PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff Coming to Star Legends

Samhayne
05-23-2012, 04:11 PM
If you haven't read the introduction of Gibber, the Lead Designer for new Star Legends content, check that out at:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58498-Meet-Gibber-Lead-Designer-for-Star-Legends

In that thread, Gibber outlines some of the new stuff coming to Dark Legends and I wanted to create a separate post to highlight that info:

Double XP weekend
Memorial Day classic sci-fi movie vanities - some drops, some in the Store
New Prometheus movie event, more details on that soon

The cool thing about Spacetime Games is that we share tech across all games. So, in the future, features (like the Achievement System that is currently in Dark Legends) could make its way to Star Legends.

Also, if you're looking for "what is coming" to Pocket Legends or Dark Legends, check out their Lead Designer introductions as well:

Pocket Legends Lead Designer intro - TechnoEmail http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58497-Techno-Email-Pocket-Legends-Lead-Designer-

Dark Legends Lead Designer intro - Carapace http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58508-Carapace-Dark-Legends-Lead

That is just the short term plan. We'll have more details about the Prometheus event and longer term Star Legends plans for you in the near future. Thanks for playing Star Legends and for your support!

Shaocalur
05-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Sweet. Any news on Scorn Act part II?

Staryknight
05-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Cool sounds like this weekend should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what sci fi vanities are being offered. Can you give us a hint on when we can expect the next expansion? Has work been started on it? Looks like DL will get their level capped raised before we do :(

Shaocalur
05-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Looks like DL will get their level capped raised before we do :(

Ikr? I noticed that too.

Growwle
05-23-2012, 04:37 PM
What Star Legends really needs to keep it interesting until the next expansion, is selectable difficulty levels for each dungeon (select before entering), with rewards that scale with the difficulty (see Diablo 3 for example). Also, an achievement system would work well with the scaleable difficulty.

Phoenixking
05-23-2012, 04:38 PM
I can't wait to learn more about Star Legends.
I also have a question. Since Star Legends has more levels now, the experience curve seems somewhat steep/high In my opinion. Will that be fixed when more levels are introduced? :o

octavos
05-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Sweet. Any news on Scorn Act part II?

Im waiting like a Hawk O.O dont worry if I find some you will all know :p

Snakespeare
05-23-2012, 04:56 PM
I am sorry but it looks to me like bad news. SL should have Scorn II and Scorn III in the works. It's been talked about for months. But we had to wait until DL was released and now I suppose we have to wait till Humania is released. We need something more than tie-ins and vanities (but I like those too). We need something that will make people come back and play.

octavos
05-23-2012, 04:59 PM
I am sorry but it looks to me like bad news. SL should have Scorn II and Scorn III in the works.

I agree snake, But looks like DL is getting the update before SL. but you know when SL gets an update...the game is really packed.. like B* full of red ants running around.

Shaocalur
05-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Im waiting like a Hawk O.O dont worry if I find some you will all know :p
Yay! Will pie be involved?

octavos
05-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Yay! Will pie be involved?
I hope so...reaping with Veteran Rewards that were also said.

Shaocalur
05-23-2012, 05:04 PM
I hope so...reaping with Veteran Rewards that were also said.

Oh yeah, those were promised. Hmm I can see them now. *Salutes soldiers* Wait we are talking about US vets right?

Staryknight
05-23-2012, 05:05 PM
I am sorry but it looks to me like bad news. SL should have Scorn II and Scorn III in the works. It's been talked about for months. But we had to wait until DL was released and now I suppose we have to wait till Humania is released. We need something more than tie-ins and vanities (but I like those too). We need something that will make people come back and play.

I agree entirely, we need some playable content but let's not be too quick to judge. Some of the memorial day vanities will be lootable, this will bring back some farmers. I also think the tie in content is supposed to have some game play aspects. Past experience doesn't leave me with high hopes for promotional tie in content but let's wait and see. Maybe we are in for a pleasant surprise.

Snakespeare
05-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah... All true... We will know soon enough, like... Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

tearacan
05-24-2012, 01:09 AM
I agree entirely, we need some playable content but let's not be too quick to judge.
Too quick? Are you joking? Its nearly half a year since an update. The first people who capped i n days are long gone. There are only a hand
full of players who played before previous update. Not even starting on guilds who are loosing their people/organisation, officers leaving...
Even now a new legend-game is announced for this fall, is sl even getting updated?

Zaltiar
05-24-2012, 01:30 AM
He said too quick to judge.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

flashbackflip
05-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Thanx for hearing our voice, Sam!

I hope you will work closely with Gibber and thus we will communicate more or less regularly!!

Staryknight
05-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Too quick? Are you joking? Its nearly half a year since an update. The first people who capped i n days are long gone. There are only a hand
full of players who played before previous update. Not even starting on guilds who are loosing their people/organisation, officers leaving...
Even now a new legend-game is announced for this fall, is sl even getting updated?

He said too quick to judge.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Yes I meant too quick to judge that this was bad news. It is not at all too quick for an update. I can't believe it's been this long since a proper update, and I think it's rather unfair to announce a new game and expansions for DL/PL while SL just gets promotional content :/ I would like to feel that my money is being spent on developing content for the gamers not other companies. Sounds like PL may even get achievements before us :(. But that being said at least the update will be something. I'm hoping this will be the start of a steady flow of content updates now that SL has its own dedicated team. At least they listened to feedback and this weekends holiday will bring more than plat vanites. All I'm saying is let's give them another chance (but just one more). We're going to need some update news in the very near future.

Taipan
05-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Can't wait,
Thanks STS!

Xxsabre
07-09-2012, 04:29 AM
Ikr

Cero
07-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Oh. Thoughts its a new new stuff coming:/

Seiyen
07-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Lol sam should rename this thread to 'Old stuff coming to Star Legends!'

-Raghav

Jblazer
07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Lol sam should rename this thread to 'Old stuff coming to Star Legends!'

-Raghav
Lol...

Kain Legacy
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
It new to sl but not sts... So it is new in a way.

*Zero*
07-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Guys from what we have heard the new update is the new lvl cap with a special 7 day event. Its gonna have new features thats like the new PL. So hit it up and get used to it will be here soon.

Seiyen
07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
New lvl capp!!???? R u sure? coz its impossible for now....

-Raghav

Taresafoo
07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
*patiently collects dust while waiting

akfury
07-10-2012, 02:52 PM
if its a new level cap that would be awesome but if we get no exp in the egg event that will suck

Cero
07-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Guys from what we have heard the new update is the new lvl cap with a special 7 day event. Its gonna have new features thats like the new PL. So hit it up and get used to it will be here soon.

Its not. Coz the only new topic they release is "infested deck update".

Worship
07-10-2012, 04:45 PM
So lemme get this straight;
Update coming soon= Yes
Level Cap being raised= Yes
Special event coming= Yes
Experienced will be earned= No
?

Jblazer
07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
So lemme get this straight;
Update coming soon= Yes
Level Cap being raised= Yes
Special event coming= Yes
Experienced will be earned= No
?
The event of course probally doesn't get you xp,it might when you turn it in.

Seiyen
07-11-2012, 12:12 AM
The event will give u xp,its just like winter event,so every1 will get xp n kills:beer:

-Raghav

Worship
07-11-2012, 12:56 AM
When will this be?

Zraorizer
07-11-2012, 10:45 AM
On my calcutalions
The earliest: This week
Maybe next week for a reason

Cephei
07-11-2012, 10:53 AM
So when we get exp, do the kills count to ur total killcount?

*Zero*
07-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Its not. Coz the only new topic they release is "infested deck update".
I guess we'll see.

Worship
07-11-2012, 01:10 PM
On my calcutalions
The earliest: This week
Maybe next week for a reason
ok awesome. thank you for the help :D

enifreboz
07-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Is humania spacetime studio's one more game

HunterSLAYER
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Is humania spacetime studio's one more game

Humania is the newest expansion for Spacetime studios' first game pocket legends.

The expansion is recommended for Lvs 66-71 though a lv 1 can just buy the all access elixir to power lv there.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Mitchturbo
07-11-2012, 04:08 PM
So when we get exp, do the kills count to ur total killcount?

Yes. Only when you still get xp will your kill count go up. Unless your at lvl cap which will only count kills if your on the last campaign (volaria for The time being)
Or with the help of the gain xp anywhere elixer. Can't remember what its called lol. But it costs 5 plat for 5mins.

Aracnus
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Ok, if the Infested Deck happens at the same time as the update, STS is basically saying that they don't want us to get the Pulse Rifles. Everyone would rather cap, instead of smashing eggs. They'll buy the flamethrower and then be done with it. On the other hand, all the people with huge amounts of plat can just cap that day, and smash eggs after. But overall, i'm gonna say if the 2 updates combine, it would be absolute Havoc in SL.

Seiyen
07-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Ok, if the Infested Deck happens at the same time as the update, STS is basically saying that they don't want us to get the Pulse Rifles. Everyone would rather cap, instead of smashing eggs. They'll buy the flamethrower and then be done with it. On the other hand, all the people with huge amounts of plat can just cap that day, and smash eggs after. But overall, i'm gonna say if the 2 updates combine, it would be absolute Havoc in SL.

Chill dude, lvl cap update is not even close.....

-Raghav

Flowman
07-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Chill dude, lvl cap update is not even close.....

-Raghav

They've already said the lvl cap is waiting for approval in the app store...

Seiyen
07-12-2012, 04:32 AM
They've already said the lvl cap is waiting for approval in the app store...

Can u quote it? Coz according to me only infested deck event is waitin for approval

-Raghav

Kain Legacy
07-12-2012, 06:58 AM
The new client is waiting for approval

Staryknight
07-12-2012, 07:20 AM
New client does not mean cap update. Sure it would be an awesome surprise but no dev has said anything about it. Unless someone has a screen shot to prove me wrong? Also before every other update they have teased with some screen shots and gave everyone a warning that if they want to cap they need to do it now. So let's stop getting excited about a cap raise that isn't coming any time soon.

Aracnus
07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm not getting excited about a cap update, i just heard that they Could be released at the same time which would only bring Havoc. I like the no update though, it gives me time to cap my 2nd char.

*Zero*
07-12-2012, 09:26 AM
New client does not mean cap update. Sure it would be an awesome surprise but no dev has said anything about it. Unless someone has a screen shot to prove me wrong? Also before every other update they have teased with some screen shots and gave everyone a warning that if they want to cap they need to do it now. So let's stop getting excited about a cap raise that isn't coming any time soon.
They have warned you. You've had 6 months to cap if you haven't nobody's fault but your own.

Aracnus
07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Ik it is, i was gone for part of that time, so i had to cap my engi quick, then i took off time to Merch. Now i have to cap it, and that won't take too long

Staryknight
07-12-2012, 10:42 AM
They have warned you. You've had 6 months to cap if you haven't nobody's fault but your own.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't raise the cap. I've had two capped characters for months and have no plans to cap my com. SL is dead and needed new content about two months ago. That being said I do not think we will see a cap raise in this update. Just because the community wants it doesn't mean it will happen. I haven't seen the devs say anything about it and I don't think they would stay quiet about it. So while I won't be expecting new content anytime soon, I don't know anything for and I will be very happy if I'm proven wrong.