PDA

View Full Version : No Platinum=No Plat Gear/Weaps?

Gothika
05-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure if someone has posted a similar topic to this but I'm gonna post it anyway. So here's the thing. There are some DL players, including me, who can't afford plats for various reasons. Since this is the case, are we never gonna be able to get our hands on those weapons that require plats? (eg. Firebrand, etc.) If it is, then this game must be 'obsessed' with $$$$$.

And if that is really how STS rolls, can't in-game players trade their plat weaps for in-game gold? I'm willing to pay a huge amount of in-game gold just to acquire plat weaps without having to purchase plat.

I couldn't find a similar thread...and am too lazy to double check. :chargrined:

Prestige
05-20-2012, 11:55 AM
You could of just looked at the top of the general discussion... They are fixing tap joy offers. Plus they have to make a living some how. At least show a little support for the company...

RedRyder
05-20-2012, 12:36 PM
DL plat is more expensive than SL and PL so you can't really blame Gothika. I make money, I work, but I have bills and rent to pay so, purchasing virtual currency isn't really ideal for me. For now, find a friend with a droid device and take advantage of tapjoy, until it makes an appearance for ios. You could make due with in game drops, just stay away from pvp lol. Plat rich players rule there.

Amass gold in case there's ever a time that drops rival play weps. You're better off staying clear of play packs anyway. They're a real sinkhole.

Sky../
05-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Use. The 'search' feature Before posting.

Remember, the 'Search' feature is your friend.

I believe topics related to this have been posted before.

You "believe" topics like this have been posted before, implies you yourself did not search. How about following your own advice by doing a search and then posting the results here? ;)

RedRyder
05-20-2012, 03:31 PM
90% of us don't use the search. This users new so no need to get on his back.

Artemis
05-20-2012, 04:44 PM
When new users try to sound smart, to other new users. :p

RedRyder
05-20-2012, 06:48 PM
When new users try to sound smart, to other new users. :p

Haha I didn't even notice he was new himself -.-

Slant
05-21-2012, 01:45 AM
wow derailed thread
dont mind them if you do search and use you will be accused of a necro

yep it sucks they should make the whole game playable without plat and then put in the buying mechanism as a convenience
otherwise its not free to play, because a part of the game requires plat
there can be many ways for people in the game to earn plat, at least off other players

Nimblebit does it very well on all their games, Pocket Planes, Tiny Tower
also Forever Drive

some games get it horribly wrong by making premium currency purchases feel useless (uh star dunk or lane splitter), at least DL is not here yet