PDA

View Full Version : The Reputation Problem

Conradin
05-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I think we can all see the rep system didn't work out. It was a good idea from the start, to reward our valuable forumers. howverver it soon after spiraled out of control. Due to the fact that its is easily abused, and that many of the most useful forumers don't get the credit the deserve, I think it is time to support the "Down with the Rep" movement. It is not a reliable source to show well, who's reliable. Please send a messege to the devs and ask them politely to remove the feature.

On another note what should be put in place of the rep system, if anything. I think we could stll have a thanks button, but only the recipient and sender could tell if one was given. that would allow us to still express gratitude for a post. or we could do what we did before and say, "+1 mate, great post!"

If you have any ideas please add them and join the movement!

Thanks, Conrad

Sryyoulose
05-17-2012, 11:00 PM
The Devs have responded, no need for more pm's. You can look at my post to see my alternative suggestion.

The devs/mods have said that they Beleive it helps more then hurts. If that's there thought well... Good on them for sticking to there word. Maybe one day...

StompArtist
05-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Rep system is fun. People disappointed or upset by it are simply taking it overly seriously. It's just a fun little feature nothing more.

Walkhardd
05-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Use the app. Problem solved!

Matutd
05-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Rep system is fun. People disappointed or upset by it are simply taking it overly seriously. It's just a fun little feature nothing more.
Says the guy with 9 bars :P haha jk
In all seriousness, I think we should have ability to hide/show reputation, if people want it they can have it, and people who don't can hide theirs.

StompArtist
05-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Says the guy with 9 bars :P haha jk
In all seriousness, I think we should have ability to hide/show reputation, if people want it they can have it, and people who don't can hide theirs.

Rep bars are an after effect of thanking everyone I can as soon as STS will let me! :D

Stephencobear
05-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Which leads me to tonight's "threatdown"
starting at # 5. Guide makers who ask for input
#4. "whenisthenextupdaters"
#3. "dunnowhatthesearchbuttonis'"
#2. Rep beggars :(
#1. Scatterbears!!!
Nation, stand vigilant !

Swords
05-21-2012, 07:45 PM
as they always say: "Majority always wins"

~A~
05-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Use the app. Problem solved!lol so true

Piosidon
05-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Thousands of other forums use it and it works out fine, why can't ours?

Mothwing
05-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Which leads me to tonight's "threatdown"
starting at # 5. Guide makers who ask for input
#4. "whenisthenextupdaters"
#3. "dunnowhatthesearchbuttonis'"
#2. Rep beggars :(
#1. Scatterbears!!!
Nation, stand vigilant !

I disagree. Asking for feedback is a way to improve your idea. It's not greed, simply a way to better your position on things. I do agree, that those complaining about "rep boosters" do take the system a bit seriously. I support the movement, and at times post a response about it here or there, but do not criticize and flame everybody's attempt to help better the forums. I think if we all forgot about it, we would be fine. If someone asks for rep, here's an idea, don't give it to them! It's that simple :D