PDA

View Full Version : rendtail's dragonstone

Potofgreed
07-16-2021, 03:00 AM
i just wanted to have a discussion about this ring.

i think this ring should be reverted back to its original state.

what do you guys think? 235153

what im suggesting is they remove " every level above 46 will decrease this primary stat bonus by 2. "

do you guys think this is a bad idea?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Kiritobozz
07-16-2021, 03:58 AM
At this point in the game? Yeah, definitely. With the current arcane gear that ring shouldn't be considered overpowered anymore *imo*

flashio
07-16-2021, 08:01 AM
Imo gear shouldn't be getting nerfs/reworks unless it's clearly overpowered and unbalanced, gear should just be replaced by the next lvl items but without leaving useless the previous lvl items, this would bring the gameplay a wide variety on strategies and combinations both in pvp and in pve.
Regarding rendtail ring its clear this ring was a masterpiece that and the first thought to make ppl abandon this item was the bonus diminishing as lvl goes up which wasn't the best solution at least imo.
Same has happened with several items like Immo daggs, dragon staff, Elo bulwark (2 weeks afternits release if I'm not mistaken) and many others.

Oakmaiden
07-16-2021, 09:47 AM
You really believe it should make a comeback? Really? Explain why that would be better.

Avaree
07-16-2021, 02:42 PM

#411chars

Magistxr
07-17-2021, 05:40 PM
I think the OP is more so talking about the wider trend of gears becoming useless when new expacs drop, which is valid.

It effectively causes expansions to replace older content rather than adding to it, which means there is less variety in what content is farmed, what gear is used, and what players spend their time doing.

I am coming back from a hiatus during which I played mmos with horizontal progression which is essentially the extreme of this; that no new gear "replaces" old gear, but is added as an alternative. This means that there's always a ton of ways to play, content to farm, and gear to choose from.

This idea of content adding rather than replacing is also present in other vertical mmos and imo would be a big improvement to AL if they put in the work to balance for it.

Potofgreed
07-19-2021, 09:57 AM
I think the OP is more so talking about the wider trend of gears becoming useless when new expacs drop, which is valid.

It effectively causes expansions to replace older content rather than adding to it, which means there is less variety in what content is farmed, what gear is used, and what players spend their time doing.

I am coming back from a hiatus during which I played mmos with horizontal progression which is essentially the extreme of this; that no new gear "replaces" old gear, but is added as an alternative. This means that there's always a ton of ways to play, content to farm, and gear to choose from.

This idea of content adding rather than replacing is also present in other vertical mmos and imo would be a big improvement to AL if they put in the work to balance for it.https://youtu.be/OzGXX9tmdr8

i made this concept video a while ago.

no i dont except this to happen ever lol

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk