PDA

View Full Version : Player to Player Quest System

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 03:23 AM
Hi,

I believe it's a very interesting ideas that can help both rich and poor players alike.

For example, a rich player wants to farm an item but doesn't have the time, and the poor player has time to run, but doesn't like RNG.

The rich player gives a "Quest" to the poor players to run X map Y times under the Z time limit for a certain specified reward..

And all the items looted during these runs will be added directly to the Quest Giver's inventory, or they can be held somewhere, and the Quest Giver can withdraw the items he wants from the total loot at the end of quest period....

Example:

Run Infested Swamp, 500 times, under 5 days.. For 5m gold

If the Quest Runner doesn't complete the quest within a certain time, all the items looted will be lost, and another Quest Runner can start the quest, unless the request is canceled by the Quest Giver.

The quest runner won't be able to see the items looted...

This system can get pretty advanced too!

The Quest Giver can specify certain stats for the Quest Runners to qualify, for example a %luck or %gl

Also, instead of completing the map (kill mobs + boss), the quest can also be made for only killing the boss..

As of now, I suggest only item drops to be given to Quest Giver....

Sincerely,
Avta

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Fake_Stats
06-22-2021, 03:29 AM
Hi,

I believe it's a very interesting ideas that can help both rich and poor players alike.

For example, a rich player wants to farm an item but doesn't have the time, and the poor player has time to run, but doesn't like RNG.

The rich player gives a "Quest" to the poor players to run X map Y times under the Z time limit for a certain specified reward..

And all the items looted during these runs will be added directly to the Quest Giver's inventory, or they can be held somewhere, and the Quest Giver can withdraw the items he wants from the total loot at the end of quest period....

Example:

Run Infested Swamp, 500 times, under 5 days.. For 5m gold

If the Quest Runner doesn't complete the quest within a certain time, all the items looted will be lost, and another Quest Runner can start the quest, unless the request is canceled by the Quest Giver.

The quest runner won't be able to see the items looted...

This system can get pretty advanced too!

The Quest Giver can specify certain stats for the Quest Runners to qualify, for example a %luck or %gl

Also, instead of completing the map (kill mobs + boss), the quest can also be made for only killing the boss..

As of now, I suggest only item drops to be given to Quest Giver....

Sincerely,
Avta

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk+1
I like any kind of new features added into the game and this one actualy sounds good and intresting

Послато са SM-A600G помоћу Тапатока

namansharma99910
06-22-2021, 04:02 AM
Avta , this idea is fine , but expansion first xd

Sent from my RMX2027 using Tapatalk

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 04:44 AM
This would destroy the concept of the game though. The rich benevolent players would sure list daily quests, all the poor even the rich players will most likely focus on grinding these quests. Nobody will dare to farm anymore or what xD its like a communism. I like the idea of trying to help players but this is too much imo, all were poor players at start just grind the events and you'll eventually get better :) better to focus on ideas for expedite leveling because in the endgame is where gold starts. My 2 cents..

Mythocrisis
06-22-2021, 04:46 AM
+1 truly good idea ..

Benefits both parties ...

Mythocrisis
06-22-2021, 04:51 AM
This would destroy the concept of the game though. The rich benevolent players would sure list daily quests, all the poor even the rich players will most likely focus on grinding these quests. Nobody will dare to farm anymore or what xD its like a communism. I like the idea of trying to help players but this is too much imo, all were poor players at start just grind the events and you'll eventually get better :) better to focus on ideas for expedite leveling because in the endgame is where gold starts. My 2 cents..

Does not destroy the concept at all.An mmorpg has no one fixed concept.infact ,
It does the opposite ..it creates avenues for players to do something worthy of their time .

Plus these quests are given by players themselves so they might need something from the zone with a higher probability.

It dosent have to be perceived as lazy...u can give the job of running a dungeon to 3 people for gold and the quest giver himself can run the dungeons (it dosent say he can't).
So that's 4x the effort but he pays for the 3x for the chance ..
It's a good earning feature just like the op suggested .

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 05:02 AM
Does not destroy the concept at all.An mmorpg has no one fixed concept.infact ,
It does the opposite ..it creates avenues for players to do something worthy of their time .

Plus these quests are given by players themselves so they might need something from the zone with a higher probability.

It dosent have to be perceived as lazy...u can give the job of running a dungeon to 3 people for gold and the quest giver himself can run the dungeons (it dosent say he can't).
So that's 4x the effort but he pays for the 3x for the chance ..
It's a good earning feature just like the op suggested .

Yes, but basically players will just log in to see the daily quests, see the reward, earn the reward and bye log off. It makes no sense anymore in grinding the goldloots or what event, what so ever, when you have an array of quests with bountiful rewards to choose from. And I don't see the benefits the quest giver can get here, its just give and thank you. These events/quests for charitable purpose already is existing through guilds, officers/master host events for the purpose of helping members financially and to the benefit of the guild. Well as I reiterate in my first comment, when implemented it will shift the game through logging in and loop of quests. My 5 cents..

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 05:19 AM
Yes, but basically players will just log in to see the daily quests, see the reward, earn the reward and bye log off. It makes no sense anymore in grinding the goldloots or what event, what so ever, when you have an array of quests with bountiful rewards to choose from. And I don't see the benefits the quest giver can get here, its just give and thank you. These events/quests for charitable purpose already is existing through guilds, officers/master host events for the purpose of helping members financially and to the benefit of the guild. Well as I reiterate in my first comment, when implemented it will shift the game through logging in and loop of quests. My 5 cents..The Quest Giver gives away the gold, and the Quest Runners receive the gold when they finish it..

You could pay someone to run Infested Swamp for 500 times for 5m for example in hopes for looting ebon armor instead of buying it for 10m....

If it's looted during those runs, congrats, if not, it was worth a shot...

Earn the reward and logg off? Why do people need to log off? What do you think people do when there's no DM, and EVG?

This idea is just adding additional things for people to do.... The existing farming system will stay as well.

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 05:26 AM
The Quest Giver gives away the gold, and the Quest Runners receive the gold when they finish it..

You could pay someone to run Infested Swamp for 500 times for 5m for example in hopes for looting ebon armor instead of buying it for 10m....

If it's looted during those runs, congrats, if not, it was worth a shot...

Earn the reward and logg off? Why do people need to log off? What do you think people do when there's no DM, and EVG?

This idea is just adding additional things for people to do.... The existing farming system will stay as well.

I see then its much worse hehe, its a win win for the rich, just let other players work your gold. Ill pay 5m to earn 10m. P.S No hard feelings just my 2 cents..

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 05:27 AM
I see then its much worse hehe, its a win win for the rich, just let other players work your gold. Ill pay 5m to earn 10m. P.S No hard feelings just my 2 cents..Nah lol, it's only a chance to loot items, if you don't loot anything then it's the loss of the rich...

I mentioned in the post, it's ideal for those players who don't like RNG...

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 05:39 AM
Nah lol, it's only a chance to loot items, if you don't loot anything then it's the loss of the rich...

I mentioned in the post, it's ideal for those players who don't like RNG...

I'd like to quote what you said "If the Quest Runner doesn't complete the quest within a certain time, all the items looted will be lost, and another Quest Runner can start the quest". So clearly its just matter of time that the quest will be completed because its endless. Thx

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 05:40 AM
I'd like to quote what you said "If the Quest Runner doesn't complete the quest within a certain time, all the items looted will be lost, and another Quest Runner can start the quest". So clearly its just matter of time that the quest will be completed because its endless. ThxThe quest is not too loot the items, it's to run the map...

If person A doesn't finish the runs in the time specified.... Person B has to start from the beginning...

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 05:45 AM
The quest is not too loot the items, it's to run the map...

If person A doesn't finish the runs in the time specified.... Person B has to start from the beginning...

okay another hole and same thing, So the "top player" is just for sale now? make other players run it and boom your a top player without sweat!! XD

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 05:46 AM
okay another hole and same thing, So the "top player" is just for sale now? make other players run it and boom your a top player without sweat!! XDIf you read the full post I mentioned that for now only items drop will be transferred to the Quest Giver XD

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 05:48 AM
If you read the full post I mentioned that for now only items drop will be transferred to the Quest Giver XD

yes endless runs in Orrick would certainly loot ebons XD. Ill pay 5m to earn 10m. I appreciate your post though thanks!!

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 05:50 AM
yes endless runs in Orrick would certainly loot ebons XD. Ill pay 5m to earn 10m. I appreciate your post though thanks!!Idk why ur trying so hard to find flaws...

But anyways, a player isn't stupid enough to for example do 1k infested runs for 1m gold....

People will only take the quests they think it's worth their time...

Mythocrisis
06-22-2021, 05:52 AM
okay another hole and same thing, So the "top player" is just for sale now? make other players run it and boom your a top player without sweat!! XD

Bruh your not making one bit of sense.
Can you think before you type.

The top player is paying the one whose running.
And how can he become a "TOP PLAYER"?
It's just for the drops and not gold loot or aps.

The runner here is doing this because he can earn money by doing other things than spending 100-200m to do evg which many can't.

And the player who is paying is ready to lose some gold as a gamble to see if he can loot something in the other players expense...both of them are gaining.

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 05:58 AM
Bruh your not making one bit of sense.
Can you think before you type.

The top player is paying the one whose running.
And how can he become a "TOP PLAYER"?
It's just for the drops and not gold loot or aps.

The runner here is doing this because he can earn money by doing other things than spending 100-200m to do evg which many can't.

And the player who is paying is ready to lose some gold as a gamble to see if he can loot something in the other players expense...both of them are gaining.

I am lol, maybe can you read before you reply? ill quote what the OP said for you. "If you read the full post I mentioned that for now only items drop will be transferred to the Quest Giver XD", " another Quest Runner can start the quest, unless the request is canceled by the Quest Giver." So in any scenario for the purpose of aps or profit its a big flaw. It's endless run as what mentioned by the OP and all loots will be given to the quest giver, so clearly pay 5m to earn 10m could be more ..

"Just for the drops" yes :3 pay 5m to earn 10m could be more. (100th time). Thanks!! cheers no kicks!

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 06:01 AM
I am lol, maybe can you read before you reply? ill quote what the OP said for you. "If you read the full post I mentioned that for now only items drop will be transferred to the Quest Giver XD", " another Quest Runner can start the quest, unless the request is canceled by the Quest Giver." So in any scenario for the purpose of aps or profit its a big flaw. It's endless run as what mentioned by the OP and all loots will be given to the quest giver, so clearly pay 5m to earn 10m could be more ..

"Just for the drops" yes :3 pay 5m to earn 10m could be more. (100th time). Thanks!! cheers no kicks!As I said, if the runner deems that the reward is not worth the time, he won't run..

And paying 5m, doesn't guarantee a 10m item drop, lol.

You can theoretically loot an item given enough runs, but will the runner do that many runs if the reward isn't worth it?

Also nowhere is it mentioned that it's endless, it clearly says that the giver has to specify the amount of runs..

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 06:03 AM
As I said, if the runner deems that the reward is not worth the time, he won't run..

And paying 5m, doesn't guarantee a 10m item drop, lol.

You can theoretically loot an item given enough runs, but will the runner do that many runs if the reward isn't worth it?

Yes, a runner can run 10x then quit, so another runner comes 10x then quit, the point is it is endless as what you have said, then its just a matter of time when will he loot the items. Say orrick, the ebon items.

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 06:05 AM
Yes, a runner can run 10x then quit, so another runner comes 10x then quit, the point is it is endless as what you have said, then its just a matter of time when will he loot the items. Say orrick, the ebon items.Yeah, that's upto the runner to quit, it's his loss if he quits, lol.

Most people won't take the quests they think they won't be able to finish..

Why do you think every player that takes the quests will quit, lol

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 06:12 AM
Yeah, that's upto the runner to quit, it's his loss if he quits, lol.

Most people won't take the quests they think they won't be able to finish..

Why do you think every player that takes the quests will quit, lol

what u quoted is my answer to what you replied just now ;D. the point is its "endless" xd my last reply thx.

umarrahim
06-22-2021, 06:14 AM
what u quoted is my answer to what you replied just now ;D. the point is its "endless" xd my last reply thx.It's not endless, it'll be finished once a player finishes all the runs specified... Smh...

Mythocrisis
06-22-2021, 07:17 AM
It's not endless, it'll be finished once a player finishes all the runs specified... Smh...

This person is trolling the thread like he always does.
He is notorious for this type of behaviour on a lot of threads.

This is a very good idea if implemented.
Plus it's not endless.
Quest giver :
requirements : 100 runs of fly( will start when he accepts). Time : 3 days
Award: 5m on completion

So if the taker starts the quest it will begin tracking the number of times the map is ended after fly dies.

It will show on current uptake quests bar ...then once he completes the 100 runs ,every loot he has taken from normal rarity to arcane (if any) will be sent to a seperate loot box of all looted for the giver.
If the quest taker had looted ebon ,then it's luck for the quest giver.So all of the items goes to the quest giver while 5m gets credited to this account.

So if a person decided to quit running halfway,the quest will reach an end in a stipulated time,then the quest will automatically be cancelled with no loss to anyone .

If a person wants 5m ,then he will run the 100 times and follow the process.

gilsooon
06-22-2021, 07:40 AM
This person is trolling the thread like he always does.
He is notorious for this type of behaviour on a lot of threads.

This is a very good idea if implemented.
Plus it's not endless.
Quest giver :
requirements : 100 runs of fly( will start when he accepts). Time : 3 days
Award: 5m on completion

So if the taker starts the quest it will begin tracking the number of times the map is ended after fly dies.

It will show on current uptake quests bar ...then once he completes the 100 runs ,every loot he has taken from normal rarity to arcane (if any) will be sent to a seperate loot box of all looted for the giver.
If the quest taker had looted ebon ,then it's luck for the quest giver.So all of the items goes to the quest giver while 5m gets credited to this account.

So if a person decided to quit running halfway,the quest will reach an end in a stipulated time,then the quest will automatically be cancelled with no loss to anyone .

If a person wants 5m ,then he will run the 100 times and follow the process.

Troll? do u even read who makes sense on both of us? Nice idea wow! 100 runs from a full max bd rog would take 10-15 seconds per run. So basically it will just took him proximately 18 minutes to end the quest. Did all players benefited? no. Only the most op/richest would benefit. Well the quest giver may ask for 500 runs so that he'll loot the ebons along the way. Win win for the rich. Guess I'm a troll for giving constructive deliberations.

Mythocrisis
06-22-2021, 08:00 AM
Troll? do u even read who makes sense on both of us? Nice idea wow! 100 runs from a full max bd rog would take 10-15 seconds per run. So basically it will just took him proximately 18 minutes to end the quest. Did all players benefited? no. Only the most op/richest would benefit. Well the quest giver may ask for 500 runs so that he'll loot the ebons along the way. Win win for the rich. Guess I'm a troll for giving constructive deliberations.

Who are you to decide whether the quest is too much ,profitable or not?
You are one player with your one set of ideals.
Are you blind to see there are other players who might try this and have various opinions ?
It can be for crate farming/ elite chests or more anything lootable for that matter.

But I don't think it's worth fighting over between ourselves..it's just an idea ...

With all this we are going to get this thread locked down for toxicity .
It's a great idea atm because there's nothing much to do than gold farm.
Hope the people who matter see this and make a call hopefully positive.
Ty my last response here.

Cinco
06-22-2021, 08:10 AM
I did this in a game long ago. Worked well at first but eventually became useless bc players overall don’t want to be GM’s - let alone employers in a virtual environment. Incentives become your slippery slope and ultimately it is a lot of effort for very little enjoyment.

Not hatin. Just fax.

And yeah the toxicity is getting this one shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk