PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Players Items

jbrulz
04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
I would love to see an option in the area where you view a player's stats to view their armor and the various bonuses it gives. This way you dont have to ask and wait for a response which can be very long and time consuming. What does the community think of this?

Shebee
04-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Why not, but definitely not a high priority one.

Banned
04-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Good idea. Seeing as how the new trading system is coming, it'll be extremely great if I could check out some item stats from random players to determine what items are right for me.

darrensmith016
04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't recommend this. As you would get certain players buggerIng other players for loot. Maybe show what the player is wearing but no the amount of gold or invonrey.

As soon as trading comes into play we are going to have loads of lower levels players begging for gold. If they know what else we have it's going to be worse

Banned
04-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Of course it wouldn't show the amount of gold. That would be completely pointless.

jbrulz
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Of course it wouldn't show the amount of gold. That would be completely pointless.

yea it wouldnt show the gold just the stats (possibly where the item can be found?)

Banned
04-18-2010, 07:56 PM
That would be helpful. Wouldn't have to go searching for the item in everymap.

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't recommend this. As you would get certain players buggerIng other players for loot. Maybe show what the player is wearing but no the amount of gold or invonrey.

As soon as trading comes into play we are going to have loads of lower levels players begging for gold. If they know what else we have it's going to be worse

You got a point, but there are going to be beggars regardless in my opinion.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 08:17 PM
invasion of privacy. I dont want anyone looking at my enchantress legendary panties.

No seriously. I actually think its bad enough people can look at your stats, both your attributes(str int dex) and your character stats(dps, attack dmg etc)

I mean, someone may come up with a brilliant strategy or build, and people will just look at their stats and copy it.

setec
04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
invasion of privacy. I dont want anyone looking at my enchantress legendary panties.

No seriously. I actually think its bad enough people can look at your stats, both your attributes(str int dex) and your character stats(dps, attack dmg etc)

I mean, someone may come up with a brilliant strategy or build, and people will just look at their stats and copy it.

Who cares if they come up with the same build as you? I mean, I understand if you come up with an original build but given the fact that there is so much information sharing going on regarding the best builds for each class, I don't think this is such an invasion.

I agree with being able to see the gear that the other person is wearing & the gear's stats. That way I don't have to ask about the item and can then decide if I want to go get one for myself.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Who cares if they come up with the same build as you? I mean, I understand if you come up with an original build but given the fact that there is so much information sharing going on regarding the best builds for each class, I don't think this is such an invasion.

I agree with being able to see the gear that the other person is wearing & the gear's stats. That way I don't have to ask about the item and can then decide if I want to go get one for myself.
Like I said, it is still invasion of privacy.

I know there is not much in the way of builds for this game. I mean, 3 stats only is not alot to play with.

I just recall the days of old in games like Ragnarok Online, esp private servers which allowed level 255 characters, which lead to alot of custom builds. It was very competeive to find the best builds, like a paladin with 100% armour so she took 0 dmg. And then finding a way to kill said paladin. Or a monk who could do 99999 dmg asura. All these builds were well thought out and their secrets guarded.

I'm just saying, what if the person does NOT want to share? :cool: Stop peeking at my panties man

setec
04-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Hmm, then maybe there could be an option (turned on by default) to block this. Then you could voluntarily turn that off if you wanted people to be able to see your gear.