PDA

View Full Version : twinks

Raxie
08-18-2010, 03:33 AM
a simple question; what is the level limit of a twink and when does one reach a certain level that he is not considered a twink?
or is a twink only level 19? because in pvp if it's a level 19 twink game, level 24s can join it, i assume? so is 24 the maximum level for twinks?

Ibmk
08-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Whats a twink?

Benstayeah
08-18-2010, 03:58 AM
a person thats low lvl but has very strong items

Raxie
08-18-2010, 03:59 AM
a twink is a level 19(?) character who fights with other level 19(?) characters.

a person thats low lvl but has very strong items
um... no. they don't have to have very strong items. they can have orange, mediocre items and still win.

KingFu
08-18-2010, 04:10 AM
A twink is a low level character, the post common being 19 at the time due to the PvP contest. I for one don't prefer the term twink, it just sounds weird.

A twink usually refers to something young or small.

EDIT:
A twink can be practically any level. It is your opinion what you consider a twink.

Raxie
08-18-2010, 06:11 AM
so technically because there are usually level 19 pvp matches i could level to a 24 and have an unfair advantage?

Snakespeare
08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I entered a fight one-on-one with my new twink and got one-shotted three times in a row. Guy was an oldie with a level 24. Bah. I don't even know how to beat people at my own level yet! LOL!

Level 19 is a twink level because there are equal pinks for all three classes. MD, I think you're incorrect. I don't believe that term refers to people who use orange items. There are no purple or pink helms at level 19, but there are weapons for all three classes, and armor, too. Helms at level 19 for twinks are greens, like the Ursan Ursan Helm, I think it's called.

Right now, the ONLY level that is being called a twink level is 19th. This is not a term that is applied just willy-nilly. There has to be some sort of wave of popularity. I can't just declare that a level 35 all set up with Skeller pinks is a twink. There would have to be a wave of people doing it all at once. Know what I mean?

Although, full disclosure, I know the term comes from WoW but I have never played it. I have read everything I could about them from this messageboard, so my statements refer only to this game. 8D

FluffNStuff
08-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Wikipedia for the win:
The process of keeping a video game character at a low level while using in-game currency, earned by a high level character, to provide it with superior equipment.

Basically, this is not a Pocket Legend term but a general MMOG term. It can be any level lower then current cap. The idea is to hold one character at a lower level and use your higher level characters to farm for gear to arm it. Normally, a character at that levels that spends time farming for equipment will eventually get too many xp points and level up. This is why it is important that your 'twink' not be your first character. In general, twinks fight other players, including other twinks of equal level. Most twinks though can beat non twinks of higher levels because they have been respeced for PVP and not PVE. It is important to spend at least one respec on a twink to compensate for the lost skill points in the starter skill, and to get rid of non dueling skills such as revive.

Snakespeare
08-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Wikipedia for the win:
The process of keeping a video game character at a low level while using in-game currency, earned by a high level character, to provide it with superior equipment.

Basically, this is not a Pocket Legend term but a general MMOG term. It can be any level lower then current cap. The idea is to hold one character at a lower level and use your higher level characters to farm for gear to arm it. Normally, a character at that levels that spends time farming for equipment will eventually get too many xp points and level up. This is why it is important that your 'twink' not be your first character. In general, twinks fight other players, including other twinks of equal level. Most twinks though can beat non twinks of higher levels because they have been respeced for PVP and not PVE. It is important to spend at least one respec on a twink to compensate for the lost skill points in the starter skill, and to get rid of non dueling skills such as revive.

Great points, FluffnStuff, and well-supported, but I still believe that a group concensus on certain levels is also involved, and right now it seems to be limited to 19th.

However, once it catches on, there will be another level. I have the perfect one in mind, and I think the devs may have planned for it... See this content update notice... hmmm...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?774-1.0-Content-Update-(46172)

Wouldn't it be great if people started to create level 29 twinks and farmed these mini-dungeons for these items? With one weapon and one armor for each attribute type, it's as cool as 19.

TwinkTastical
08-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Well.. my definition of a PL twink: A Level 19 character Made For the use in pvp. No 24 is over current tourney Entry lv. Therefore youd be pvping with yourself :D