PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Vanities for Super Rare Titles??!!!

DeathFrost
05-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Just want to suggest to STS that we should get a particular vanity for a certain Title we got.. Since no one have gotten this title yet so may I suggest the following:

1. Ruler of the Damned= Crown
2. Overlord = Cape
3. Death Incarnate = Death Scythe

The above mentioned titles are so hard to get..we should get vanities as a reward for hard work..right?

Nassar
05-23-2012, 08:52 PM
The titles are the rewards themselves.

HunterSLAYER
05-24-2012, 12:23 AM
I agree with Nassar there.

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Sryyoulose
05-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Yup, having this would encourage some platinum buying but it would hurt there vanity business.

Illuminate
05-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Yup, having this would encourage some platinum buying but it would hurt their vanity business.

Incorrect grammar my friend, incorrect grammar.

xChilla
05-25-2012, 06:32 PM

True, but why want less when you could have more?

I think having exclusive vanities would be a great idea!!! Even though I'm trying to get as many achievements and titles as possible, there are no titles that I actually want to use. I only want them to get the achievement done.. I'd rather just use my guild title or none at all, even if the title was rare. For me the achievements are just goals to keep me going.

If we earned cool vanities though I'd be so much more motivated. Items are better than words.

I really like the crown and cape idea. I'm not sure how the scythe would work though since we have weapons.

DeathFrost
05-30-2012, 11:38 AM

LOL Nassar.. Try and get the following TITLE's that i have mentioned..Let see if it would satisfy u if u get nothin more out of it than WORDS..:devilish::devilish::devilish:

Floating
05-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I would like to have such titles, like lvl 56 helm and stuff, but it is not possible because we already have the tiles and it would be like forcing people to do the acheivements...
(and i am sure devs would make the best looking items for vanities achievement :P because we need to waste plat to get all gear)

starfletcher
05-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I suggest both getting vanity as a reward and buying it would be a good idea or else its best for STS to stick with what they are already doing you can earn vanity anyway like in the Easter quest in PL it may move upto Dark Legends

Kaytar
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
The only title that I think should get a vanity reward is "Primal Undertaker", which you obtain for getting max level.

ArtStar
05-30-2012, 02:42 PM
The only title I wanna wear is Sparkling Pwnies or AoC llol, the achieved titles mean nothing to some of us.

The only title that I think should get a vanity reward is "Primal Undertaker", which you obtain for getting max level.

yup.

Sryyoulose
05-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Incorrect grammar my friend, incorrect grammar.

There their and they're always give me problems.

Nassar
05-30-2012, 03:48 PM
LOL Nassar.. Try and get the following TITLE's that i have mentioned..Let see if it would satisfy u if u get nothin more out of it than WORDS..:devilish::devilish::devilish:

I have no interest in getting titles. Back when the 1k kills one was still rare, I displayed it.
But nowadays, I'd rather rep my guild than show off in a virtual pissing contest.

They're like Xbox LIVE achievements. So if I reach them, it will have been because I'd've been playing at my own pace - not because I'm playing to show others how long I've been playing.

So yes, I'd be satisfied. ;-)

DeathFrost
05-30-2012, 09:01 PM
I have no interest in getting titles. Back when the 1k kills one was still rare, I displayed it.
But nowadays, I'd rather rep my guild than show off in a virtual pissing contest.

They're like Xbox LIVE achievements. So if I reach them, it will have been because I'd've been playing at my own pace - not because I'm playing to show others how long I've been playing.

So yes, I'd be satisfied. ;-)

Ur not interested in titles so u can't possibly know how hard it is to get the above mentioned. Therefore saying that the "TITLE IS A REWARD THEMSELVES"---dude u got no idea. It's like winning triathlon and get a lousy hand shake for it LOL.

YuNoEatBeaRs
05-31-2012, 12:48 AM
I think that's a pretty nice idea, As lvl doesn't really show how far you've progressed in game or how much time and effort you've put in it (as it's capped), nor does any visual equipment, and as someone suggested that rewarding with a vanity might hurt their vanity business (besides it's too much of an attraction so i think most ppl would work to get it and before the week is through u would find the whole community wearing them :P), so i suggest;

Why not give players with rare achievements different colors for their names, same as equips, scaling with how many rare achievements they got (not necessarily the same colors as equips, could be like bronze, silver, gold... etc), And maybe also a small icon in addition to the guild one (under it next to the title) also scaling the same way.

Just throwing some thoughts.

Akaee
05-31-2012, 08:31 AM
I think its à good idea. It shows the achievement and u can still use the clanname.

OvigorothO
05-31-2012, 08:56 AM
That would unleash more complaints of disadvantages of those players that dont buy platinum as, if i recall correctly, some achievments require the use of platinum.

Nassar
05-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Ur not interested in titles so u can't possibly know how hard it is to get the above mentioned. Therefore saying that the "TITLE IS A REWARD THEMSELVES"---dude u got no idea. It's like winning triathlon and get a lousy hand shake for it LOL.

You asked me a question. I gave you an answer you didn't like so you now dismiss my responses entirely.
I know how trying it is to gain those titles. Anyone who reads the achievements section of the lair knows.
I simply don't care about titles.
As for the triathlon metaphor - you realize (most) people do those to prove to themselves what they are capable of and/or for charity, right? Not to show off to others?
Very poor metaphor to use to bolster your argument. ;-)
If you're doing something for others and not yourself, there's a good chance you're not doing it for the right or best of reasons.

Carapace
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
While there are currently no plans to retro-fit the achievements that already exist with items along with the rewards, new titles for new achievements may begin to have item rewards as well. The intention for these however is to make them something that can be achieved without the need for platinum so that all players get a chance to acquire said items.

There may be special cases later but for now this is the idea we have in mind moving forward with item rewards associated with achievements.

Flowman
06-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Hardly a reward when people are in guilds. Since the only real benefit of guilds right now is the ability to talk privately with select people and wear a title showing your guild...most people will wear that title.