PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Set Effects & Possible Glitches

Zeus
05-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey guys, so many of you are probably curious to what the new dragon sets are and how they work! Well, I'll help you with them! :)

• First off, the existing dragons that currently work are Volaria and Argos. Karonis and Mitas DO NOT WORK right now.

• Secondly, I believe it may be a glitch, but you only need the dragon to get the set effect bonuses, not the armor as well or helm as well.

Now, for the dragon sets. (It appears you do not need to buy the armor or helm for the set effect bonus)

• Volaria: +10 damage & +5 armor & +1 M/S
• Argos: +10 damage & +5 M/S & +1 Armor
• Mitas: None currently. I even tried with the helm and armor.
• Karonis: None currently. I tried with the Mitas helm and armor as well.

Possible glitches:

• You do not need the set to have the dragon set. What does this mean? Elite Vanity set and Dragon set STACK!

• Mitas and Karonis do not work or provide any bonus at all, even if paired with the Mitas Helm and Armor.

• Mitas, Mitas Helm, Mitas Armor do not make up a set.

Phoenixking
05-24-2012, 05:47 PM
I like the stacking and Argos gives +1 armor as well I think all of them do that though.

Noodleleg
05-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Parth, have you considered that Mitas and Karonis need the looted armor set? Maybe that's why? Oh, and hi =)

Zeus
05-24-2012, 05:50 PM
I like the stacking and Argos gives +1 armor as well I think all of them do that though.

Whoops, no they don't. My bad, I think I messed up on the set effects. Anyways, I fixed them. :)

Zeus
05-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Parth, have you considered that Mitas and Karonis need the looted armor set? Maybe that's why? Oh, and hi =)

It would make sense that the Mitas set would work with the Mitas armor and helm. -__- I could be wrong though, which is why I said possible glitches, not just the definite term - glitches. Either way, it's still misleading to those who bought it. :D

kellylita
05-24-2012, 05:51 PM
ok im confused. what vanity does the new mitas dragon master helm and mitas dragon master armor offer?

kellylita
05-24-2012, 05:53 PM
It would make sense that the Mitas set would work with the Mitas armor and helm. -__- I could be wrong though. Either way, it's still misleading to those who bought it. :D

okay so if i buy mitas dragon armor and dragon helm will that boost the stats of my bird?

Zeus
ok im confused. what vanity does the new mitas dragon master helm and mitas dragon master armor offer?

Nothing at all. It doesn't pair up with the Mitas set, so I think it may be glitched.

Noodleleg
It would make sense that the Mitas set would work with the Mitas armor and helm. -__- I could be wrong though. Either way, it's still misleading to those who bought it. :D

You're a good ship if you never sail, my friend! :D

Zeus
05-24-2012, 05:55 PM
okay so if i buy mitas dragon armor and dragon helm will that boost the stats of my bird?

No, it wouldn't. The armor and helm does not seem to make any contribution towards the set effect. It appears you need either Volaria or Argos alone just to get set. You don't need the additional armors. Then again, this could just be a glitch, because logically, it just doesn't make sense why developers would do this.

Noodleleg
05-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Parth, is it just me... Or are we going to have a problem with these dragons? Founder's helm type thing... Especially low level twinks... People are going to start complaining on the bonuses probably...

Zeus
05-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Parth, is it just me... Or are we going to have a problem with these dragons? Founder's helm type thing... Especially low level twinks... People are going to start complaining on the bonuses probably...

If it works how I think it'll work when they fix the possible glitches, those people will likely have to choose between founders and the dragon set.

Again, just to remind you, this is just speculation I'm making by logical reasoning.

kellylita
05-24-2012, 06:05 PM
this is most likely a glitch, soon they may make it so you need all parts to complete the set

Zeus
05-24-2012, 06:08 PM
this is most likely a glitch, soon they may make it so you need all parts to complete the set

Yes, that's what I said, but for now, these are the set bonuses. :)

If people are buying dragons based on what the current sets are, I'd highly advise them to hold off for now.

birdmasta
05-24-2012, 06:15 PM
is this in PL??? new campaign? or what?

Elitephonix
05-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Ok Apollo, you and you big words confuse me. Simple question, Answer with: Yes or No

Will mitas armor and helm give off bonus?

Zeus
05-24-2012, 06:17 PM
is this in PL??? new campaign? or what?

Yes it's in PL, not a new campaign, but a new patch. Read the patch notes in the announcements section. It should be stickied at the very top.

@Elitephonix, Mitas Armor and Helm do not currently give the bonus, so No. But I believe it's glitched and will be fixed soon, so if you're just buying a dragon atm, I'd hold off on it incase you purchase the wrong one.

birdmasta
05-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes it's in PL, not a new campaign, but a new patch. Read the patch notes in the announcements section. It should be stickied at the very top.

@Elitephonix, Mitas Armor and Helm do not currently give the bonus, so No. But I believe it's glitched and will be fixed soon, so if you're just buying a dragon atm, I'd hold off on it incase you purchase the wrong one.

this just makes PVP more cheap... bleh

Zeus
05-24-2012, 06:22 PM
this just makes PVP more cheap... bleh

Or you could save up platinum and buy it. :)

Piosidon
05-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Hopefully they add stats to other vanity pets then

kellylita
05-24-2012, 06:36 PM
it would be really great if a dev can shed some light on this issue. i see them commenting other post yet they seem to be ignoring this one and leaveing us to scratch our heads on what is really going on with these vanities.

I dont want to drop 200 plat on a mix-up that will be corrected soon. i am certain others feel the same way. i think we all really deserve some clarification on this from the devs.

Cahaun
05-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Is it me, or did you say Volaria? (SL mind)

Samhayne
05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Hey gang,

The intent was to put a cool aspect to the dropped items. I know the team is looking further at them tomorrow based on your feedback. We'll see what they decide then - thanks very much for your input.

Right now only the dropped dragon armor will create a set bonus with the corresponding color dragon equipped.

Xionskull
05-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Wait... Is the mystery dragon helms and armor (that drop) well are they visible? I've never seen them but I see peeps with sparks. And to get sparks do I need the dragon pet?

Elyseon
05-24-2012, 07:57 PM
why does the mitas dragon not give bonus with mitas gear?

Fncrazy
05-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Can these vanities and bonuses be used for toons lower than 60? If so it could really hurt twinking pvp. Doesn't bother me cause I got plat, but alot of ppl don't.

Mothwing
05-24-2012, 08:20 PM
• You do not need the set to have the dragon set. What does this mean? Elite Vanity set and Dragon set STACK!

Yeah...won't be pvping for a while.

Jcyee
05-24-2012, 08:35 PM
i want a dragon now!!!!! lol thx for the info tho :)

BoomBox
05-24-2012, 10:45 PM
i want a dragon now!!!!! lol thx for the info tho :)

So do i!

gundamsone
05-24-2012, 10:57 PM
I really hope the current bonuses on the red+blue dragons are glitches and aren't meant to give those bonuses without the corresponding vanity armour.

If the bonuses are meant to be available across all levels then all pets should have some sort of stat boost (proportional to how much plat they're worth)

Low level twinking will be a mess and those with founders helm combined with the blue dragon will be unbeatable.

Otukura
05-25-2012, 12:10 AM
• Volaria: +10 damage & +5 armor & +1 M/S
• Argos: +10 damage & +5 M/S & +1 Armor
Because these won't make 35 PvP favor those with them :/

Jsaieagle
05-25-2012, 04:30 AM
Dev, can you please drop us an answer if it's just a glitch or the dragon really gives these stats?

Or dragon with helm and armor will give further stats!!?

Appleisaac
05-25-2012, 05:58 AM
bye bye twinking...

Jsaieagle
05-25-2012, 06:39 AM
bye bye twinking...

I guess dev will fix it soon, no worries

mike1298
05-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Dev already answered. The sets are only supposed to work with the corresponding colors and set. So the Red dragon will only give the set bonus if you are wearing the red dragon helm, armor and have the red dragon. Same goes with blue, etc. It's glitched right now.

icemando
05-25-2012, 06:48 AM
sure it is about PL. and not new campaign. new rare loot (vanities)

Dynastu
05-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Founders helms haven't seemed to be a problem in twinking lol. I don't think dragon set bonuses are the twinking apocalypse.

Chopper
05-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Wait, so you can equip dragon vanities on top of your Elite end game Vanity armour, etc. and get BOTH bonuses?

If so, then I'm on board the "i want dragon armour" train!

mike1298
05-25-2012, 03:43 PM
No you can't Chopper.

Chopper
05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
No you can't Chopper.

Thanks for the clarification

[stepping off the train now] ha ha

Phoenixking
05-25-2012, 03:56 PM
You need all the peices to get bonus and now you can't stack with elite. So you have to decide (whatever the 3 peice elite stats are) over 10damage 5 armor 1 on whatever stat it is for each

United
05-27-2012, 04:25 PM
it even says "Golden" in the description... i almost bought the helm n armor

Pakax
05-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I spent 500 plat to NOT get Mitas, the golden one. I won't be caught again. I would have happilly splashed 500 on Mitas alone for these stats but making this a lottery at 500 plat a pop, is borderline. Gutted

/rant over

Buffedbear Pl
05-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Founders helms haven't seemed to be a problem in twinking lol. I don't think dragon set bonuses are the twinking apocalypse.

+5 M/S is a pretty big chunk in most level ranges up until level 55ish. You could have Shivering mages with as much/more M/S than Brain Freeze mages.