer stronger pet?

Questions like these lead me to believe you did not read this post.
1. This post is asking for some type of nerf in pve, I don’t do pvp so I cannot answer that
2. HUGE CHANGE. No more 5+ hours runs just to qualify because parties can oh i don’t know actually die!
3. Irrelevant, I have the pet already lmfao. If i have the advantage and I truly liked it why would I complain.
4. The game-breaking quality is 100% Damage Reduction!

Shimada
06-17-2021, 07:00 AM

Again, not a question of price, you're getting out of topic. What is 90m? I can buy 1.7k plat to buy this pet.

Glow is use as a defense pet and is not stacking a damage reduction and glow is being release pre era of damage reduction as what my knowledge is.

Meph is not a problem before the arrival of arc love or arc precious that stacks damage reduction as there was no other pet that you put to hb bonus that stacks to meph' op damage reduction.

I'm not sure if devs even consider checking meph(50% damage reduction) when they release arc love or arc precious, a thing to consider because it will override all the pets in your stable.

Alghost
06-17-2021, 07:40 AM
Questions like these lead me to believe you did not read this post.
1. This post is asking for some type of nerf in pve, I don’t do pvp so I cannot answer that
2. HUGE CHANGE. No more 5+ hours runs just to qualify because parties can oh i don’t know actually die!
3. Irrelevant, I have the pet already lmfao. If i have the advantage and I truly liked it why would I complain.
4. The game-breaking quality is 100% Damage Reduction!

Okay they nerf it, instead of spending 5 hours on temple you’ll be there for 4 hours. Congrats.

caabarader
06-17-2021, 08:14 AM
I would prefer make a cap for damage reduction than nerf mephisto but both are good idea+1
Is rlly sad see at this point that evg lb is like for who have more time for play...idc about evg lb,given that i don't even like the badge,only the gold farm there...but about temple it probably gonna be same as evg nowdays,a fight for see who have more time for it lol...hopefully devs make it,so all would have a chance for lb's and it don't be a case of time,but of strategy like past times...

Sent from me.

Oawaoebi
06-17-2021, 09:02 AM
I would prefer make a cap for damage reduction than nerf mephisto but both are good idea+1
Is rlly sad see at this point that evg lb is like for who have more time for play...idc about evg lb,given that i don't even like the badge,only the gold farm there...but about temple it probably gonna be same as evg nowdays,a fight for see who have more time for it lol...hopefully devs make it,so all would have a chance for lb's and it don't be a case of time,but of strategy like past times...

Sent from me.

Would be funny if everybody enters with same gear like everybody is using honor gear for it.

Justbadwolf
06-17-2021, 10:57 AM
Half the ppl commenting here either didnt read the post entirely or they just don’t understand how SDR works.
I m sure ppl like me who want it nerfed don’t exactly mean that aa effect whud be reduced at all cost…only prob is SDR and how it works in wave based maps .
Anything wd do. Either Meph gives 15-25%SDR instead of 50% or there is SDR cap… i wd happily welcome any.

trueido
06-17-2021, 11:00 AM
Something doesn't add up..
Appeantly everybody who is complaining about this egg are mephisto owners but in the actual game no one who realy owns it complain or wants it to be nerfed
most of the people who say they own it on this thread - lie (sold mephisto, can't afford)

Let's be honest the only reason most of the people here are complaining is cause temple is coming and most of players here dosnt have mephisto.
Temple is one of the only 2 events in this game which you don't have to grind 15 hours a day in order to get top 10.
and the gears for top temple LB was never cheap, deal with it

caabarader
06-17-2021, 11:10 AM
Something doesn't add up..
Appeantly everybody who is complaining about this egg are mephisto owners but in the actual game no one who realy owns it complain or wants it to be nerfed
most of the people who say they own it on this thread - lie (sold mephisto, can't afford)

Let's be honest the only reason most of the people here are complaining is cause temple is coming and most of players here dosnt have mephisto.
Temple is one of the only 2 events in this game which you don't have to grind 15 hours a day in order to get top 10.
and the gears for top temple LB was never cheap, deal with itI have mephisto and i'm complaning.We are asking for it nerf or an cap for damage reduction exactly because what u said,no one want pass hours and hours in only one run to guarantee lb,like evg is now days,hours and hours for lb because it's literally impossible to die with the high amount of damage reduction...a cap on it would make it more balanced,turning maps like evg and temple event as a really challenge of strategy and gears,not only a fight for see who have more time like lb evg nowdays lol,20m pts+,while temple last year easily could make in 1 hour or even less.

Sent from me.

sanya
06-17-2021, 11:39 AM
why still nobody started thread in bugs/issues section about 100%dmg reduce (instead having useless argues here) :D it had been dealt with %haste long time ago, i guess %dmg reduce should be same

friana
06-17-2021, 12:20 PM
whats problem ? if you dont need dont use. if someone using leave map. want get LB for spend short time ? delete this game

KarTik1
06-17-2021, 12:38 PM
Make meph swamp temple boss drop
Swam already was a kind of event where boss drop op loot like arcane and heroics
First swamp event drop was heroic samael
So make meph dropable there xd

KarTik1
06-17-2021, 12:56 PM
In my openion most of the players are answering on thread are player who are playing from long .
Cause nee players dont use fourms that much meph is a old pet and the people who answer here have that pet. But its only 4-5 % of the community.
Not all player have like 30k ho built with those damage reduction pets i have 20k hp and using arc precious hb and baby aa to farm evg
But its hard for me to tank after wave 60+ cause i cant afford 2k str gears will meph save me . I dont think so cause gears are still more needed and not that pet can help you to run with legendary or mythic gears to farm evg.
Only players are crying for nerf here who have it and just dont have time in there real life and bored from game .
What makes a expension in rpg game is the item drop not how it eassy to farm it is.
If you want to farm event lb you need to have time in real life its a mmorpg game which requires time to acchive something.
The peoples who have it either they use plats to get it or they used to be hard core farmers who used to farm like 5-7 hours a day.
Now bored from game dont have much time for it so just want to nerf it so others who have time wont be able to make a score they cant reach.
I love the idea of balancing game but tell me how many meph users are out there in end game as compare to total no of players who run evg.
Like 1-2% and then tell me who it is damaging game.
And i am player who font have it but i get happy when i see a player have it in my pt ty.

IExposedYou
06-17-2021, 01:30 PM
Just check evg lb and ask top players to respond here if they want it to be nerfed if you don’t trust some of the already posted answers. Pretty sure those top players have Mephisto.

But I can tell you already that I recognize some posted answers that want a change and those players are top warriors.

Alghost
06-17-2021, 03:15 PM
Can the ppl who do temple get an opinion. Sounds like you’re just ignorant
OMG, I too have seen the light and now am with you in nerfing mephisto brother. Please spare my small insect brain for I am no better than your average bear.

killerrrwhale
06-17-2021, 04:40 PM
+1000 for nerf
I was gonna stay silent but I am just baffled to see those ppl who r not even on a single lb and making comments here like they own this game.(not naming names but we all knw who dont want meph to be nerfed).If you cannot find AL entertaining u in a more balanced environment, go play fruit ninja or doodle jump.
After reading the post , its so ez to see that this pet and stacking dmg reduc has become too op and needs to be taken down a notch so that players can find some challenges for their skill…otherwise sts can just introduce a simple ult which will killl all enemies on map and this discussion will be ended.

Zevileinstein
06-17-2021, 05:09 PM
STS should also clarify some of these pet's passive, happiness bonus, and arcane ability descriptions. Most of them lack details or just too vague in general.

PeterB
06-17-2021, 05:30 PM
+1
Completely imbalanced. If you want us to have a god mode, then just give us a god mode.

Deathlyreaper
06-17-2021, 05:41 PM
Not all player have like 30k ho built with those damage reduction pets i have 20k hp and using arc precious hb and baby aa to farm evg
But its hard for me to tank after wave 60+ cause i cant afford 2k str gears will meph save me . I dont think so cause gears are still more needed and not that pet can help you to run with legendary or mythic gears to farm evg.

I can assure you that not having 2k str isnt what’s causing your death, it’s the lack of meph AA (assuming you have the basic arcane gears for war). I have farmed with warriors who have 1.6-1.8k str and they easily go past wave 60 lol. As long as you have the right gears for tanks and meph AA you will rarely die at wave 60 lol.

Luckycharmx
06-17-2021, 06:00 PM
I can assure you that not having 2k str isnt what’s causing your death, it’s the lack of meph AA (assuming you have the basic arcane gears for war). I have farmed with warriors who have 1.6-1.8k str and they easily go past wave 60 lol. As long as you have the right gears for tanks and meph AA you will rarely die at wave 60 lol.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] if you got H tad with 35%DR arc prec 25%SDR wrang belt 25%SDR plus Arc arie’s 15%SDR and a valley settler set proc that will give you 2x damage and 2x armor for 6 seconds if it procs,a war with 1.3k could reach way beyond w60 [emoji23][emoji23] gotta have skills to run EVG, 2k str with meph but with no skills will bring you no where. Trust me been running EVG with 1.3k base str ofc with stacking equipment can bring me way beyond w60, And that time i used arc were,arc taika and glow. and also it has something to do with the party members as well and what AA they’re using. What else? So is it still Impossible to reach 100% DR without using meph? And also i didn’t even mention meph and baby blizz AA’s and arc arie’s life leech yet so its not the pet (mephisto) carries you in evg multiplayer, its a team effort. With OP items such as high primary stats or BD awakes, procs, pet’s AA combos and team skills, its like you’re saying that even a player that doesn’t know how to run evg has a higher survival rate because “he has meph [emoji849][emoji849]”, remember meph’s AA skill can only last atleast 6-7 seconds which is enough to kill the mobs and it takes 20 seconds to cool down that is why when you ask LB runners about how long do they need to clear a wave most of them will tell you At least 20 seconds and plus as a war user we have this skill called juggernaut so making a thread about nerfing meph just doesn’t make sense, the fact that theres another god like pet called arc arie and has 15% life leech or life steal paired with glint aegis
While the skull axe proc is active. You can’t die ( as a war) so yeah nerfing meph is a [emoji1304] i feel like all those pets and items that has stacking stats in it is made for endless waves like the EVG and the Temple. Even nerfing meph doesn’t mean it will balance the game. Specifically in EVG or Temple since there’s other options to choose from with the same results and i think the issue is more on the SDR side, only reason why sts did what they did is in every wave the mobs and the boss damages goes up to a certain percentage and in order to counter it they came up with the SDR but still, team skills and timing is the reason why the players that are currently in the LB evg are in there.

Sent from Hogwarts using Tapatalk

Shimada
06-17-2021, 09:37 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] if you got H tad with 35%DR arc prec 25%SDR wrang belt 25%SDR plus Arc arie’s 15%SDR a war with 1.3k could reach way beyond w60 [emoji23][emoji23] gotta have skills to run EVG, 2k str with meph but with no skills will bring you no where. Trust me been running EVG with 1.3k base str ofc with stacking equipment can bring me way beyond w60, And that time i used arc taika and glow. and also it has something to do with the party members as well and what AA they’re using. What else? Impossible to reach 100% DR?

Thank you for bringing this up, all the more reason developer need to check the damage reduction stacking part in this game.

trueido
06-18-2021, 06:03 AM
I am pretty sure mephisto AA has been the same since it came out (and even if they changed it, the AA is the same in the past 12 months at least)
and no one has ever complained. only when temple is coming and people wanna get LB and they can't afford they are crying.
where were you people in the past year?
it wasn't OP back then?
The Hypocrisy.

tailwarrior
06-18-2021, 06:32 AM
If it is op as you say guys then send proof to sts that it allows 100% dmg red or suggest not to allow dmg red stacking in the first place .

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Oawaoebi
06-18-2021, 06:47 AM
I am pretty sure mephisto AA has been the same since it came out (and even if they changed it, the AA is the same in the past 12 months at least)
and no one has ever complained. only when temple is coming and people wanna get LB and they can't afford they are crying.
it wasn't OP back then?
The Hypocrisy.

Thats not the problem of having a very good aa. The problem is that with new other pets it is possible to get almost complete dmg reduction.

arcanefid
06-18-2021, 06:48 AM
Mephisto needs a nerf.

Procs stacking should stop, I've been saying this from the moment we could stack Cackling Bonesaw + Glint Aegis back in 46 Cap, and at a later point even with Drag Sword. Not sure if anyone remembers the tears of Mages and Rogues in PvP back then.

For those who are against nerfing things in PvE because it helps everyone, I feel sorry for the logic.

Kystone
06-18-2021, 09:44 AM
it wasn't OP back then?
The Hypocrisy.

Have u even read the thread yet? We know mephisto has been the same, it’s a problem with STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION pets. There were no STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION pets until a few months ago. Mephisto has 50% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION in the aa. Arcane belt has 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. Baby blizz has 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. Arcanite precious and arcanite loveling have 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. In reality, u can receive 125% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION, which is well over 100% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION, which makes u INVULNERABLE to damage for 9-10 SECONDS. Thanks

Deathlyreaper
06-18-2021, 09:53 AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] if you got H tad with 35%DR arc prec 25%SDR wrang belt 25%SDR plus Arc arie’s 15%SDR and a valley settler set proc that will give you 2x damage and 2x armor for 6 seconds if it procs,a war with 1.3k could reach way beyond w60 [emoji23][emoji23] gotta have skills to run EVG, 2k str with meph but with no skills will bring you no where. Trust me been running EVG with 1.3k base str ofc with stacking equipment can bring me way beyond w60, And that time i used arc were,arc taika and glow. and also it has something to do with the party members as well and what AA they’re using. What else? So is it still Impossible to reach 100% DR without using meph? And also i didn’t even mention meph and baby blizz AA’s and arc arie’s life leech yet so its not the pet (mephisto) carries you in evg multiplayer, its a team effort. With OP items such as high primary stats or BD awakes, procs, pet’s AA combos and team skills, its like you’re saying that even a player that doesn’t know how to run evg has a higher survival rate because “he has meph [emoji849][emoji849]”, remember meph’s AA skill can only last atleast 6-7 seconds which is enough to kill the mobs and it takes 20 seconds to cool down that is why when you ask LB runners about how long do they need to clear a wave most of them will tell you At least 20 seconds and plus as a war user we have this skill called juggernaut so making a thread about nerfing meph just doesn’t make sense, the fact that theres another god like pet called arc arie and has 15% life leech or life steal paired with glint aegis
While the skull axe proc is active. You can’t die ( as a war) so yeah nerfing meph is a [emoji1304] i feel like all those pets and items that has stacking stats in it is made for endless waves like the EVG and the Temple. Even nerfing meph doesn’t mean it will balance the game. Specifically in EVG or Temple since there’s other options to choose from with the same results and i think the issue is more on the SDR side, only reason why sts did what they did is in every wave the mobs and the boss damages goes up to a certain percentage and in order to counter it they came up with the SDR but still, team skills and timing is the reason why the players that are currently in the LB evg are in there.

All this is telling me is u agree with what I said lol. 2k Str doesn’t have as much of an effect as SDR.

And I never mentioned that other team members don’t matter. The survivability I was referring to is survivability against mobs at the beginning of the wave (bc thats a common way warriors die).

It’s also quite funny that you mention H Tad, Arc Prec and “plus Arc Arie”, are you able to have 2 pets in evg when you are doing a solo warrior?? is that how you are surviving mobs? lol. If u are considering HTad passive, it doesn’t stack like SDR

tailwarrior
06-18-2021, 09:57 AM
Btw how do you all know meph does dmg red
,I can't find it in the description

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

trueido
06-18-2021, 10:00 AM

caabarader
06-18-2021, 10:11 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about LOL
when you have jug (65% non stacking dmg reduction) and on top on it mephisto AA, Arcanite precious HB and lets even add baby blizz AA so you could understand it better:

ITS NOT 65% + 50% + 25% + 25% = 165% damage reduction.

the stacking part take place into the remaining damage you take from the highest to the lowest.
so lets say you take 10,000 damage.
10,000 * 0.35 (jug) = 3,500
3,500 * 0.5 (Mephis) = 1750
1750 * 0.75(arc precious hb) = 1312.5
1312.5 * 0.75 (baby bliz aa) = 984.375

YOU CAN'T HAVE 100% DMG REDUCTION EXCEPT FROM HEAL SHIELD.
DON'T THROW RANDOM STUFF TO THE AIR WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING A BASIC CALCULATION.

Why don't u try? Because i tried,meph aa+baby blizz aa and arc precious hb and it let me and who get the aa buffs also invulnerable ,tell me if u still get damage from mobs or bosses,if u don't,that's called 100%DAMAGE REDUCTION.
i even tried in elite mauso solo,and destroying those structures like barrel,i get boldness belt proc 25%damage reduction,use mephisto aa 50% and using arc precious as hb 25%,total of 100%,and mobs hitting me but for my surprise,0 damage.Try things before u comment something wrong about. :)

Sent from me.

trueido
06-18-2021, 10:13 AM

caabarader
06-18-2021, 10:13 AM
Btw how do you all know meph does dmg red
,I can't find it in the description

Sent from my SM-A505F using TapatalkBy testing? Lol

Sent from me.

gilsooon
06-18-2021, 10:16 AM
+1 I realized that meph has been very op ever since the newer pets with op stacking damage reduction were introduced. Nerf both pve and pvp, not harsh nerf but just rescaling.

Deathlyreaper
06-18-2021, 10:16 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about LOL
when you have jug (65% non stacking dmg reduction) and on top of it mephisto AA, Arcanite precious HB and lets even add baby blizz AA so you could understand it better:

ITS NOT 65% + 50% + 25% + 25% = 165% damage reduction.

the stacking part take place into the remaining damage you take from the highest to the lowest.
so lets say you take 10,000 damage.
10,000 * 0.35 (jug) = 3,500
3,500 * 0.5 (Mephis) = 1750
1750 * 0.75(arc precious hb) = 1312.5
1312.5 * 0.75 (baby bliz aa) = 984.375

YOU CAN'T HAVE 100% DMG REDUCTION EXCEPT FROM HEAL SHIELD.
DON'T THROW RANDOM STUFF TO THE AIR WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING A BASIC CALCULATION.

And here we have someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about, telling other people that they don’t know what they’re talking about.

trueido
06-18-2021, 10:21 AM

Deathlyreaper
06-18-2021, 10:28 AM
You need to understand ur mistake, "125% stacking damage you immortal to damage for 9-10 seconds" ur words
while in reality its impossible.
ok even if you don't use jug, the stacking damage reduc works by reducing the "leftovers" you take beyond.
in Futumsh words:
Normal damage reduction is a buff which reducing the damage you take after ur armor take place.
You can only have ONE damage reduction buff which is the highest for example if you use glow stick at the first second 95% SDR and also 25% damage reduction elix you only have 95%.
but if the 25% elix was stacking, it would reduce 25% of the 5% of the damage left from glowstick AA.

Glowstick (first sec) + baby bliz AA allows you to have 96% damage reduction.

100 * 0.05 * 0.75 = 96.25%
Did you get it? your explaination is wrong and make no sense, don't bother explain.

Here is the math since u seem to be misinformed.
100*(nonstacking)*(stacking)
let’s say a mob does 100 damage and u have 25% Non-stacking DR Elixir, Arc Prec HB, Meph AA Active, Blizz AA (from your teammate).
100*(25%from elixir)*(25%+50%+25%). Convert the percentages DR to their decimals it would be like this.
100*0.75*0=0 damage.

Without wrangler belt u can get 100% SDR, with it u can get 125% SDR

Kystone
06-18-2021, 10:32 AM
https://youtu.be/iphqBMSqQJI

Here’s a recording for people who don’t believe me

Ilove_Poopoo
06-18-2021, 11:51 AM
It's evident from the video above that they've sustained immortality for more than enough time to clear out mobs without a scratch.

What impact does this have on future content?Well, it nullifies the point of any difficulty increase, that in turn makes it a lot less of a challenge, boring. Mobs dealing infinite damage wouldn't make a difference.

Cinco
06-18-2021, 11:59 AM
So here is what I get from this: damage reduction, from a systemic perspective, needs to be adjusted to prevent Players' sustained immunity to damage. It's not specifically about Mephisto, though his AA's should probably be reviewed again after the damage reduction system has been addressed (to have a limit that addresses the core concern).

Kakashis
06-18-2021, 01:25 PM
So here is what I get from this: damage reduction, from a systemic perspective, needs to be adjusted to prevent Players' sustained immunity to damage. It's not specifically about Mephisto, though his AA's should probably be reviewed again after the damage reduction system has been addressed (to have a limit that addresses the core concern).

Yeah pretty much. If luck at 100% doesn't get rerolls on every item, a game changing aspect of damage reduction shouldn't make you take 0 damage if your reduction reaches 100%

I would have thought that 100% reduction is just like gold loot percentage. If you were to get damaged 5000, 100% reduction would mean you get hit 2500 instead of a 0.

Luckycharmx
06-18-2021, 02:04 PM
All this is telling me is u agree with what I said lol. 2k Str doesn’t have as much of an effect as SDR.

And I never mentioned that other team members don’t matter. The survivability I was referring to is survivability against mobs at the beginning of the wave (bc thats a common way warriors die).

It’s also quite funny that you mention H Tad, Arc Prec and “plus Arc Arie”, are you able to have 2 pets in evg when you are doing a solo warrior?? is that how you are surviving mobs? lol. If u are considering HTad passive, it doesn’t stack like SDR

Use h tad as primary slotted arc prec in hb slotted arc arie in AA and i dont go solo, i go with group, “it doesn’t stack like SDR” bruh i know that but having 35% dr as a pssive makes a big difference

Xerofith
06-18-2021, 02:25 PM
All my homies hate on meph. It is broken asf. Glowstick for balanced gameplay :3

snakeeyes
06-18-2021, 02:45 PM
I suggest make mephisto's aa 50% damage reduction chance only just like arcanite ryker's aa, peace XD

KarTik1
06-18-2021, 02:53 PM

What i said bro its hard after wave 60 its not i cant reach there easily lol
What i am saying is that if people want challenges they can play hardcore xd and try to get lb on their may be many of them are already on some lb who want meph to nerf.
But how many lb are affected because of this pet.
Evg,swamp may be 1 or 2 more lbs right?
And how many lb we have in total?
Including all event lbs .
More then 50 I guess.
If a pet only affecting game by a scratch why even crying about it .
I mean go for some other lb’s there are tons of them . I have friends who are on lb from past 2-3 events in class and none of them have meph.
And why only crying to play 5-6 hours in swamp event tell me a single lb where you can run for 1-2 hours a day and can be on top 10 . None right any big event like ursoth,goblin,winter,hallow ween they all take like 10-14 hrs of run every day to stay on lb and i am saying every day in 2 week run time.
And in swamp it will only take 5-6 hours of run to get on lb then why people are yelling about it.
Make game fun thats all we want k can understand i am also old player playing since norder was released. And used to be challenging alot to run elite maps it used to take 10-15 mins to simply run a map for average pt back then with pink gears.
But game had changed by alot .
If you are asking to put cap on certain thing that it should also apply to all others too.
Like armor and luck are caped .
If people want to cap sdr to 60-75 % thats good.
But also fight for puting cap on gold loot to 700gl
And damage cap to 700% bonous damage
And other stat too.
What really ruin the game is awakning not a pet.
You cant run evg with a party of full pink gears who are even using 4 mephs xd

KarTik1
06-18-2021, 03:09 PM
Have u even read the thread yet? We know mephisto has been the same, it’s a problem with STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION pets. There were no STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION pets until a few months ago. Mephisto has 50% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION in the aa. Arcane belt has 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. Baby blizz has 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. Arcanite precious and arcanite loveling have 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. In reality, u can receive 125% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION, which is well over 100% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION, which makes u INVULNERABLE to damage for 9-10 SECONDS. Thanks

Proc all of them at the same time ang try to get hit you will still get some damage.
Cause there is no such thing as 100% damage reduction except heal shield and mage shield.
It takes whole pt to be good cause you cant have 100% all time also depends on your hotbar swaps and pings and many other things .
And its very complex mechanics cause we also have armor which gives 82% damage reduction if i am correct on our total hp.
Suppose we have 10k hp 82% damage reduction by armor if you are tank and have 9-10 k armor eassily.
But mobs and bosses dont do like 5-7 k damage per hit . The damage output shows in game is only how much we getting after all calculations.
Lets suppose Boss do like 20 k damage and on 10k hp and 80% dam reduce from armor the damage we get will be 4k .
And damage reduction apply after the armor damage reduction.
On the remaining hp we have on 10k hp it will be 1.8 k hp after applying armor dmr.
And other sdr is apply on that remaining health we have not on over all hp.
Its very complicated and complex to understand only a thread by a dev can solve all our isses .
How everything works in this game .
But i saw nothing in years on these kind of knowledge by devs only a few support post here there but not a proper guide by devs.

caabarader
06-18-2021, 03:15 PM
Proc all of them at the same time ang try to get hit you will still get some damage.
Cause there is no such thing as 100% damage reduction except heal shield and mage shield.
It takes whole pt to be good cause you cant have 100% all time also depends on your hotbar swaps and pings and many other things .
And its very complex mechanics cause we also have armor which gives 82% damage reduction if i am correct on our total hp.
Suppose we have 10k hp 82% damage reduction by armor if you are tank and have 9-10 k armor eassily.
But mobs and bosses dont do like 5-7 k damage per hit . The damage output shows in game is only how much we getting after all calculations.
Lets suppose Boss do like 20 k damage and on 10k hp and 80% dam reduce from armor the damage we get will be 4k .
And damage reduction apply after the armor damage reduction.
On the remaining hp we have on 10k hp it will be 1.8 k hp after applying armor dmr.
And other sdr is apply on that remaining health we have not on over all hp.
Its very complicated and complex to understand only a thread by a dev can solve all our isses .
How everything works in this game .
But i saw nothing in years on these kind of knowledge by devs only a few support post here there but not a proper guide by devs.

Are u blind or can't watch a youtube video?

https://youtu.be/iphqBMSqQJI

Here’s a recording for people who don’t believe me

Sent from me.

zeferoth
06-18-2021, 03:18 PM
time to sell meph😂😂

Tchrwitch
06-18-2021, 06:09 PM
time to sell meph[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Luckycharmx
06-18-2021, 09:26 PM
All my homies hate on meph. It is broken asf. Glowstick for balanced gameplay :3

Looks like imma slot my meph’s AA with glow that should work[emoji23]

Redjellydonut
06-19-2021, 12:59 PM
I didnt know Mephisto was that good lol...never used it [emoji2371] im og player so im chillin with a nekro aa if needed [emoji23]

Twomucho
06-19-2021, 08:49 PM
Sounds like wave map mechanics need fixing to me but what do I know.

merlintrue
06-19-2021, 10:44 PM
After reading this agruement and seeing a well known glitch finder to hit lb say its cause noone can afford a easy obtainable today 90m only three thing i hate in this world, market manipulators,claiming your rich cause you wanna say you are noticable, and nonalcholic and these fruity flavored beers today!

+1 on the nurf.

Xtremez
06-19-2021, 11:09 PM
+1 Just nerf meph. Unfair for those who can only afford glowstik and stand no chance to get to higher waves...

Bbking
06-20-2021, 01:10 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210620/6d0b1fdb1b24143474bfece71690aa92.jpg
so? because Meph AA?

Xtremez
06-20-2021, 04:05 AM
So obvious every single player in those groups (who btw are just the same players on different runs add or minus one player or two) is meph buffed xd. That's like a whole day a run considering that 1m points is just around wave 70.... One of the leading reasons why meph needs to be nerfed badly since these scores are just outrageous and impossible to achieve without that pet. I'd say the best you could get without meph would be around wave 90-100 maybe a little bit more if everyone plays good but meph just boosts these guys to wave 500+

Nexior
06-20-2021, 05:51 AM
So obvious every single player in those groups (who btw are just the same players on different runs add or minus one player or two) is meph buffed xd. That's like a whole day a run considering that 1m points is just around wave 70.... One of the leading reasons why meph needs to be nerfed badly since these scores are just outrageous and impossible to achieve without that pet. I'd say the best you could get without meph would be around wave 90-100 maybe a little bit more if everyone plays good but meph just boosts these guys to wave 500+900 xD

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

snakeeyes
06-20-2021, 07:23 AM
+300 for nerf mephisto
+300 for reset leaderboard
+200 make a damage reduction cap 80% only
+200 for free mephisto to next event even it is nerfed.

Advocacies
06-20-2021, 09:41 AM
Nerf Mephisto broken AA xD , big nerf for pvp and slightly nerf for PvE

BaronB
06-20-2021, 02:09 PM
So Mephisto has been out a year... never been an issue or problem...

Newer pets have been coming out and now it's a problem...

Hmm seems like the issue would be with the new pets then really no ? esp as meph has been exactly the same... so considering it was never an issue before, and now it is tho it's still the same... why is the request to nerf a pet that never had a problem in the first place?

especially as it was a pet given to players who had achieved leaderboards and nerfing it now would just be a slap to the face...

(so work hard spend time and money to get into leaderboards... only to have the prize you earnt be nerfed after a year?... come on behave yourselves)

If there was a glitch or a bug with Mephisto then it makes sense to ask for changed and correction, but there isn't...

So makes more sense to be asking to nerf newer pets especially ones that people didn't need to hit the leaderboards to obtain, also makes sense to be more mindful of future pets and also having better descriptions about pet AAs and making them more clear.

What doesn't make sense is this nerf thread for a pet that's a year old that was also given as a reward for leaderboard runners.

Ps. there is also an awakening event coming up soon enough so getting better-awakened gears, and actually learning to play properly and not just button mashing will also lead to a lot better results.

I'm neither an owner of the pet nor am I a LB player so this is an unbiased perspective on the topic so rather then be sucked in by crowd mentality best to look at it as logically as possible with as little emotion towards it all as possible :)

1 <3

*edit more below*

After a little more looking around, seems best solution would be to just have a max% of damg reduction that can ever be achieved regardless of what elixirs or pets are used.

Say max dam reduction is set to 85% then regardless of having Mephisto or any other pets in party along with elixirs, once a player his the 85% reduction then the rest is just a waste.

That way no pets need to worry about being nerfed also wouldn't need to be so concerned about "select" few that's getting high up on leaderboards as the only advantage they would realistly have is more knowledge on knowing how to run a map

Luckycharmx
06-20-2021, 05:03 PM
Ya nerf mephisto, also nerf eterno and glow. So as arc were, arc arie’s and baby blizz AA nerf all of them. [emoji23]

BaronB
06-20-2021, 06:30 PM
Ya nerf mephisto, also nerf eterno and glow. So as arc were, arc arie’s and baby blizz AA nerf all of them. [emoji23]

STS coming in here with them Nerf guns...

|Ares|
06-20-2021, 07:10 PM
Adjust the damage reduction stacking in the game as suggested by everyone in the thread and then afterwards have a view at Mephisto's range of abilities. Having a total stack over 100%+ damage reduction from gears and pets should not happen since it literally prevents you from dying for decent amount of time where following the same strategy u can literally just carry on until you feel like it / lag and die/ decide to leave the map yourself. This should not have a place honestly.

Yanderechann
06-20-2021, 07:29 PM
Based from what I've been reading so far the main problem came after the introduction of %SDR pets, I highly agree that capping the %DR reduction would solve this issue without hurting any of the parties and having a win win scenario. Don't get me wrong I don't own meph since I've been rocking with my nekro ever since, and didn't know that Damage reduction goes way over 100% xD. Besides got no idea that meph has 50% DR since it doesn't stated from its description, either way the best solution for this one is to cap the %DR.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk

capeo
06-20-2021, 09:46 PM
Make the game harder and leave meph alone

Luckycharmx
06-20-2021, 10:49 PM
STS coming in here with them Nerf guns...

Lmao

Vvards
06-21-2021, 01:41 AM
Make the game harder and leave meph alone

making the game harder, meaning the game becomes unplayable unless you have mephisto right? whatever happened to variety in choice of pets when everyone just wants to have that “ONE” pet that trumps them all. just saying.

Oawaoebi
06-21-2021, 03:03 AM
What about cottonkill aa? lasts 11 secs and makes you unvulnerable. Why is he worse than mephisto?

will0
06-21-2021, 03:20 AM
Leave Meph alone agree ! old pet now talking about nerf?? Check the mechanics of the game which is broken

Vvards
06-21-2021, 03:22 AM
What about cottonkill aa? lasts 11 secs and makes you unvulnerable. Why is he worse than mephisto?

cottonkills shield breaks after receiving a certain amount of damage, viability of that shield does not last 6secs especially when taking damage from high level bosses and mobs

-Rogue-
06-21-2021, 04:14 AM

at lvl60+ pet cotton shield can absorb only 5k damage, at 76 rogue vs rogue (even with maxed armor) its 1-2 combos (with mephisto buff) to break enemy's cotton shield and kill...

UhngAdhiN
06-21-2021, 05:49 AM
The reason why its soo expensive is its aa giving effect... If u have one working its better be quiet. Let new buyers experience first. Obsi base, arc love hb mep aa aint untouchable.. its ur gear and party that matters... But having solo play it feels like its balance.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

BaronB
06-21-2021, 06:47 AM
Wonder if half of you even remember when SNS first came out and a handful of players ruled the game so to speak back in the day lol.

Pointless "fixing" any pets until damage reduction stacking is capped/fixed which is the main issue...

Today its Mephesto, Tomorrow will be another pet being called for to be nerfed unless the main cause of the issue is fixed first place.

Its like having leaky water pipes that damage your walls... nerfing Mephisto is the equivalent of fixing the walls and not the actual pipe that's leaking water in the first place causing the damage.

1 <3

-Rogue-
06-21-2021, 09:38 AM
idk why you all still talk about mephisto here and why this thread alive :D cinco already said twice (in this thread + in suggestions section) that %stacking dmg reduce will work differently soon (small nerf to avoid 100% dmg reduce)

Wap
06-22-2021, 12:54 AM

Theres a huge difference though, glow timing requires skill because it only provides 1 second of invulnerability. If you use it too early then it isn’t as effective, but if you use it too late you’ll take full damage. With meph, 1 click and you turn into superman, theres no counter to it. 6 seconds of increased damage and basically invincibility lol

Luckycharmx
06-22-2021, 01:04 AM
Theres a huge difference though, glow timing requires skill because it only provides 1 second of invulnerability. If you use it too early then it isn’t as effective, but if you use it too late you’ll take full damage. With meph, 1 click and you turn into superman, theres no counter to it. 6 seconds of increased damage and basically invincibility lol

There’s a counter, get a meph aswell if ur talking about pvp, but if you’re talking about nerfing meph in pve what difference would it make? Dude people are complaining about the damage reduction reaching 100% with or without meph, so what else?

Wap
06-22-2021, 01:06 AM
There’s a counter, get a meph aswell if ur talking about pvp, but if you’re talking about nerfing meph in pve what difference would it make? Dude people are complaining about the damage reduction reaching 100% with or without meph, so what else?

If the only way to counter a pet is by using the same pet… then the pet is, you guessed it… broken lol. If something in game is broken it needs a… you guessed it a nerf.

Read this out loud to yourself: Meph gives 100% damage reduction for 6 seconds with a click of a button. For 6 seconds meph gives insane damage and basic immunity.
Does that not sound broken to you? Read it to yourself lol

Luckycharmx
06-22-2021, 01:10 AM
If the only way to counter a pet is by using the same pet… then the pet is, you guessed it… broken lol. If something in game is broken it needs a… you guessed it a nerf.

Read this out loud to yourself: Meph gives 100% damage reduction for 6 seconds with a click of a button. For 6 seconds meph gives insane damage and basic immunity.
Does that not sound broken to you? Read it to yourself lol

Did you try using AA without any gears? And make sure the hb is base mephisto. Lemme know if its still 100% damage reduction cuz i can tell you right now you are very wrong. Test it and prove me wrong. No gears! Base mephisto HB and use AA . And run towards the mobs after AA

Luckycharmx
06-22-2021, 01:40 AM
Is anybody here wanna prove to me that meph’s AA makes someone here immortal for 6s without any gears?

Ilove_Poopoo
06-22-2021, 01:42 AM
Did you try using AA without any gears? And make sure the hb is base mephisto. Lemme know if its 100% damage reduction cuz i can tell you right now you are very wrong. Test it and prove me wrong. No gears! Base mephisto HB and use AA . And run towards the mobs after AA

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThis is a good entry for the "Tell me you haven't read the thread without telling me you haven't read the thread"

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 01:43 AM
Is anybody here wanna prove to me that meph’s AA makes someone here immortal for 6s without any gears?

lol whats the point @.@

Luckycharmx
06-22-2021, 01:43 AM
Well i was responding to wap, and obviously its not the pet’s aa the problem. Its the damage reduction specially the stacking one.

Wap
06-22-2021, 01:45 AM
Well i was responding to wap, and obviously its not the pet’s aa the problem. Its the damage reduction specially the stacking one.

Bro what? Please read through before you comment man. Ok so you say the stacking damage reduction is the problem, can you recite to me what the pet aa gives? Increased damage as well as ______ _________

Luckycharmx
06-22-2021, 01:46 AM
lol whats the point @.@

[emoji849][emoji849] what was this thread all about?

Luckycharmx
06-22-2021, 01:49 AM
Bro what? Please read through before you comment man. Ok so you say the stacking damage reduction is the problem, can you recite to me what the pet aa gives? Increased damage as well as ______ _________

I’ll give you one. Baby blizz. Like it was already mentioned above. So what else? Did you do ur research about meph “giving 100% damage reduction? “ [emoji23][emoji23] u better do it in evg or crypt. With no gears at all and use meph AA lets see if u can last “6s”

Kystone
06-22-2021, 10:52 AM

https://youtu.be/6QDjDVBis4g

snakeeyes
06-22-2021, 02:22 PM

Wow even in 0 armor you are like superman in 6sec.

+1,0000 for nerf mephisto's aa please

IExposedYou
06-22-2021, 02:52 PM

Can you elaborate a little bit?
I see you took no damage after heal expired. I assume your pet aa is Mephisto and hb is arc precious or loveling? What elixir were you using? And i assume nekro was using baby aa?

Verbie
06-22-2021, 03:51 PM

Always has been.

Sam, Nekro, Sns, etc, the list goes on.

Nerf nekro threads used to be a dime a dozen. Now that they are everywhere you don't hear a word.

caabarader
06-22-2021, 03:58 PM
Can you elaborate a little bit?
I see you took no damage after heal expired. I assume your pet aa is Mephisto and hb is arc precious or loveling? What elixir were you using? And i assume nekro was using baby aa?The rog used baby blizz aa(25%),he used mephisto aa(50%) and was using arc precious or arc love as hb(25%)
Since all stack, the sum of everything is 100%damage reduction what make him immortal.

Sent from me.

Nataniel119
06-24-2021, 09:19 AM
Ohh nerf meph but 3xmags on evg broken is fine? meph is meta now and what it s problem? some pets need to be meta lol.6-8sec immo is bad but 500k dmg on war when ult is fine?Sad ppl don t think now..

Kolpertis_333
06-24-2021, 09:38 AM

Still I question, what game-breaking quality would this make by nerfing 1 pet that would soon get dethroned by a newer stronger pet?Havent you seen evg lb scores? 84m.. That is just because of mephisto because warrior cant die, before people started using mephisto + arc loveling highest score in evg was 6.2m idk about you but i can see 77.8 m problems with that pet.

Poslano sa mog VOG-L29 koristeći Tapatalk

Nataniel119
06-24-2021, 11:54 AM
lol so i give You mine meph and go and do 100m+ it s about timing,skill,eq,good synchro with team itc not only meph xd

Kolpertis_333
06-24-2021, 02:07 PM
lol so i give You mine meph and go and do 100m+ it s about timing,skill,eq,good synchro with team itc not only meph xdEvg is not hard, waves can be cleared in around 20 seconds, Especially because you can use arcane 71 and get better stats each wave, so it gets easier as you go, but with meph staying alive is easier, Especially if 2 in the party have it, warrior uses it on mobs and someone else on boss

Poslano sa mog VOG-L29 koristeći Tapatalk

Tuhguhbuhbuh
06-25-2021, 11:12 AM
Dear Devs,

Please leave this pet as it is in pve.

Thank you.

KarTik1
06-25-2021, 06:14 PM
Ohh nerf meph but 3xmags on evg broken is fine? meph is meta now and what it s problem? some pets need to be meta lol.6-8sec immo is bad but 500k dmg on war when ult is fine?Sad ppl don t think now..

There is a reason why its called ulti bro and waht about ultimate aimed shot ulti bro isnt that op enough. Wars ulti gives us 500k+ damage when we are on proc of axe+ aegis and chasmal and ebon armor both then we reach that much damage . With only ulti we can reach 180-190k depend on base stat .same with rouges with ulti aimed you can one shot any boss if you are under proc of every item you have .

Soyeonara
06-25-2021, 10:45 PM
I would rather sts remove the stacking proc first, then mephisto stacking damage reduction. Dont make the map become easier to complete them.

Potofgreed
06-25-2021, 11:48 PM
you guys should be asking for making every thing clear in the descriptions.

there is a lot of things hidden in the game and simplified in text. the descriptions dont tell us everything a lot of things are left out.

only the people that dig into the game are willing to find what items and pets are actually doing.

mep has been like this for almost 2 years and people know now? lol why did it take so long ? .

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

BaronB
06-26-2021, 05:30 AM
Jist of most of these threads...

(everyone still nit picking at old pets... root of the problem is clearly being able to even stack damage reduction to over 100+% in the first place which is what needs looking at... that then would solve 99% of the problems and no ones pets have been touched... To that over here we say....Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!)

Nexior
06-26-2021, 05:34 AM
I would rather sts remove the stacking proc first, then mephisto stacking damage reduction. Dont make the map become easier to complete them.U are winner of worst idea in 2021 .

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Shake
06-26-2021, 05:36 AM
I would rather sts remove the stacking proc first, then mephisto stacking damage reduction. Dont make the map become easier to complete them.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/AAsj7jdrHjtp6/giphy.gif

Kystone
06-26-2021, 07:17 AM
you guys should be asking for making every thing clear in the descriptions.

there is a lot of things hidden in the game and simplified in text. the descriptions dont tell us everything a lot of things are left out.

only the people that dig into the game are willing to find what items and pets are actually doing.

mep has been like this for almost 2 years and people know now? lol why did it take so long ? .

It became a problem with stacking damage reduction, if you read the thread you would know this. People knew it had 50% damage reduction for awhile, and is fairly easy to find out

Oawaoebi
06-26-2021, 08:10 AM

utilise again is this your alt?

Potofgreed
06-26-2021, 08:59 AM
It became a problem with stacking damage reduction, if you read the thread you would know this. People knew it had 50% damage reduction for awhile, and is fairly easy to find out
im just saying it should have been on the description. if it was this would have came up a long time ago and not now.

Soyeonara
06-26-2021, 10:26 AM
Well, I just stand with my point (besides i dont do as suggestion like creating a thread for it or taking someone's opinion to disagree my point, as no to stacking proc). And stop it for saying this is another alt from someone unknown that I never recognised.

Btw I do agree with Potofgreed opinion, STS should desribe more clearly on some pet's AA (in this case Mephisto). What percent of damage or damage reduction that is give, what kind of defense (some pet just tell you it grants defense, but what type of defense really it give, is it dmg reduction, or increasing armor?), what percentage for speed granted. Not just AA, passive as well.

In another situation, STS have done good job in describing some pets AA especially with Glowstick. So, why they cant describe this Mephisto as well?

People only know because they buy it and use it for several times. And people that connected with them, such as friends and guildmates, they can get direct infos about Mephisto from those that having it. Forum also one of platform to gain these infos about Mephisto, but not everyone from the game will go to the forum. So, STS should really need to describe the AA more clearly, so that the adjustment can be carried out. Even right now, I really get the picture of how Mephisto's AA work, so thank you for who created this thread.

I think my post little bit too far from actual discussion, but I do stand with this nerfing proposal.

(P. S: Who is this 'utilised again'? Sorry, I dont prefer to put my name with verb or adjective words.)