PDA

View Full Version : Let's realize something.

Whirlzap
05-26-2012, 12:34 AM
We are the strongest class in game in terms of overall DPS.

What are your thoughts on a little girl doing more damage than a bald eagle.

dugantale
05-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Class doesn't always matter... the player matters too.

Barbamitsos
05-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Dugantale is right. I have seen avians killing enchantresses one shot and bears killin enchantresses *(not oneshot)*

Docvoodo
05-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I've been killed in 2 hits by Bears. While I've hit a bear like that with combos and multiple staff/wand hits before they used taunt then killed me with combos.

Waug
06-09-2012, 07:35 AM
As I always say mages are overpowered not for the deadly drain but for the 100+ crit. That means you always crit when buffed, and no class has crit debuff, lol, though i think birds should have.

Otherwise, pure birds with a longbow set wins this race.

Phoenixking
06-09-2012, 07:49 AM
As I always says mages are overpowered not for the deadly drain but for the 100+ crit. That means you always crit when buffed, and no class has crit debuff, lol, though i think birds should have.

Otherwise, pure birds with a longbow set wins this race.Drain+fire if they hit right (50%) bam birdy dead O.o I think birds do have a crit debuff, I maybe wrong

Mages weakness is usually sheild, it won't be on forever and with that health around 400 and low dodge.
Mages are still superpowered

Whirlzap
07-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Drain+fire if they hit right (50%) bam birdy dead O.o I think birds do have a crit debuff, I maybe wrong

Mages weakness is usually sheild, it won't be on forever and with that health around 400 and low dodge.
Mages are still superpowered

At higher level PvP, a bird wins a fight with 3 skills.
Usually Blast Root/Break and then Blind.
It's what I do at level 55 PvP.

Thing is, mages now have the tendency to actually dodge a skill, which is just stupid and pointless in maintaining class balance.
They already have about the same amount of armor as bears already.

XghostzX
07-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Mages are easiest class to play, that's why everyone assumes that Mages are OP.

All classes are balanced, I mean, maybe there could be a few tweaks. But it's definitely fair to say Mages are the easiest class to play.

Although the gear is what is unfair now. Mages can actually dodge, haha.

Roberto077
07-03-2012, 11:51 AM
well... sts said archers were supposed to do the most damage. OH GOD NO

Dynastu
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM

All classes are balanced, I mean, maybe there could be a few tweaks. But it's definitely fair to say Mages are the easiest class to play.

Eh... Idk. Today I was fighting a Mage in COT. Here are some examples of how our fights went.

Fight 1: I blast the mage's shield and use repulse shot. The mage dodges repulse, hit 100 damage on auto and 449 on drain. I die.

Fight 2: I blast the mage's shield and use repulse shot. Both land. I go back in for break, root, shatter, blast. The Mage dodges an attack and lands several 300+ damage attacks.

Fight 3: I dodge everything lol. I win.

Fight 4: (same as Fight 2) Mage doesnt dodge at the end and I win.

Fight 5: I manage to drain the mages mana and survive for a while. When I'm about to win, the Mage does 420 damage on drain. I lose.

There are many more scenarios when the Mage dodges three attacks in a row, and by then I'm dead.

Today, I was thinking about tweaks to gear/stats that would better balance pvp. The first thing I noticed is that dex gear has low HP regen. I think their hp regen should be greater than 50% more than what it currently is. How would this effect things? Well, birds would have to kite more "Mage-style". By this I mean attacking at 12m, then repulsing away to regen. It would give birds more survivability, as well as offer a new strategical way of looking at things for birds.

Now one would immediately think, "Well, mages and birds can use dex gear, too." That's true. However, HP regen has almost NO effect on mages, especially at endgame. Mages can just heal. They don't need hp regen. But, then you say, "HP regen helps if they have no mana to heal." Mages have 30+ mana regen, I believe. They have no issue with not having enough mana to heal. Or, of they're pinned, they're taking fast damage and will most likely die even with high hp regen. And then there's the argument that bears can use this gear. Str gear already has high hp regen. So it's just like a str bear with more damage and less armor. And here's my closing statement on that- BOWBEARS ARE WEAK, TOO. So, the added hp regen might help another class as well...

Something else I thought about. I was thinking that the dodge stat should completely be removed on mages. But then I thought about pallies. Sigh... IMO, not even pallies need dodge. Thoughts on this?

To sum this up, there are two things "OP" here.
-The int gear, source of high armor on mages and the dodging.
-The superrr high damage skills.

Windwaiker
07-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I think if drain was a 10m skill instead of 12m, it would help birds to kite a little easier.

I looked at whirlzap's Humania pink list and noticed that mages get 8 different stat increases on their gear (well, I suppose 1 mana point i doesnt matter that much) including armor. Birds get 6 different stat increases, and one of the stats increases hit% by 8 -_- why don't birds get dodge anymore? Mages got all the better stats, they have better hp and mp regen than birds, they get dodge when birds get none, and depending on the set, crit% that is either the same or better than bird sets! Don't forget, their hula skirts provide the same protection as warrior chest plates...

Since these stat bonuses are on every piece of gear in the set, a Mage with 4 different equipment pieces would have quite a boost compared to the bird using only 3

Whirlzap
07-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Mage is often easiest to play because she has the BEST buffs.
That Blessing of Vitality surpasses both Rage and Focus almost twofold.
That Blessing of Might is like an Iron Blood, whereas Bird doesn't have a defense buff.
That Mana Shield gives Mage an easy supply of 800+ extra HP against Bears.

What I think is most OP is the Mage's Blessing of Vitality at low levels. At high levels, it would be the Mana Shield.

I once thought I was a good PvPer. I went and started a bird and a bear.
My process so far:
Bird fails to beat bears at level 56.
Bear is hopeless after rooted or frozen by a mage.

So as I summed up, Mage is considered easy because of her superior buffs.

well... sts said archers were supposed to do the most damage. OH GOD NO

STS didn't consider buffs. In dungeons before buffs became insanely OP, like before and around the Sewers cap, birds had the advantage.
Advantage for birds before Sewers cap and still right now is that all their skills fire and process faster than any mage combat skill BESIDES Firestorm.
I can use 3 skills on my bird before Drain Health hits on my mage.
But apparently now that steady and fast burst of damage from bird is marked inferior to the eventual but piled up heap of criticals from mage.