PDA

View Full Version : Some things that could be tidied up

Cahaun
05-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Now that I'm back, I noticed some things that, IMO, need to be changed.

1. Better Tutorial

The only thing this tutorial teaches is how to auto attack, use a skill, use a potion, talk to a NPC, and that's it. Not good. First thing that will vastly improve the tutorial and the community is by reintroducing the old tutorial... which was way better!

So I say better. How's it better? Let's see...

-It teaches you how to fight
-It teaches you how use skills
-It tells you how to talk to NPCs
-It teaches you how to buy things and how to equip them!
-It helps you understand lvling up
-There was a store (Stuff was for gold. Amazing huh?)
-Respawning mobs and calm atmosphere helps the new person practice and get oriented around like it helped me ALOT
-Quests were understood and accomplished throughout the tutorial
-Friends could hang out with OP weapons and 1-hit the zombies/D'jinn/Frost Knights while chatting (I love those times)
-The instructions were easier to follow and didn't feel like I was strapped in a crib taking a stroll (/rant)

Ok off to #2 next update once I compile more notes. ;)

Cahaun
05-20-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm going to PM Sam to get his attention to this. I really believe that this can help the game and community a lot. I'll always see to it that PL is healthy as I first came. (Which'll be hard trying to have over 2-3k people at all times)

Windwaiker
05-20-2012, 05:28 PM
I remember I thought it was awesome that I was strutting around a desert and killing stuff, especially after finding out i could kite! I also liked talking to all the different npcs like they were my friends or something lol. The only thing that turned me off to the game after I was done with the tutorial were the campaigns that needed platinum. As a result, I never tried out the other class tutorials.

Mothwing
05-20-2012, 05:30 PM
-A reference to the forums. Preferably a list of all the helpful guides.

Cahaun
05-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I remember I thought it was awesome that I was strutting around a desert and killing stuff, especially after finding out i could kite! I also liked talking to all the different npcs like they were my friends or something lol. The only thing that turned me off to the game after I was done with the tutorial were the campaigns that needed platinum. As a result, I never tried out the other class tutorials.
The tutorials were great! The Ursans were in caves and mountains and the elves had their own university and forest grounds. All with their own unique starting story and shop. The best thing is that it starts to connect the campaigns.

Phoenixking
05-21-2012, 03:18 PM
What the tutorials should also help in tutorials is the social tab, and chat box. Saying how to use it and what's their functions. What stats to put on, like is you want to use swords and armor add to Strength. If you want to use staffs and more mana add to Intellence . If you want to use bows and damage add to dexterity. For that they understand some of it.

Skeletonlord
05-21-2012, 03:30 PM
The tutorial I agree needs to be looked into. I remember when the tutorial went into much more detail (when old Forest Haven was here). It showed you combat, quests and so much more.

Jugernugetx
05-21-2012, 03:38 PM
You see this is why there are youtube helping videos... on forums.. like a tutorial lol. They can view that.

Phoenixking
05-21-2012, 03:41 PM
You see this is why there are youtube helping videos... on forums.. like a tutorial lol. They can view that.
You see..... No one is devoted enough to Pocket Legends when they are just starting. They would never look at YouTube videos. Till devoted. You see. You get me? :O?

Swampy
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
What were spacetimes intentions when they changed the tutorial? I loved the old bear and bird tutorial. The mage one was kind of lamer...

Phoenixking
05-21-2012, 03:44 PM
What were spacetimes intentions when they changed the tutorial? I loved the old bear and bird tutorial. The mage one was kind of lamer...
The Mage could have been better. How? I dont know. But it could

Elitephonix
05-21-2012, 03:59 PM
And the old HUD look.... When the chat box was on the Botom left side of the screen, and it had a nice border and design. Also the PL logo changed gold??? I was like WTF at this.

Cahaun
05-21-2012, 06:18 PM
And the old HUD look.... When the chat box was on the Botom left side of the screen, and it had a nice border and design. Also the PL logo changed gold??? I was like WTF at this.
They change many things with intentions no one knows. I still wonder why the social tab was replaced with a store icon.

WoundedEagle
05-21-2012, 06:29 PM
The PL tutorial is really bad compared to SL, so yes.

Windwaiker
05-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, why is the pl shield red? I thought blue looked nice...