PDA

View Full Version : SoooOoo upset...

TANKKAAR
05-26-2012, 08:47 PM
So typically I don't like these rant threads as most are pointless and about trivial matters... This however is about money... Real money as it would be. Today I made a thread stating that I would be leveling my mage to 66 & in accordance in attempted to purchase some plat. Due to unforeseen circumstances this has been the most terrible plat purchasing experience ever. Firstly I bought an Amex prepaid card for the amount of $50.00 so that I could buy 800 plat for leveling.

• My first purchase was declined due to an issue with my google wallet

• After fixing the issue with google wallet & calling Amex to have my $1 returned that was charged for verification purposes I tried again. Which was again declined due to not having access to all my info or some thing to that nature. Which I called again to fix.

• Upon the third purchase attempt my card was charged with success! However the sucess was one sided :/ according to my goggle wallet the transaction was cancelled.. And according to my amex card, it was completed.

As seen in these photos:
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/PicsArt_1338078211978.jpg

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/PicsArt_1338078084543.jpg

I have called Amex and discussed this at great length and all they could do is tell me to call the vender/merchant, being a holiday weekend the vendor/merchant is closed.

Essentially im stuck... My money has been taken according to one party and refunded according to another and is now floating in internet limbo untill the weekend is over. Unfortunately by that time the double XP that I was trying to take advantage of (and that would have saved me alot of real money) will be over.

Please dont get me wrong I understand that this is not the fault of STS and these things happen relitively often due to security prtocals and what not..

Tbh, I really dont expect this thread to accomplish anything so please dont flame... Infact refrain from posting unless its constructive. I just really needed to get this off my chest and vent...

Thanks for listening...

TANKKAAR

Bebsi
05-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Sry bro, if there would be a way to transfer plat, I would give u a 1000 plat.
Is there no other way to purchase plat today?
Maybe iTunes cards?

TANKKAAR
05-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Unfortionatly not... Prior real life obligations (ie: bills, ect) prevent me from spending anymore then 50 buck atm and thats disappeared... Sucks :cold:

Samhayne
05-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Hey Tank, did you send the details in to the support team email? support@spacetimestudios.com?

Tank, check your e-mail, k?

TANKKAAR
05-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks Sam! You have totally put a smile on my face! Ill let you know if anything changes on my end.

May you & your family have a great memorial day weekend!!

Samhayne
05-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks Sam! You have totally put a smile on my face! Ill let you know if anything changes on my end.

May you & your family have a great memorial day weekend!!

You too matey!

modredd
05-27-2012, 01:20 AM
I had a problem purchasing platinum tonight and I never had that before I had to call google customer service for them to tell me its not spacetime studios error it was there errot and they were not sure why?
I tried twice both failed. And my friend was unable to purchase platinum tonight he had to go through his apple system and we both traditionally use android?
It seems to be in issue purchasing platnum through google wallet With some users.
Because I was able to buy a regular app no problem.

mafiainc42
05-27-2012, 01:58 AM
Happen to me as well on dl bro same cancel look from google and both cancelled attempts tookin from.my bank account.. 24hours later one.cancelled transaction was refunded on BA now waitining for second..

ohokyea
05-27-2012, 02:18 AM
Unfortionatly not... Prior real life obligations (ie: bills, ect) prevent me from spending anymore then 50 buck atm and thats disappeared... Sucks :cold:

And I just made a post about the free offers [AKA SCAMS].. I hope you get your money back. If you do, I hope you keep it. STS is more about money than customer service [which is why they have put out four incomplete mmos instead of 1-2 amazing mmos]. save that 50 bucks and buy a decent game with proper customer service

TANKKAAR
05-27-2012, 03:53 AM
And I just made a post about the free offers [AKA SCAMS].. I hope you get your money back. If you do, I hope you keep it. STS is more about money than customer service [which is why they have put out four incomplete mmos instead of 1-2 amazing mmos]. save that 50 bucks and buy a decent game with proper customer service

I have to disagree with you on several aspects of your argument here and will come to the defense of STS on this occasion.

• The so called free offers are a service provided by another company all together, and though I have my complaints about tapjoy (ie: not getting plat even after completing all steps on a "paid for" offer) that is not the fault of STS

• Although I will admit that the "company" seems more driven by the bottom line and profit margins then ever before they are still deeply rooted in thier games and still care about the needs of the consumer, why else would I have got my problem fixed on a holiday weekend? also can you really expect a "company" to not be deiven by the bottom line? its there bread and butter, do you think whatever company you or your family works for is any better?

•The mmos that they have created are far from incomplete. Aside from the fact that they are by far the most comprehensive and inclusive of all mobile mmos. They are continually adding and tweaking. Sure they could always add more to one game hut with every new game it bring additional customers that werent interested in the last game. So in the end they become more profitable and are able to continue to secure thier seat in the world of gaming. Tbh they arent going anywhere and have plenty of time to add on all the things that you dream about them adding.

•Sure I cold invest in another game with so called "better" customer service but they just outsource all the issues, are even more difficult to get ahold of, and just as likely to leave issues unresolved or swept under the rug because they can affors to.

Besides even if I got a game thats twice as good for half what I spend on Pl it would have the community I have grown to love. Its these reasons and more om faithful to this game... And sts even if I dont always like there desicions... Its not my game to run, just mine to,play

NECROREAPER
05-27-2012, 04:03 AM
I have to disagree with you on several aspects of your argument here and will come to the defense of STS on this occasion.

• The so called free offers are a service provided by another company all together, and though I have my complaints about tapjoy (ie: not getting plat even after completing all steps on a "paid for" offer) that is not the fault of STS

• Although I will admit that the "company" seems more driven by the bottom line and profit margins then ever before they are still deeply rooted in thier games and still care about the needs of the consumer, why else would I have got my problem fixed on a holiday weekend? also can you really expect a "company" to not be deiven by the bottom line? its there bread and butter, do you think whatever company you or your family works for is any better?

•The mmos that they have created are far from incomplete. Aside from the fact that they are by far the most comprehensive and inclusive of all mobile mmos. They are continually adding and tweaking. Sure they could always add more to one game hut with every new game it bring additional customers that werent interested in the last game. So in the end they become more profitable and are able to continue to secure thier seat in the world of gaming. Tbh they arent going anywhere and have plenty of time to add on all the things that you dream about them adding.

•Sure I cold invest in another game with so called "better" customer service but they just outsource all the issues, are even more difficult to get ahold of, and just as likely to leave issues unresolved or swept under the rug because they can affors to.

Besides even if I got a game thats twice as good for half what I spend on Pl it would have the community I have grown to love. Its these reasons and more om faithful to this game... And sts even if I dont always like there desicions... Its not my game to run, just mine to,play

Lovely post Tank

The Flash
05-27-2012, 04:38 AM
If i didnt know better il think i was seeing a mirror. Same thing happened to me on mothers day weekend. I missed out on 4.5 damage since my 2000 plat was in limbo. They resolved it and as a sorry i got the flowers for free.

All I can say is while I was going to SCU I worked retail all 6 years and STS still has the best custome service if seen. I mean sometimes its out of there control.

Itrickftw
05-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Wait why was there no tax on your purchase? when i try to purchase 800 plat with a $50 itunes card it never works because of tax -.-

Itrickftw
05-27-2012, 05:08 AM
And apparently devs cant help

The Flash
05-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Wait why was there no tax on your purchase? when i try to purchase 800 plat with a $50 itunes card it never works because of tax -.-

Your probably getting taxed by apple as sts never charges me tax. Apple is kinda lame like that.

Itrickftw
05-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Seriously? that sucks -.-

Cobraguy
05-27-2012, 07:13 AM
I also had this happen with a mere 30 plat on my second account. Charged it 3 times and only got one 30 plat. One charge was corrected but the other one was not. Guess I'll be emailing sts when I wake up. Someone owes me $5 or 30 plat. :)

TANKKAAR
05-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Lovely post Tank

Thanks Necro..lol
It was almost 2am so im just glad it made sense and didnt come out all crazy cause I was so tired, like this..

"hduenckd kxncbxkd.cmckdd nxncjx"...hahahaha

All I can say is while I was going to SCU I worked retail all 6 years and sts the best custome service if seen. I mean sometimes its out of there control.

15years retail management and I couldn't agree more!

Have you ever read there terms of service... Pretty crazy all that fine print..lol
I found this:
Your total price will include the price of the product plus any applicable sales tax; such sales tax is based on the bill-to address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time you download the product. We will charge tax only in states where digital goods are taxable.
Here:
http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#GIFTS

I also had this happen with a mere 30 plat on my second account. Charged it 3 times and only got one 30 plat. One charge was corrected but the other one was not. Guess I'll be emailing sts when I wake up. Someone owes me $5 or 30 plat. :)

You should definitly send sts an email.
I n order to help expedite your request please ensure that you have included the following information:

• Name of the product you are having an issue with. (Pocket Legends or Star Legends)
• Character name or the email address associated with the account.
• Any order numbers or transaction IDs relating to your issue.