PDA

View Full Version : My PL Player's Guide

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Here is my guide to all of Pocket Legends.

1.Making your character.
Ok, making your character is the first part of your Pocket Legends experience. To make your charcter, click the "create new character". You can name, choose your character type, change skin, or change armor color. After that it asks if you want to buy a premium characte for 30 platinum(type of money you can buy to get extra things in the game), you can choose this option if you have the platinum, if you do not and want to later, it will be 45 platinum until level 5.

2.Leveling up.
Next is my guide to leveling up:
As you kill Enemies and Bosses you gain experience (or xp). When you have enough xp you go up a level. When you gain a level you get 5 more attribute points to spend on Str, Dex or Int and one skill point. When you gain levels, you won’t be able to gain xp in lower dungeons. You will know this by a “!” on the corner of your screen. If it happens, you need to get higher dungeons and fight there for xp to level up.Use elixirs which you also buy with platinum, do quests by clicking the people with a gold "!' above them.

1.Forest Haven 1-10
2.Dark Forest 10-15
3.Balefort Castle 15-20
4.Fathom Crypts 20-25
5.Lost Expedition 25-30
6.Ancient Swamps 30-35
7.Alien Oasis 1 35-40
8.Alien Oasis 2 40-45
9.Alien Oasis 3 45-50
10.Balefort Sewers 50-55
11.Nuri's Hallows 55-60
12.Mount Fang 60-65

3.Twinking.
If you have a high level (50-66), then it would be safe to twink, which is pvping with the best gear at that level and just staying that level, while getting the best kills that you can. To twink a level 10-17, i would save about 1-1.5 million gold if you want the best gear you can get. I will post the best Level 17 build that i know of below.

Almightyman Level 17
Skill: 6 Rage 6 Iron Blood 3 Stomp 1 Super Mega Slash
Talent Points: All Dexterity
Armor: Level 15 Artisan's Leather, 4-pack Archer (35 platinum) helm, pink Level 17 Jewel Theif's Talon, Level 10 8 Damage ring (10 platinum)

I hope this guide helped all of you new players or the players that didn't know much about any of this, please no discrimination guys, took me an hour of my day to make this :D

Mothwing
05-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Here is my guide to all of Pocket Legends.

1.Making your character.
Ok, making your character is the first part of your Pocket Legends experience. To make your charcter, click the "create new character". You can name, choose your character type, change skin, or change armor color. After that it asks if you want to buy a premium characte for 30 platinum(type of money you can buy to get extra things in the game), you can choose this option if you have the platinum, if you do not and want to later, it will be 45 platinum until level 5.

2.Leveling up.
Next is my guide to leveling up:
As you kill Enemies and Bosses you gain experience (or xp). When you have enough xp you go up a level. When you gain a level you get 5 more attribute points to spend on Str, Dex or Int and one skill point. When you gain levels, you won’t be able to gain xp in lower dungeons. You will know this by a “!” on the corner of your screen. If it happens, you need to get higher dungeons and fight there for xp to level up.Use elixirs which you also buy with platinum, do quests by clicking the people with a gold "!' above them.

1.Forest Haven 1-10
2.Dark Forest 10-15
3.Balefort Castle 15-20
4.Fathom Crypts 20-25
5.Lost Expedition 25-30
6.Ancient Swamps 30-35
7.Alien Oasis 1 35-40
8.Alien Oasis 2 40-45
9.Alien Oasis 3 45-50
10.Balefort Sewers 50-55
11.Nuri's Hallows 55 60
12.Mount Fang 60-65

3.Twinking.
If you have a high level (50-66), then it would be safe to twink, which is pvping with the best gear at that level and just staying that level, while getting the best kills that you can. To twink a level 10-17, i would save about 1-1.5 million gold if you want the best gear you can get. I will post the best Level 17 build that i know of below.

Almightyman Level 17
Skill: 6 Rage 6 Iron Blood 4 Stomp 1 Super Mega Slash
Talent Points: All Dexterity
Armor: Level 15 Artisan's Leather, 4-pack Archer (35 platinum) helm, pink Level 17 Jewel Theif's Talon, Level 10 8 Damage ring (10 platinum)

I hope this guide helped all of you new players or the players that didn;t know much about any of this, please no discrimination guys, took me an hour of my day to make this :D

Click thanks if you like the guide.

Let's just say the stuff in bright blue is the stuff I have a problem with.

Swampy
05-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Thank you PL player guide number 287.

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Let's just say the stuff in bright blue is the stuff I have a problem with.

Happy? :P

Mothwing
05-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Happy? :P

Missed the 3 paragraphs that are completely obvious to new players.

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Missed the 3 paragraphs that are completely obvious to new players.

-.- Did you not see that i said no discrimination? I don't really understand why people come on to the forums to post things like you just said, it's pointless bruh.. just don't do it. That is quite simple, i hope.

Phoenixking
05-23-2012, 09:09 PM
-.- Did you not see that i said no discrimination? I don't really understand why people come on to the forums to post things like you just said, it's pointless bruh.. just don't do it. That is quite simple, i hope.
Your guide has potential if you went full detail, I'm building a thread in a document account to make full of the info I want, it might take me a week of my life till I actually post the thread. You should try that. Gather information on one spot then post it on the forums, it's rather effective and you know you can go into full detail, just saying.

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:10 PM
I can see that you put some work into this guide. Thus I am reluctant to say this, however I feel it proves necisary. There are guides for all of these topics mentioned above and are even more in depth. This guide states obvious points and goes into absolutely no detail. Do you know more? Or just didn't put it in? Anyways this feels weak to me all fluff no substance I'm sorry being as it seems you put the effort in. :/

Sincerely,
Mr. Annoying Rebuking Man.
(Know the feeling)

Swampy
05-23-2012, 09:11 PM
A. How were the posts discriminatory?
B. This guide was kinda pointless so ya can't really bash mothwing's "pointless" posts.

Mothwing
05-23-2012, 09:11 PM

Pointless is posting a thread about stuff the tutorial explains. Making your character? Um, I won't go there. Leveling up? First part of the tutorial. Campaign level limits? Found under each campaign name. Twinking? Hardly something newbies would be interested in. Asking for rep at the end? Please.

Elyseon
05-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Just because you have a few spare minutes doesnt mean you need to make a thanks-begging-thread

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:15 PM
I can see that you put some work into this guide. Thus I am reluctant to say this, however I feel it proves necisary. There are guides for all of these topics mentioned above and are even more in depth. This guide states obvious points and goes into absolutely no detail. Do you know more? Or just didn't put it in? Anyways this feels weak to me all fluff no substance I'm sorry being as it seems you put the effort in. :/

Sincerely,
Mr. Annoying Rebuking Man.
(Know the feeling)

I am sorry that i didn't go into depth in this, i shouldve told you that i was going to modify it, which i am, to add detail. i just didn't have time right now to do it. Hate when that happens :/

Will add detail soon to this guide, freshen it. Know what i'm sayin? :D

Mothwing
05-23-2012, 09:16 PM
I am sorry that i didn't go into depth in this, i shouldve told you that i was going to modify it, which i am, to add detail. i just didn't have time right now to do it. Hate when that happens :/

Will add detail soon to this guide, freshen it. Know what i'm sayin? :D

I don't think adding detail will do anything. These are dead topics, PL 101 that shouldn't have to be repeated.

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:18 PM
You want to link a couple in depth guides in and possibly use spoilers to condense the writing.

See Nicks and/or chickenrunnns all lvl build threads.
(I have an in depth lvling guide somewhere)
So look around:$

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:20 PM
LMAO, i'm so glad you guys are raging on MY thread, is it any of your business what i post? Lol i dont think it is, so just stop judging what i'm putting. Pfft..

Mothwing
05-23-2012, 09:20 PM
You want to link a couple in depth guides in and possibly use spoilers to condense the writing.

A better reference would be Physiologic, Ellyidol, or Yanis.

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:21 PM

Thanks for the help, sryy. Glad you are being nice lol

Swampy
LMAO, i'm so glad you guys are raging on MY thread, is it any of your business what i post? Lol i dont think it is, so just stop judging what i'm putting. Pfft..
If you don't want rage don't post in the first place. Don't hate on the hating haters because they will continue to hate.

Mothwing

Sorry, but it is our business, and i'm not raging, just really over all these guides that are "helping" people. The topics are run dry guys, nothing else to talk about.

And don't say it isn't our business. You posted a public thread. Expect criticism.

This:

If you don't want rage don't post in the first place

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Those are broken up and not directly relevant. Also a day ago I would've asked for this to be closed however now I'm trying to help them improve there guide writing skills to make future guides better!

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:22 PM

Ok this may be a noob question, but what are spoilers?

Swampy
05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Those are broken up and not directly relevant. Also a day ago I would've asked for this to be closed however now I'm trying to help them improve there guide writing skills to make future guides better!
Future guides on what??? What else really needs to be explained in PL?

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
If you don't want rage don't post in the first place. Don't hate on the hating haters because they will continue to hate.

Hmmm i guess thats right, EVERYONE CAN DISCRIMINATE/CRITICIZE IF YOU WANT!!! CRITICISM IS OPEN TO ALL FORUMERS! :D

Swampy
05-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Seriouzly how is this discrimination? OH WAIT. It isn't. Criticism builds character.

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:26 PM
This:
It's in advance editing. Highlight one group of words (aka paragraph) click bottom right button in menu. Select title wala!

Mothwing
05-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Hmmm i guess thats right, EVERYONE CAN DISCRIMINATE/CRITICIZE IF YOU WANT!!! CRITICISM IS OPEN TO ALL FORUMERS! :D

If this is sarcasm, yeah it kind of is. I don't think the TOA says we can't help make the forums cleaner/help build threads. In fact, isn't that our purpose? O.O

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:28 PM
People like this shouldn't be writing guides in the first place. Let's leave it to Physiologic, Ellyidol, Yanis, etc.

So your saying we aren't allowed to write guides? To improve are skill? To share our knowledge? I don't think my guides were THAT bad that somebody else should've wrote them.

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:28 PM
If this is sarcasm, yeah it kind of is. I don't think the TOA says we can't help make the forums cleaner/help build threads. In fact, isn't that our purpose? O.O

Dont you mean TOS??

Phoenixking
05-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Seriouzly how is this discrimination? OH WAIT. It isn't. Criticism builds character.
Unless its harsh criticism. Just saying (=.= )
And, there are some things that can be used for guides and. There is no more yanis. Sadly. If you look hard enough there are some things that can be used as a guide. Just saying.

Sorry I want to try this out

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I used to be mad at the people writing these pointless guides. Now I'm mad at the people who look down on them and think they are somehow superior to everyone. Hey he took the chance? However is he going to learn? By putting him down? Tell him he's a failure? No! By helping him, hey moth of your so well informed help him out.

Swampy
05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes, some things can be used for guides but repeating information isn't helping anyone. It isn't harming anyone, but these threads always start flaming and such.

Phoenixking
05-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes, some things can be used for guides but repeating information isn't helping anyone. It isn't harming anyone, but these threads always start flaming and such.
'cause people who look down on it thinking they are doing good flame it.

I used to be mad at the people writing these pointless guides. Now I'm mad at the people who look down on them and think they are somehow superior to everyone. Hey he took the chance? However is he going to learn? By putting him down? Tell him he's a failure? No! By helping him, hey moth of your so well informed help him out.
I think the same way.

PL_Keaton96
Apparently Swampy, lol everyone on this thread got mad at one time, wow. Moth is just a forumer that has a mouth bigger than his body, sad. Usually the person on the other side of the computer screen that is talking big is little guy lmao..

Mothwing

I am helping him, by telling him to avoid these topics. If you guys want to help out so much, find an interesting topic the community is excited to read about, not PL kindergarten that can be found a few clicks away from the main interface.

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:36 PM
'cause people who look down on it thinking they are doing good flame it.

I think the same way.

I like you ways of thinking :)

Sryyoulose
That's who I'm upset at flames! Constructive critism YAY! Flamers BOOOO! I started my guide writing through posts! (In pvp) I quickly learned what people find clear and simple yet remain an open view. It's impossible to ey all that through pure observation!

Mothwing
Apparently Swampy, lol everyone on this thread got mad at one time, wow. Moth is just a forumer that has a mouth bigger than his body, sad. Usually the person on the other side of the computer screen that is talking big is little guy lmao..

Bullying me by teasing about my size isn't a great way to win arguments, especially when you have no clue what i look like.

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:37 PM
I am helping him, by telling him to avoid these topics. If you guys want to help out so much, find an interesting topic the community is excited to read about, not PL kindergarten that can be found a few clicks away from the main interface.

It isn't helpful when you tell him it's useless. That's useless FYI. This is helpful: There are many guides on this topic already! How about writing one about: Crafting (Example)

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Bullying me by teasing about my size isn't a great way to win arguments, especially when you have no clue what i look like.
Funny I'm short :)
However! Wait nvrm still working on my 6 pack.

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:40 PM

Who says i'm teasing? for all you know, i do know what you look like. Don't be so sure... I could be watching you through your window. Don't be scared ;)

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:41 PM
It isn't helpful when you tell him it's useless. That's useless FYI. This is helpful: There are many guides on this topic already! How about writing one about: Crafting (Example)

Crafting... smh, boring topic lol. Ok i admit i know nothing about it, other than buying mats or farming mats to make the recipe you want to make and going to the blacksmith in forest haven to do it.

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Just because you have a few spare minutes doesnt mean you need to make a thanks-begging-thread

Didn't see this post however, everyone take a look Elyseon is wise beyond his years!

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Will someone give me a guide of how to block Mothwing? Idk how lol

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Crafting... smh, boring topic lol. Ok i admit i know nothing about it, other than buying mats or farming mats to make the recipe you want to make and going to the blacksmith in forest haven to do it.

Simply put, you are young to PL, I'm assuming less then 9 months old. Maybe save the guide writing until you've THUROUGHLY researched the subject

Phoenixking
05-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah, in fact i listed every single forge in the game. I think i know the difference between a helpful guide and a not helpful guide.
You don't know the difference between critisizing in a good way from flaming.

PL_Keaton96
Didn't see this post however, everyone take a look Elyseon is wise beyond his years!

That is not what my thread was, infact it was to help those who had no idea about the game, although i wasn't through with it, and am too lazy to work on it right now.. I will work on it tomorrow maybe. I wasn't meaning to "beg for a thanks" only asking for one if they like th thread. I'm sorry if this thread is how it came to you as. My apologies

Elyseon

Wisdom is my middle name, along with egotistical

Ill have to admit it was a step up from sheer plagiarism, an unnecessary step,
Like one on a staircase when he needed an elevator...or maybe a rocket

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Simply put, you are young to PL, I'm assuming less then 9 months old. Maybe save the guide writing until you've THUROUGHLY researched the subject

About a year and a half actually, i was once playing on another account, got to 41 ( while i already had this one that i play right now with a level 50 and 3 twinks) and after that, i went inactive from this game for 6 months, i'd say.

Phoenixking
05-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Will someone give me a guide of how to block Mothwing? Idk how lol
Community, Contacts, my account, edit ignore list, enter name.

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Community, Contacts, my account, edit ignore list, enter name.

Thanks bro.

Swampy
05-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Short and simple...YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE!!!! The end yay! Encouragement and happiness and the power of friendship yayayay!

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 09:57 PM
About a year and a half actually, i was once playing on another account, got to 41 ( while i already had this one that i play right now with a level 50 and 3 twinks) and after that, i went inactive from this game for 6 months, i'd say.

If you've played that long then i don't know how your survived without knowing what crafting is.

Phoenixking
05-23-2012, 09:59 PM
If you've played that long then i don't know how your survived without knowing what crafting is.
I didn't know what crafting really was till the sewers day ended... I played since 8-2-10 by the way

PL_Keaton96
05-23-2012, 10:01 PM

I do know what crafting is, its quite simple.. i was just saying i couldn't figure up enough words on crafting to make a 100-250 word thread on it.

Sryyoulose
05-23-2012, 10:04 PM
I do know what crafting is, its quite simple.. i was just saying i couldn't figure up enough words on crafting to make a 100-250 word thread on it.

Hmmm? Ok sure, I'm pretty sure I could make a really REALLY long thread it's just that crafting is very complicated if you go in depth!

Swampy
05-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Crafting is more expensive than just buying lol

Appleisaac
05-24-2012, 06:05 AM
The game actually already lists those "level reccomendations" under each map, so they really don't need to be there... Besides, it's supposed to be:

FH: 1-8
DF: 8-13
BC: 13-18
FC:18-23
LE: 23-28
AS: 28-32
AO: 32-48
BS: 48-52
NH: 52-57
MF: 57-66
Im pretty sure that's how it goes...

dudetus
05-24-2012, 07:10 AM
So your saying we aren't allowed to write guides? To improve are skill? To share our knowledge? I don't think my guides were THAT bad that somebody else should've wrote them.

Being capable of doing something doesn't mean u should do it.

This guide serves basically no use. There are lots of 'PL general guides' and this is sort of mediocre guide amongst that mass. It doesn't offer ANYTHING new besides the already existing ones. This is plain and simple but all that plain and simple stuff has been written numerous times.

U use as an argument that this guide is to the ones who have no clue what PL is. Mind telling me how many guys u know who hang out in the game forums before actually playing the game?

No use writing Starter guides to the forums. Starter guide is already being implemented in the game as a form of tutorial and forum guides are meant to hone ur skills further.

Walkhardd
05-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Guides ftw!

Ps. The nice sry sucks.

Delphina
05-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm closing this thread for the following reason:

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

This is a non-constructive guide.