PDA

View Full Version : Remove platinum and allow real life currency to purchase virtual items directly

zeusabe
05-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Put a price tag on each item in the store and let us buy them per piece using real life money through credit cards, paypal, etc. This way, we'll only buy what we want and not let our money sleep on unused platinum. For instance if I want a dragon pet worth 200 platinum, I say replace the 200 platinum with a dollar amount...say $20, then we can buy it directly instead of buying an entire 800 platinum pack. Unlike many players, I find it annoying whenever I have unspent platinum, for me, it means I overspent...and the idea of saving it for something in the future is misleading, it actually means your money is sleeping that you could have used somewhere else in real life for that particular time, that's what it really means. The amounts may not be big, but I wouldn't mind having a couple of dollars at my disposal at any given point, just being liquid, instead of letting them sleep (especially if I worked for it *ahem*parents*allowance*). This is one of the small things that I'm sure the paying customers will appreciate. Thanks.

Piosidon
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm not paying $1 for every respec I make

NECROREAPER
05-27-2012, 04:26 AM
Put a price tag on each item in the store and let us buy them per piece using real life money through credit cards, paypal, etc. This way, we'll only buy what we want and not let our money sleep on unused platinum. For instance if I want a dragon pet worth 200 platinum, I say replace the 200 platinum with a dollar amount...say $20, then we can buy it directly instead of buying an entire 800 platinum pack. Unlike many players, I find it annoying whenever I have unspent platinum, for me, it means I overspent...and the idea of saving it for something in the future is misleading, it actually means your money is sleeping that you could have used somewhere else in real life for that particular time, that's what it really means. The amounts may not be big, but I wouldn't mind having a couple of dollars at my disposal at any given point, just being liquid, instead of letting them sleep (especially if I worked for it *ahem*parents*allowance*). This is one of the small things that I'm sure the paying customers will appreciate. Thanks.

I think if STS goes with this route, the value of their dollar becomes real and apparent to them, making people spend less.

Say for example, the dragon pack costs 200 plat and you have 800 plat, not too bad of a deal right? Now if it showed up as a real dollar amount, say $20, then people would be far more hesitant to part with $20 Rather than 200 plat.

It sure would simplify things, but lemme tell you that if respecs cost 50¢ each or a new vanity balloon cost $8, I'd more than likely stop spending money on the game altogether O.o