PDA

View Full Version : Pinks for Plats

Villania
05-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Just an idea that popped into my head all of two minutes ago. So is it well thought out? No, probably not. But, that's what this thread is for. So let's discuss!

What if we could trade pink lootable items for plat? This would help bring the auction prices back up to normal, give those without the means to buy Plat a means to earn it other than waiting for new tap joy offers.

Good idea? Or bad idea? How many plat could an item be traded for? 1 pink = 1 plat or 1 pink = 5 plat? Etc...

If its a bad idea... Explain why.

What other pros and cons are there that I left out?

Ciao! Time for sleep :)

HunterSLAYER
05-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Its a bad idea as profits from Tapjoy/w3i offers are not much and some people(especially those in the USA or Vpn users) earn lots of plat just by doing the offers.

If pinks could be traded for plat items, sts might as well stop selling plat items in the. Store as they probably won't profit from selling them since people could just acquire them by trading pinks.

Just my opinion though.
Peace out :D

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Villania
05-24-2012, 10:02 AM
With the gamble to get the item you want by spending 15-50 plat. And an rough average of five tries to succeed. That would be 75-250 pinks exchanged at a trade of one plat per pink traded. I don't know about your pink farming luck. But I get roughly one pink per hour. That's alot of time spent Farming. My idea was more as a way to get the extra few plat you need to buy a package. Say you have 11 plat and need four more...

Could even limit the number of trades per day/week if you think it would be abused.

Discuss!

Rare
05-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Great idea for us... terrible idea for STS.

Malerian
05-24-2012, 11:29 AM
There's no way for it to be implemented, since, as Hunter said, sts wouldn't make nearly as much profit out of plat sales, or they would have to make dl even an even more pay-to-win game to make up for that, which would probably cause most non-heavy plat buyers to quit.

Although, I must add that offers, at least on iOS, don't work yet. My guess would be that Villania is in that case (that or is unable/unwilling to buy plats), and wants to earn those few plats needed to buy low-priced plat items/packs.

trixie
05-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I like the idea, but not for lootable items. I would like to see it implemented for plat items. With the new potluck chances for plat items I think it would be great to be able to trade back the items you don't want for at least a portion of the plat spent.

I think this would increase customer satisfaction and would be a win-win. Players would be more willing to drop plat on a gamble if they know that they are least able to get a portion of their money back if they get something they don't want or already have.

It could be modified to suit sts so that instead of giving plat back you could trade x number of plat items in for what you want to purchase. For example if a player wants to purchase an electrified heads man pack then they would need to trade in 6 plat items or something like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Villania
05-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I've spent about $65 on plat thus far. And only have three items worth keeping to show for it. Now that the level cap is going to be raised... Well those items will be obsolete. With that in mind, why would I want to buy any plat items until I hit the next level cap?

I like trixie's spin on my idea. If that was implemented, I'd at least consider buying plat items as I level.

Back to work for me now, let's keep this ball rolling! We know sts is listening. :)

xChilla
05-25-2012, 06:46 PM
some people(especially those in the USA or Vpn users) earn lots of plat just by doing the offers.

I live in the US and I DEFINITELY DEFINITELY do not earn a lot of platinum through offers... Hardly any offers show up and when they do, I usually don't get credited.. and from what I've read, I'm not the only one!

HunterSLAYER
05-25-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm sry abt that but I got 25 plat from a six hour offer marathon :D and I used to live in the Us so the Vpns help alot. @@

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

PL_Keaton96
05-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Bad idea, people would just go buy like 500 gold pinks in Cs and sell for plat, atleast that's what i'd do..