PDA

View Full Version : Skeletonlord's tip of the week *Work In Progress*

Skeletonlord
05-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Hey guys,

Tips and hints. Everyone likes hints and tips. But are there any tips for Pocket Legends?

This thread is going to be updated every now and again with new hints and tips about the game, from what to buy in the Consignment Store, to drops :)

Today's tip:

Deal of the day gets you items in the store cheaper than they are originally!

If any of you have any ideas for hints/tips please post them in the comments :)

Otukura
05-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Its rarely exactly half price.

Phoenixking
05-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Isn't it usually like lowering 25%
the trasher elixer is 40 but gets lowered to 30.

Noodleleg
05-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Tip:

Don't rush in pvp unless you're seriously good...

Otukura
05-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Tip:

Don't rush in pvp unless you're seriously good...

You don't have to be seriously good. You just need to be better than the majority.

LwMark
05-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Hence the name deal of the day

undertheradar
05-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I have a tip that parallels the amazing helpfulness of yours. Tip- to start pocket legends, tap the icon on your home screen.

Nick41324
05-26-2012, 01:17 PM
This thread deserves a thumbs up!...

Did i get u excited, skeleton? :-)

Swampy
05-26-2012, 01:37 PM
The next tip should be how to log out.

Elyseon
05-26-2012, 01:39 PM
This thread deserves a thumbs up!...

Did i get u excited, skeleton? :-)
LOL

never would have thought a deal saves you money

LwMark
05-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Tip: forums helps u get new info about the legends games before its released in game

:p

Swimmingstar
05-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Trolls these days... why can't anyone ever be constructive?

Phoenixking
05-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Trolls these days... why can't anyone ever be constructive?
I laugh at people who are trolling. Especially those that are doing it right now.

Swimmingstar
05-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I laugh at people who are trolling. Especially those that are doing it right now.

Funny that they want to stop these thread locks when they're helping the locks.

Phoenixking
05-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Weird that they want to stop these thread locks when they're helping the locks.
Nope. Its not weird. Most people say something to go with the main wave. And do something the. Main wave does aswell.

NECROREAPER
05-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Oh good lord.

Yet another onslaught of useless junk being posted by GOA hopefuls.

JUST STOP IT ALREADY

Hankomachos
05-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Tip: Making guides will increase your chance of becoming an AoA or GoA.

Phoenixking
05-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Tip: Making guides WILL increase your chance of becoming an AoA or GoA.
Do you delete one post to post the other one and stay elite? Or does it stay like that

Skel. Is already Ambassadors of Alterra. :O

Otukura
05-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Tip: Making guides WILL increase your chance of becoming an AoA or GoA.

I made 1. It was under 3 sentences.

Hankomachos
05-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Do you delete one post to post the other one and stay elite? Or does it stay like that

Skel. Is already Ambassadors of Alterra. :O

naw, I'm just naturally awesome
posting does not affect my elite-ness

Phoenixking
05-26-2012, 02:41 PM
naw, I'm just naturally awesome
posting does not affect my elite-ness
It just did. I knew it.

Zeus
05-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Trolling him is just as bad, you know...

Try giving him constructive criticism through PM's.

Otukura
05-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Try giving him constructive criticism through PM's.

Have you ever done that? The responses I've gotten show that obviously doesn't help.

Zeus
05-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Have you ever done that? The responses I've gotten show that obviously doesn't help.

Yeah, I have on multiple occasions. You can ask him yourself. :)

Nick41324
05-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I have on multiple occasions. You can ask him yourself. :)
*on multiple occasions*. Obviously your advice isnt working lol

JaytB
05-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Well, here's some advice Skel. If you're going to make a 'tip of the week' thread, try not to point out the obvious. Put some thought into what people would know less.

Some examples of pointing out the obvious:
*Press the 'change character' button to select another character.
*Enter a correct password to be able to logon
*Use your inventory to check what your toon is carrying
... I could go on and on lol
It's like the dotd thing, isn't any deal supposed to be a.. Uhmm.. Deal?

Some examples of less obvious things could be like:
*Did you know that stomp at lvl 3 has maximum range' higher lvls only increase dmg. The exception is lvl 4, which is the lvl that stomp additionally unfreezes/unroots?
*Did you know that revive, gives you and your party a small buff of 1dmg, 1m/s and 1 armor, during 1 minute?
*Did you know that axes usually give more dmg and dps as compared to swords, but swords increase your skill dmg more (generally)
... Again, I could go on and on, but the point is to try and find something that isn't known by 99.99% of the players

I can see why people are trolling this thread, my first reaction was not what I wrote now, but I figured why not try and post something that might be constructive instead :)

Zeus
05-26-2012, 07:21 PM
*on multiple occasions*. Obviously your advice isnt working lol

Have you tried? :) Go on, buddy! I thought you're a community leader? They're supposed to help, no? :)

Otukura
05-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Have you tried? :)

Airrie(or Pandar?) deleted the thread in the AoA forum, but yes, he tried.

Lowlyspy
05-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Have you tried? :) Go on, buddy! I thought you're a community leader? They're supposed to help, no? :)
Many of us have tried, multiple times, evidently in vain.

Zeus
05-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Many of us have tried, multiple times, evidently in vain.

Try a different approach then. All problems can't be solved by one approach. I've been trying a different approach with him on AoA and now he's actually making an effort.

zeusabe
05-26-2012, 07:38 PM
TIP: Use search button before posting a tip, if you've thought about it, there's a good chance someone else did:calm:

Zeus
05-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Airrie(or Pandar?) deleted the thread in the AoA forum, but yes, he tried.

Because he tried publicly, that's rather embarrassing.

Swampy
05-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Skel's threads always seem to stir up something.

Deathpunch
05-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Tip: ensure that you have enough tp BEFORE dropping deuce.

Bonus tip: don't walk under a flying cow without an umbrella.

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

Zeus
05-26-2012, 07:44 PM

Bonus tip: don't walk under a flying cow without an umbrella.

-----

LOL! Made me laugh. Thanks for the comic relief! :)

Zeus
05-26-2012, 07:45 PM

Because people just need the slightest reason to troll since they're so bored, so they think it's justified.

Hankomachos
05-26-2012, 07:55 PM

Now this is a good tip!

No longer will I have to use my hand! :D

Appleisaac
05-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Guys... Please stop making fun of Skel. It doesnt help anything, and as I have said before, all it does is hurt his feelings... If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all if your going to in public... send him a PM if your upset by anything he says, dont publicly mock him.

Swampy
05-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Because people just need the slightest reason to troll since they're so bored, so they think it's justified.
Then maybe skeletonlord should stop and think before he posts "Do other people know this already?"
Also the whole "work in progress" thing? I've seen that countless times. If you are about to state the obvious, state every part, don't leave it as 1 tip and then say "to be continued" That gives people time to troll. People won't be so tempted to troll if Skel maybe ELABORATED a bit.

@Skel if you're reading this people do have this handy gift of common sense
BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

Zeus
05-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Then maybe skeletonlord should stop and think before he posts "Do other people know this already?"
Also the whole "work in progress" thing? I've seen that countless times. If you are about to state the obvious, state every part, don't leave it as 1 tip and then say "to be continued" That gives people time to troll. People won't be so tempted to troll if Skel maybe ELABORATED a bit.

@Skel if you're reading this people do have this handy gift of common sense
BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

But the so called community leaders aren't doing what they should be doing. That's my point. Y'all are being petty. I asked some non-forumers why they don't use the forums. Their main responses are along the lines of: "It's unpleasant and does not represent the community as a whole. Overall, it's depressing with all the negativity".

Just saying.

Swampy
05-26-2012, 08:17 PM
But the so called community leaders aren't doing what they should be doing. That's my point. Y'all are being petty. I asked some non-forumers why they don't use the forums. Their main responses are along the lines of: "It's unpleasant and does not represent the community as a whole. Overall, it's depressing with all the negativity".

Just saying.
Those non-forum users very accurate.

zeusabe
05-26-2012, 08:30 PM
TIP: Don't use double standard. Threads like these will usually get the "use the search button". It only impregnates the forum with repetitive "tips". I'm certain that almost all essential tips for newbies, bosses, making money, farming, guilds, making friends, even satirical ones like rushing, booting, trolling, etc. can be found by using search button. The reason why people keep on repeating threads and not use search button is because newcomers see the old ones not taking it seriously. When newcomers see the community stand firm in its rules, you'll see improvement in overall behavior. Where there is tolerance there is ambiguity, stop this ambiguity and double standard and be more firm, apply to this dude what you did to others. It's the community's fault that's why it's unpleasant, and you calling it unpleasant means you contributed to it (inaction is contribution) and it will remain the same unless some things are changed. So that's a pretty short tip and tried to made it as constructive as I can. Oh and another tip, don't start threads that are work in progress, finish it, write it in a paper or something, the other guy is right, open ended threads are prone to trolling.

Otukura
05-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Because he tried publicly, that's rather embarrassing.

No, he stated he had PM'd Skel may times in the thread that was deleted. As did Lowly and others.

Just saying.

There wouldn't be this unpleasantness if there weren't so many threads about common sense.

Drizzid
05-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm starting to think skeletonlord is the greatest troll to grace these forums. Im not even sure whether or not to take this guy seriously.

I really hope he's trolling.

Elyseon
05-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Because people just need the slightest reason to troll since they're so bored

Since when is a reason needed to troll ;D

-or was that in one of skel's guide? Musta missed it :/

Piosidon
05-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Ikr??? My threads never get over 20 replies :(

Swampy
05-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Ikr??? My threads never get over 20 replies :(
Id be thankful considering half this thread is a big argument!

Walkhardd
05-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I love lamp

ZHEOTARE
05-26-2012, 09:45 PM
This thread reminds me of why i quit using forums for a long time...

Glad to see one person took what i said in my quit thread (Apollo) to heart.

RaptorBlitz
05-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Tip: If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it.

Applies to the trolls and the TC.

Walkhardd
05-26-2012, 09:53 PM

I personally think some people have too thin of skin, and take the forums a tad bit too serious.

That, and I think we are all pretty bored with the lack of new content.

Swampy
05-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Tip: If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it.

Applies to the trolls and the TC.
With out bad there wouldn't good things. Without criticism there wouldn't be progress.

Nick41324
05-26-2012, 10:40 PM
I got virtually yelled at the first and only time i tried.

Zeus
05-26-2012, 11:06 PM
I got virtually yelled at the first and only time i tried.

Perhaps retribution for all the negative criticism he's been getting?

Otukura
05-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Perhaps retribution for all the negative criticism he's been getting?

This was wayy before that. The reason I give the responses I give is because of the responses I've gotten.

Roc
05-26-2012, 11:17 PM
I thought...it was rude to talk about someone behind their back??? But I guess the intention is that you hope your comments will all be read and the OP will feel so terrible that he never dare start a thread again. Reading all these comments, I can feel the frustration is oozing out of many of them. You may be thinking, "Oh, OP hasn't learned his lesson yet, so let's be a bit blunter, a bit harsher, a bit meaner." Maybe that's not what you thought, but that is certainly how I read the comments.

I've seen the threads too, the many that I thought didn't particularly cater to forum peeps who mostly know basic game mechanics, but frustration is not an excuse for an all out assault or the sarcastic remarks. If I read these pages of responses to a thread I created, I would not feel the need to change. No, I would be very, very depressed. I don't know what you are thinking. I don't know what the OP thinks. I can only say what I think and I think that the point has been made clearly through sarcasm and meanness and that is not the way to get someone to change.

P.S.

I may also sound annoyed, but it's really not annoyance...it's more said with a sigh.

NECROREAPER
05-26-2012, 11:21 PM
I thought...it was rude to talk about someone behind their back??? But I guess the intention is that you hope your comments will all be read and the OP will feel so terrible that he never dare start a thread again. Reading all these comments, I can feel the frustration is oozing out of many of them. You may be thinking, "Oh, OP hasn't learned his lesson yet, so let's be a bit blunter, a bit harsher, a bit meaner." Maybe that's not what you thought, but that is certainly how I read the comments.

I've seen the threads too, the many that I thought didn't particularly cater to forum peeps who mostly know basic game mechanics, but frustration is not an excuse for an all out assault or the sarcastic remarks. If I read these pages of responses to a thread I created, I would not feel the need to change. No, I would be very, very depressed. I don't know what you are thinking. I don't know what the OP thinks. I can only say what I think and I think that the point has been made clearly through sarcasm and meanness and that is not the way to get someone to change.

P.S.

I may also sound annoyed, but it's really not annoyance...it's more said with a sigh.

Unfortunately, some people only learn the hard way.

Even then, the hard way doesn't sink through some people's skulls

Kixxler
05-26-2012, 11:24 PM
The first "tip" wasn't even a tip. It's common sense.

Roc
05-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately, some people only learn the hard way.

Even then, the hard way doesn't sink through some people's skulls

Even though the urge may be to smack someone's skull with a hammer, enough small nudges in the right directer over time will do the same thing. It's just a matter of patience (which seems to have run dry lol) :) (but I guess this doesn't completely counter your argument of only the hard way working XD)

I also felt that publicly denouncing someone is not the way to go. It's like talking to someone when you know the person in question is nearby listening and your intention is that he hears you talking bad about him. It's not right, and on forums the equivalent of a face to face meeting is PMing so I agree with the numerous suggestions of just PMing. Even if you get a negative response back, even if you get no response back, even if it isn't even read, you typed out your thoughts/feelings and that's worthwhile...at least, in my experience XD I've typed lots of passionate emails to people without ever sending them :p

NECROREAPER
05-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Even though the urge may be to smack someone's skull with a hammer, enough small nudges in the right directer over time will do the same thing. It's just a matter of patience (which seems to have run dry lol) :)

I also felt that publicly denouncing someone is not the way to go. It's like talking to someone when you know the person in question is nearby listening and your intention is that he hears you talking bad about him. I agree with the numerous suggestions of just PMing. Even if you get a negative response back, even if you get no response back, even if it isn't even read, you typed out your thoughts/feelings and that's worthwhile...at least, in my experience XD I've typed lots of angry emails to people without ever sending them :P

The problem is, most ways of addressing the Issue have been exhausted, thus leading to utter frustration from people who have tried many, many times and different ways to help alleviate/fix the issue.

At least people have been mostly restrained in their responses to the OP. I've had PMs/texts of FAAAAAAARRRR worse things said, so at least it hasn't gotten to the point where people are straight up pissed about it publicly, it's more like very, very upset right now.

ZHEOTARE
05-27-2012, 04:39 AM

I personally think some people have too thin of skin, and take the forums a tad bit too serious.

That, and I think we are all pretty bored with the lack of new content.

I agree with the thin skinned, and taking the forums too seriously. It's funny to me, how in one thread, people scream one thing. Then in another the scream the complete opposite. There are a lot of fake, wanna be popular, wanna look smarter then they really are, arrogant people on these forums now. There used to only be a couple... then apparently they bred.

And it's not boredom due to lack of content problem. It's a personality problem.

Here a light bulb moment for some of you... if you don't like Skel's threads, don't open them when he makes one. No matter what he writes, you're just opening it so you can leave a smart alec comment. Just go on to the next thread.

Deathpunch
05-27-2012, 08:39 AM
I think everyone just needs to relax. Both the people with the excellent tips and the people in here trying to be mothers and telling us about feelings and stuff. All that happens is people trying to have a little fun with these tips get all of the forum moms drawers in a twist then we gotta listen to them chide others for possibly hurting feelings. Borrrr-ing.

Tip: drink you milk for healthy and strong teeth and bones.

Tip: proper following distance while driving is approximately 1 car length for every 10 miles an hour of speed.

Tip: be careful when driving on weekend nights in South Korea. According to surveys conducted by the U.S. military, about 80% of drivers are intoxicated to some degree.

-----

Phoenixking
05-27-2012, 04:51 PM
What zheo said Is completely true. I usually talk to this with my friend making fun of it. Lol.

Elyseon
05-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Here a light bulb moment for some of you... if you don't like Skel's threads, don't open them when he makes one. No matter what he writes, you're just opening it so you can leave a smart alec comment. Just go on to the next thread.

sometimes you just want a laugh

Carth
05-27-2012, 05:20 PM
sometimes you just want a laugh

I'll be honest, this is the only reason I open anything on this forum. Not just Skel's.

Anyway, I'm really curious on what goes through your mind, Skeletonlord. I'm not saying you're an idiot, I'm just wondering why you make such threads like these. You've been getting negative responses from most of your threads for months now. If your main intention is to become popular over the internet, then I'll be the first, and I doubt I'll be the last, to say that's incredibly sad. Skeletonlord, if your just trying to be helpful, because it truly makes you feel good, sit down for an hour or two and think of how to do that. If all you come up with is common sense that will just give people a reason to bash on you, think more. If you're unsuccessful, keep trying. If you can't do it, then this path your trying to go down just isn't for you. Just enjoy the forums and have fun playing the games if that's the case.

Good luck. :)

zeusabe
05-28-2012, 12:31 AM
I agree with the thin skinned, and taking the forums too seriously. It's funny to me, how in one thread, people scream one thing. Then in another the scream the complete opposite. There are a lot of fake, wanna be popular, wanna look smarter then they really are, arrogant people on these forums now. There used to only be a couple... then apparently they bred.

And it's not boredom due to lack of content problem. It's a personality problem.

It's funny, I still remember how you told Bronxman to stop making his satirical threads. "...if you don't like Skel's threads, don't open them when he makes one.." is not a fitting statement for someone who has history of dictating someone's way of posting. So in that sense, you are your own evidence when you said "...how in one thread, people scream one thing. Then in another the scream the complete opposite". To your point, everyone should be bound by the community's rules and one of them is not repeating previous threads, isn't that clear? I'm not policing or anything like that, anything can post anything but someone who's defending someone who's clearly in the wrong is clearly partial...that's what you call double standard because there were many posters in the past that were criticized by forumers for repeating threads and gave them the automatic "use the search button". By your logic I can post anything I want even if it's in the trolling mode and tell people not to look at my thread if they don't like it? That's ironic because that kind of thinking is what is destroying this forum, and you were one of the people who complained about the forums declining...your action speaks different of what you preach. Why are you singling out this particular forumer? Where were you when people were criticizing other forumers for not using search button? Surely you've been around when those things happened, or you were just not interested since they were not popular? Be consistent.

Appleisaac
05-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Does anyone else sense a thread lock?

ZHEOTARE
05-28-2012, 11:27 AM
It's funny, I still remember how you told Bronxman to stop making his satirical threads. "...if you don't like Skel's threads, don't open them when he makes one.." is not a fitting statement for someone who has history of dictating someone's way of posting. So in that sense, you are your own evidence when you said "...how in one thread, people scream one thing. Then in another the scream the complete opposite". To your point, everyone should be bound by the community's rules and one of them is not repeating previous threads, isn't that clear? I'm not policing or anything like that, anything can post anything but someone who's defending someone who's clearly in the wrong is clearly partial...that's what you call double standard because there were many posters in the past that were criticized by forumers for repeating threads and gave them the automatic "use the search button". By your logic I can post anything I want even if it's in the trolling mode and tell people not to look at my thread if they don't like it? That's ironic because that kind of thinking is what is destroying this forum, and you were one of the people who complained about the forums declining...your action speaks different of what you preach. Why are you singling out this particular forumer? Where were you when people were criticizing other forumers for not using search button? Surely you've been around when those things happened, or you were just not interested since they were not popular? Be consistent.

While on the surface, your point seems valid, let's dig deeper...

My response to Bronxman

On the for real, Bronx, it's time to stop. I generally laugh at your threads and posts, but you're just egging people on at this point. Not cool.

This was response #59 to that thread. The context of this was that he was just egging and inciting the negativity.

From my quit thread

- Every main topic, and most of the minor ones, that can be covered, have been covered. Maybe the OP doesn't know how to use the search
function. Maybe they didn't find the information they wanted. Maybe they just want to make their own post. In the end, what does it matter??
Seriously, if there are 20 threads on where is the best place to farm gold, does one more post hurt?? Maybe, just maybe, someone found a
better spot then is listed in any of the first 20 threads.

- I bet there isn't a thread like this that's been made. If there is, I won't know. I didn't search for it.

I think this on is pretty self explanatory. Please don't lump me in with the people that used the "use the search button" line. Truthfully, that could be used in most threads now a days. And as you can see, I was calling out the people that were using that line all the time.

From this thread

that's what you call double standard because there were many posters in the past that were criticized by forumers for repeating threads and gave them the automatic "use the search button". By your logic I can post anything I want even if it's in the trolling mode and tell people not to look at my thread if they don't like it? That's ironic because that kind of thinking is what is destroying this forum, and you were one of the people who complained about the forums declining...your action speaks different of what you preach. Why are you singling out this particular forumer? Where were you when people were criticizing other forumers for not using search button? Surely you've been around when those things happened, or you were just not interested since they were not popular? Be consistent.

Before you start spewing about living to one standard... 2/3 of your responses on this thread was TIP: Use the search button. Then you seem to be complaining about people using that line. Should I use the search funtion to find out how many times you've used that??

Reread my responses in this thread and tell me where I'm defending Skel?? Personally, I agree with what most of the people are saying on here. His responses are generally just copies of what was said right before him, and his "guides" aren't really guides. My point in my first response was "this is a really negative thread. My point in the 2nd response was in response to the multiple people on here saying they have called out Skel in his threads, and they have Pmed him. If calling him out, and Pming him doesn't change his ways, then ignore him. That, zeusabe, is called common sense. That is not dictating someone's way of posting. And to your point of "someone who is clearly in the wrong... Where is Skel in the wrong?? Is it to your interpretation of the forum rules?? If he was clearly in the wrong, then I'm sure one of the real forum moderators would address it. *hears crickets* Yep, they aren't addressing it, so he's not clearly in the wrong.

So to recap...
- I have been consistent in my attitude. My attitude is "stop being so negative", or "why are we being so negative". Common theme... No negativity.
- I could care less whether you use the search button, double, triple, or even quadrauple post. Shoo... I don't even care if you post the same thread 5 times, with the same content, and different headlines. i just hit the back button, and move on to the next interesting looking headline.
- You can post anything you want to, and tell people not to look at it if they don't like it. That is almost my point. My point is, instead of going back and forth with a bunch of people that aren't even the OP, just don't respond, and move on. If there is a forumer who routinely starts threads that irritate people, don't open them. If you do, don't be surprised when you find irritating comments.

Hope this clarifies any misunderstandings you have about me.

Deathpunch
05-28-2012, 12:36 PM
My point is, instead of going back and forth with a bunch of people that aren't even the OP, just don't respond, and move on.

This made me lol. If you can't even follow your own advice, why should anyone else?

Tip: Don't follow ZHEOTARE's advice. It's conflicting.

-----

ZHEOTARE
05-28-2012, 01:32 PM
My point is, instead of going back and forth with a bunch of people that aren't even the OP, just don't respond, and move on.

This made me lol. If you can't even follow your own advice, why should anyone else?

Tip: Don't follow ZHEOTARE's advice. It's conflicting.

Touche...

In retrospect, I should have PMed my response.

zeusabe
05-28-2012, 07:07 PM
While on the surface, your point seems valid, let's dig deeper...

My response to Bronxman

On the for real, Bronx, it's time to stop. I generally laugh at your threads and posts, but you're just egging people on at this point. Not cool.

This was response #59 to that thread. The context of this was that he was just egging and inciting the negativity.

From my quit thread

- Every main topic, and most of the minor ones, that can be covered, have been covered. Maybe the OP doesn't know how to use the search
function. Maybe they didn't find the information they wanted. Maybe they just want to make their own post. In the end, what does it matter??
Seriously, if there are 20 threads on where is the best place to farm gold, does one more post hurt?? Maybe, just maybe, someone found a
better spot then is listed in any of the first 20 threads.

- I bet there isn't a thread like this that's been made. If there is, I won't know. I didn't search for it.

I think this on is pretty self explanatory. Please don't lump me in with the people that used the "use the search button" line. Truthfully, that could be used in most threads now a days. And as you can see, I was calling out the people that were using that line all the time.

From this thread

Before you start spewing about living to one standard... 2/3 of your responses on this thread was TIP: Use the search button. Then you seem to be complaining about people using that line. Should I use the search funtion to find out how many times you've used that??

Reread my responses in this thread and tell me where I'm defending Skel?? Personally, I agree with what most of the people are saying on here. His responses are generally just copies of what was said right before him, and his "guides" aren't really guides. My point in my first response was "this is a really negative thread. My point in the 2nd response was in response to the multiple people on here saying they have called out Skel in his threads, and they have Pmed him. If calling him out, and Pming him doesn't change his ways, then ignore him. That, zeusabe, is called common sense. That is not dictating someone's way of posting. And to your point of "someone who is clearly in the wrong... Where is Skel in the wrong?? Is it to your interpretation of the forum rules?? If he was clearly in the wrong, then I'm sure one of the real forum moderators would address it. *hears crickets* Yep, they aren't addressing it, so he's not clearly in the wrong.

So to recap...
- I have been consistent in my attitude. My attitude is "stop being so negative", or "why are we being so negative". Common theme... No negativity.
- I could care less whether you use the search button, double, triple, or even quadrauple post. Shoo... I don't even care if you post the same thread 5 times, with the same content, and different headlines. i just hit the back button, and move on to the next interesting looking headline.
- You can post anything you want to, and tell people not to look at it if they don't like it. That is almost my point. My point is, instead of going back and forth with a bunch of people that aren't even the OP, just don't respond, and move on. If there is a forumer who routinely starts threads that irritate people, don't open them. If you do, don't be surprised when you find irritating comments.

Hope this clarifies any misunderstandings you have about me.

First of all, I find this thread egging and inciting negativity, otherwise we wouldn't be talking discussing it, all you have to do is look at the posts before us (or look the TS other threads). In fact, that's the reason why you're here right, you're supposed to be the one to stop people from unleashing all their negativity to the TS. It just so happened that you're on the other side of the fence now.

On your second point, your argument is that since there are 20 similar threads out there, it's OK to have 1 more similar thread. You just admitted to be willfully defiant of the TOS, that's all I wanted to read. The logic behind the policy is beyond my comprehension since I was not present when it was made, but the fact remains that it's there and must be followed, otherwise, what's the point of it being there. Since we're talking a violation of a rule here, in spirit, what you're actually implying is if someone did wrong 19 times (since the first doesn't count), then 1 more wrong won't hurt, that's twisted.

On your third point, about using the search button line is applicable to most threads nowadays, I must agree with you on that statement, but that's true only because the policy was poorly observed. Just because something already spread doesn't make it correct, as much as how prostitution have spread (obviously that's not correct but people are happy so whatever).

Fourth point, I used the word tip to open my sentence and I replied to a single thread. Obviously, my train of thought will be the same given a certain issue unless I've a personality disorder. I assure you I've not said anything similar in any of my posts unless I'm also trying to point out the repetitious nature of a thread. I don't change what I scream on similar threads like other people...

Fifth, you started defending the TS when you told people not to open his thread when he makes one and it snowballed from there.

Sixth, Ignoring someone is not my way of dealing with a wrong, that's your style not mine, I say what I think, that ZHEOTARE is called standing up for what is right. I got an official document called TOS to back me up so I know I'm right, I don't even need to interpret it, it was explicitly stated all you have to do is read it. You're simply trying to twist it and make it correct because you were caught cold on your inconsistent behavior. For the record, he was reprimanded many times already...in fact, some people already consider him as a troll, I guess STS has been very lenient to him, but that doesn't mean it should be tolerated.

Seventh, it's funny how you mention your attitude being anti negative when you quit the forums when faced with predicaments. So that's how you deal with negativity, you leave and ignore people and let them do their trolling while you pretend not to hear/see them. That's the worst plan I've heard when it comes to trying to remove negativity in anything, don't do anything and leave.

On your recap, you again emphasized to ignore people, and you expect negativity to disappear? I'm not how you came up with this theory, but from where I'm from, you need action to get something, you can't just sit, hope for the best, don't do anything, and expect things to change. That's what the rest do, but I'm not like you, I'll speak my mind regardless if you have 10,000 posts over me if I don't agree with it, in my own little way, I'm trying to do something rather than not do anything at all. This forum needs more people like me than you, that I'm sure of.

NECROREAPER
05-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Tl;dr

JaytB
05-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Here, a cool pic...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/f2604f27.jpg

Appleisaac
05-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Here, a CHILL pic...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/f2604f27.jpg

cool pill? :P

saool
05-28-2012, 07:46 PM
IB4L :rolleyes: looks like it just might get locked...

Elixirgod
05-28-2012, 07:53 PM
The next one should be how to use your emotes :)

Appleisaac
05-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Does anyone even remember what this thread was originally about? I do. It was a simple "helpful" location for skel to write down random tips in... It seems that things always get out of hand... If you have a problem with another former or just feel like trolling, go "express" that somewhere else. Things like this always happen to threads like this... First the trolls come out and throw away the topic the OP had set, then a few mild flames start, then it's war... Please, it is too late for this thread (I'm giving up hope in it too :P),but it isnt too late for future threads. We don't have to turn the forums into a flame war, we can fix stuff like this! FORUM PEACE FTW!!!!

ExperimentNebulaCore
05-28-2012, 10:50 PM
People on forums have big vocabulary o.O

zeusabe
05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
@ Appleisaac - It depends on who you ask, there are some people like myself who feels that this thread should not even exist in the first place. A troll-able thread, redundant thread, an unnecessary thread, and most importantly a repetitious thread (did I say redundant?). Contrary to your analysis, by disagreeing on repetitious threads, future thread starters will be more careful not to commit the same mistake as not to embarrass themselves, it's long-term, but I don't blame you for not seeing that...People here have become too tolerant of mistakes to the point that people forget they are in a public forum where it's guided by rules and people watch, this is not a place where you can shout or repeat anything you want, and tell the other guy who disagrees to go somewhere else as if you own the forum, if you want to do that, make a private website or something, as long as you're here in a public forum, expect to be disagreed upon by people who are guided by these rules and you should be prepared to defend yourself if you think you're correct. Again I'm not policing, but don't hate me for disagreeing, and if you think that because of me that this thread became hopeless (closed in the future) then I'll take that as a compliment.

Deathpunch
05-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Tip: Do not seek shelter under a lone tree in a thunderstorm. The result could be electrifying.

-----

Appleisaac
05-29-2012, 05:57 AM
@ Appleisaac - It depends on who you ask, there are some people like myself who feels that this thread should not even exist in the first place. A troll-able thread, redundant thread, an unnecessary thread, and most importantly a repetitious thread (did I say redundant?). Contrary to your analysis, by disagreeing on repetitious threads, future thread starters will be more careful not to commit the same mistake as not to embarrass themselves, it's long-term, but I don't blame you for not seeing that...People here have become too tolerant of mistakes to the point that people forget they are in a public forum where it's guided by rules and people watch, this is not a place where you can shout or repeat anything you want, and tell the other guy who disagrees to go somewhere else as if you own the forum, if you want to do that, make a private website or something, as long as you're here in a public forum, expect to be disagreed upon by people who are guided by these rules and you should be prepared to defend yourself if you think you're correct. Again I'm not policing, but don't hate me for disagreeing, and if you think that because of me that this thread became hopeless (closed in the future) then I'll take that as a compliment.
I'm not blaming you :). I understand your points; however, this thread is no longer even close to the original topic :P. Look at it. I am not telling anyone to "go somewhere else". You could even open another thread about it or setting in pms, but IMO threads should actually stay on the subject they were originally intended for. Also, that post wasnt just to you, but it was to those trolls in the beginning of the thread. They caused most of the damage that broke apart this thread and many others :P.

Deathpunch
05-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Man, all y'all are arguing and carrying on. Let's get back to what's important here, the tips.

Tip: When you have a baking dish with cooked on food, I'm looking at you au gratin potatoes, soak the dish in the hottest water you can from your sink with a used dryer sheet until the water is cool. Your mess will wipe right out!

-----

Appleisaac
05-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Man, all y'all are arguing and carrying on. Let's get back to what's important here, the tips.

Tip: When you have a baking dish with cooked on food, I'm looking at you au gratin potatoes, soak the dish in the hottest water you can from your sink with a used dryer sheet until the water is cool. Your mess will wipe right out!

-----
because cooking tips are always whats important :)

Delphina
05-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm going to close this thread for the following reason:

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.