PDA

View Full Version : Shooting while running doesn't work as well as it used to

Marshal
08-18-2010, 12:12 AM
I used to run circles around enemies and run away from them shooting.

These modes do not work as well in the game anymore because the character goes into an epileptic spasm and also slows the rate of fire and motion. As a result, the enemies latch on with attacks and stop the movement of the player character and make this familiar style of combat unplayable.

Standing and shooting works but it is not as fun as running around shooting.

The only motion which doesn't make visual sense is shooting directly behind oneself. Well, you could make the player always face the enemy, or you could make the weapon face them, or hold the shoot behind longer.

Arjun
08-18-2010, 01:35 AM
I think the mage can still move away from the target (run circles around. half circles). but the archers a bit stuck when it comes to tht. Running. Warriors got to move in or towards anyway so didnt find tht to be a prblm.

Royce
08-18-2010, 07:29 AM
With any ranged weapon (archer or mage) you now have to turn and shoot. There is already a thread about it here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5256-Bring-back-the-Run-and-Gun

Marshal
08-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I would be satisfied with running backwards while shooting, and always facing the enemy.

It's not about twinkly wink twiddley dinks. It's about fun things you can do with this game. And when you take away a fun thing then it's just that.

Standing in one spot and shooting was already possible.