PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore and lag

intruders
06-29-2021, 12:14 PM
Now when a lag happens the game waits for 2 minutes to reestablish connection with the servers which is way too much in my opinion and during that time our toon stays unattended in a map which is 100% death in high level maps even for the most op of hardcore players and it did happen a number of times for many.

Proposal: make this timeout configurable in the client so that for hardcore character we could set it to as little as 1 second. After this timeout the SERVER SHOULD DROP CONNECTION AND BOOT character from the map. This way even if there's a network hiccup hardcores would have significantly higher chances to survive.

Rationale is that it is obviously much better to lose your party spot or dungeon progress rather than dying.

Kystone
06-29-2021, 12:21 PM
Now when a lag happens the game waits for 2 minutes to reestablish connection with the servers which is way too much in my opinion and during that time our toon stays unattended in a map which is 100% death in high level maps even for the most op of hardcore players and it did happen a number of times for many.

Proposal: make this timeout configurable in the client so that for hardcore character we could set it to as little as 1 second. After this timeout the SERVER SHOULD DROP CONNECTION AND BOOT character from the map. This way even if there's a network hiccup hardcores would have significantly higher chances to survive.

Rationale is that it is obviously much better to lose your party spot or dungeon progress rather than dying.

Your proposal should be the same as just closing the tab, should save you if your phone isn’t frozen or something

QuaseT
06-29-2021, 12:29 PM

Rationale is that it is obviously much better to lose your party spot or dungeon progress rather than dying.I'd like to this feature with a bar to set our own desired time till the char gets kicked from maps. +1

intruders
06-29-2021, 03:06 PM
Your proposal should be the same as just closing the tab, should save you if your phone isn’t frozen or something
1. It can take several seconds to realize lag has just happened which can be too late
2. I play on tablet and many use phones and closing the app fast is not that easy as closing a tab

swoutttt
06-30-2021, 05:28 AM
I stopped using my hc char because of this. To many risk since lag is pretty common.

KarTik1
07-01-2021, 06:01 AM
You can simply close app and restart game it will send you to same map under 30 sec if you have a decent phone and network . Do not need to wait 2 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk