PDA

View Full Version : Display quests accomplished more prominently!

Snakespeare
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
I mentioned this in other threads, but never did make a Suggestion thread for it.

I feel if the numbers (i.e. 19/19) were displayed on the Avatar page that other people see when they tap your character, then it will encourage people to complete the quests. People who do so have a reason to be proud, especially once you put quests in the other existing campaigns. People who get power-levelled, or who leech their way to fame will have big fat zeroes, as well they should.

Second idea, perhaps too radical, is to disallow quests if your character is too many levels too high for that campaign. This would keep people from leeching their way to the top and then turning around to complete the quests when they are easy. A quest that is not a challenge doesn't deserve the name. People feel a sense of accomplishment for doing something difficult, but they won't actually try unless they have to. So, just channel it.

The reason why some people choose to tag along in AO2:3 is because they are under the assumption that simply being level 45 means they are the best. But the new concept of the game is that the "best" is someone who completes all quests. So I think displaying the result on the "public face" Avatar tab would help to change this conception.

KingFu
08-17-2010, 05:10 PM
The problem is, if you complete a quest, it only shows for the one character you completed it with, if they did this, many people will have 0 on more than 1 character.

Second idea, perhaps too radical, is to disallow quests if your character is too many levels too high for that campaign.

So than higher levels will have 0 until higher level quests are submitted, giving us nothing to do with quests until they are released for our level range.

But the new concept of the game is that the "best" is someone who completes all quests.

Not necessarily, quests are so easy, and such a small reward, I don't usually do them. I have done a good amount of them, but what's the point if you get 10K after finishing all the quests for hours? I might complete them if it counted on the whole account, but per character? No thanks.

Royce
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I like the idea. Mystical's just too lazy for questing :P

KingFu
08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I like the idea. Mystical's just too lazy for questing :P

Actually I have completed a ton of quests, I just don't feel the need to advance any further with them.

Snakespeare
08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Let me amend one thing, based on MD's input.

For the first month after a new set of quests is released, the grandfather clause would apply: there would be no level limit to the quests. One month seems more than reasonable, even for old Lazy Bones. Then, after a month, one would have to have any other color but grey on the bubble next to the monsters' life meters. In short, if you can't gain XP in that dungeon, you can't do the quests ... after a 1 month grace period.

better? :)