PDA

View Full Version : Noob question. What level should I be to farm L56 gear?

Iaceden
05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Just wondering what level I should stop at to farm L56 gear? I think I remember reading somewhere that L56 gear will still drop to a level 57 toon. Is that true or should I stop at 56? Also I have a pure dex bird so what would be the best gear for said level? I'm using void bow set now and i'm level 54. Thanks!

Technique
05-21-2012, 03:41 PM
You gotta be level 56 or under, at level 57 you will get 58 gear if your talking about nuris.

As for gear, custom set til you find some 56 glyph gear. that is if you ever do.

Phoenixking
05-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Stop at L56. Or L55. And (-O.O)--[]_GO_] to Nuri's hallows. And farm there. I wish you good luck! \($.$ )/

drewcapu
05-21-2012, 04:11 PM
You gotta be level 56 or under, at level 57 you will get 58 gear if your talking about nuris.

Stop at L56. Or L55.

Before they changed the drop mechanics, this would have been true, unless you killed enough in a L57- group to get the L56s to drop.

With the current drop mechanics, I'm pretty sure you can use a L57 to drop L56 items.

My temporarily frozen L52 is still dropping L51 items in BS.

Phoenixking
05-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Before they changed the drop mechanics, this would have been true, unless you killed enough in a L57- group to get the L56s to drop.

With the current drop mechanics, I'm pretty sure you can use a L57 to drop L56 items.

My temporarily frozen L52 is still dropping L51 items in BS.Odd. Doesn't work for me o.o

Iaceden
05-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! So still a little confused stop at 56 or 57? Any more input?

Patricks
05-21-2012, 09:33 PM
I noticed as a lvl 57 I've gotten both 56 and 58 items. I believe if everyone in the party is 57 or less u will get 56 items. If the party has lvl 58s or higher your level 57 will get 58 items. So stick with level 56.

Phoenixking
05-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I noticed as a lvl 57 I've gotten both 56 and 58 items. I believe if everyone in the party is 57 or less u will get 56 items. If the party has lvl 58s or higher your level 57 will get 58 items. So stick with level 56.
Safest and best most def.

Zeus
05-21-2012, 09:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken, it's indicated by the difficulty indicator. That's the small circle at the end of your opponent's health bar. You can be L57, but it's not worth the extra difficulty.

Let me explain why.

In order to drop the difficulty, you'll need to kill more enemies before you can kill the boss. 57 does not offer many more benefits than a L56 farmer, so why do you want to give yourself that extra hassle?

Bottom line: You can do 57, but it's just way easier to do 56, as you do not have to kill essentially every single enemy before reaching the boss in order to get L56 gear as drops.

Note: I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've done some scaled farming, but when I did it with my elf, Poseidon, it was working perfectly on the method I explained above.

drewcapu
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Ever since the drop mechanics change, the threat level has nothing to do with drop level. The threat level now only determines mob difficulty and xp gained. You essentially do not even have to kill a certain number of mobs. You just have to kill enough to get the bosses to spawn.

Your level is the only thing that determines the drop level now.

The exceptions that I have seen are Old Swamps drops and in AO2 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47829-AO2-not-dropping-correct-level), which are broken.

I've tried to get the devs to fix Old Swamp drops especially (nothing really worth farming at min levels in AO2), but to no avail. The last thing Thade told me was that they were satisfied with how things were dropping. When I told him that, as is, old L30 swamp drops are effectively discontinued, it almost sounded like he was willing to have it re-evaluated. But I'm not holding my breath.

Granted, I do not currently have a L57 to test if they are dropping L56 items correctly in Nuri. If they are dropping L58 items, someone should post a bug report as that is inconsistent with the current drop mechanics.