PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff Coming to Dark Legends

Samhayne
05-23-2012, 04:01 PM
If you haven't read the introduction of Carapace, the Lead Designer for new Dark Legends content, check that out at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58508-Carapace-Dark-Legends-Lead!

In that thread, Carapace outlines some of the new stuff coming to Dark Legends and I wanted to create a separate thread to highlight that info.

Level cap increase over 2 new Campaigns (26 elite level cap)
Changes coming to the map and energy systems
3D Missions will be free to play infinetly
New Contact System that allows the user to select how long it takes to complete actions (with scaling rewards)
Minion System with rewards for playing consecutive days
New Goal system to revamp the tutorial and give direction for "what to do next" in the game

The cool thing about Spacetime Games is that we share tech across all games. So, for those that like Pocket Legends or Star Legends, you might see the Minion System or Goal System, for example, put to use in the future in those titles.

Also, if you're looking for "what is coming" to Pocket Legends or Star Legends, check out their Lead Designer introductions as well:

Pocket Legends Lead Designer intro - TechnoEmail http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58497-Techno-Email-Pocket-Legends-Lead-Designer-

Star Legends Lead Designer intro - Gibber
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58498-Meet-Gibber-Lead-Designer-for-Star-Legends

All of the above goodies in the bullet list above are waiting on a new client, which means a submission process to Apple. We haven't submitted yet to Apple, but that could happen soon (depending on how many issues crop up in pre-submission testing). So, to give a rough timeline, probably 3-4 weeks (or maybe a little sooner) to see these goodies in the live game. Of course, that could all change during the Apple submission process, so no guarantees.

Also - be sure to tune in tomorrow for the Live Hangout on Google+ with Cinco Barnes to talk about Dark Legends. It will be an awesome show and I'm sure there will be more details revealed about what is coming - details at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58466-Hangout-with-Cinco!-Post-your-questions-for-a-chance-to-join-the-live-Hangout!

Thanks for playing Dark Legends and for your support!

Cahaun
05-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Nice

dugantale
05-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Sounds good :-)

NYCFanMan
05-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Great!! :)

Shaocalur
05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Sweet. Wait cap raise in about 3-4 weeks? 0_o

Slcinuup
05-23-2012, 04:17 PM
This is awesome.

Late
05-23-2012, 04:26 PM
When will it come? TOO EXCITED ^_^

Mitchturbo
05-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Sounds fantastic!

octavos
05-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Wow, thats an extensive list...lookin snazzy :p

Question: Changes coming to the map and energy systems..

so what do we need to do...will there be more energy that will exceed 25?
will there be a warning (so no banking to non-forum members)?
will we still be able to get free buffs?

Jugernugetx
05-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Cap raise?? Slow down sts what year is this?

Growwle
05-23-2012, 05:01 PM
All looks positive, my vampire is almost 21 and will need more pve content soon.

Taresafoo
05-23-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm loving the unlimited 3D map action!

Alolucard
05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Pretty Sweet. Perhaps More Guild Activities/Options? Or A Bank, Thatd Be Interesting. Pun Intended.

Jcyee
05-23-2012, 08:03 PM
wow that was fast considering dl for ios hasnt been out too long... better get going

Commanderkeen
05-23-2012, 08:04 PM
WTH DL is getting new content before SL and PL?

Shaocalur
05-23-2012, 08:09 PM
WTH DL is getting new content before SL and PL?

Looks like it sadly. D;

Mrsberry
05-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Awsome! Cant wait!

xChilla
05-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Even though I'm EXTREMELY excited for the new update and it sounds really great... I'd rather have notifications fixed on iOS versions.. :\ They 100% do not work like they're supposed to..

n00b13st
05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
If you haven't read the introduction of Carapace, the Lead Designer for new Dark Legends content, check that out at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58508-Carapace-Dark-Legends-Lead!

In that thread, Carapace outlines some of the new stuff coming to Dark Legends and I wanted to create a separate thread to highlight that info.

Level cap increase over 2 new Campaigns (26 elite level cap)
Changes coming to the map and energy systems
3D Missions will be free to play infinetly
New Contact System that allows the user to select how long it takes to complete actions (with scaling rewards)
Minion System with rewards for playing consecutive days
New Goal system to revamp the tutorial and give direction for "what to do next" in the game

The cool thing about Spacetime Games is that we share tech across all games. So, for those that like Pocket Legends or Star Legends, you might see the Minion System or Goal System, for example, put to use in the future in those titles.

Also, if you're looking for "what is coming" to Pocket Legends or Star Legends, check out their Lead Designer introductions as well:

Pocket Legends Lead Designer intro - TechnoEmail http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58497-Techno-Email-Pocket-Legends-Lead-Designer-

Star Legends Lead Designer intro - Gibber
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58498-Meet-Gibber-Lead-Designer-for-Star-Legends

All of the above goodies in the bullet list above are waiting on a new client, which means a submission process to Apple. We haven't submitted yet to Apple, but that could happen soon (depending on how many issues crop up in pre-submission testing). So, to give a rough timeline, probably 3-4 weeks (or maybe a little sooner) to see these goodies in the live game. Of course, that could all change during the Apple submission process, so no guarantees.

Also - be sure to tune in tomorrow for the Live Hangout on Google+ with Cinco Barnes to talk about Dark Legends. It will be an awesome show and I'm sure there will be more details revealed about what is coming - details at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58466-Hangout-with-Cinco!-Post-your-questions-for-a-chance-to-join-the-live-Hangout!

Thanks for playing Dark Legends and for your support!

Thanks for the info Sam. For some reason I get a permissions error trying to go to the "Post your questions for a chance to join the live Hangout" link - sup?

Carapace
05-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Wow, thats an extensive list...lookin snazzy :p

Question: Changes coming to the map and energy systems..

so what do we need to do...will there be more energy that will exceed 25?
will there be a warning (so no banking to non-forum members)?
will we still be able to get free buffs?

Energy will not exceed 25, and will still be used for the "Contacts" system. 3D and PvP content will be free and not require energy, so as your energy refills from doing the missions, vampire district, and pvp you can send your contacts to do more things on the side for you.

Again the important part of the conteact system is the choice you guys get to make when you start a contact action. You can get sometign quick, or hold out for longer periods of time to yield the big rewards! It's up to you and your playstyle.

We also will not be gating campaign progression with a hard timer for actions. You will be free to carry on to the next campaign of content... but the minimum recommended level will increment campaign to campaign. Once this happens you can brave the tough environment or go back to earlier campaigns to level up more before proceeding.

You likely won't see many level 11's running around Marshwood for example ;)

Phoenixking
05-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Will you be able to turn the camera on the maps, will there be more mobs? :O

Carapace
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Will you be able to turn the camera on the maps, will there be more mobs? :O

I believe this is an option in the game menus already for locked camera. Unlocking it should allow free look.

ExperimentNebulaCore
05-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Omgaaahhhhh infinitely 3d

Handsofmyvodka
05-27-2012, 07:59 PM
wahooo! too bad im only level 12 :(

Kiwihawk
05-27-2012, 11:41 PM
U Guys Better Put Humania First

PL Is Waitting :D

Axelrod15
05-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Can't wait for both DL and PL!

ArtStar
05-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I can't wait to see how this turns out, it sounds awesome :star:

Techrenn
06-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Sweet free high lvl farming

YuNoEatBeaRs
06-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Can't wait :)

Flowman
06-11-2012, 06:38 PM
With this new client, what will happen to missions we have previously finished but have not collected the gold from? Right now I have a bunch of missions completed across about 5 campaigns but I haven't collected the gold/xp yet (was waiting for update). Will this new client erase that progress?

Xaphan Fox
06-11-2012, 07:31 PM
They said it will be lost. Should collect them.
I do not believe I am wrong

Woof

Deathpunch
06-11-2012, 07:46 PM
With this new client, what will happen to missions we have previously finished but have not collected the gold from? Right now I have a bunch of missions completed across about 5 campaigns but I haven't collected the gold/xp yet (was waiting for update). Will this new client erase that progress?

I hope not. I have every single mission for both of my toons ready to be collected when cap hits. If they do away with it and not allow me to collect I hope they give me my gold, at least. Xp I can write off as I wouldn't have gotten it anyway, so not that big of a deal there.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

YuNoEatBeaRs
06-12-2012, 02:56 AM

They said they're most likely to be lost, but NOT FOR SURE, they'll let us know ahead of the update so if they're to be lost we have time to collect, so hold on till they confirm.

P.s (i have all campaigns stacked too)

Lady_Pebbles
06-12-2012, 03:02 AM
I just hope they DO let us know ahead of time & won't forget about it. Would be a waste of energy and uncollected gold & exp. Smh.

Carapace
06-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I just hope they DO let us know ahead of time & won't forget about it. Would be a waste of energy and uncollected gold & exp. Smh.

This is correct. Come the launch of the expansion and the massive redesign to the game all previously uncollected actions and 3D missions will be lost. Don't miss out on that gold!

Lady_Pebbles
06-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks Carapace. :)

Deathpunch
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
This is correct. Come the launch of the expansion and the massive redesign to the game all previously uncollected actions and 3D missions will be lost. Don't miss out on that gold!

Boo. Still, I appreciate the heads up.

-----

octavos
06-15-2012, 01:49 PM
a slight update...might be Tuesday ppl :p
http://www.148apps.com/news/dark-legends-removes-energy-mechanic-response-fan-criticism/[/QUOTE]

Alolucard
06-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Im Not Sure About Losing Rewards For Not Collecting In Time. Purps and Vanity Drops Are Neat Though

thecrankybearsam
06-16-2012, 10:45 PM
When is this new level cap coming out? I hope it's not too soon because it took a little while for the game to actually release on Apple devices and others..

nz_tonyjin88
06-17-2012, 12:11 AM
When is this new level cap coming out? I hope it's not too soon because it took a little while for the game to actually release on Apple devices and others..

my god, im tired of seeing this kind of threads. I myself is a ios user, but have played dark legends through google chrome 2 weeks before ios release. I have been lvl 21 for 3 weeks now. It is ur fault if you started the game late. People who have started the game since day 1 of ios release should have hit 21 long by now. Dont expect everyone to be waiting for u to catch up cuz enough time has been given for most of ios users. Thats just how mmorpg rolls. If u spend less time on game, u gain less. Jeez.. this excuse has been goin on for too long.

heypeo
06-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Nz_Tony in this forum people can ask question's you have no right to down on them.

nz_tonyjin88
06-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Nz_Tony in this forum people can ask question's you have no right to down on them.

in this forum people can post what they think of other people's thread, u can think one but not two?

Shaocalur
06-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Heypeo is correct. Although you do have the right to post what you think on a thread, you don't have to be rude and insult someone else because they simply asked a question you've heard before. Try SL or PL, people have been asking about a cap raise for the past 6 months. It's just a game. Get over yourself NZ_Tony.

nz_tonyjin88
06-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Heypeo is correct. Although you do have the right to post what you think on a thread, you don't have to be rude and insult someone else because they simply asked a question you've heard before. Try SL or PL, people have been asking about a cap raise for the past 6 months. It's just a game. Get over yourself NZ_Tony.

Hold ur holses lolz. Get over myself? LOL. Where in my sentence did I possibly insult someone? Do you have a heart made of cotton candy? Did my opinion seem too harsh for u? xD Plz dont give me "its just a game get over youself" line when it doesnt suit the situation. FYI my thoughts are not new in this forum so Im in fact, repeating what others are saying just like heypeo. Got it Shaocalur?

Shaocalur
06-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Hold ur holses lolz. Get over myself? LOL. Where in my sentence did I possibly insult someone? Do you have a heart made of cotton candy? Did my opinion seem too harsh for u? xD Plz dont give me "its just a game get over youself" line when it doesnt suit the situation. FYI my thoughts are not new in this forum so Im in fact, repeating what others are saying just like heypeo. Got it Shaocalur?

Hilarious. I agree with you that it is quite annoying to hear people constantly complain about the arrival of the next cap raise. I was just stating that you didn't need to be such a jack. What you said in your first post could have been said in a more decent manner. If your that upset about a question go rage and kick a wall or something.

Deathpunch
06-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Thanks a lot, nz_tony. Now I want some cotton candy.

-----