PDA

View Full Version : Carapace - Dark Legends Lead!

Carapace
05-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Hail Dark Legends!

I’m Carapace and I’m heading up new content and design for Dark Legends. I’m already toiling away on some cool stuff for you guys – including the expansion which you’ll be hearing more from Samhayne about over the next couple weeks, but there are some more details below!

We just had a lot of fun with the Ecliptic Moon Gem pack, and around the corner we have some pretty large changes and additions coming. We have an increase in the level cap to 26 (for the hardcore) with two new campaigns. These will include more 2H items as loot in addition to a couple new mob types and bosses! Around the same time we’re going to be bringing in some large changes to our map and energy systems. We’ve been reading the forums, listening to general feedback, ideas, suggestions and come up with what we feel is a much better experience for everyone. So large in fact that it’s worth taking a moment to discuss!

First, 3D missions will no longer cost energy. This makes them free to play infinitely! Campaign maps will be condensed down to their playable 3D missions to reduce clutter, with the cut-scene actions replaced by a new “Contacts” system. The Contacts are where your energy will be going now, and they unlock per campaign as you progress through the 3D missions. Contacts are given tasks, special to each contact, which allow you to choose how long it takes for them to complete. These contacts upon completion will also yield experience and gold rewards like actions do now, scaled based on the length of time and yield additional rewards for those willing to wait! The big thing here is that we are giving you guys the power to decide how much you want to play without gating the 3D experience with energy, but still providing notable benefits for its usage.

Additionally we’re working on a “Minion” system. As a brief overview the idea here is that you are rewarded for returning day after day, benefitting you with a super awesome reward every 5th day! Miss a day or two however, and the rewards he has for you might have been taken by another vampire. More details on this one later. Just a peek for the moment!

On a final note we are also working on a goal system, which should help to streamline new user and veteran users experience as they play through the content to make sure they take advantage of all that Dark Legends has to offer.

That’s enough about the exciting stuff coming your way, so here’s a little bit about me.

I play the guitar and write a lot of music in my spare time, but I’m a pretty avid gamer as well. I watch way more movies and shows than I should, with a lot of the SCI-FI and horror movies turning up in my media player again and again. Also a pretty big anime fan, always on the prowl for a new favorite to find its way into my hands.

I’ll see you guys in the District,
-Carapace

I know you guys likely have questions, put them in this thread and I’ll answer when I have a few moments to answer. You guys rock!

Deathpunch
05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Minions, huh? I like that idea. What type of items? Consumables or gear?

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

morfic
05-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Awesome sounding stuff.

Any chances at male thongs/speedos in the near future? I need to feel sexy.

Lowlyspy
05-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Well that's cool, might not be good for merch's due to the fact that it may cause item prices to drop, but still cool.

Also, DBZ FTW!

Carapace
05-21-2012, 06:45 PM
It's still on the table as to what kind of rewards may be rewarded through the minion system, I think it could range potentially from bloodpacks, gear, and even vanities! Still actively being developed, so ideas are welcome and encouraged. :vsmile:

Lowlyspy
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
CS guy's white suit....take the hint *gestures toward sig*

Roc
05-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Favorite Sci-fi movie? Anime? Details plz ;)

And I'm excited for what's coming!

My minions!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://dungeonsmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Despicable-Me-Minions.jpg

Cahaun
05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Nice updates! No... BEST update I've seen proposed :)

Suentous PO
05-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Awe
Some
Sauce!
Glad to hear y'all rethink the energy, us farmers will be able to do our thing.

Nassar
05-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Interesting. I like the direction things are heading.

Question: lots of capped players have banked the "cut-scene" missions, hoping to collect on them once the cap is increased. What happens to all that energy invested already?

octavos
05-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Awww, sweet :) lovley. Shweeeeeet.
Just read the OP thread looks like the updates and features are kicking in...Cara, sounds like awesome planning and great additional content. Looking forward to it.

Shaocalur
05-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Nice, I'm looking forward to this.

Fyrce
05-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Hmm... I like maps the way they are. Hope the new system's not too confusing.

Expansion sounds very exciting, as is a rewards system.

dugantale
05-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Wooooooooo, I love you woooooooooooo, woooooooooo lol ty cara ;)

Late
05-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Like urqui said
I LOVE YOU ALSO!!!!!!

Mrsberry
05-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Welcome Carapace! Nice too meet you!
This sounds great can't wait!
Also a huge anime fan whats your favorite?
I love elfinlied.

Physiologic
05-21-2012, 08:35 PM
I started playing DL a couple of days ago because the energy-based playstyle better suits my time schedule (I've been a long time player of PL and it's quite time-consuming to level now). I had one major concern with DL regarding certain missions, more specifically the 24 hour one. I can wait x amount of minutes to hours to go to the next campaign but waiting 24 hours to get to the next new campaign is a bit daunting to new players such as myself. Will your new Contacts system place the 24 hour missions optional (such as choosing "24 hours" will net you more exp and gold, compared to let's say a "5 hours" mission)? The 24 hour thing really puts a damper especially when I'm gungho about seeing what the next campaign is all about. Otherwise I am all for the no-energy 3D mission. Cheers!

Carapace
05-21-2012, 08:56 PM
I started playing DL a couple of days ago because the energy-based playstyle better suits my time schedule (I've been a long time player of PL and it's quite time-consuming to level now). I had one major concern with DL regarding certain missions, more specifically the 24 hour one. I can wait x amount of minutes to hours to go to the next campaign but waiting 24 hours to get to the next new campaign is a bit daunting to new players such as myself. Will your new Contacts system place the 24 hour missions optional (such as choosing "24 hours" will net you more exp and gold, compared to let's say a "5 hours" mission)? The 24 hour thing really puts a damper especially when I'm gungho about seeing what the next campaign is all about. Otherwise I am all for the no-energy 3D mission. Cheers!

Excellent point here, I'm happy to mention that the new "Contacts" system will not restrict players from going on to the next campaign. In it's place we will be taking a more typical MMO approach in which we have recommended levels for playing in new campaigns. So you're free to continue on once the 3D missions for a campaign have been completed, as long as you're on your toes and keeping your gear in check! With this change it will entirely possible that as a level 13 you may be trying to take on level 20's, but we will label the campaigns (I believe is the plan) with a recommended level note.

If the timer style still suits you better we will allow you to put energy points into those contacts of yours to continue gathering XP and gold while unable to play for extended periods. It should be the best of bother worlds, though no doubt with some bugs to address along the way. :vsmile:

Carapace
05-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Welcome Carapace! Nice too meet you!
This sounds great can't wait!
Also a huge anime fan whats your favorite?
I love elfinlied.

My current all time favorite is probably a tie between Bleach, and Death Note. Also a huge fan of Miyazaki films!

Carapace
05-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Interesting. I like the direction things are heading.

Question: lots of capped players have banked the "cut-scene" missions, hoping to collect on them once the cap is increased. What happens to all that energy invested already?

I noticed this post earlier today as well. We might be able to retool it a bit but in all likelyhood most of these actions are actually being removed from the game, and thus will not be there to collect. I will converse with other developers and see if we can devise a system which allows us to allocate that XP and Gold as part of the conversion process in the event they are sitting in a collectible state.

This is of course assuming that this goes live at the same time as the new expansion does, which is not a for certain just yet. We will be giving everyone enough time and heads up to plan accordingly in the next few weeks as we get closer to the updates mentioned.

Carapace
05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Favorite Sci-fi movie? Anime? Details plz ;)

And I'm excited for what's coming!

My minions!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://dungeonsmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Despicable-Me-Minions.jpg

Favorite Sci-fi movies are definitely classics. Aliens, The Thing (Jon Carpenter), Star Wars, Event Horizon, Firefly, etc etc

As for anime, I answered earlier but Bleach and Death Note, Moribido was also awesome. Full Metal Alchemist, Gurren Laggan and the list continues on and on :vsmile:

octavos
05-21-2012, 09:27 PM
I noticed this post earlier today as well. We might be able to retool it a bit but in all likelyhood most of these actions are actually being removed from the game, and thus will not be there to collect.

Ahh really, That's unfortunate. Gotta collect befor these get removed. Now that I know.

Kaytar
05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Can't wait :D

morfic
05-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Bleach is definitely the best. +1

You never answered me about man-thongs/speedos :(

Roc
05-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Favorite Sci-fi movies are definitely classics. Aliens, The Thing (Jon Carpenter), Star Wars, Event Horizon, Firefly, etc etc

As for anime, I answered earlier but Bleach and Death Note, Moribido was also awesome. Full Metal Alchemist, Gurren Laggan and the list continues on and on :vsmile:

Yes, I read your reply to Mrsberry (quite revealing muahahahhahahahahahhaha) :) I fully support your support of the super deserving of support show Firefly :biggrin:

Deathpunch
05-22-2012, 01:37 AM
I noticed this post earlier today as well. We might be able to retool it a bit but in all likelyhood most of these actions are actually being removed from the game, and thus will not be there to collect. I will converse with other developers and see if we can devise a system which allows us to allocate that XP and Gold as part of the conversion process in the event they are sitting in a collectible state.

This is of course assuming that this goes live at the same time as the new expansion does, which is not a for certain just yet. We will be giving everyone enough time and heads up to plan accordingly in the next few weeks as we get closer to the updates mentioned.

I sure hope that we can get the xp for them. I got every non 3D mission done and waiting to be collected once cap increase comes on two toons. I'll be starting on the 3D missions when I go on vacation in the next couple days.

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

Balage
05-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Hi Carapace,

Update sounds good, thanks for that. Only one question, if I may: when? :-)

All the very best,
Balage

Carth
05-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Welcome, Carapace! I'm absolutely excited about these upcoming changes! Looking forward to future changes and add-ons to Dark Legends.

You're awesome. Just... awesome. :D

Lady_Pebbles
05-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Hellurr, welcome, & nice to meet ya! Thanks for hitting up my thread with the info needed, I appreciate it.

Glad to find more people interested in anime! I have my own lil mini collection of anime so basically... I <3 anime lol.

~Pebbles
Ign: Thren

Takezaki
05-22-2012, 04:37 AM
Jesus, fix the economy :)

And welcome aboard!

ArtStar
05-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Thanks Cara, I am really happy to see that things are coming along!
Nice to see you are keeping your word with bringing out awesome stuff.
Pop back in guild chat sometime!! ; ]

That's really cool! I play guitar very well, and like to sing.(not so well)
Anime is pretty addicting lolol I love it I've had a lot of favorites too.
My favorites are Samurai Deeper Kyo, and Bleach. :D

StompArtist
05-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Bleach is definitely the best. +1
You never answered me about man-thongs/speedos :(

I second Morfic suggestion and would request that, if the game road map does not include speedo, would accept a picture of the whole STS crew in said Speedo as a peace offering. Thank you.

ArtStar
05-22-2012, 08:14 AM
I doubt there will be a Speedo xD
Lol, last time I talked to Cara he said they didn't really wanna make anything silly like bathing suits.

FluffNStuff
05-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Does this mean loot and mobs will no longer scale to the player as they do now? That is one of the nice things about DL, having all levels as playable content.

Wolves
05-22-2012, 08:29 AM
^
I have the same question. I feel scaling the mobs and bosses (and drops) to player level adds more replayability to DL. It is one of my favorite aspects of the game and I would like to see it continue.

Also, Miyazaki rules. Porco Rosso is my hero.

StompArtist
05-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I too worry that the content will be consumed too fast and that people will start "rushing" to cap if the energy "hurdles" are removed...

Staryknight
05-22-2012, 09:36 AM
I too worry that the content will be consumed too fast and that people will start "rushing" to cap if the energy "hurdles" are removed...

I don't see what's wrong with people "rushing" to the cap. If you cap within a week and are bored its your own problem not theirs. Level alts, pvp, farm, find a new game, etc. As long as there is something worth farming and achievements to work towards (kills, executions) the hardcore grinders will be happy.

Will we be able to earn xp through the 3d missions and if so will it be comparable to the xp earned through timed cutscenes? Provided that you have the time to grind.

StompArtist
05-22-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't see what's wrong with people "rushing" to the cap. If you cap within a week and are bored its your own problem not theirs. Level alts, pvp, farm, find a new game, etc. As long as there is something worth farming and achievements to work towards (kills, executions) the hardcore grinders will be happy.

Will we be able to earn xp through the 3d missions and if so will it be comparable to the xp earned through timed cutscenes? Provided that you have the time to grind.

Some of us do not play for the level cap. We enjoy the ride not the destination.

Gets empty hen everyone is rushing for the cap. This whole business of other players trying to level as fast as possible is what ruined PL for me.

captaintuttle
05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
These changes sound very excellent! Keep up that awesome toiling!

Phoenixking
05-22-2012, 01:20 PM
First, 3D missions will no longer cost energy. This makes them free to play infinitely! Campaign maps will be condensed down to their playable 3D missions to reduce clutter, with the cut-scene actions replaced by a new “Contacts” system. The Contacts are where your energy will be going now, and they unlock per campaign as you progress through the 3D missions. Contacts are given tasks, special to each contact, which allow you to choose how long it takes for them to complete. These contacts upon completion will also yield experience and gold rewards like actions do now, scaled based on the length of time and yield additional rewards for those willing to wait! The big thing here is that we are giving you guys the power to decide how much you want to play without gating the 3D experience with energy, but still providing notable benefits for its usage.

I play the guitar and write a lot of music in my spare time, but I’m a pretty avid gamer as well. Also a pretty big anime fan, always on the prowl for a new favorite to find its way into my hands.

I’ll see you guys in the District,
-Carapace

I know you guys likely have questions, put them in this thread and I’ll answer when I have a few moments to answer. You guys rock!
Can't wait for new systems
im a very big anime/manga fan. My fave manga is naruto, Storyline so interesting. Naruto shippuden is my fave. anime. Question: when you watch anime do you watch it in English dub.? Or English sub.?

HunterSLAYER
05-22-2012, 02:01 PM
One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach are AWESOME!

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Prestige
05-22-2012, 06:03 PM
If the updates continue to be as good as the customer support. I'm all in for dropping a few extra dollars on the game. Great to see that major updates are in plan :D

Carapace
05-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Does this mean loot and mobs will no longer scale to the player as they do now? That is one of the nice things about DL, having all levels as playable content.

All loot and mobs will scale as they do currently for 3D missions. New campaigns will be opening with the expansion but all of the previous campaigns will still support loot and mob scaling so that you can farm all of them even at level 23, 24 25 and beyond!

Carapace
05-22-2012, 06:17 PM

Removing the hurdles, but retooling the energy mechanic so that it does not get in the way of 3D content for the players that wish to play that way. My personal belief is that the new system will likely cater to both, allowing players with less time to play in a session to send their contacts out to do their dirty work for extended periods of time, returning later to reap the benefits (and additional benefits for their patience on longer contact requests!) compared to the player who will no doubt be using contacts for boosts in XP and Gold to supplement their 3D content playing.

Carapace
05-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Can't wait for new systems
im a very big anime/manga fan. My fave manga is naruto, Storyline so interesting. Naruto shippuden is my fave. anime. Question: when you watch anime do you watch it in English dub.? Or English sub.?

Has to be subtitled for me, I'm a purist. :p Having said that, I enjoy watching english dubbed versions of Miyazaki films like Spirited Away and The Secret World of Arrietty. The emotion in a lot of the shows gets lost if it's done in English dub however, and it tends to ruin the experience for me.

NeoLabyrinth
05-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Will there be any possible updates for more time killers outside of doing campaigns? Other than the 2 PvPs up already

FluffNStuff
05-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Has to be subtitled for me, I'm a purist. :p Having said that, I enjoy watching english dubbed versions of Miyazaki films like Spirited Away and The Secret World of Arrietty. The emotion in a lot of the shows gets lost if it's done in English dub however, and it tends to ruin the experience for me.

It has been a while, but I used to watch a lot of Anime, like Neon Genesis, Escaflowne, City Hunter <--(Best EVER!!), and I always preferred subtitled, but there is one, Ninja Scrolls, that I can only watch dubbed, because that is how I first saw it, so that is how my mind thinks it should be. By the way, if you have never seen City Hunter, you NEED to see City Hunter!!!

justisemo
05-23-2012, 10:50 AM
When can we expect this update :)?

Prestige
05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
When can we expect this update :)?

He said in a couple of weeks.

Shaocalur
05-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Will we ever be able to create our own public games where we can boot others? I realize you could just solo and invite friends but friends don't always wanna join you >.<. I was just thinking we'd be able to have public games but people could be booted.

Maybe if you press "Play multiplayer" and if your first in the dungeon you become automatic host?

Edit:

Will this also apply to CTF and DM as well? (Only if the answer to the question above was yes.)

Carapace
05-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Will there be any possible updates for more time killers outside of doing campaigns? Other than the 2 PvPs up already

Ideas are being brainstormed, in addition to posts that you guys have mentioned in the suggestions forums. Sometimes it comes down to current supporting technology, but we're looking into more stuff for time killing purposes. It should be noted however, that when these changes come online there will be no need to wait around for 3D content, you can do 3D missions or continue to PVP free of energy costs as long as you like!

Carapace
05-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Will we ever be able to create our own public games where we can boot others? I realize you could just solo and invite friends but friends don't always wanna join you >.<. I was just thinking we'd be able to have public games but people could be booted.

Maybe if you press "Play multiplayer" and if your first in the dungeon you become automatic host?

Edit:

Will this also apply to CTF and DM as well? (Only if the answer to the question above was yes.)

In general our mentality in regards to PvE content is that the missions are pretty short, and the need to boot someone is pretty minimal if a dungeon lasts between 1-5 minutes. Additionally we don't currently have support for a feature such as that, though it's never off the table.

Shaocalur
05-23-2012, 07:07 PM
In general our mentality in regards to PvE content is that the missions are pretty short, and the need to boot someone is pretty minimal if a dungeon lasts between 1-5 minutes. Additionally we don't currently have support for a feature such as that, though it's never off the table.

Never thought of it like that. >.< Ugh, thank you.

n00b13st
05-23-2012, 09:52 PM
First, 3D missions will no longer cost energy. This makes them free to play infinitely! Campaign maps will be condensed down to their playable 3D missions to reduce clutter, with the cut-scene actions replaced by a new “Contacts” system. The Contacts are where your energy will be going now, and they unlock per campaign as you progress through the 3D missions. Contacts are given tasks, special to each contact, which allow you to choose how long it takes for them to complete.
Additionally we’re working on a “Minion” system. As a brief overview the idea here is that you are rewarded for returning day after day, benefitting you with a super awesome reward every 5th day! Miss a day or two however, and the rewards he has for you might have been taken by another vampire. More details on this one later. Just a peek for the moment!

On a final note we are also working on a goal system, which should help to streamline new user and veteran users experience as they play through the content to make sure they take advantage of all that Dark Legends has to offer.

I'm looking forward to the customizable contacts missions - will suit my playing time better. Will setting it for longer duration make it cost more energy?

The minions sound potentially pretty cool too. I should have some ghouls and thralls and beasties working for me as a proper vampire lord. :vP:

Goals system is pretty undefined so I can only say it sounds interesting, looking forward to learning more.

As for the infinitely playable active (3d) missions,

not too thrilled about bringing back the "psycho players with no life have all the best gear and all the money" but I also recognize those players are a major part of your bread and butter so...it is what it is
but at the same time it will be nice to play an active mission whenever I feel like it, even with all energy invested in passives (contacts/cut-scenes.)

So I'll be glad for the good.

And I'm still waiting for my vampire banana. :banana:

Thanks for the info Carapace!

Villania
05-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Hiyas, love all the proposed changes! And so happy that we will have the option of not waiting 24 hours for a mission if we don't want too.

Now get back to work! You have a deadline to meet, or a flatline to make ;p

SexyIsland
05-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Awesome!!! Can't wait!

alex_sunder
05-24-2012, 12:52 AM
In my opinion current energy system is great:
1) It brings ballance between casual players and grinder-maniacs (while providing enouth playtime: 25 nrj is enougth for about 9-12 runs which takes about half an hour of play each 2 hours(full regen takes 2:10)). And casual playing players has a chance to FARM and GEAR not so bad comparing to people who "live" in game.
2) It makes you think before taking the mission, and do it thoroughly - not a
senceless rush of a sprinter to the goal.
3) Limited energy stimulates PVP, which at the moment gives absolutely no in-game privelegies exept for titles (besides the fun of cource). And if there was no limit on dungeons runs, there would be substationaly less people on arenas.
4) If the energy requirements for dungeons disappears - the ingame economy will collapse. The prises on pinks will drop dramaticly, and greens will be totaly unnesessary if you can buy pinks cheap. Which will result total reduction of turnover. Also it'll be much more difficult to save enouth gold for vanities.

anshdoc
05-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Hey guys great work. Though frankly present energy system is not too bad !

The worst point about PL is elixir dependent, please let it be free with the cutscenes.
Also PvP is the strength of DL. I love to play this, so it requires new arenas.

Continue your great work.

StompArtist
05-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Removing the hurdles, but retooling the energy mechanic so that it does not get in the way of 3D content for the players that wish to play that way. My personal belief is that the new system will likely cater to both, allowing players with less time to play in a session to send their contacts out to do their dirty work for extended periods of time, returning later to reap the benefits (and additional benefits for their patience on longer contact requests!) compared to the player who will no doubt be using contacts for boosts in XP and Gold to supplement their 3D content playing.

Sounds great. You go make us happy Carap!

Rare
05-24-2012, 08:11 AM
My current all time favorite is probably a tie between Bleach, and Death Note. Also a huge fan of Miyazaki films!

Bleach... I'm so behind.

Carapace
05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
In my opinion current energy system is great:
1) It brings ballance between casual players and grinder-maniacs (while providing enouth playtime: 25 nrj is enougth for about 9-12 runs which takes about half an hour of play each 2 hours(full regen takes 2:10)). And casual playing players has a chance to FARM and GEAR not so bad comparing to people who "live" in game.
2) It makes you think before taking the mission, and do it thoroughly - not a
senceless rush of a sprinter to the goal.
3) Limited energy stimulates PVP, which at the moment gives absolutely no in-game privelegies exept for titles (besides the fun of cource). And if there was no limit on dungeons runs, there would be substationaly less people on arenas.
4) If the energy requirements for dungeons disappears - the ingame economy will collapse. The prises on pinks will drop dramaticly, and greens will be totaly unnesessary if you can buy pinks cheap. Which will result total reduction of turnover. Also it'll be much more difficult to save enouth gold for vanities.

Some great points here, I'll comment quickly on each one:

1) The particular point you're mentioning in regards to gear in relation to pure running of 3D content, there are plans to have the minions and contacts provide scaling rewards based on the time you let them run for. Without going into too much detail if you choose to have a contact do something for 24h, upon their return you may receive a bushel of items from a relevant loot table, compared to the players grinding through and focusing on quicker contact actions to boost their XP and Gold gain. We feel this will balance out the problem you're pointing out here but nothing is perfect, and we will be adjusting once it is released.

2) In the end this comes down to individual players. Some like to stop and smell the roses, and others like to speed through for the xp gain at the end. It's not up to us to decide which method the player should play so much as allow players the means to play as they please within the confines of the game rules. This new system will help to appease more varying play styles while still providing cool rewards for players that approach it from those different angles.

3) This is very true, and PvP may see a small decline upon this system launching. We will be monitoring the boards and feedback on these things and we can adjust accordingly. New pvp arenas are in the works for the future, and we can always revisit the matching criteria to favor populated games based on hwo this plays out. Even with the easier access to PvE content a majority of players still really enjoy the PvP in Dark Legends, and I would expect that to continue to be healthy.

4) The current idea is likely to start integrating certain vanities into the world as very rare drops to reduce the crazy requirement of gold for certain outfits. While it's true the prices for gear will begin to drop on the AH as more flood the market, certain items will always be more primo for PvP vs PvE, and priced accordingly by players. There are some other things we can do to reintroduce rarer or different items to keep the economy from flat-lining. Very valid concern.

ArtStar
05-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Will we be getting a guild leaderboard?

anshdoc
05-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks for summarizing, some very nice concerns have been thought over by the devs.
From my point of view as u said few things are important to keep the interest in the game alive
1) Level cap and new skills
2) PVP
3) Trading and CS
4) PVE
5) Forums and Friends

I think personally for me these things are very important and had made me hook to the game more than SL for more than 5 hours a day despite my work.
I love this as it gives me excitement and fun.
So I request you to continue to look into above mentioned factors.

Enirea
http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/3/0/9/8/9/5130989WXFDP.png (http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php)

Xaphan Fox
05-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Offering my lifetime supply for no largest guild leaderboard... but instead, some other form of cumulative guild leaderboard:

total of all guildies pve kills

total of all guildies pvp kills

etc...

most max members makes guilds do bad things to each other... and so far... the guilds in DL have been peaceful.

Barbamitsos
05-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Will the minions yield xp now?

Floating
05-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Excuse me but I would like to ask a question: I have given over 500 plat in item packs and ecliptic gem packs. Without trying to whine or refund or anything like this, can the items raise level as we do? It would not be right if I had to get lvl 26 items again using 500 plat or more :cower: Thank you for reading this comment :cower:

Skeokateva
05-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Excuse me but I would like to ask a question: I have given over 500 plat in item packs and ecliptic gem packs. Without trying to whine or refund or anything like this, can the items raise level as we do? It would not be right if I had to get lvl 26 items again using 500 plat or more :cower: Thank you for reading this comment :cower:

I was thinking about this yesterday :) I would love to see a plat weapon that progresses with you for like 3-4 lvls beyond the lvl u purchase it at. Honestly I would feel a lot better making an investment into an item:)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Carapace
05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Will the minions yield xp now?

No Barbamitsos, the form of the xp gathered in Dark Legends from running the 3D missions will remain a flat and consistent rate independent from the number of mobs in a dungeon. Changing this would have a sweeping effect on a lot of other systems, including balance and min/max proclivity for farming Mission X. By making all of the 3D missions worth the same experience, but offer different loot we're encouraging players to play the missions they like to play, or the missions that have the legendaries they are after without worrying about not progressing their character fairly. We're also allowed more breathing room to make encounters interesting and more fun for the player without having to worry about creating an exploitable inbalance between the content. :vsmile:

So in short, individual mob XP gain will not be a change that likely comes to Dark Legends.

Carapace
05-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Offering my lifetime supply for no largest guild leaderboard... but instead, some other form of cumulative guild leaderboard:

total of all guildies pve kills

total of all guildies pvp kills

etc...

most max members makes guilds do bad things to each other... and so far... the guilds in DL have been peaceful.

We're investigating some ideas for a guild leaderboard, and while it's not something we're in motion on right now (due to all the other crazy stuff we're working on!), it's possible in the future a guild leaderboard will likely use a system along the lines of what you're describing. We would want to handle the leaderboards in a way that becomes gameplay oriented in regards to PvE kills, PvP kill, Legendaries farmed, or other such stats that create a competitive edge in players who are mindful while avoiding a scenario where "Our guild is the best! We have 438 members and you only have 243!". That's not as much fun, and the wrong kind of competitive in our opinion for Dark Legends.

Carapace
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I was thinking about this yesterday :) I would love to see a plat weapon that progresses with you for like 3-4 lvls beyond the lvl u purchase it at. Honestly I would feel a lot better making an investment into an item:)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

We are looking into crafting systems and the like to eventually provide players with benefits along these lines. No details are available yet but we're thinking on it! :vsmile:

octavos
05-25-2012, 10:17 AM
That's not as much fun, and the wrong kind of competitive in our opinion for Dark Legends.

No Guild Leader Board...causes to many arguments (And threads of endless rants)...let the guilds prove the best by the members and word of mouth. Only then will people see who is the best. they should also disappear from Pl and SL.

Carapace
05-25-2012, 02:21 PM
No Guild Leader Board...causes to many arguments (And threads of endless rants)...let the guilds prove the best by the members and word of mouth. Only then will people see who is the best. they should also disappear from Pl and SL.

And these are exactly the things we need to be aware of when toying with a system that may only benefit a few versus the masses. Feedback like this is important in our discussion of these topics.

FluffNStuff
05-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Maybe you would be the person to ask about the feeding flashing. When you get to full, and don't feed for a bit, it flashes, which makes sense, you can't just save it forever. But if you feed, then start building up again, it is still flashing, as in it does not reset the time out. This gets really annoying, and can lasts for days because it stays with you when you log out and come back. I posted about it, and there had been talk, but not sure if this is still on the radar.

Qyu
05-25-2012, 05:18 PM
How about add some vanity drop ?
The vanity from store ofcourse untradeable even we bought it with gold, and the item that we can put in auction house only weapon and gem which is cheap i think because the easiest game to farm gold is dark legends , both pocket legends and star legends is hard to get gold/credit but both have vanities that price over million. The game is already awesome, i just want to say my opinion. Thanks for a great job to make this cool game. :)

ArtStar
05-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Hum hum for sure lol no worries on the leaderboard thing I understand. It just feels a bit pointless and dull to cap, for me. I got to the end of the road and felt like I had nothing to show for it. No level-cap vanity, no moving us up on the board, nothing but a title. A title which is pointless to me when the only title/status symbol I want to wear is the Sparkling Pwnies title I've had equipped since guilds came out. Like I said though is all just me, and it's the way I feel. I got to the end of the road and things got dark, and I knew this would happen. So that's part of why I took till last week to cap.

I'm so happy I'm a part of the AoC, it keeps me inspired to play/help people along their way to the 'end of the road.' :D

Prestige
05-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Hum hum for sure lol no worries on the leaderboard thing I understand. It just feels a bit pointless and dull to cap, for me. I got to the end of the road and felt like I had nothing to show for it. No level-cap vanity, no moving us up on the board, nothing but a title. A title which is pointless to me when the only title/status symbol I want to wear is the Sparkling Pwnies title I've had equipped since guilds came out. Like I said though is all just me, and it's the way I feel. I got to the end of the road and things got dark, and I knew this would happen. So that's part of why I took till last week to cap.

I'm so happy I'm a part of the AoC, it keeps me inspired to play/help people along their way to the 'end of the road.' :D

We are lucky to even get anything for capping. SL and PL didn't have any vanities until lvl36 and 56 respectively. DL at least got a little something just for the first lvl21 cap. I'm sure they are working on new elite vanity equipment or maybe something cooler.

On a side note question:
Is the wardrobe achievement going to extend? I feel that it's already expensive as it is and it would be kind of upsetting to have a title ruined by adding more and more wardrobe requirements (unless they are added as gold). At the regular cost the entire wardrobe is around 70-80 USD. But fortunately thanks to this event it's around 35-40 USD to complete now.

ArtStar
05-26-2012, 12:16 PM
We are lucky to even get anything for capping. SL and PL didn't have any vanities until lvl36 and 56 respectively. DL at least got a little something just for the first lvl21 cap. I'm sure they are working on new elite vanity equipment or maybe something cooler.

Ha ha yeah you're probably right. It really isn't a huge deal lol no worries I was just curious and I got my answer, thanks guys <3

Shaocalur
05-29-2012, 04:15 PM
OH! And to go with what I said in my last post, will we be able to create our private CTF/DM matches? I don't like joining private games all the time and would like to just have a CTF match with my guild.

Flowman
05-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Thank god one of these threads exists where the head developer actually responds on a regular basis. Gives me hope that our feedback will be taken in to consideration.

Late
05-29-2012, 08:51 PM
When will it be here?

Shaocalur
05-30-2012, 02:33 PM
When will it be here?

I think it was Sam who said in the next 3-4 weeks.

Carapace
05-30-2012, 04:13 PM
How about add some vanity drop ?
The vanity from store ofcourse untradeable even we bought it with gold, and the item that we can put in auction house only weapon and gem which is cheap i think because the easiest game to farm gold is dark legends , both pocket legends and star legends is hard to get gold/credit but both have vanities that price over million. The game is already awesome, i just want to say my opinion. Thanks for a great job to make this cool game. :)

There are some ideas for the future that touch on this idea I believe :vsmile:

Carapace
05-30-2012, 04:15 PM

On a side note question:
Is the wardrobe achievement going to extend? I feel that it's already expensive as it is and it would be kind of upsetting to have a title ruined by adding more and more wardrobe requirements (unless they are added as gold). At the regular cost the entire wardrobe is around 70-80 USD. But fortunately thanks to this event it's around 35-40 USD to complete now.

If new titles are awarded for extending the wardrobe they will be added in addition to, and not move the current bar for the Title. That would be unfair to people trying to gain it as well as those that already earned it!

Will more achievements find there way into the wardrobe section? Very likely, but they will be part of a new set of titles potentially tied to ones already previously obtainable in addition to new ones. Don't quote me on this part!

Carapace
05-30-2012, 04:17 PM
OH! And to go with what I said in my last post, will we be able to create our private CTF/DM matches? I don't like joining private games all the time and would like to just have a CTF match with my guild.

Currently there are no plans to do this I don't think. There have been a handful of discussions but nothing that has stuck as a reasonable solution at the moment.

Lady_Pebbles
05-31-2012, 04:35 AM

Currently there are no plans to do this I don't think. There have been a handful of discussions but nothing that has stuck as a reasonable solution at the moment.
Guild vs Guild PvP might be a solution...?

My Guild vs Guild PvP thread. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?55227-Suggestion-Guild-vs-Guild-PvP-CtF)

BAM! lol

Seriously would something like that be part of the next update? Or future updates? >__>

Qyu
05-31-2012, 12:08 PM
There are some ideas for the future that touch on this idea I believe :vsmile:

Woot, cant wait :D

Iridian
06-07-2012, 02:42 PM
I like this game a lot but there is one thing I don't like so much. I have been lvl 21 now for about 3-4 weeks and since then it has been impossible to gain XP. The counter simply remains at 0. I feel I have wasted a lot of XP :). I know many players already reached lvl 21 and feel the same way about this...disappointment on reaching lvl 21. Will there be any compensation for all the lost XP. Best would be to be able to still get that lost XP and use it for the new levels. But that would probably only be possible if the XP is counted somewhere. Would that be possible?

ArtStar
06-07-2012, 03:00 PM
I like this game a lot but there is one thing I don't like so much. I have been lvl 21 now for about 3-4 weeks and since then it has been impossible to gain XP. The counter simply remains at 0. I feel I have wasted a lot of XP :). I know many players already reached lvl 21 and feel the same way about this...disappointment on reaching lvl 21. Will there be any compensation for all the lost XP. Best would be to be able to still get that lost XP and use it for the new levels. But that would probably only be possible if the XP is counted somewhere. Would that be possible?

Level-21 is the cap for this game, every one of the Legend games has started at 21. A level cap means that is the highest level you can go, when you cap in SL or PL you don't gain any xp after you cap. They fixed it to where we can't use any xp from this cap, on the next cap. I'm sorry.

Nabak
06-12-2012, 10:24 PM
I think its awesome that you are developing this with every style of player in mind. Sounds like the updates are going to be awesome.

heypeo
06-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Ikr I'm just counting down the days until it happens lol

thecrankybearsam
06-23-2012, 11:28 PM
congratulations