PDA

View Full Version : PL for Android - With a difference

patriotspyke
08-18-2010, 05:50 AM
I saw a copy of an email today from spacetimestudios to Mr x... it said they have a working version but were having issues with integration with the app store. 2 questions / comments

Surely it must go onto the android market place as it would have nothing to do with the apple app store?

Is the email correct and you do have a full working version ready to go just the only issue is putting it onto the market?? I understand it should be very easy to put your apps on the android store!

I would be quick to jump onto the android market if I were you, this is data from the latest mobile sales:

10.6 million phones running the Android OS shipped during the last quarter, , compared to 8.74 million iOS phones (I-Phone)

Android has passed iphone by a large margin and will no doubt continue to as its still early days for high end android phones and we are getting better with 2.2!

Really hope this gets released soon as it will sell like hot cakes! can anyone from the Dev team do an official anouncement saying how far along you are, when you hope to release etc.

Being an ex wow player this is awaited so much!!

cheers

GaZz
08-18-2010, 06:15 AM
As I've said on a previous thread, I suspect the Android issues are relating to in-app purchases. Which is after all, the moneymaker for this game.

vulgarstrike
08-18-2010, 06:48 AM
more apps are downloaded from iPhones than androids, additionally, don't forget the bulk of apple's sales: iPod touches and ipads make up a large chunk of PL players.

Royce
08-18-2010, 07:07 AM
As I've said on a previous thread, I suspect the Android issues are relating to in-app purchases. Which is after all, the moneymaker for this game.

Yup, they said this was the problem, how to get platinum purchases to work on android.

patriotspyke
08-18-2010, 07:50 AM
fair enough from the email I saw it said the app store and no mention of how to make in game purchases! really hope they sort this soon as it would be a great launch for the droid. Yes I know the addition of the touch and the ipad add to the number of apple sales for this game but android is getting huge and sales are going crazy. I know some in the uk are waiting up to 4 months for a droid as most handsets have sold out. This is good news as it shows how good android has become and can only get better from here. Also the droid is lacking games with any depth, this would be a killer launch! plus its the only really mmo title anyway! its ashame they have the game working but small detail of payments stopping it coming out!

vulgarstrike
08-18-2010, 08:50 AM
yeah a shame.

patriotspyke
08-18-2010, 08:58 AM
its a shame they cannot at least give a heads up to estimated release date and just a bit of info on how far the build is! problem is they have given a shot of it working on a droid with no other information!

vulgarstrike
08-18-2010, 09:18 AM
last projection failed epicly. don't expect due dates anymore, ever.