PDA

View Full Version : Ambassadors invade Pocket Legends!

Skeletonlord
05-20-2012, 04:05 PM
What are you going to do? The ambassadors have invaded Pocket Legends?

Players are advised to hang out in Balefort Castle until further notice!

Greenduck
Bienvenue
Rocguide
Skelmini
Monsterunn

Fao
05-20-2012, 04:22 PM
What are we supposed to do???

undertheradar
05-20-2012, 04:46 PM
I believe they're trying to make it seem like the aoas do something beneficial instead of just hand out vanities

Nick41324
05-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Rofl. Good one, undertheradar :-D

NECROREAPER
05-20-2012, 05:11 PM
I believe they're trying to make it seem like the aoas do something beneficial instead of just hand out vanities

I suppose your statement is completely warranted since what you're doing for the community is so much more than what the AoA have been doing.

Sorry were not as good as you

Phoenixking
05-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Lol, nice one. Necro :3

Mothwing
05-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Wow, threads not even a day old and i already feel a flame war coming.

Delphina
05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Thegreenduck is wanted!?! I'll help you find him :) I'll log in and see if I can find him :)

Windwaiker
05-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Am I still too late? :0

Chickenrunnn
05-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Monsterunnn isn't wanted? :'(

Elyseon
05-20-2012, 06:16 PM
So confused at what this even means

Kaytar
05-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Bienvenue=MINE

Lowlyspy
05-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Way to elaborate.

Kiwihawk
05-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Hello I Was Also There :/...

Bilaxman
05-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Bienvenue=MINE

D: lol

Sryyoulose
05-21-2012, 12:04 AM
My anger with AoA's and BoA's goes beyond everything. I'm mad at myself for applying, the thing is I see them every one in 5 Years. At that that's only in balefort. Castle checking auctions, hanging out with high level players, buying stuff REALLY low from new players and when Delphina is on.

Just realize that I understand there are a couple of great AoA's and BoA's just as a majority. They are very inactive and when they are they are NOT setting a good example.

Sorry I've been taking a break from those games for those reasons and more. I pop in from time to time to visit friends. Just isn't worth it for me.

Kiwihawk
05-21-2012, 12:14 AM
My anger with AoA's and BoA's goes beyond everything. I'm mad at myself for applying, the thing is I see them every one in 5 Years. At that that's only in balefort. Castle checking auctions, hanging out with high level players, buying stuff REALLY low from new players and when Delphina is on.

Just realize that I understand there are a couple of great AoA's and BoA's just as a majority. They are very inactive and when they are they are NOT setting a good example.

Sorry I've been taking a break from those games for those reasons and more. I pop in from time to time to visit friends. Just isn't worth it for me.

Im ALWAYS In FH Helping But I Can Only Go On For An Hour a Day Since I Live On A Farm In New Zealand...
I Only Hang On My AoA In BC If My GREAT Mate KwiKiwi Is There :)
I Wish I Could Be On More But I Just Cant :/

-Kiwi

Back
05-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Thegreenduck is wanted!?! I'll help you find him :) I'll log in and see if I can find him :)

Not necessary, I saw somewhere "Delphina Wanted, Alive or Alive"

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Sryyoulose
05-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Im ALWAYS In FH Helping But I Can Only Go On For An Hour a Day Since I Live On A Farm In New Zealand...
I Only Hang On My AoA In BC If My GREAT Mate KwiKiwi Is There :)
I Wish I Could Be On More But I Just Cant :/

-Kiwi

Like I said a couple are making the effort. However your just one person when there are many ambassadors who do nothing. I'm sorry just I'm mad at PL and at the people that SHOULD be setting the right example.

NECROREAPER
05-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Why *should* AoA be setting the example?

Lowlyspy
05-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Pandar did mention AoA being model "citizens" in addition to their helping job. Idk bout now but Pandar ensured we stuck to that.

mackjack
05-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Isn't the whole point of AoAs to show new players the ropes?

If most of AoAs merely hang out in BC shooting the breeze, low balling new players, flirting with Delphina**, etc., then they are obviously not behaving as AoAs should, and thus not exemplary of how they are supposed to act and behave.

**I've yet to see more than a couple of AoAs in game and can't say how helpful/unhelpful they are. But if there are players that think AoAs are pretty much useless, then there is probably something wrong -- as the saying goes, where there's smoke there's fire.

Kixxler
05-21-2012, 01:32 AM
I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say :(

NECROREAPER
05-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Ponder this question for a second guys:

What if the mods/devs/AoA have already selected the most eligible, "model citizen" players that are active and are now selecting people solely because we need to keep choosing people, even though they may not be the ideal choice or meet the community's ideals?

*not saying this is or isn't true, I'm just saying to consider it for a moment*

mackjack
05-21-2012, 01:49 AM
@necro:

If there are no players worthy of being AoAs, then it seems logical to me that there should not be any new AoAs. I'd rather have a few good people than an army of useless hacks...

Handing out AoAs to players so they'd stop making asinine guides does nothing for the credibility of past and future AoAs.

NECROREAPER
05-21-2012, 02:27 AM
@necro:

If there are no players worthy of being AoAs, then it seems logical to me that there should not be any new AoAs. I'd rather have a few good people than an army of useless hacks...

Handing out AoAs to players so they'd stop making asinine guides does nothing for the credibility of past and future AoAs.

It's something that we as players recognize, however, we have no control over who gets chosen.

If you feel that strongly about the program, it'd be best to send a pm to Airrie and/or Samhayne

xxxxtwinkxxxx
05-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Nice skel :):):) i wish to be 1 there ;) get me in!!!!!!!!!!

Skeletonlord
05-21-2012, 12:34 PM

If you apply you might get a chance at the position. Go to the AOA applications section and instructions will be there :)

Phoenixking
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
My anger with AoA's and BoA's goes beyong everything. the thing is I see them every one in 5 Years. At that that's only in balefort. Castle checking auctions, hanging out with high level players, buying stuff REALLY low from new players and when Delphina is on.

Just realize that I understand there are a couple of great AoA's and BoA's just as a majority. They are very inactive Just isn't worth it for me.
I concur with what's kept here

Doogyplum ツ
05-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Why *should* AoA be setting the example?

Is that not kind of the point? I cannot say I agree with what Sry is saying, but this post is just silly. You, as AOAs, have been put on a pedestal, you set the example, 'nuff said.

Zeus
05-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Granted we do check sales occasionally in the CS, but that does not mean we aren't helping. I know I have yet to leave a question unattended if somebody asks me. Also, there are new players in every towne, not just Forest Haven. Have you ever considered we might be helping those people too?

One more thing, you guys say you see us in Balefort all the time, some of which are people who applied to be an AoA. If I may say, how much time do you guys spend in FH? Very little to none, I'm assuming, so the only instances you see us in are the ones when we are checking through CS quickly or socializing with friends after helping. Just because we help does not limit us to socialization.

Being an AoA isn't exactly a walk in the park either, what many make it out to be. I know many players have limited patience. Would you like to explain to new players unfamiliar with the PL UI step by step on how to better their character and further enhance their PL experience? It does get a little stressful and monotonous over and over again. We get bored like you do as well. Does that stop us from helping? Not really, but it is also wrong to accuse us of not helping at all.

Hell, if devs want to check logs of my AoA, they can see that I just don't stand around selling things, which a majority of you guys seem to assume of AoAs.

Criticizing is easy, doing the tasks you are criticizing is not.

~Apollo

Zeus
05-21-2012, 01:27 PM

I'm sorry! :( I don't think AoA allows for favoritism as a free ride in! :/

However, if you are truly interested, not for the title/position, but actually wanting to help, please head on over to the AoA applications section and apply! :)

Airrie
05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Hey guys,

Being an ambassador is not a paid job. We do not require hours of operation and we do not schedule our Ambassadors.
They are players like the rest of us, and do use their own personal account to carry on the role.

It's a big world out there. If you don't necessarily see an Ambassador out helping, please know that in a different place at a different time, they are. :cool:

NECROREAPER
05-21-2012, 01:39 PM
To be completely honest, 90% of the helping I do is either via pm or it's resolving disputes. Also, a fair bit of that is Answering questions like "can u add me 2 ur guild," "are u a dev/owner/creator?," "how do I get into ur guild."

The majority of the time, if a new player needs help, he PMs me with his question concern and I adress it.

But again, to be completely honest, the majority of the time I'm on my AoA is spent helping older players since they seek me out first. I'm usually asked to help because they say they got scammed, and for some odd reason an overwhelming amount of time is spent on diffusing and stopping scams and scammers.

There is a stupid amount of people breaking even the most basic of rules is the game (don't sell accts, don't sell guilds, no swearing) and that's what I'm spending most of my time doing while I'm on my AoA which leads me to believe that no one else is stopping them from doing it which is why they have no fear of doing it around me.

I'd say the pressure isn't on AoA to step up to the plate, but for the AoA to get to community to get up on the plate with us.

Swampy
05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Lets also remember were all on different time zones so when you're on they might be asleep or working.

Chickenrunnn
05-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Hello guys !

I must say I'm a bit sad of some things that some peeps said :'( ..
Some people criticize us to hang ONLY in balefort Castle :(. Personnaly, that's what I do ; I'm mostly in castle for several reasons :

First of all, there are more players who are there.
According to my (new^^) experience, I can tell that I'm asked more questions in Balefort Castle than in Forest haven; indeed, many players need infos about prices, merching advices, items names, how to join AoAs, who are devs/mods, etc..
Many lvl66 love to do little parties there.. It sounds a bit childish, but giving some happyness to others and having fun with them is always cool ^^!
There are many ppl who love chating into castle, and this is awesome :D

Believe me, I don't hang in castle for the CS store, proof : I always loose money when I try to merch, so I better not to do so ._.
In a word, for me, CS=Nightmare lol

Nevertheless, I sometimes go to forest haven (sure o.o) to help some newest players, to guide them, to explain them how to xp, buy/sell items, etc..

I'm trying to do my best to be on my AoA, and helping others out :(.. Most of players PM their questions, this is why you may have the impression we are "useless", I mean that you can't see we're helping people while we are doing so.. :)

Lastely, I wish to say most of the AoAs are doing their best to help players out.
__________________________________________________ ______________

By the way, if you have any suggestions about what could be improved by AoAs, if you may post suggestions bellow, it would help us to be better than ever :D!

Cya Buddies ^^!

Elixirgod
05-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Lol I was there at the side of the pic, watching!

Chickenrunnn
05-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh and BTW, the AoAs names are :

Monsterunnn (3n at end lol)
Thegreenduck (you forgot The ^^)

just a Lil' precision lol.. And someone just pmed me "hey aren't you wanted" ._.,

Appleisaac
05-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Lots of arguments about AoAs recently... I will agree, many of them ARE inactive and DO hang out in balefort quite often; however I see them all the time in forest haven. Bilaxman, Skelmini, Greenduck and Welcomer are all active AoAs I have seen numerous times in Forest Haven... For you people who say "All AoAs must be active and helpful all the time.", think about it... Of course it would be nice to have tons of active AoAs everywhere, but we have enough of them active to do their jobs well :).

Kiwihawk
05-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Uzikiwi Was There!

Chickenrunnn
05-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Uzikiwi Was There!

I was there too :( but came after tho ._. I'll post pics of PowAoA rangers team when computer back alive lol

I will agree, many of them ARE inactive and DO hang out in balefort quite often; however I see them all the time in forest haven. Bilaxman, Skelmini, Greenduck and Welcomer are all active AoAs I have seen numerous times in Forest Haven...

Balefort Castle isn't forbidden for AoAs you know xD.. I'm most of the time in Balefort, that's why you maybe didn't meet me yet :D!
You can add me in game : Monsterunnn ^^ I'll be happy answering your questions, and chatting with you all :D !

Cya peeps ^^!

Livemau
05-22-2012, 07:43 PM
"with bat in hand" I will take care of it dont worry bout a thing

Appleisaac
05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Balefort Castle isn't forbidden for AoAs you know xD...

Never said it was forbidden ;). I'm just stating a fact.

Roc
05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
We are ninjas, just because you don't see us doesn't mean we aren't there (or in this case, doing AoA things) ;) (I'm sure that reasoning does not placate many, but it certainly makes me lol :listening_headphone)

An innocuous, spontaneous picture was only meant to be that but I'm glad to hear these concerns! As was already stated and with which I agree, if ever my conduct is questionable please tell me and I will do my best to correct it (that is, if it's not something like...turn into an elephant! I cannot turn into an elephant on demand unfortunately).

A side note: when I am in Balefort on my AoA, it is either to use the stash or so that people see me...since the very reason I am playing my AoA is to answer all PL questions no matter where they may stem from whether that be in Forest Haven or Balefort :) It is not to sit idle or inflate my ego by thinking I have some influence in the cs (which I do not as my low gold amount indicates :p).

And when I say "see me" I do not mean in the "fawn over me!!!!!!!!!" kind of sense XD I mean it in the "AoA ARE around, we DO play, and those who might care about us playing (for instance, people on the forums as a supplement to newcomers) are in Balefort" in addition to the reason listed above concerning answering all questions.

Suprmage
05-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Lol alive or alive :)

Elixirgod
05-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey can you tell me how to become a Tounament leader?