PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions for sts devs

mackjack
05-22-2012, 08:56 PM
1. how much money was donated for breast cancer research?

Superdexme
05-22-2012, 10:12 PM
No response devs?

Phoenixking
05-22-2012, 10:18 PM
No. Response.

Appleisaac
05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I really do want to see how much money was raised :). 7/10 twinks a saw in lv 10 pvp had one, so I'm guessing lots were bought in other level ranges too :)

Jcyee
05-22-2012, 10:37 PM
u cant really expect devs to respond to every thread on the forums... give it some time and maybe one will respond

Sryyoulose
05-22-2012, 10:44 PM
u cant really expect devs to respond to every thread on the forums... give it some time and maybe one will respond

Thank you for having a level head. Yes, I want to know this information as much as the next person however being impatient didn't help anything.

Piosidon
05-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Let's just say, a lot

Tortega
05-24-2012, 11:32 AM
guys we have to remember they do have other things to do not just be on the forums at all times. think of it if they spent all their time here on the forums would we be getting those updates on PL SL and DL that we recieve now? yea i dont think so. yes we all try to make time for everything but we all get busy. I thank the Devs for all that they do for us some arent so great but some are so we just need to learn patience i guess. take it from me I'm a mom with 3 growing boys and they test me every day. PATIENCE yep i have lots of it LOL:)

Entertaining
05-24-2012, 04:06 PM

Exactly..thank you for pointing that out

FluffNStuff
05-24-2012, 04:20 PM
It is going to take some time, accounting things likes these are not instant. They not only need the number of boquets sold (easy), but also the average price paid for platinum over the event period across all platforms (not so easy). They can't just guess at something like this, fund raising / donations need to be checked and double checked, and they are not about to toss out a number they are not 100 percent sure of just because some people lack patience.

mackjack
05-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Well, here's the thing: If STS can let us know how many boquets were sold, I can easily calculate the minimum amount of $ that was raised for breast cancer research:

$ raised for breast cancer research = N x 25 x 0.045 x 0.5

N = number of boquets that were bought
25 = plat cost per boquet
0.045 = $ per plat (this is based on the cheapest plat cost; the average plat cost will be higher)
0.5 = 1/2 of the money will be donated

I'd be happy if STS took 2 minutes out of their busy work day and let us know what N is. The fact that we didn't get any response after 2 days (not even a we're looking into it and will let you know soon reply) is kind of disappointing.

WoundedEagle
05-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Well, here's the thing: If STS can let us know how many boquets were sold, I can easily calculate the minimum amount of $ that was raised for breast cancer research:

$ raised for breast cancer research = N x 25 x 0.045 x 0.5

N = number of boquets that were bought
25 = plat cost per boquet
0.045 = $ per plat (this is based on the cheapest plat cost; the average plat cost will be higher)
0.5 = 1/2 of the money will be donated

I'd be happy if STS took 2 minutes out of their busy work day and let us know what N is. The fact that we didn't get any response after 2 days (not even a we're looking into it and will let you know soon reply) is kind of disappointing.

It's not that easy. They have to go into every purchase in-game and separate the Boquets from everything else. Then they have to split it accordingly to what percent they were donating. Then they have to go through lots of paperwork, and once everything is good to go, they send it. Then they post on forums. Chillax, only time can tell.

mackjack
05-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Gonna have to disagree with you there, WE.

It'd be nice if STS can let us know the exact $ amount (which takes time, I agree), but I'd be happy if they'd just let us know how many boquets were sold.

Given that STS claims to log everything in game, it should be a simple matter to run a query or write a script to pull the number of boquest sold out of their database.

IDK, maybe they're busy with the Memorial day stuff...

Samhayne
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey gang, we made a $5,000 donation to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation today! Details at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58829-5-000-Donation-to-Breast-Cancer-Research-from-Mother-s-Day-Bouquets

mackjack
05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Thx for the update.